YesNoOk

How to eliminate moves? (Read 671 times)

Started by CyraxXXi, January 08, 2019, 01:18:33 pm
Share this topic:
How to eliminate moves?
New #1  January 08, 2019, 01:18:33 pm
    • Italy
    • ulysselysse@yahoo.it
Hello, I would like to balance some chars by eliminating the supreme moves, do you know how to do it?
Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 12:08:18 am by CyraxXXi
Re: How to eliminate moves?
#2  January 08, 2019, 01:58:04 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
You mean disabbling some moves? If so, I think the best way is changing some states in the CMD to "Null". It's not that simple, and you'd have to do it for each and every char. I can go more in details if you want.
#3  January 08, 2019, 02:57:51 pm
    • Italy
    • ulysselysse@yahoo.it
You mean disabbling some moves? If so, I think the best way is changing some states in the CMD to "Null". It's not that simple, and you'd have to do it for each and every char. I can go more in details if you want.

Yes, you would do me a favor, because alone I can not figure out how to disable it.
I had tried to eliminate the state, but with poor results, because the AI continues to use it.
#4  January 08, 2019, 03:59:43 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
So, I'm assuming you have a bit of knowledge about how chars work, each move is a state and each state have a different number, etc. You need to identify which number(s) is the state(s) of the move(s) you want to disable, then in the CMD file, you will replace the "changestate" by "null". Example:

[State -1, Move]
type = ChangeState
value = 3000
triggerAll = command = "2qcfp"

Becomes:

[State -1, Move]
type = Null
value = 3000

And you do that to all the moves you want to disable.

Also, some creators code AI and they code the same move twice, one for the player and one for the AI, all you have to do is put "Null" in them too.
If you accidentally disable a move you don't want to disable, do the opposite and replace "Null" with "ChangeState".
#5  January 09, 2019, 07:06:05 pm
    • Italy
    • ulysselysse@yahoo.it
So, I'm assuming you have a bit of knowledge about how chars work, each move is a state and each state have a different number, etc. You need to identify which number(s) is the state(s) of the move(s) you want to disable, then in the CMD file, you will replace the "changestate" by "null". Example:

[State -1, Move]
type = ChangeState
value = 3000

Becomes:

[State -1, Move]
type = Null
value = 3000

And you do that to all the moves you want to disable.

Also, some creators code AI and they code the same move twice, one for the player and one for the AI, all you have to do is put "Null" in them too.
If you accidentally disable a move you don't want to disable, do the opposite and replace "Null" with "ChangeState".

Thanks for help.