YesNoOk

Ink's batch files  (Read 22716 times)

Started by inktrebuchet, September 20, 2016, 02:47:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ink's batch files
#21  September 26, 2016, 06:44:15 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
It's not a matter of if it is possible. It can be done, it's not really a quick fix so it could cause problems with other character folders.

I could make a fix for your specific problem but this is a public release and it makes more since to pass over folders that don't use normal MUGEN standards.
#22  September 27, 2016, 10:20:10 pm
    • USA
Updated my first post with a new batch file! QUICK-ARCADE-prompt.bat

I hope you guys like it. It runs a quick custom arcade game. None of my beta testers have gotten back to me so let me know if you find anything weird!
Re: Ink's batch files / Updated
#23  September 30, 2016, 05:45:36 pm
    • USA
Updated QUICK-ARCADE with a Survival mode. Its different from MUGEN's, it still has 1 round per match, life+time-bonus and power still rollover to the next match but you choose how many matches are fought before you get to the boss of your chose.
*Before it comes up, I should mention the life bars appear full but they are set lower than 1000 if lower life is rolled-over. I'm not sure if that's just my default MUGEN bars or if there is a way to make them look depleted. Power bars act as you would expect.*

There is also an option now to keep the same set up as your last so you don't have to re-enter everything each time you want to play. (as long as you want to start with the same set up as last time.) The setup can also be altered manually in the QUICK-ARCADE.cfg file that is produced.

Next I am planning an automatic save feature for Survival Mode. For those that have a ton of characters, in the future you will be able to stop mid game and then pick back up later in the same spot.

Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:33:19 pm by ink
Re: Ink's batch files / save-game added to QUICK-ARCADE-prompt.bat
#24  October 03, 2016, 06:25:43 pm
    • USA
Updated QUICK-ARCADE-prompt.bat.

Survival Mode now automatically saves your game so you can stop mid game and load it later. Ramp Difficulty currently not supported for continued games.

If you guys have ideas for improvements or other ideas, I would love to hear them.

I am thinking that a score might able to be saved from match to match now... I just don't know the exact limitations of a characters so that one will have to wait until I find an experienced character coder to collaborate with or learn to do it myself.
Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:46:28 pm by ink
#25  October 03, 2016, 09:28:52 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
Updated QUICK-ARCADE-prompt.bat.

Survival Mode now automatically saves your game so you can stop mid game and load it later. Ramp Difficulty currently not supported for continued games.

If you guys have ideas for improvements or other ideas, I would love to hear them.

I am thinking that a score might able to be saved from match to match now... I just don't know the exact limitations of a characters so that one will have to wait until I find an experienced character coder to collaborate with or learn to do it myself.

is there any chance of it working in mugen 1.1?
even if in future?
#26  October 03, 2016, 09:57:21 pm
    • USA
I hope I can figure out a way for it to work in 1.1. The only reason it doesn't work right now is because i can not get 1.1's command line "log" option to do anything. I think it was left out for some reason, unless I'm just missing something.

The log option is needed to know which character won the match. I'll take another look at 1.1 and see if I can figure something out.
Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:19:37 pm by ink
#27  October 04, 2016, 05:02:42 pm
    • USA
Beating myself up because I just found an undocumented command line option that will make my Difficulty Ramping code look way over coded and now out of date...

I will update the Difficulty ramping with the new code asap. On the plus side with the new command line option I found, the updated batch file will be smaller and ramp difficulty will be in it's final version.
Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:14:50 pm by ink
#28  October 06, 2016, 04:50:03 pm
    • USA
Updated QUICK-ARCADE-prompt.bat

Ramp Difficulty is now working perfectly in both Arcade Mode and Survival Mode.

I am able to add "Game Over" Game Saved" and "You Win" screens to  QUICK-ARCADE now but that would mean more files to download. (a few def files and a sff file). What do you guys think, worth putting together?
#29  October 06, 2016, 06:00:30 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917

I am able to add "Game Over" Game Saved" and "You Win" screens to  QUICK-ARCADE now but that would mean more files to download. (a few def files and a sff file). What do you guys think, worth putting together?

Yes for sure
#30  December 24, 2016, 10:50:29 pm
    • USA
I just updated my first post with a new beta version of QUICK-ARCADE.bat.

It's a proof of concept, featuring a roll-over score system. The score system itself is very basic and not fully functional yet.

This version also features a new lifebar built in. Unfortunately, I learned after making this version that there is a explod limit so there are some bugs with this version due to mugen's default settings. I am only releasing this one for anyone else that may want to look through the code. It could be useful for full game. I was hoping to make a select screen in a similar way but will hold off now due to explod limitations.

Sav file not compatible with past versions! You will need to delete your old Sav file for it to work properly.

For those worried about it, this doesn't overwrite any files and will not mess up anything in your current mugen settings if you give it a try.

I hope you guys enjoy it!
Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 08:27:26 pm by ink
#31  April 04, 2017, 11:03:14 am
Hi Ink, got a question for RANDOM-BATTLE.bat.
anyway to make Player 1 character also random?

thanks