YesNoOk

SSJ Goku Z2 (Updated 15/04/2013) (Read 72594 times)

Started by Cybaster, March 31, 2013, 01:31:17 am
Share this topic:
Re: SSJ Goku Z2 by Balthazar & Cybaster
#41  March 31, 2013, 01:47:26 pm
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Amazing work buddies. For me, Vegeta feels more fluid, but this is amazing.
#42  March 31, 2013, 03:13:09 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Is this an april fools joke?
Never mind. Happy birthday man and good job.
Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 03:17:11 pm by sonic54
#43  March 31, 2013, 03:14:12 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
...Try it and see for yourself?
#44  March 31, 2013, 03:17:26 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I feel good!
this character is F:::ing awesome !
#45  March 31, 2013, 03:18:12 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you like him. ^_^

- Justice Mode is described as Rage Mode in the readme. :P
^ And the config file. :P
Haha, will fix.

The only thing I'm not fond of is the rapid punches on hard punch. Just my own opinion, but I would have made it a rapid tap sort of thing rather than a single button tap.
May sound strange at first, but you'll get used to it. :P
And as said, it makes it one of the 2 very easy moves to teleport out of (with Blast Fist).

are you guys gonna release a English voice patch?
We want to do as for Vegeta, which is currently being updated. He'll have 3 voices in the future : official Japanese one, official English one, custom English one voiced by Rice Pirate (Mick Lauer).
In order to not push the release further, he only has a Japanese voice for now.

- There's a delay before the super pause of 'Justice Mode'
- During his teleport in intro and his back to kintoun intro, Goku is able to walk around before the round starts
- I don't really think this is a bad thing. Makes it slightly less safe than other activations on Z2 chars.
- Will check.

I find inputting the teleport attacks in justice mode while attacking, kinda chuggy compared to his teleport normal. Maybe it's just my keyboard.
It's probably your keyboard, as they're much easier to input than regular teleports.

1) But there is one thing that concerns me, you can basically spam his A,X throws. It's not a tick throw luckily, but unlike regular throws where there is a delay to do it again, for here you can keep on pressing to do the command again and again as fast as a light punch. If that makes any sense.

2) Other then that, it's solid. (although trying to raise the justice meter to level 3 is a pain for me, the character does not allow me to do more than 3 teleports in a combo, but maybe it's just me, and I just need to do more regular teleports before the attack teleports, I don't know.
1) I'll compare it with other characters from CVS and MVC and see how they're done.
2) You can't do more than 3 teleport attacks in a single combo. However, in justice mode, you can go up to 5 teleports (not teleport attacks) in a single combo. And the more you use teleports in a single combo, the more they give Justice bar.
For example, the 1st teleport will give you 200 JB (justice bar), the 2nd 250, the 3rd 300, the 4th 350, the 5th 400. Performing a combo using 5 teleports will give you 200+250+300+350+400=1500JB, while using teleport 5 times out of a combo will only give you 200*5=1000JB.
Conclusion : you need to master teleports during combos if you want to have access to the 3rd finisher. :P

#46  March 31, 2013, 03:49:58 pm
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Wonderful!!! another sure addition to my roster from Z2 team. Thanks for all your quality work.
And of course, happy birthday to Balthazar!!!
Looking forward to the updates of Goku, Vegeta and...Satan? please Satan?
#47  March 31, 2013, 04:17:34 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
And as said, it makes it one of the 2 very easy moves to teleport out of (with Blast Fist).
I honestly find it easier to combo the hard punch into his Ki Blasts and then teleport, it just feels better that way. Whatever, my strategy probably isn't for everybody. :P
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#48  March 31, 2013, 04:34:03 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
ok guys  we have another COTM and COTY for this year

downloading...
#49  March 31, 2013, 04:37:29 pm
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Hey Cybaster I found a small bug: When SSJ Goku is desintegrated after receiving a finisher chou kamehameha(only by another ssj son goku, not by normal goku) even after ssj is no longer on screen you can still hear the sound effect of the ssj transformation going off.
#50  March 31, 2013, 04:48:35 pm
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
This character is boss man, thanks for the hard work bros!

Getting used to the teleport move shouldn't take too long :haw:
#51  March 31, 2013, 04:53:53 pm
- If hit before the superpause (and transform animation) in Justice mode, he will have the mode already enabled, maybe it's better to activate it after the animation;
- I encountered a strange bug that I can't seem to repeat;
do you know when you hit the ground after being hit by a strong kick in the air (p1 and p2 in air), and there is the FX on ground? Well, once I shot some fireballs and that FX followed the blast, even when I taunt that FX followed the Kinton; again, I don't know how I did that. I'll report this better when I can.
- If there is a pause ,while you perform the taunt, the Kinton will go away but Goku will stay in the same pose for the rest of the animation, without the Kinton.

Kinton = Nimbus, if you had any problem.

Anyway, are you going to add the training mode again, like in GokuZ2?
#52  March 31, 2013, 05:13:53 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hey guys, thanks a lot for the positive feedback and bug / nitpick raports, we Cybaster'll be sure to fix stuff up :)
As for the Training Mode; we decided not to include it, as it would take Cybaster about at least 2 weeks to implement it, and according to him
it's amazingly boring to do. And to our knowledge, not a whole lot of people would play that mode anyway.
 :ssj: Keep rockin' on!
#53  March 31, 2013, 05:18:05 pm
    • dbdrummer7@gmail.com
Amazing job once again Team Z2, not only Cybalthazar, but Iced and, of course, Wizzy for the theme. This character is a definite keeper and already a favorite! ;D
#54  March 31, 2013, 05:44:56 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Happy birthday, and happy Easter to you all.

DL'ing now btw.
#55  March 31, 2013, 05:51:51 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
It's fantastic! But, I expected more, don't get me wrong, It's a wonderful char, but I could need some improvement, it lacks specials.
But It's COTY material

#56  March 31, 2013, 05:54:08 pm
  • so i herd taht mudkip howard is PREDICTABLE!
    • Chile
    • sf2zero.blogspot.com/
Happy birthday Balthazar!

Balthazar and Cybaster, you guys deserve a medal, this characters is incredible, awesome sprites and awesome codes. I've nothing more to say :)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
[Lifebar] SFZ4: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=119782.msg1180458
[Stages] SFII remakes and SF custom: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138549
#57  March 31, 2013, 06:00:56 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Thanks for the feedback guys. noting everything down to fix when I can. :)

It's a wonderful char, but I could need some improvement, it lacks specials.
It's true it has less specials than Vegeta and Goku, but he already has 3 regular specials and their EX version, and the teleport special which gives INFINITE possibilities in terms of combo. Provided you have enough meter, it's as if SSJ Goku was always in Custom Combo mode.
Plus, even as it is, he has more specials than 80% of Mugen characters, so ...
#58  March 31, 2013, 06:46:48 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Oh yes... Another fine and PERMANENT addition to my Mugen collection. Seriously, you guys just keep on getting better and better. Never stop your passion; Mugen needs your talents.

Thanks so much for sharing!! :lugoi2:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#59  March 31, 2013, 07:32:33 pm
  • Amature Spriter, Voice Pack Maker, Friend.
Just unbelievable, Thank you so much again, for such an awesome character, I can't wait to play him. :)

You have really outdone your self here and I have much respect for you with everything you have done.
I can't wait for further characters from you, (hopefully Future gohan Z2, to team up with Trunks Z2). :D

You're the best, Happy Birthday and have a Happy Easter.
#60  March 31, 2013, 07:54:10 pm
Thanks for the feedback guys. noting everything down to fix when I can. :)

It's a wonderful char, but I could need some improvement, it lacks specials.
It's true it has less specials than Vegeta and Goku, but he already has 3 regular specials and their EX version, and the teleport special which gives INFINITE possibilities in terms of combo. Provided you have enough meter, it's as if SSJ Goku was always in Custom Combo mode.
Plus, even as it is, he has more specials than 80% of Mugen characters, so ...

Trust me, Cy. Less is more in this case, no worries over here!