YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 1048966 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters
#241  March 03, 2014, 01:55:29 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Honestly, I don't think that project there comes any close as to THIS project over here. This project seems to do a lot better at being more NES.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#242  March 03, 2014, 02:02:09 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Yeah, but you gotta admit those sprites are pretty good. I kinda like it because there's 4 Marios. :D
#243  March 03, 2014, 08:01:24 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#244  March 03, 2014, 12:37:57 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
*Insert Mario Madness commercial here*
#245  March 04, 2014, 12:15:43 am
  • New to mugen but first character was a hit.
    • Canada
    • theultimatebrawlmaster@gmail.com
here is awesome dig dug art kingpepe!!!

hope you like it
16 bit Sonic all the way for creating!
Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 12:20:52 am by nesmaster
#246  March 04, 2014, 12:27:13 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
...yeah I'm not going to lie. That project doesn't even feel like it's trying to stick to the original console. (also am I the only one that's kind of bugged by the fact it's using the arcade sprites for the Karate Champ character and not the NES sprites?)

@nesmaster: Even though it's nice, Dig Dug has a different sprite here and his helpers aren't finalized either.
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
#247  March 04, 2014, 01:39:39 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I like it because it kinda acts like some weird mesh of original gameplay, but your project is way better in almost every way. Although, I do love it's orginality at some points, specifically the winposes. So there's this, Famicom Hisi Tai, and now that too.
#248  March 06, 2014, 07:19:18 pm
    • USA
and I'm just going to leave this here:
BGC Forums
#249  March 06, 2014, 07:22:18 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Epic.
#250  March 06, 2014, 07:26:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Dig Dug looks way cool there.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#251  March 06, 2014, 08:29:19 pm
    • Canada
That is way pass cool kingpepe!!!Better than the arcade version of dig dug but you still have lots work to do.You have to work on the helpers,the bug fixes, finding new characters to be in the game all i have to say is good luck to you and your friends kingpepe and maybe you will release dig dug and find some new characters.Your going to need it.

And some more suggestions(they keep on coming):

pitfall harry (from super pitfall)
sub-zero (from the mortal kombat pirate)
maybe woody (from toy story pirate)
toxie (from toxic crusaders)
jack(from titenic)
jake(from totally rad)
clovis(from dragon buster)
aladdin(from aladdin(pretty funny cause his name comes from the game))
Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 08:28:39 pm by nesmaster
#252  March 23, 2014, 08:09:39 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Woah, is there still any work on this? Also, what about a character from a NES WWF game. Or a character from M.U.S.C.L.E?
#253  March 23, 2014, 09:25:34 pm
Dig Dug is very great man. I enjoyed it's games alot as a kid. He is taller but it makes him more of a fighter for this game. It gives him a more equal look when compared with the other characters you have there.
#254  March 24, 2014, 01:05:21 am
    • Canada
Woah, is there still any work on this? Also, what about a character from a NES WWF game. Or a character from M.U.S.C.L.E?

i think he is going to consider one of the characters from any of those games (maybe)
#255  March 24, 2014, 03:48:43 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Both are licensed games, so no, he won't use either.
#256  March 24, 2014, 04:20:29 pm
  • me? yes i am newbie
dig dug was always one of my favourite nes characters (along with lode runner, dizzy and rygar), very cool that you are working on him for your nes mugen project. i even bought preorder of pac man pc game to own dig dug skin lol so, im looking foward to your project.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeHoW2wNEQ xD

about character request thingy, i know the bubble bobbles are representative for taito but what about "kick master"?
i think it is so underrated game. since it was released in famicon twilight era. but the game was epic! because of incredible replayability value.
ive spent on it more time than for whole castlevania playthrough. the game itself had unique system, detailed sprites, and dark atmosphere.. just simply the best for me, among games like castlevania/shinobi/ninja gaiden/sentai..

the another character idea comes to my mind is "magical doropie" (shes a little witch, with broom). don't remember it that good, but it was VERY difficult game, perhaps similar to megaman in some points. the character had possibility to change colors and gain special abilites/shoting modes essential to progress through game. i think your project needs some female characters too!
Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 05:06:44 pm by Teitan
#257  March 24, 2014, 08:20:04 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
He's already considering Samus, but another wouldn't hurt. Famicom Wars could be a boss of sorts or something?
#258  March 28, 2014, 01:54:46 am
    • USA
@nesmaster:
That is way pass cool kingpepe!!!Better than the arcade version of dig dug but you still have lots work to do.You have to work on the helpers,the bug fixes, finding new characters to be in the game all i have to say is good luck to you and your friends kingpepe and maybe you will release dig dug and find some new characters.Your going to need it.
Heh, thank you!

And some more suggestions(they keep on coming):
pitfall harry (from super pitfall) Interesting bad game candidate but I'm not entirely sure how I can turn him into a proper character
sub-zero (from the mortal kombat pirate) My biggest problem with characters that appear in pirated ports is I can't use anything from their future selves as I stated in the character guidelines referring to movesets and I don't entirely feel comfortable having to make up supers. I guess in Sub-Zero's case, I can make up stuff and get away with it but I'll have to see where the roster goes though in the future if I want to include him. If anything, I'll probably use the variation from Hummer Team's Mortal Kombat II Special.
maybe woody (from toy story pirate) (Read the character guidelines again)
toxie (from toxic crusaders) (Read the character guidelines again)
jack(from titenic) (Read the character guidelines again)
jake(from totally rad) (Wow, I completely forgot about this game. I'll think about it)
clovis(from dragon buster) (Eh, this is one of those characters whose too sword-reliant and I can't imagine him punching and kicking.)
aladdin(from aladdin(pretty funny cause his name comes from the game)) (Read the character guidelines again)

@Omega: Yeah, it had to happen since keeping him short would seem strange compared to the other fighters.

@Teitan: I'll be honest, Thonolan is kind of begging to be included in this game. He's already got a wide arsenal of kicks and I could incorporate some of his magic as well. The other thing is I can't really include Bub anyways; he's too short and trying to resize him wouldn't be a good idea so I'm going to need someone else for Taito...

And yeah, I'm already considering Francesca/Doropie. She's probably the best character I can think of to represent Vic Tokai (other than Bang from Clash at Demonhead) and yeah, having another female character would be nice.

Progress has been slow lately, I'm currently working on Samus's basic attacks but there's nothing really interesting I can show off from that so um...have Samus waving at Dig Dug:

(yes her taunt is a reference to one of Metroid's endings)
BGC Forums
Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 04:11:58 am by KingPepe2010
#259  April 05, 2014, 04:12:05 am
    • USA
Showing off Samus's stage here a bit (Kraid's Hideout):
BGC Forums
#260  April 05, 2014, 04:35:45 am