YesNoOk

'best' Igniz? - 10-4-2012 (Read 26514 times)

Started by BoyBoyz, April 04, 2012, 11:34:01 pm
Share this topic:
'best' Igniz? - 10-4-2012
#1  April 04, 2012, 11:34:01 pm
So I've searched far and wide... no single Igniz character seems perfectly true to source. So I decided to do something. Here's Igniz-Boss (the most accurate one before editing) by one of the authors, edited by me:

1. Readjusted the redclsns for the two whip moves so that they can combo properly when right next to enemy
2. Enabled all combos/super cancels that were missed out (most can be done by performing the move right at the 9th hit of FDF+y)
3. Adjusted all ground/air/guard cornerpushs and velocities for all moves according to source.
4. Fixed incorrect hitdef animelems for some moves that all ignizes out there fail to correct. One of these mistakes is that after igniz lands from his strong uppercut, he can still do a 7-hit combo from the whip on his other arm as he brings the arm back to the front.
5. Fixed lots of incorrect sounds and timings

Note: This igniz has a 'boss mode' that you can select by holding start while selecting. The normal boss mode enables more moves, including the 2k2um max2. The SUPER BOSS MODE (hold start+z to select) contains instant kill when round start, and full invulnerability etc. Warning: the AI is GODLIKE. I did not code the AI.

I only edited the non-boss mode to play 99% accurate to source (only inaccurate things are the whip hits/sounds being too fast)

http://www.mediafire.com/?5gsem6412qcw4
Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 09:28:27 am by BoyBoyz
Re: 'best' Igniz?
#2  April 05, 2012, 12:14:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
So I've searched far and wide... no single Igniz character seems perfectly true to source.

What's wrong with Gonzo's loveable Igniz?

On another note, who's Igniz did you edit?
#3  April 05, 2012, 12:42:37 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
#4  April 05, 2012, 12:54:54 am
It's Gonzo's igniz edited by some other author. That author just added some special effects and a very good AI. And now the gameplay is touched up by me.
#5  April 05, 2012, 12:58:32 am
    • Puerto Rico
Oh ok, but that still didn't answer my first question though.
#6  April 05, 2012, 01:05:38 am
http://hi.baidu.com/%B5%B5%B4%CE%85%C4%B9%BB/blog/item/9da161262f4777198a82a1b0.html

This is that author's site if you're curious.

What's wrong with Gonzo's igniz? Everything that I corrected lol. Lots of things weren't true to source, like timings/pause timings, hitsounds, hitdefs, cornerpushes, ground/air velocities, and worst of all, the combo abilities.

However, I'm not saying his igniz is bad. It's great; I'm just trying to make it better ^_^
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:10:50 am by BoyBoyz
#7  April 05, 2012, 01:13:14 am
    • Puerto Rico
So basically, you have no idea whatsoever on what was really wrong with Gonzo's Igniz and just made everything up as you went along.

On the contrary my friend, Gonzo's Igniz was VERY accurate. The only thing inaccurate about his Igniz was that he actually put a juggle limit and he does somewhat less damage.

BTW, seems those bosses are for the Memorial game which itself is a stupid broken mash of a "KOF game".

One last thing

This is the damage Gonzo's Igniz Level 2 does on this Igniz

This is the damage it does on everyone else with normal defense
#8  April 05, 2012, 01:18:39 am
Well, if you say so : ) I made lots of corrections by comparing his igniz frame by frame with the actual igniz in the game. You won't be able to tell just by looking. You gotta love the character to know the intricate details. SO, don't make up stuff about me making up stuff, as you go along~

As for the increased damage, I didn't touch that at all. It's that chinese author's doing.
#9  April 05, 2012, 01:20:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
Yea? Which game?
And did you use any particular tool to compare it?
#10  April 05, 2012, 01:21:01 am
god. I shan't bother. Igniz is from KOF2001, emulated in winkawaks which enables frame by frame comparison, so you know which frame the move hits and which doesn't, or when the combo can start or when it can't. Please get your basics right before making things up as you go along~
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:24:23 am by BoyBoyz
#11  April 05, 2012, 01:24:20 am
    • Puerto Rico
So you stuck with mere eyesight? Trust me, you can't get everything right through the naked eye(I should know). It's why stuff like Artmoney exists.

Additionally, I don't recall mentioning increased damage. Those pictures were of the damage Gonzo's uneditted Igniz's level 2 did on YOUR edit and the damage it SHOULD be doing.
#12  April 05, 2012, 01:26:04 am
Then you are obviously trying to prove something which I can't be bothered to entertain. Facts stand - there were inaccuracies. I corrected them for the public good. Now if you want to disagree just for the sake of disagreeing, you can amuse yourself with the remaining space that I shan't grace with my golden time.

I never touched damage. I just corrected gameplay. You should make an edit of this edit, or inform me of the exact details, if you want corrections made. I have artmoney and know how it works, btw.
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:31:32 am by BoyBoyz
#13  April 05, 2012, 02:00:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm not trying to prove anything.
However, when your edit is taking significantly less damage than he should I have to question the rest of your editting.

Additionally, you editted from an edit, one that seems to be editted for the Memorial game which is particularly notorious for having absurdly broken versions of bosses.

Sorry, but there is too much here that makes it hard to believe. I think I'll wait and see if anyone can confirm that frames and such are indeed correct.

Cap

#14  April 05, 2012, 02:02:29 am
  • Get your hands off of me, you damn dirty ape!
    • USA
You're assuming Darkflare has no idea what he's talking about. I'm inclined to believe everything he's posted is correct just by how you're responding. As for the damage, you must likely upped his defense. DF is saying that the damage Gonzo's Igniz does to your Igniz with his Level 2 isn't the same as what it would do against, say, KFM, leading me to believe you, as I said before, upped his defense. I can't be sure, seeing as I CBF to download this thing.
#15  April 05, 2012, 02:56:58 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
DF did you know Igniz had more health in source? Due to KOF's scaling. That COULD be what it's based off of, I daresay....maybe.  Honestly, I wouldn't expect an 100% accurate igniz. I don't see why you're complaining about minor frame corrections that are being made, even if they aren't accurate they're probably better than Gonzo's. As good as his Igniz was, it felt weird in comparison to source, so any frame corrections that can make it minutely better is an improvement, if you ask me. Just tried it, yes the health is a bit high, but it's identical-ish to the source game. For a closing note, guess who ELSE used their eyes for 'frame data?' Gonzo.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:10:30 am by Killer Kong
#16  April 05, 2012, 03:20:27 am
    • Puerto Rico
You're assuming Darkflare has no idea what he's talking about. I'm inclined to believe everything he's posted is correct just by how you're responding. As for the damage, you must likely upped his defense. DF is saying that the damage Gonzo's Igniz does to your Igniz with his Level 2 isn't the same as what it would do against, say, KFM, leading me to believe you, as I said before, upped his defense. I can't be sure, seeing as I CBF to download this thing.
Interestingly enough, the CNS has their values to normal average health and defense so the defense buffing is coded into the character itself.

DF did you know Igniz had more health in source? Due to KOF's scaling. That COULD be what it's based off of, I daresay....maybe.
Yes, I'm aware of it. But when an attack that normally takes around 33% damage is only doing 8-9% damage instead, I think that goes far beyond KOF's boss health scaling. If you landed a super on Igniz or any KOF Boss in the source it still did respectable damage despite their obvious health buff.
#17  April 05, 2012, 03:22:45 am
  • For honor!
Gonzo does not use frame data. The reason his characters feel better than most is because Gonzo is a good coder and probably has a better sense of self criticism than most.
Iroha stripped for me
#18  April 05, 2012, 03:24:00 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
The health scaling is a bit high, I know, but besides that...what else do you have to show? I mean.....you can criticise the frame data but from what I'm seeing on my end, it looks smoother than Gonzo's in that regard.

#19  April 05, 2012, 03:27:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
Debug flood.

And the fact that it's editted from a Memorial version of the character.
#20  April 05, 2012, 03:30:34 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
People can salvage a TightRiam character. The edit's source should not be a concern. Focus on the edit itself. Debug flood I DO see. And people have salvaged memorial characters too, believe it or not.

#21  April 05, 2012, 03:42:00 am
    • Puerto Rico
This is probably from being used to seeing much cleaner CLSN but I'm having a hard time believing all those CLSN boxes are accurate.
I need to check the source KOF2001 on seeing if Igniz did have slower normals than Gonzo's Igniz has.
#22  April 05, 2012, 03:51:38 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
the thing with Gonzo's Igniz is that despite being good it feels a tad bit floaty and weird compared to what I remember Igniz being like. I assume the whip clsn is the adjustments made for it to hit up close.

#23  April 05, 2012, 04:08:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
Honestly, never had that feeling problem even when playing as him now. It's been a long time since I used Mame cheats to play Igniz in source KOF2k1 so I probably don't remember. Then again, maybe he WAS this floaty and weird in 2k1 and was tightened up for 2k2UM.(Which honestly wouldn't surprise me given the state of SNK at the time and some of the odd decisions made for it[Like the Active fighter/Striker/Super bar relationship]).

And those CLSN go far beyond making the loveable one's whip hit upclose.
#24  April 05, 2012, 04:22:52 am
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Best Igniz? OrochiKoF97's, of course.
#25  April 05, 2012, 02:09:47 pm
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, my main aim was to correct the gameplay by adding combos and making the sounds and timings more accurate. For example, for the HSDM, where igniz dashes to the enemy and slams him to the wall, the ending of the move where there's the huge explosion does not have any hit sound. ALL ignizs out there have hitsounds for that. Moreover, the middle of the move, where he slams the enemy with a huge blast, has the hitsound occur much later, if u check the source.

This is the same for his 2nd super, which has only 2 hitsounds at animelem 2 and 5 instead of 4 hitsounds. Moreover, the hitsounds were wrong as well, and should have been 1000,1 in the sound file instead of some other sound. There was something wrong if this super hit once only; in KOF2001, even if it hit once, the enemy would be hit twice, and fall down. This means that I should add numhits = 2 to aimelem 2 and 5 respectively, and fall = 1 to both.

Igniz's first super, where he sends pillars of blue light across the screen, has been messed up by so many authors. Some have it travel across the screen too fast, some have the pillars too far apart... this chinese edit came closest to the source (I believe Gonzo's one traveled too fast too, I forgot), so I decided to use it. However, it still contained hitsounds for the pillars hitting the enemy, which is inaccurate.

Another example is that the normal hits and punches have only one red clsn, at the last animelem. Gonzo's had two, and were too 'long', which made the punches hit earlier and further than they should have. The uppercut also did not hit 7 times when igniz was on the ground. His C+D move hit at the wrong animelems as well, and was more sluggish than KOF2001's.

His punches and kicks came out too fast also, so I modified that too, not to mention the incorrect knockback velocities and guard cornerpushoffs. The hard punch of Gonzo's igniz was a kof2k2um punch, but it looked kinda ugly... So i modified it back to kof2001's hard punch, which is incidentally exactly the same as the light punch, only more damage.

Also, the A+B evade backwards should travel further, as I've corrected

Regarding combos, igniz should be able to cancel the 9th hit of his uppercut (or the 3rd animelem of stateno 1062) into ANY special/super move. Gonzo's igniz missed out some potential combos. Moreover, Gonzo's igniz, as some of you have noticed, had a juggle limit on the standing strong whip. Perhaps this is a KOF2k2UM thing, but as far as  KOF2001 is concerned, you could chain infintely.

My corrections are thus aimed at reproducing kof2001 igniz's gameplay, not kof2k2UM's, sorry if it doesn't fit to the latter's demands. And yes, the damage and defense are scaled to the chinese author's liking because it is a boss-igniz edit after all. As far as I'm concerned, those values are easy to edit to your liking in the main cns file. I hope the gameplay suffices for what I failed to do.  I couldn't edit all the super sparks or whatever to KOF2001 style as well, given the limited time I had.

Gonzo's igniz was awesome. The best out there in terms of accuracy if you don't consider other flashy edits. With my 2 cents worth of work, I hope that anything lacking has been amended
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:37:03 pm by BoyBoyz
#26  April 05, 2012, 09:27:59 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Actually if you hold start and select Gonzo's igniz with any button besides Z, you'll get 2k1 accurate mode with whip juggle IIRC.

#27  April 06, 2012, 12:04:01 am
    • Puerto Rico
You do and Igniz gains back his whip infinite.
He also borrows the supers from his boss friends lackeys for his own use.
#28  April 06, 2012, 02:47:17 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
However this edit has a small jump, a KOF system namesake...which Gonzo was missing. lol. But do you think you could do an alternative patch for those who just want Gonzo's Vanilla Igniz with better animations? http://deathunlimited.web.fc2.com/DL.htm if you're interested, for the latest version of Igniz, 2008 I believe.

Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:55:56 am by Killer Kong
#29  April 06, 2012, 11:41:31 am
Yea Im aware that Gonzo's igniz gave more combos when pressing start and selecting the boss mode. However, it still missed out 2 combos and all the other mistakes > <

Erm I'm not sure if I have the time to fix that...
#30  April 06, 2012, 05:35:00 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
if you don't it's alright. If that's the case I'll upload a fix patch for this Igniz that fixes his health recovery(lol you forgot about it) and his defence, as well as nerfs his Attack a bit(you can change it easily in Statedef -3 it explains how.)

New #31  April 10, 2012, 09:28:23 am
10-4-2012:

Important combo update:

1. Added combo from Strong uppercut into weak uppercut, vice versa

2. Added combo from uppercuts into whips, vice versa

3. Changed Uppercut landing combo timeframe from animelem 3-4 to animelem 3-5. This makes it easier.
Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 04:35:03 pm by BoyBoyz