YesNoOk

Famicom Fighters (Progress Thread) (Read 1019096 times)

Started by KingPepe2010, May 26, 2013, 09:08:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Famicom Fighters
#121  September 22, 2013, 02:44:27 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Can Luigi be a separate character? Some moves: Carpet Flight(SMB2), a pluck attack, his Brawl normals, and a Frog or Hammer Suit attack. His assits: Ice Climber(Even though they appear in one level), Pikachu, and Toad. To make up for the lost striker, Mario could use Dr. Mario.
#122  September 22, 2013, 09:31:01 am
  • too obsessed with NES stuff
    • USA
Sorry, I'm keeping Luigi as a helper for Mario.
Also, might as well show this off:
might as well put this forum about bootleg games here
BGC Forums
#123  September 22, 2013, 06:54:03 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Ken from Street Fighter 2010! Awesome! :woeh: :buttrox:
#124  September 22, 2013, 11:08:39 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Wait, the health bars changed again?
#125  October 14, 2013, 08:05:56 am
    • USA
 Yup, I've been planning on changing the lifebars because I've had complaints about the health being too hard to read. (Also I added bars for the helpers as well)

Anyways, I'm sorry that I haven't said anything in a while. Right now, progress for the game has been really slow and I'm still waiting on graphics from other people. I'm still looking for graphic artists that are willing to help me with the characters themselves. Like I've said, I can animate but I kind of struggle with it and I kind of prefer programming more. If I had someone that would be willing to help with animations and custom sprites, I could get updates out for this game much faster. Lately, I've felt like it's only been a one-man project and I really do need some help in the graphics department. If you do wish to help, please send me a PM.

Also I might as well show some progress:

Also we finally have a proper logo! (yeah I know the rest of the screen is empty):
BGC Forums
#126  October 14, 2013, 05:44:32 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Yup, I've been planning on changing the lifebars because I've had complaints about the health being too hard to read. (Also I added bars for the helpers as well)

Anyways, I'm sorry that I haven't said anything in a while. Right now, progress for the game has been really slow and I'm still waiting on graphics from other people. I'm still looking for graphic artists that are willing to help me with the characters themselves. Like I've said, I can animate but I kind of struggle with it and I kind of prefer programming more. If I had someone that would be willing to help with animations and custom sprites, I could get updates out for this game much faster. Lately, I've felt like it's only been a one-man project and I really do need some help in the graphics department. If you do wish to help, please send me a PM.

Also I might as well show some progress:

Also we finally have a proper logo! (yeah I know the rest of the screen is empty):

Wow, nice progress! But, who's that first guy with Simon? Megaman's feet look wrong in the second picture, too. For the logo, maybe you could add various stuff scrolling in the background.
#127  October 14, 2013, 06:42:56 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/

not bad,maybe the logo can be only in the dark,because most of bootleg games have a logo without more objects :P
nice process with the game...truly you are better than me (because I think that my bootleg wars are bad,no hypers no hummer team system... :-\)
anyway I wish you more good things what you can improve!
#128  October 14, 2013, 07:05:54 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Good progress overall, and I hope a good graphic artist can help you out soon cause i have this strange feeling about this project that could be stuck for a long time? :P
#129  October 14, 2013, 11:00:51 pm
  • ?
    • Canada
    • m_di_g@hotmail.com
Doraemariby
#130  October 15, 2013, 12:05:17 am
    • USA
@Doraemariby: In the first picture, that's Kid Dracula from Akumajo Special: Boku Dracula-kun. Not sure what you mean about the 2nd pic since Mega Man isn't in there. I might do something with scrolling in the menu, no idea yet.

@DuckSS Farm: I actually tried your game out and to be honest, it wasn't that bad. Thanks for the compliment though! :P

@Noside: I hope so too, I'm not giving up on this project but I don't want to have this be stuck on a hiatus constantly.

@Prototype God: I'll ask him when I get the chance.
BGC Forums
#131  October 15, 2013, 03:40:42 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Whoops, I meant first picture.
#132  October 18, 2013, 12:11:12 am
    • USA
Hmmm, I see what you mean. I'll fix it.
BGC Forums
#133  October 28, 2013, 12:17:11 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Can Jackie Chan from Jackie Chan: Action Kung Fu make it in? Or the Salaryman from that one Japanese game? BTW, I found this game as well:
Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 05:06:10 am by Doraemariby
#134  November 17, 2013, 10:29:07 am
  • i'm working on Mugen projects
    • France
Please put Kid Niki in as soon as possible. I love him so much. He is one of my favorite chars. I even has an icon for him that is based on Abobo's Big Adventure. I can send it by email if you want.

Posted: November 17, 2013, 10:32:11 am
By the way, nice logo and lifebars.

Posted: November 17, 2013, 10:34:33 am
By the way, Urban Champion should have fighting games' chars as helpers.

Posted: November 24, 2013, 04:27:52 pm
Can Jackie Chan from Jackie Chan: Action Kung Fu make it in? Or the Salaryman from that one Japanese game? BTW, I found this game as well: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7msFkuO0d0o[/youtube]

Nice game. Can you give me a link where i can download it?
my mugen projects, EVE mugen, Nintedo and Megaman (classic and X) Mugens, IMT projects, Sonic Mugens

Extremmefan : The Rainbow Peacekeeper, Nintendo's Biggest Fan and MUGEN/RPG projects maker
#135  December 08, 2013, 03:34:22 am
    • USA
<insert Gill Resurrection voice clip here>

Anyways, yeah I deeply apologize for no updates lately. I've been really busy and I haven't had much time to work on the game itself and I also apologize for the fact this update is taking too long to come out. (It is somewhat close to being done though!) In the mean time, I do have some pics to show off:

@Doraemariby:
I would suggest rereading the character guidelines again. However for the salaryman from Takeshi no Chousenjo (sp?), there is a small possibility I could turn him into a joke character.

@Extremmefan:
1. Problem with that is Nintendo only made like two fighting games, Urban Champion and Joy Mech Fight. Besides, I feel it would be better if Urban Champion had characters from Nintendo's early NES games since he's the closest thing to represent them.
2. On the lifebars, thank you even though they're from Zelda 2. The logo did come out pretty well.
3. Kid Niki is a maybe, I would have to combine stuff from all 3 games in order to get a decent move set for him. I don't need the icon though, thanks anyways.
BGC Forums
#136  December 10, 2013, 09:36:01 pm
  • i'm working on Mugen projects
    • France
@Extremmefan:
1. Problem with that is Nintendo only made like two fighting games, Urban Champion and Joy Mech Fight. Besides, I feel it would be better if Urban Champion had characters from Nintendo's early NES games since he's the closest thing to represent them.
2. On the lifebars, thank you even though they're from Zelda 2. The logo did come out pretty well.
3. Kid Niki is a maybe, I would have to combine stuff from all 3 games in order to get a decent move set for him. I don't need the icon though, thanks anyways.

1. I can understand that but... i mean other fighting games from OTHERS CREATORS, not only for Nintendo ! (they still need to be in the NES to work)
2. The lifebars and logo looks so good, i only wanted to say that. They come perfectly together.
3. I've played Kid Niki Radical Ninja (the one fighting with his sword) and i think that you can still use the sword as a projectile. I've also played Kid Niki 2, which gave him a lot of transformations (frog, eagle and elephant) and powers (slashing sword-like projectil and thunder shield), you can put them all as hyper finals.
my mugen projects, EVE mugen, Nintedo and Megaman (classic and X) Mugens, IMT projects, Sonic Mugens

Extremmefan : The Rainbow Peacekeeper, Nintendo's Biggest Fan and MUGEN/RPG projects maker
#137  December 11, 2013, 10:12:57 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
@Extremmefan:

1. I can understand that but... i mean other fighting games from OTHERS CREATORS, not only for Nintendo ! (they still need to be in the NES to work)
2. The lifebars and logo looks so good, i only wanted to say that. They come perfectly together.
1. Yeah, Nintendo wasn't the only one who did fighting games for the NES. Cony did fighting games, too. Their most popular work, by the way, is World Heroes 2.
2. Yeah, the lifebars are really fitting indeed.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#138  December 11, 2013, 02:26:38 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
@Extremmefan:

1. Yeah, Nintendo wasn't the only one who did fighting games for the NES. Cony did fighting games, too. Their most popular work, by the way, is World Heroes 2.
2. Yeah, the lifebars are really fitting indeed.

you forgot hummer team,rex soft,mega soft and super fighter 3 team
cony a.k.a old yoko have created best FC SF2 engine in year 1992,but hummer team have used that engine and made bunch of great fighting games ever.
also SF3 team have best sprites and engine than hummer team's one.
cony had bunch of bad games in their history,their engine have display flicker,bad controls and so on
rex soft and mega soft had bad games too,their engines have bad controls but great sprites...

so,maybe king pepe will create this game with 99.55% original characters and 0.55% bootlegs :P
anyway he desides about his work.
#139  December 11, 2013, 10:16:58 pm
    • USA
That's the problem. Yes, I do acknowledge there are other NES fighting games out there but with the helpers, I want to keep them within the same publisher(s) of the fighter since they're meant to represent that company. The only time I might take from more than one publisher is if the character had games under two or more publishers. (whether it would be different publishers in different countries or bootleg game re-releases that were most likely official). This does include bootlegs too. (EX: If I have the protagonist from P.O.W.: Prisoners of War as a character, he can't have Terry Bogard from Hummer Team's Fatal Fury Special NES port mainly because they're two separate publishers even though SNK was responsible for the original Fatal Fury Special)

BGC Forums
#140  December 11, 2013, 10:26:47 pm
    • USA
    • xjiggler@yahoo.com
So much nerdgasm. I'll throw some ideas out at another time, just waiting for download. GOD THIS IS AWESOME.

EDIT: Wait...is Captain N going to be the boss (or mid-boss)?