YesNoOk

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread (Read 829163 times)

Started by Erroratu, November 01, 2016, 08:51:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Thread
#2581  October 05, 2017, 07:05:50 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
That's too weird of Ryu retaining the DP motions while everyone is bound to Dx2 inputs.

My guess is, Ryu was the first fighter to ever have the F,D,DF mechanic, and because this motion now exists all throughout the fighting game universe - even Super Smash Bros. - Capcom decided to reserve this motion exclusively to him. I, myself, have never had any problems performing F,D,DF - maybe the reverse motion B,D,DB I've had issues with. But a D,D motion does have me wondering if it's to prove ownership of the motion while preventing the Shotoclone complex.

lui

#2582  October 05, 2017, 07:22:54 am
    • USA
while a lot of the info given is pretty safe bets, some of it does sound sketchy.

for starters, the game having half the budget of dlc? that sounds super sketchy as hell. liam has been known to be wrong before about his sources and I doubt some low-level employees know the *budget* of an entire game, let alone give that info out pretty easily. a lot of the models for the characters are also brand-new so I don't know why theyre saying "they touched up the textures and models a little bit."

its just a bit too far-fetched.
#2583  October 05, 2017, 09:07:39 am
    • USA
I doubt any of the models were actually recycled to such a an extreme. You'd get to a point where retouching an old model to work under a new environment and art style would end up needing more work than just creating one from scratch.

Heck, if anything them being completely new is why they suck so much to begin with.
#2584  October 05, 2017, 10:54:06 am
lol the models are new, you can see the higher poly count.

It's far more likely that they touched up the old sculpts to fit the new style. Leading to stuff like Morrigan's awkward giraffe neck, fixing that would result in them having to redo some of her rigging and animations.
#2585  October 07, 2017, 11:20:44 am
  • Was it something I said?
Just had my first person rage quit on me. Love the fact that the body freezes, but the coat (in this case, it was Dante who did the crime) actually still moves.
#2586  October 07, 2017, 11:22:54 am
Looking at the video, I've noticed that in the winpose at a certain point the character winning stops moving but the background still moves. :-\
#2587  October 09, 2017, 07:27:46 pm
  • Believe or not, I still visit the forum regularly
    • Brazil
    • https://bsky.app/profile/cyberwolfjv.bsky.social
someone here with the game could please do me a favor? Hit me in PM, I'm needing some (few) screenshots to make sprites based on them. Thanks ~
Video game enthusiast (strong Nintendo bias), collector, furry, Trans Woman, previously in the Reino do Cogumelo website (Super Mario Brasil), currently contributing to the NintendoBoy site; freelance content editor and producer and once known in the pixel art world.
#2588  October 16, 2017, 05:43:00 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:48:36 pm by Person Man
#2589  October 16, 2017, 06:01:07 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Hot Ryu with no beard.

Blasphemy.

Also WTF is Spencer even wearing? Why can't he get his classic or Rearmed or pretty much any other design people actually care about?
#2590  October 16, 2017, 06:02:36 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
Oh christ no not the bootleg Dante...also that Ghost Rider costume tho lol
#2591  October 16, 2017, 06:09:30 pm
Nice ones. Iron Man, Gladiator Cap, Strange, Ghost Rider, beat up Ryu... But Thor is just ugly.
30 bucks tho. Seriously.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2592  October 16, 2017, 06:10:04 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Im just happy this mean characters will have more than 1 alternate costume.
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2593  October 16, 2017, 06:23:16 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Also WTF is Spencer even wearing? Why can't he get his classic or Rearmed or pretty much any other design people actually care about?

It's Gottfried Groeder from Rearmed:

But agreed 100% that it should have been his Rearmed design instead.
#2594  October 16, 2017, 06:24:13 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#2595  October 16, 2017, 06:38:53 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
That Ultimate Firebrand!
#2596  October 16, 2017, 06:39:57 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I see the game is $60, the character season pass is $30 and the premium costumes pass is $30 smh. Why couldnt the costumes come within the season pass?
Im so glad i bought this for $40 although i still wish i could have bought it cheaper.
#2597  October 16, 2017, 06:46:22 pm
    • USA
    • thelivewire48@gmail.com
I see the game is $60, the character season pass is $30 and the premium costumes pass is $30 smh. Why couldnt the costumes come within the season pass?
Im so glad i bought this for $40 although i still wish i could have bought it cheaper.

They've never included costume packs with season passes, don't know why you're surprised
#2598  October 16, 2017, 07:14:45 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA

They've never included costume packs with season passes, don't know why you're surprised

Well technically they did include costumes along with the season pass but im not surprised they didnt include these with it. Its just this game, i really feel like it wasnt worth the price that they sold it for unlike other games they made that had way more better content. Im already expecting them to release another version of the game.

lui

#2599  October 16, 2017, 07:31:08 pm
    • USA
Actually if you buy the pass you actually save money if you plan on buying them individually. Yes you can buy then individually this time for 4 bucks a pop. The pass is for ALL of them and is cheaper than buying all separately.

You can also buy them in packs of three as well. Really this isn't uncommon at all and isnt bad.
#2600  October 16, 2017, 09:13:54 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
*Looking at Firebrand* ... Wow, even Ridley got into this.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.