YesNoOk

Sage's Sprites and Animations (Read 159403 times)

Started by TempestSageJDJ, December 12, 2012, 04:02:11 am
Re: Sage's Sprites and Animations
#61  August 26, 2013, 01:11:43 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
A promise is a promise.

It's a Custom version of Slur.exe from Megaman Battle Network for the game that I plan on making. I just used Karin as a base, but in a different way to get used to the way sprites this size are proportioned and shaped. I don't plan on using bases forever. That's why I did that. Btw, quick request. Can someone who's good at CvS reduce the colors for me? The current colors that I have are at the bottom:

#62  August 26, 2013, 01:23:18 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Well, if anything it's a start. I still use bases myself for various things (mostly heads, feet, legs, arms, hands, and hair)...but after a while you'll learn to get those down yourself. Part of learning art in general~

Looking forward to seeing how things turn out for ya in this! ^^
#63  August 26, 2013, 01:30:20 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Thanks! After I'm used to this style I'm going to make a new idle for her.
#64  September 30, 2013, 11:12:06 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I know that I shouldn't be posting here when I don't have anything to sprite with, but I thought that I should post that when I get my laptop back, I'm going to be working on a custom game project, as well as a different method of spriting.
#65  October 09, 2013, 06:50:04 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

This is just part one of this new method. This method has three parts for body creation, two parts for coloring, and maybe one part for detailing and shading. This will be a body that will have the clothes drawn on for experimental reasons.
#66  October 10, 2013, 06:17:48 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

A new and probably better sprite using my new method. The character that has this pose will be one of 9 other characters for the game that I plan on making.
#67  October 10, 2013, 10:00:35 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Either I'm very anxious for feedback, or my work isn't that impressive.

A wip of a teenage girl. Really like how it turned out.

Her height compared to the second wip I made.
#68  October 10, 2013, 10:56:36 pm
    • USA
Not much for me to really say as I don't know the techniques that everyone uses for their spriting (I generally base things off of "finished" or close to "finished" sprites, or sprites in progress, since it's easier to see how things work from there). Maybe once you get going with the spriting itself I can give more feedback and stuff. Sorry if I'm not that helpful right now. ^^;
#69  October 10, 2013, 11:02:20 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Ah. Okay.
#70  October 12, 2013, 06:11:00 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

A character for a project that I won't get into detail with yet. I liked how this turned out. The sword could some work though.

I used a stock as a reference: http://fav.me/d3dwr3a
#71  October 12, 2013, 10:19:09 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

Update. Just made some adjustments to the stickman.

Comparison to the first look.
#72  October 12, 2013, 10:25:40 pm
    • USA
Looks a lot more cleaner than the original. Better proportions and anatomy, though some issues lie here and there with both but that's for another time. I'm assuming the person is some kind of android/robot or something? Unless that's part of the stickman thing that's left behind for the elbow joins?
#73  October 13, 2013, 01:19:48 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Thanks for the comment! ^^

The lines on his joints are there to show the area that's going to be shaded. The gauntlets there are going to be shaded in a metallic style.
#74  October 13, 2013, 01:31:00 am
    • USA
Ah, gotcha. May need to touch up on the body a bit before doing any kind of shading to get it more proportional (unless that doesn't matter to you). Torso in particular needs to not look so...blocky, I guess is the best way to put it? If it's a shirt, shirts don't look that way really. That, and the right leg (the character's left) wouldn't bend like that at the knee down. Not in that manner anyways.

Hopefully this helps and doesn't sound like I'm nagging? ^^;;
#75  October 13, 2013, 03:03:57 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Ah, gotcha. May need to touch up on the body a bit before doing any kind of shading to get it more proportional (unless that doesn't matter to you). Torso in particular needs to not look so...blocky, I guess is the best way to put it? If it's a shirt, shirts don't look that way really. That, and the right leg (the character's left) wouldn't bend like that at the knee down. Not in that manner anyways.

Hopefully this helps and doesn't sound like I'm nagging? ^^;;

No. I welcome good criticism. Thanks, really. The torso is supposed to bend like the stock that I used, but I can resprite that. The knee can be adjusted easily. Thanks again! ^^

Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 04:25:52 pm by SageHarpuiaJDJ
#76  October 13, 2013, 04:26:08 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

An update to the girl. I discovered that the one of the steps that I used can help with the shading, hence why there is 3 colors on her pants.
#77  October 15, 2013, 03:07:26 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd another update. This time a new pose was made:

Like how it came out. Thoughts?
#78  October 15, 2013, 03:43:20 am
    • USA
Hmm...it's not a bad base I'll say. Once you fill in the base, can work from there with other things (but obviously, that's later stuff as this is just a building block and all that), but it's not a bad base at all.
#79  October 15, 2013, 08:49:53 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

Annnnnd were done! The character is a teenage girl named Yamagi Mano. In game she goes by a nickname given to her by a demon spirit worshiping cult, which is Blizzard. I like what I did, but I see some flaws, like I can't draw any breasts for example.

This stock was used: http://fav.me/d46jim3

Oh! And a gif with the process.

It's short, but trust me, this took awhile.
#80  October 17, 2013, 06:09:07 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
tfw you're not that interesting

Redoing the sprite above again. I can't get to finishing it because adding wrinkle detail is a serious pain in the ass. I Reeeeeeeeeally think that I did everything perfect in this sprite, but I can't finish because that detail. So, anyone have any advice on shading wrinkle detail?