YesNoOk

Original Steampunk-ish Lifebars (Mostly finished, High res) (Read 24279 times)

Started by Cecil, April 13, 2010, 01:57:59 am
Share this topic:
Original Steampunk-ish Lifebars (Mostly finished, High res)
#1  April 13, 2010, 01:57:59 am
  • My personal text is boring.
    • www.furaffinity.net/user/cecil-sayataki/
http://www.mediafire.com/?hz3n4z4tljg

I say mostly finished because there are a few problems with these that I'm not sure if I feel like fixing.
I'll probably just make a whole new set with a similar look.

-There's a problem with the powerbars not showing up, as you can see in the picture. I'm not sure if it's a coding problem or a spriting problem.

-The Win Icons (the blue sphere at the top in the second screenshot) are left floating where they are because I thought that I could use individual sprites for the Round 1 Win and the Round 2 Win. If I can, please let me know and I'll fix that ASAP.

-The section for names is really small lol.

-I used fonts from the Fate/Unlimited Codes Lifebars by Kohaku, the KOF XII Lifebars by Kohaku (some of the sounds too), and the Spidey Font by Ziltima. I'd like to make some custom fonts for it, but I'm not sure how to set up the .PCX for Fntmaker. I'd like to make some custom sounds too.

So yes, these are my first lifebars. I used http://randomselect.piiym.net/tutorials/lifebars.htm as my tutorial.
If you download and actually use this: Holy shit thank you.

I've got designs for another set of bars already drawn out. I'm gonna use my experience from making these to make something much better and actually complete.
My signature is also boring.
Re: Original Steampunk-ish Lifebars (Mostly finished, High res)
#2  April 13, 2010, 02:01:40 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I think you just load your pcx (given the palette is set up and such) into the font maker tool off randomselect and it should be fine.

Also I think these would look better without portraits, cause those portraits look pretty bad like that.
#3  April 13, 2010, 02:34:43 am
Right. But is it just one big .PCX containing every letter, number, and character? Or an individual .PCX for each one?
That's what I'm trying to find out.

You're right. They probably would.
The don't really fit in.
#4  April 13, 2010, 02:41:08 am
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
its a pcx containing every letter/number and used with a program like font factory you can easily make the font file
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#5  April 13, 2010, 02:48:49 am
Ah. Thank you very much.