YesNoOk

New Touhou Fighter: Hopeless Masquerade (Read 59286 times)

Started by xaekin, October 05, 2012, 11:03:00 pm
Share this topic:
New Touhou Fighter: Hopeless Masquerade
#1  October 05, 2012, 11:03:00 pm
  • May as well have a bit of class.
    • USA
Was announced today, actually.
Not much info outside of three screenshots and a plot synopsis.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
There seems to be a more normal meter system this time, but the colored segments seem to be a poll of some sort. Not sure what's up with that, but then again, it's not like there's a lot of info at the moment.
The official site is http://www.tasofro.net/touhou135/
"I should probably call it a night. ...Sure, give me a sword and a throne and we'll make a big thing of it."
Re: New Touhou Fighter: Hopeless Masquerade
#2  October 05, 2012, 11:38:26 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Rough Translation from the SA TH General Thread said:
After repeated cataclysms, gripped by the terror of being helpless before them, the Human Village became pessimistic.

A dark atmosphere began to swirl around it. However, they did not despair. No matter what they did, they were used to being bound by an unchanging future that was all too close.

"Ain't it great!"

I wonder who was the first to utter that phrase; as all who heard that voice began to feel the same.
That's right, nothing changes so whatever happens is fine, right?
That's right, a more epheremal existence is just fine.
Gradually the Human Village released their inhibitions, while simultaneously discarding order.

There were those who saw the situation differently; the Religionists. They thought about the best way to grasp the people's hearts through the disorder. Naturally, in restoring order, they saw an opportunity in gaining faith.

The priest who built her temple in Gensokyo. The Daoist who cast off off worldly desires to aim for immortality, and the shrine maiden who aims for rehabilitation.

Now, with every weapon of your faith, scramble for popularity in this charming struggle!

So basically Reimu, Sanae, Byakuren and Miko all bitchslapping each other for favor with the human village.
#3  October 06, 2012, 01:16:02 am
    • sites.google.com/view/ariasoftheend/home
drastic change of look, but I kinda like they're not chibi anymore.
#4  October 06, 2012, 01:38:29 am
I don know I think im gonna miss the old chibi style still cool that their making a new fighter anyway
#5  October 06, 2012, 03:09:53 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
if theyre gonna move away from the randumb of soku and into the direction of iamp thatd be great, thanks
#6  October 06, 2012, 04:40:45 am
woah new design!

stages looks wider now too.

human village huh seems like they're going to add eintei crew. i wanna see fujiwara and kaguya in a fighting game.
#7  October 06, 2012, 11:11:27 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I really hope they add Byakuren as a fighter, and not someone else from Byakuren's temple. I also hope this time they really add Kaguya and Mokou. And that they keep all characters from previous games, if possible.
#8  October 06, 2012, 08:45:46 pm
So the story will involve the taoist , buddhists and whatever hakurei's religion is suppose to be (shinto?), and two atheists.

for the buddhists team i bet nue and byakkuren are in cause they're the most popular on their crew.

weather system is out , and the colored meter is some sort of faith o meter, dunno how it works.

Posted: November 06, 2012, 12:51:29 pm
BUMPING THIS TOPIC NEW FOOTAGE FOR THE GAME IS BEEN UPDATED. they've change how you use spell cards

the only downside on the new sprites are there's no more visible funny faces.
Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:52:52 pm by 地獄の花

Zeo

#9  November 06, 2012, 01:06:24 pm
  • A long time around.
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody actually looked funner. This looks more like some pseudo-gundam-air combat esque fighter. Doesn't appeal to me at all.
#10  November 06, 2012, 01:24:42 pm
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
Dragon Ball Z: SuperSonic Warriors - Touhou Edition
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#11  November 06, 2012, 02:12:43 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I love the music they used for the video. Seriously, I love it. The stage is really good too.

And as for the gameplay, I'm not sure if I like that it's even more about staying in the air. I hope it's not hard to get used to it. Though I wonder, is the Graze system still there? None of the characters have tried to graze the projectiles.
#12  November 06, 2012, 03:44:09 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I was trying my best to avoid this topic... until now

Scarlet Weather Rhapsody actually looked funner. This looks more like some pseudo-gundam-air combat esque fighter. Doesn't appeal to me at all.

And I thought the flight system in SWR and Hisoutensoku was pushing it, so Zun/Tasofro took down a whole bunch of mugen stuff to make way for this? What a crock of shit.
#13  November 06, 2012, 05:10:32 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Yeah I never took these seriously as fighters. This new one just reaffirms that line of thinking for me.

so Zun/Tasofro took down a whole bunch of mugen stuff to make way for this? What a crock of shit.
First time I've heard of this. Would anybody mind elaborating?
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#14  November 06, 2012, 05:21:24 pm
still they haven't said anything about those faith bars. what are they and how will you use spell cards without the deck to choose from.
#15  November 08, 2012, 02:13:53 pm
    • USA
Judging from the video:
  • You can see an OTG towards the end, with Marisa's combo. It looks like it's more a Touhou take on Astra Superstars, where you can "jump" down as well as up.
  • The three stars next to Marisa's gauge on the bottom were filled at points, so they are important. Can't say the same for Reimu's Yin-yang orbs.
  • The gauges themselves seem to be a spirit bar ala IaMP. It's a little different, but it's hard to tell how from a minute and a half video.
  • The spellcard is a cast from meter limited by health. Not sure on the mechanics relating to it, perhaps it's based partially on the popularity poll or whatever?

Okay, so it's not exactly an OTG if they're in the air. It's the same gameplay concept.
"I should probably call it a night. ...Sure, give me a sword and a throne and we'll make a big thing of it."
#16  December 20, 2012, 11:27:21 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada

The stage looks so tacky now with spectators :gonk:
#17  December 21, 2012, 12:54:13 am
looks good imo. i see the scarlet devil crew aren't gonna be playable here.
#18  December 21, 2012, 04:03:24 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
so basically this is astra superstars
#19  December 21, 2012, 06:46:55 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
so basically this is astra superstars
Fucking, this.  Honestly, it looks pretty boring to me.  I can't find myself getting into fighters were I'm avoiding projectiles like I'm in a shmup.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#20  December 21, 2012, 11:52:05 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
- Again, liking the music. Duh, it's ZUN who makes it, why wouldn't I like it?
- Winposes. FUCKING FINALLY.
- So for what I see, Graze system is still there. Though I still don't know how it works in this game.
- It seems that, when you're stunned, nothing can hit you for a while unless the opponent uses a spellcard to attack you, as it's shown with Reimu making Marisa eat a Musou Fuuin.
- Spectators in the background just sucks. It ruins such a beautiful stage... I hope you can make them go away.
- So the spellcard system is like in IaMP, aka first you declare the spellcard, then you can use it whenever you want (or until times runs out, though in this case it seems that the spellcard "state" disappears after using it). It's okay, I guess. Better than SWR IMO.

Also guys, I remind you that Ougon Musou Kyoku has that spectator system. How it works is that, if the character is fighting, it disappears from the background, but if it's not, you can see it in the background. So that means that the characters you can see as spectators may be able to join the fight, unless that system is not applied, but without confirmation... well, I can't say anything for sure.
Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:55:40 am by Nanashi_1337
#21  December 21, 2012, 01:01:26 pm
    • Philippines
    • rhon4short@gmail.com
Nice, i love those game
#22  December 23, 2012, 10:11:30 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
#23  December 30, 2012, 06:11:22 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Time to rev up your hype boners

#24  December 30, 2012, 06:21:07 am
  • This is... the LAST dance...
    • USA
Awww Jeez...  :stare:
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 07:16:18 am by Crimson Naga
#25  December 30, 2012, 07:59:25 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

It looks like a 2d version of Psychic Force with a few differences. 
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#26  December 30, 2012, 09:10:16 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Trial's been leaked already. I just tried it for a bit and there are three characters (Reimu, Marisa, and Ichirin w/ Unzan) and two stages (Hakurei Shrine and the Palanquin Ship). 360 controller support from the game is atrocious though :gonk:
#27  December 30, 2012, 03:04:02 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
What do you mean with "atrocious"? What problems did you find?
#28  December 30, 2012, 03:37:01 pm
ps3 loyalist i suppose.

ichirin and unzan seems fit to be in a fighting game. now the big question is nue playable? is it just me or this game have a snes fighting game feel to it.
Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:41:05 pm by 地獄の花
#29  December 30, 2012, 08:00:43 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
What do you mean with "atrocious"? What problems did you find?

The attack buttons are mapped to the d-pad on startup and even when you change the controls in the profile menu, you're still stuck with d-pad up and d-pad down as confirm/cancel respectively.

now the big question is nue playable?
#30  December 30, 2012, 10:46:11 pm
#31  December 30, 2012, 11:19:00 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
She's lucky she has Manly cloud with her or she wouldn't have been in the game.

Actually, ditch her and keep Unzan. Game becomes at least 30 times better that way.
#32  December 30, 2012, 11:32:18 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I'm not sure how I feel about this game right now. I haven't played it myself (computer probably wouldn't like it, and I heard that the game requires a lot of spec to play?), but I have seen some vids of it. Seeing a super easy 4k combo do almost half life (this with Marisa btw) is kinda just ridiculous if you ask me (sure, it's just a demo but my god lol). Reminds me of how the early days of SWR and Soku was (though doing 4k damage in those games is a lot harder than what it looks in this game right now. Maybe it's just me though).

I just don't know, I guess I'm too used to traditional fighters and SWR/Soku gameplay. Not really digging the whole flying around while fighting thing. But if anything, Ichirin has a boss remix for her theme now (and a nifty new outfit it seems). That Dream Battle remix is pretty nice too (and yay for at least some characters still being around in the background~). Though I truly wasn't expecting Ichirin. I dunno...I was expecting Byakuren first before Ichirin in this kind of game tbh.
#33  December 31, 2012, 04:12:01 am
    • USA
Grabbed the trial. It's been working great with my stick thus far.
Xenomic, combos are a lot easier in this game, but it doesn't really feel like it's all that much more result for effort. Spellcards are limited in a nice way (seriously, it's one of the few ways I'll accept revenge mechanics) and honestly it feels well put together.
though it glitched out and the background disappeared while I was adjusting controls for the stick

I'm honestly more hyped for the full game now. This demo is fun, and there's a decent chance I'll be playing it with a friend of mine sometime next year.
#34  December 31, 2012, 04:27:20 am
    • USA
Ok, so the highest combo I've seen (this chaining into a spellcard immediately after declaring it after stunning the opponent) was 5.6k damage. And that wasn't even a counterhit (the 4k one was a counterhit, I forgot to mention). So yeah, that's a bit insane (saw this on a video so there's that). Easier combos though...I dunno how I feel about that one bit either lol. Having too simplistic of a combo system seems blah, but having a super tight/a complex one (ala IaMP) seems blah too. Then again, I've never been a really big combo person in any fighting game (aside from SWR/Soku, but I know how to play those as opposed to IaMP), either doujin or commercial...

Though I will say, it was a good idea to go back to the IaMP styled spellcards I think (and limiting how it's used) as opposed to how SWR/Soku handled it I think. Feels more like an actual Super than anything. Though are they blockable at all I wonder? Or did Marisa's Master Spark gain the unblockable trait yet again like it was in IaMP? x_x;

I'd be surprised if Sanae wasn't in it, seeing as the game's bent on religion, and it'd be odd for her group to NOT be engaged in this (then again, Marisa is here and she has nothing to really do with any religion...so who knows!).
#35  December 31, 2012, 08:17:43 am
    • Puerto Rico
All right, I decided to look up the trials to see this myself. It definitely takes more inspiration from Astra Super Stars than DBZ Supersonic Warriors.
Also, you would think a game that allowed you to set up your moves would also have a training mode to let you test the moves you're using.

Time overs aren't won by life. They seem to be won by the percentage below the portraits.
A.k.a KOFXI Judgement system.

And I'm having a hard time deciding how I should react to what happens when you win the match by KO.
Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:26:04 am by Darkflare
#36  December 31, 2012, 03:29:12 pm
    • USA
Master Spark is unblockable, but it's piss easy to counter/avoid, so long as you're not trying to projectile spam from the other end of the screen, like a dumbass. You have to declare which spellcard you're going to use before you can use it, so it's easy to know when to get moving, and that's ignoring little things, like the very distinct startup time. I'm an idiot, no, it's blockable, but that isn't really any improvement. Her other spellcard is much more dangerous, really. It's blockable, sort of, but it does massive chip damage if it hits. Haven't actually managed to pull off a last word, shit's harder than it sounds.
I'm fairly certain Sanae will be in it, eventually. It's still just the demo version, it's not anywhere close to the complete cast.
Curious as to the video you were watching though, I'm interested in seeing how others actually play the game.

And I'm having a hard time deciding how I should react to what happens when you win the match by KO.
It's source accurate!

by the way, the icon for the game looks like some kind of turkey or oven mitt. I've got no bloody idea what it is.
Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:37:58 pm by xaekin
#37  December 31, 2012, 05:37:22 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Also, you would think a game that allowed you to set up your moves would also have a training mode to let you test the moves you're using.
F1-F5 are your keys for training. F1/F2 gives P1/P2 100% popularity. F3 toggles autoguard. F4 makes both players un-KOable and something else. I forget what F5 does.
#38  December 31, 2012, 07:20:21 pm
    • USA

Video that I saw the damage from. Apparently that combo + Master Spark does like 6.7k damage (but is really hard to do or something?).
#39  December 31, 2012, 07:58:42 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Considering that not doing these combos seem to risk getting the Time Over problem SFxT had, maybe that's a good thing.
#40  December 31, 2012, 08:32:34 pm
    • USA
What Time Over problem? I never played SFxT (skipped on that even though bud had it) so I don't know what you're talking about (unless it's something silly like that Megaman thing...).
#41  December 31, 2012, 08:38:54 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Matches in SFxT almost always end in Time Over in higher level play.
#42  December 31, 2012, 09:51:57 pm
    • USA
Ah, I gotcha. I've seen some of those matches (mostly because Rolento...), and it is pretty silly...
#43  January 01, 2013, 07:45:22 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnUyvgdSZ8[/youtube]

Video that I saw the damage from. Apparently that combo + Master Spark does like 6.7k damage (but is really hard to do or something?).

She's declaring the spellcard while the opponent is in stun state, when that isn't possible to do with Master Spark. Now we know which spellcard most people will use.

Also, if they go as far as creating intro and win poses, I really hope they add voices. Else... it just feels that it's missing, which I don't like.
#44  January 01, 2013, 07:49:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Honestly, it's also a more reliable spellcard to use raw as well.
#45  January 01, 2013, 07:54:30 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
^ Master Spark has less delay and seems to do more damage than Blazing Star, so as raw I think Master Spark is a better option. But then there's the problem of having to declare the spellcard, which breaks the pressure you're keeping and leaves you completely open to attack, so I highly doubt you want to do that. That's why Blazing Star seems so great, because you can declare it while the opponent is stunned, which means it's totally safe.

So people can see everything all the characters can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugSdmlaFaMo

In case you haven't realised, all characters seem to have specific gameplay. Ichirin has some sort of Rage system, that triggers once she receives a certain amount of damage, making her attacks do more damage. Marisa has a three-star system, that seems to turn her next move into some sort of EX move when it's filled, and it's filled when you perform certain moves. Reimu seems to be able to go through the borders of the stage and appear from one side to the other. That can be seen when she dive kicks in the video above, for example.
Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 08:12:29 pm by Nanashi_1337
#46  January 01, 2013, 08:33:57 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Blazing Star actually has start up invicibility.
#47  January 02, 2013, 03:17:08 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rnUyvgdSZ8[/youtube]

She's declaring the spellcard while the opponent is in stun state, when that isn't possible to do with Master Spark. Now we know which spellcard most people will use.

Also, if they go as far as creating intro and win poses, I really hope they add voices. Else... it just feels that it's missing, which I don't like.

don't worry some fans will surely add those.
#48  January 06, 2013, 04:07:58 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
So I got this video for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtsQc6lM2Zs

Tons of fights of Reimu vs Marisa. WIth Reimu's theme, which is awesome.

Also, one new gameplay thing that I've seen. The one that has more popularity when time runs out (that % number you can see) is the one that wins the match. Doesn't matter how much life you have. For KO, it works the same as any fighter.
Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 04:10:59 pm by Nanashi_1337
#49  January 09, 2013, 02:42:47 am
faith determines the winner.

god damn i just dl'd the demo it was pretty good imo. but my flying skill is a piece of shit. it's really hard to for me to maneuver almost everytime i end up being hit by those lasers. damn you marisa!!! i love ichirin and unzan's super MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAmUDADA!!! can't wait to see a mugen / non flyable version.
#50  January 09, 2013, 07:32:26 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
It's not faith, it's popularity. There's even a "Yes" and "No", marking how much people you managed to make them choose you.
#51  January 09, 2013, 08:52:50 am
found a glitch.

i did ichirin's throw a second before the timer runs out and the game just froze they just float in the air.

i hear alot or rumor that patchouli will be playable in this game...there are no official news yet until or before august,
Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:02:47 pm by 地獄の花
#52  April 13, 2013, 02:08:32 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
A new demo has been recently released!

New stuff said:
  • Netplay
  • Faith system implemented
    Shintoism - shooting range specialization.
    More bullets, better homing; lower capability to destroy other bullets, bullets have greater tendency to disappear after being grazed.

Taoism - shooting speed specialization.
    Better speed and penetration, greater grazing friction; worse homing.

Buddhism - close combat specialization.
    Larger bullet hitbox; significant lower range. "High speed attack" (arrow key + strong attack) can be comboed.
  • Same 3 characters, more skills
  • Chicken Guard: Press "attack" to defend (?), audience dislikes it.
  • Brave Guard: Press "back" when the attack is about to hit, audience likes it.
  • New stage: Human Village, Marisa's stage, BGM: Magus Night
    Human Village bystanders: Rinnosuke, Suika, Yuugi, Eirin, Tewi, Kaguya, Udonge, Mokou, Keine
#53  April 13, 2013, 07:27:59 pm
MOKOU! KAGUYA! GET YOUR LAZY ASSES OUT THERE AND GET INTO FIGHTING!!!
#54  April 14, 2013, 01:19:05 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I know it's been said already, but the stages would look even better if it wasn't for the people that appears in the stage. I really hope there's an option to make them disappear.

I really like this new Faith system, honestly. I tend to get close and keep pressure between bullets and physical attacks, so most likely I will probably use Buddhism
#55  April 14, 2013, 02:00:32 am
yeah i like the features on buddhism. and i really like what they've done to ichirin so far.

GOD DAMMIT SUIKA STOP SLACKING AND START SMASHING FACES!
#56  May 17, 2013, 05:46:36 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
#57  May 18, 2013, 02:03:46 am
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is she on the demo now? or am i going to wait for the 26th to come?
Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:18:23 am by 地獄の花
#58  May 18, 2013, 11:52:33 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
They're just presenting all characters that will appear on the full version. So yeah, you'll have to wait. It seems they will show each day a new character.
#59  May 18, 2013, 02:20:43 pm
i'm still not used on this floating thing. hard for me to maneuver.
#60  May 18, 2013, 06:03:54 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Futo just popped up too, so yeah, looks like they're gradually trickling out the entire roster over time.
#61  May 18, 2013, 06:58:07 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The other one that will obviously appear from the Taoism side is Miko. Honestly, I like all interpretations of Futo that have appeared (they turned her into some sort of moe character), so I'm really happy she's there.

Posted: May 18, 2013, 07:05:23 pm
Okay, found a translation for Futo:

So basically, like Alice, in which you can place dishes instead of dolls, but using them in a different way. Cool. Her Last Word is kind of cool, if it wasn't for the fact that pulling a Last Word in a battle is kind of impossible because of that 100% rating required.

And here's Byakuren:

So I was right, Byakuren's close range. Well, kinda obvious if her magic consists on strengthening her own body.
Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 07:14:53 pm by Nanashi_1337
#62  May 19, 2013, 03:55:12 am
time for some good old fashioned buddhist bitchslap.
#63  May 19, 2013, 05:06:05 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
New character revealed, Miko. Wow, what a surprise! (/sarcasm)

And here's the translation of her profile:

I'm not sure if I like Miko's gameplay. Unless you're dominating in a match, you don't get any advantage of her ability, and it's kind of hard to obtain such advantage when you start with weaker attacks. Though maybe the specials that increase popularity increases it for a good amount, in which case it may be unfair as if there's Time Over the one with most popularity wins, not the one with most health.

Also, some extras:

Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:16:25 pm by Nanashi_1337
#64  May 19, 2013, 05:29:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
hahaha, fuckers (@extras)
#65  May 19, 2013, 06:26:27 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
Hahaha, oh god, that cape makes Miko look silly even sillier.

Posted: May 20, 2013, 06:39:34 pm
Oh shit, bust out the cucumbers because we're now kicking ass with SCIENCE
Spoiler: RIP in peace roster space for sluts (click to see content)

Also I'm so sad we don't have as a smiley here :no:
#66  May 20, 2013, 08:57:15 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Unfortunately, no translation yet for Nitori, but here's some facts I gathered:

Abridged version of 'From Tasofro's blog'
Nitori is less affected by the 'Characters are gradually pulled to the center' mechanic, so it is easier to maintain height difference.
To make use of this property, her weak shots move in a parabola, and her strong shots shoot up and down, and she can't shoot directly in front of her.

She has a 999 battery count for her skills and shots.
While it lasts, spirit consumption is low. But when it runs out, attacks might weaken, become unusable, and/or use more spirit.

Wow with the fact that you're unable to shoot forwards in a straight line. That's going to be annoying to get used too. Also, her Last Word is a complete rip-off of Solid Snake Brawl move, the one that puts him in Third-Person Shooter and uses a grenade launcher against the enemies. Just see the image:

Last, it seems she's from the faction of "I hate religion and I want to have some fun too". Joins to oppose those from the religion side, and to have fun while doing so.

Btw, image in post above shows Kanako, Sanae and Suwako, so unless characters can fight regardless if they appear in the stage or not (aka OMK style, that makes them disappear from the stage when they're fighting), we can say goodbye to having those three from the Shinto faction as playable characters.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:02:19 pm by Nanashi_1337
#67  May 21, 2013, 10:40:17 am
nitori needs help how about mokou and kaguya? the more i stare at fuuto the more i see her as a kid...
Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:15:40 pm by 地獄の花
#68  May 21, 2013, 01:16:28 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I'm damn hyped for this Touhou.
So hyped, I even did this just for fun:

A Tasofro-styled Reimu in a pose based on her stance from Hopeless Masquerade, using 3 different poses of Reimu as a base.
I kept the perspective, the face and the feet as they are, since it's Tasofro-styled (and I'm not that good of a spriter).
I probably do Byakuren next, if we finally get a video showcase of our 4 post-demo announced characters.
Eitherway, as a Touhou fan, I just cannot wait until this game is released.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#69  May 21, 2013, 01:37:22 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
New character:

I was expecting Utsuho to go there as representative of the SA cast, but I'm fine with Koishi too.

No translation yet, as it has been released recently. Will post it as soon as it appears.
#70  May 21, 2013, 01:38:29 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
Now that was unexcepted...
===My discord servers===

#71  May 21, 2013, 01:57:31 pm
what? you mean expected? wow and recently i saw a fanart about byakuren and miko fighting over koishi.
#72  May 21, 2013, 04:18:00 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
The Imaginary Personality - Koishi Komeiji

She couldn't remember a thing.
Before she knew it, she had joined the crowd.
No one noticed her presence.
She lived her life day in and day out without any dreams or hopes.
But these unusual events caused her to throw down the gauntlet,
creating just a tiny change in her daily life.

Special Skill: Super Reflexes
When the command for heavy melee attacks, heavy projectile attacks and special moves are entered, the move is "set" and will activate will come out automatically when certain conditions are fulfilled such as enemy placement or passage of time. One of each of the three attacks can be set at a time, and an icon will indicate when a move is prepared.

Last Word: Brambly Rose Garden
Pulls the opponent into a storm of rose danmaku.
The roses are unblockable and the suction of the attack
will slowly draw them in.
If performed within a certain distance,
it will forcefully submerge enemies in a sea of roses.

Also...
By the way, Tasofro's Twitter account said she is the last (non-boss) character.
:flipout:
#73  May 21, 2013, 06:16:56 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
By the way, Tasofro's Twitter account said she is the last (non-boss) character.
Wait, 8 characters only?
No Sanae in a religion based game?
No Yuyuko and no one from SDM?
Or they'll have a whole lot of bosses...

Koishi was a nice surprise, though.
#74  May 22, 2013, 07:31:38 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
It is highly possible that one of the "yet to be revealed" characters is going to be Mamizou, as it seems some people managed to get her data from the demo. Or at least that's what I'm reading in shrinemaiden forums.
#75  May 22, 2013, 08:42:00 am
non-boss character? does he mean final boss or regular boss? are they going to add who? koakuma,daiyosei?
#76  May 22, 2013, 10:29:59 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Since no more non-boss characters are left, Mamizou is probably going to be a boss in the game. Not the final boss, probably. I sure hope beating her unlocks her as a normal playable character. As I said, it's highly possible she's in the game as data about her was found in the demo, but there's still the chance they removed her for whatever reason. If you want to know what they found in the demo, there it is:

To immediately ruin/kickstart the new thread, here's what is written in the winter demo:

bigname_01reimu
bigname_02marisa
bigname_03ichirin
bigname_04hijiri
bigname_05futo
bigname_06miko
bigname_07nitori
bigname_08koishi
bigname_09mamizou
bigname_10boss

There's also one artist Chabo on twitter, who animated a returning character, yet was surprised to see her not being revealed.

Also, here's the list of characters that have yet to be found in the background of any stage (if they have appeared, most likely they won't be playable characters):

Rumia - Daiyousei - Meiling - Koakuma - Flandre
Alice
Mystia
Yuuka
Hina - Momiji
Iku - Tenshi
Kisume - Yamame - Parsee
Hatate
Akyuu - Kosuzu - Kasen - Toyohime - Yorihime (and Reisen and Tokiko if you insist)

I sure hope either Kasen or Yuuka get some love here.
Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 10:38:53 am by Nanashi_1337
#77  May 22, 2013, 03:49:36 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

#78  May 22, 2013, 07:08:29 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Please don't put fake images here, specially since some people may believe this. That Utsuho has already been confirmed to be fake.
#79  May 22, 2013, 07:20:27 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
You're not my dad! >:(
#80  May 22, 2013, 07:26:12 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
minus the fake shot this is getting very interesting to see will be next......still surprised they didn't put Sanae in
#81  May 22, 2013, 08:05:10 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
I'm pretty sure I even said it was fake

Anyways, official news is no more roster leaks until release day. But given what we already know thanks to beta hackers, Mamizou and what appears to be a brand new character will be in there.

Inb4 Mamizou = Shang Tsung of Touhou. Goddamn Tanukis...

Posted: May 22, 2013, 08:17:46 pm
Okay I'm gonna go on a limb here and speculate who the 10th and final character of the game might be, assuming the rumors about Mamizou are true:

Mamizou's TD profile states the following:

She would end up causing trouble with the foxes of Gensokyo, but that's a story for another day.

We also know that the central focus of the game is a "war" between Shinto, Taoism, and Buddhism (and in Nitori's case, atheism).

We already have a "buddhist" character that predates Byakuren's arrival, as based on the following spellcard name:

Shikigami's Shot "Ultimate Buddhist"

#82  May 22, 2013, 08:19:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#83  May 22, 2013, 08:21:24 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
As is Shippo, but I'm positive that Inuyasha game is too obscure imo.
#84  May 22, 2013, 08:25:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#85  May 23, 2013, 01:07:45 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I am hoping it's Kasen, as I really want to know what is she. There's some hints that point out she may be an oni, but unfortunately Wild and Horned Hermit hasn't said anything yet.
#86  May 23, 2013, 09:22:12 am
she's just like sakuya, some say she's a lunarian. having a white hair like eirin. but i do think she's like seiga, human who got stronger, for a human there are several ways to become almost immortal in touhou, like for example by magic like marisa is trying to achieve no.2 defeat a shinigami like strong hermit like kasen,seiga and celestial beings do.
#87  May 23, 2013, 02:56:59 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
I am hoping it's Kasen, as I really want to know what is she. There's some hints that point out she may be an oni, but unfortunately Wild and Horned Hermit hasn't said anything yet.

Well she did mention about... 
#88  May 23, 2013, 04:06:21 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
she's just like sakuya, some say she's a lunarian. having a white hair like eirin. but i do think she's like seiga, human who got stronger, for a human there are several ways to become almost immortal in touhou, like for example by magic like marisa is trying to achieve no.2 defeat a shinigami like strong hermit like kasen,seiga and celestial beings do.

Why would someone think she's lunarian? There's no indication that she's one. Also, Seiga didn't become immortal by beating a shinigami, she became an immortal by following the Taoism. Defeating the shinigamis is something that happens after becoming immortal if they want to live longer, as they try to kill them so they don't live that long. Which is what happened with Futo, Miko and Seiga, though I wonder how Kasen became immortal, as she clearly doesn't follow the Taoism.

Also celestials don't have shinigamis going after them, unless I got it wrong.
#89  May 23, 2013, 04:31:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Also celestials don't have shinigamis going after them, unless I got it wrong.

According to Komachi, they go after them on a regular basis. In fact, its even stated in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody that it wasn't the first time Tenshi and Komachi have met.
#90  May 23, 2013, 10:36:55 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Oh, then I take that part back.

Posted: May 23, 2013, 10:49:26 pm
The truth has been revealed. It was in front of us, yet we refused to see it! Here's the final boss!

Loco Nachoz was right! How could we not see it, it was obvious from the very beginning! We were just missing one thing (or rather, another character).
Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 10:50:06 pm by Nanashi_1337
#91  May 24, 2013, 11:35:32 am
only 2 more days to go. seems to me like it's orin. or mokou's baggy pants.

Posted: May 25, 2013, 02:19:33 pm
one more day...one more day.
#92  May 26, 2013, 11:07:28 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Just to say, game is out, and there's downloads available, though obviously I won't post them here. As it was confirmed, Mamizou is a mid-boss, and the final boss is a new character. Everything is at shrinemaiden, I'm too lazy to post it so someone should go ahead and do it. Btw, there's a day 0 patch available, so be sure to download it.

I missed all streams of this game :(

Posted: May 26, 2013, 11:23:27 am
The second thing I was waiting from the game, apart from the game itself. THE OST!!!

Byakuren's Theme
Miko's Theme

I love their themes. God, I hope someone puts Mamizou's theme soon.
Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 12:19:48 pm by Nanashi_1337
#93  May 27, 2013, 02:24:36 am
nah i paid extra someone bought it for me and she's going to ship it along with my new xbox. damn xbox is pretty damn cheap in japan. i just have to wait for 3 or 4 days, any combo videos? does byakuren wears a sakat in the game?
Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 02:57:12 am by 地獄の花
#94  May 27, 2013, 09:28:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
If you tell me what a sakat is, I will tell you if it's there. Yeah, I have the game. Btw, Koishi is so overpowered that she can crash the game with some of her spellcards LOL. Current patch doesn't solve this, so have to wait until it works. Just make sure you don't use some of her specials and it shouldn't crash.

Anyway, I played Byakuren enough to describe her, so here goes. Byakuren is a close combat character. She has nothing except a really weak projectile that goes in a straight line for long distance attacks. You want her close to the opponent, and stay that way. Her scroll casting isn't really annoying, it has a fast startup so you can even do 2 of them after knocking the opponent before he stands up. Unfortunately, she also misses some options for corner pressure, unless I still haven't discovered some. She does tremendous damage in a lot of moves, however, so if you hit someone with her specials or supers they're going to see how their health bar decreases insanely fast. Her counter super is broken, you could fill all your spell card zone with this and you would have a good setup, as it counters everything with a huge laser, and the counter lasts a long time once used. Her Last Word is easy to connect, so if you manage to get it, most likely the opponent will stay on the defensive, as its startup is insanely fast and has invincibility frames.

I'm trying to check her in all modes (Buddhism, Taoism and Shintoism). I already noticed some differences. In one of the modes, a special that makes her summon a vertical thunder creates a ball each time it is chanted (chanting means recharging the spell so you can use it). When used three times, the three balls will grow big and stay around Byakuren, hitting several times if the opponent is close enough until it vanishes, making it a good option for corner pressure and making this move useful, as its startup is so big that it makes it worthless. Don't know which mode causes this, though. There's another mode that makes the special kick make her appear below or above the opponent before kicking (don't know which mode is below and which is above yet). The below option is great as DP and it's easier to connect than the above, but neither option lets them ignore projectiles, and since the majority tend to cover the below area more it depends a little on what you want. So far, you can combo after connecting the above version, but I haven't been able to do that with the below version.

Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:33:11 am by Nanashi_1337
#95  May 27, 2013, 11:35:18 am
byakuren's hat. does she wears that in-game? imo her hair is the most beautiful hair in touhou, i don't want her wearing a hat.

cool i got a call from my friend and she said her colleague got a copy of the game and they'll send it to me tomorrow. knowing her i bet they bought only one copy and they've already copied it. but it's a game worth getting con.

gonna ask if there's any free items along with the game?
Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:42:40 am by 地獄の花
#96  May 27, 2013, 11:36:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
byakuren's hat. does she wears that in-game? imo her hair is the most beautiful hair in touhou, i don't want her wearing a hat.

She has it in her opening animation, but stops wearing it while fighting, so don't worry about that.

Also, just so you know, this is the move that makes Koishi crash the game when used. Just go to profile and make sure you take it out from your Spell card selection if you don't want her to crash your game when you use it.

#97  May 27, 2013, 11:59:28 am
    • Hungary
Anyone knows where the difficulty option is? I played through the story mode once but the AI didn't even try to block or attack most of the time. I might have played ultra-easy or something.
#98  May 27, 2013, 12:02:58 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
When you select the character in Story Mode, first you can select which deck you want to use by pressing left or right. After that, another option will appear that allows you to set difficulty by pressing left and right (you should see a little COM appear). Consider the starting position as Easy, and if you go right you find Normal, Hard and Lunatic (not sure, but test it yourself). I highly suggest you set you change your deck before attempting Hard or Lunatic in the Profile menu.

This is the menu, Easy Option:

Posted: May 27, 2013, 12:39:20 pm
If you're interested in the plot, here it is:

Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:41:06 pm by Nanashi_1337
#99  May 27, 2013, 08:09:21 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Now for more characters:

- It's official, I hate Nitori. You run out of bullets too fast if you use her specials and her not-straight bullets are a pain to use since I can hardly hit anything with her. I probably suck so much when using her that it makes me angry, but seriously, I'm not having fun using her. I'm not sure if they tried to do something similar to Aigis in Persona 4 Arena, but if they did they forgot that unlike that game you can graze the bullets all the time, making all projectile attacks worthless. Honestly, best tactic against Nitori players is to force them to waste bullets then attack them.

- Koishi, though, is insanely fun to use even though it's hard to master because her specials come out when they want (either when some time pass or when the opponent is at range), which may screw you since it interrupts your dodge, but the fact that the opponent has a harder time reading you since the attack can come at any time (human player only) and the fact that she does quite a lot of damage if you properly combo her specials makes her a really nice choice to use. Minus the card that crashes the game.

- Also, Mamizou is the same, I'm having a lot of fun while using her. Apparently, if any of the tanuki she summons (they appear as different things, but they're tanukis) is hit by something, you lose a leaf, and losing four disables tanuki summons for some time. Apart from that trait, I really like how she plays. The boss battle against that marsh of youkai, however, is a pain to dodge. You're going to hate it, honestly.

- Apart from that, we have the rest of the cast. Reimu is balanced, better for long distance, and I sure love that barrier she can set on the field, which has plenty of uses. She can also switch from one side of the field to the other instantly, making it impossible to trap her in the corner.

- Marisa has some nice damnaku spells, but you're also going to stick with close combat too, specially with the range of her broom. That "EX after 3 specials" effect is awesome, any Marisa player should keep track of that. Apart from that, her "U+y" attack is dreadful, it has so much range that a lot of people are going to rage each time they see a Marisa player going down, as they probably are going to eat that attack.

- Ichirin is insane with some of her attacks. Use Unzan to make it use the laser, and while it does that you can go and force the opponent to eat that laser or block it. Her goddam "Down Punch" with Unzan is fast and hits really hard, and in a counter it allows for easy follow-up combo. Really, you're going to see that "Down Punch" a lot, so be careful if you're at close to mid distance against an Ichirin player.

- Miko is funny, simple as that. I don't know what happened to her after Ten Desires, but boy she went nuts. There's a skill that allows her to gain popularity after some time, but if you're hit when not blocking the popularity goes to the opponent, so honestly it's not a good option to use since it's easy that a stray bullet hits you. She has a special that summons a circle that I really like for pressure, and she has a special that summons three blades below her which have insane range. If she has the crowd completely red, a lot of her moves get powered by a lot, but have fun getting that amount of popularity in a match.

- Futo's plates are really hard to aim, specially the "b/c" version, which aim a little below her position, so unless the opponent is a little below you they're going to miss. However, the amount of things you can do with the plates is insane, and with a good placement you can really take half your opponent's lifebar. There's a fireball that moves to any plate that is active before going after the opponent, and if the opponent is in the middle of its trajectory it's going to eat that fireball a lot of times. There's also an arrow that first hits the plate then bounces and tries to hit where the opponent was when the plate was hit. I also suggest to break some, since some of her attacks will upgrade that way. For example, the arrow will split in several arrows when it hits the plate if upgraded.

Here's what I think about the characters. I honestly encourage you to unlock Mamizou and use Koishi. I'm sticking with Byakuren as main and Koishi as sub. Now to see which mode is best for each of them.

Posted: May 27, 2013, 08:32:28 pm
But who cares about an explanation, videos are better:

Mamizou Gameplay:
#100  May 27, 2013, 08:57:05 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
Wow, Mamizou's looks rather dynamic.
It's really hard for to notice, what's going on.
Whatever, just downloaded that game and already mained Byakuren:

This time, I actually put more work into that then in Reimu's stance, though I still just edited one existing sprites.
But this time, I made that a full animation (not shown). Still not 100% satisfied with the results, though.
===My discord servers===

#101  May 28, 2013, 08:43:40 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Something seems unusual here....
#102  May 28, 2013, 08:51:39 pm
  • SNK is life
her boobs are made of paper, and they fly with the air streams.
#103  May 28, 2013, 08:54:05 pm
    • USA
Why do certain parts of her hair turn dark during some frames and then go back to normal? As if there was a cut-off line.
#104  May 28, 2013, 09:17:32 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#105  May 28, 2013, 09:46:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
What? No Yukari?

Komachi's sprites didn't have jiggle physics, silly.
#106  May 28, 2013, 10:10:12 pm
  • Unmatched beauty
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shunt666
#107  May 29, 2013, 01:12:18 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
So we have these beautiful sprite rips here...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/byakuren.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/futo.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/mamizou.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/miko.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/koishi.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/nitori.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/ichirin.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/kokoro.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/marisa.7z
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62600417/reimu.7z

I can't open them with 7z, for some reason, but I can open them with WinRar. If someone wants to put them in Development Resources, feel free to do so. I'm going to sleep right now.

Taking into account that Kokoro is missing special, spellcards and Last Word, most likely it will be updated when they add them.
#108  May 29, 2013, 02:57:00 am
#109  May 30, 2013, 06:53:49 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
1.02 patch out. Looks like they finally fixed the Koishi crashing bug.
#110  May 31, 2013, 01:44:21 am
ok i just got the game and damn byakuren is a beast! she's like tenshi in many ways.

Posted: May 31, 2013, 09:54:22 am
kokoro is cute even her dialogue is adorable, and i really like mamizou's new look.
#111  May 31, 2013, 01:42:47 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The AI in Lunatic is boring. I always wondered myself why the game didn't crash when I fought against Koishi before the patch. And now I realize why, it's because it doesn't use specials nor supers, in any difficulty. Just its normal attacks and projectiles. WTF seriously. I hope this changes in the future. Online lags on me a lot, specially when someone declares a spellcard, so until I manage to find a way to improve my connection I have to stick in VS mode.
#112  May 31, 2013, 03:08:27 pm
    • Hungary
The AI in Lunatic is boring. I always wondered myself why the game didn't crash when I fought against Koishi before the patch. And now I realize why, it's because it doesn't use specials nor supers, in any difficulty. Just its normal attacks and projectiles. WTF seriously. I hope this changes in the future. Online lags on me a lot, specially when someone declares a spellcard, so until I manage to find a way to improve my connection I have to stick in VS mode.
So it wasn't just the difficulty setting why the AI felt like it was not doing anything...
I think I'll wait for the English patch before I spend more time on this.
#113  May 31, 2013, 04:49:48 pm
man nitori is hard to use.

Posted: June 02, 2013, 01:56:38 pm
does the new patch fixes the mamizou final word crash? or is it just koishi's?
#114  October 14, 2013, 04:18:21 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So patch 1.30 got released, pretty much everyone except Kokoro got new skillcards and spellcards:

Spoiler: General Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Byakuren Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Koishi Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Miko Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Futo Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Reimu Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Kokoro Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Marisa Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Ichirin Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Nitori Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: Mamizou Changes (click to see content)
#115  October 14, 2013, 08:05:16 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Wow, debuffs all over the place. I haven't played it that much, and mostly with Byakuren, but were they really that needed?
#116  October 14, 2013, 08:21:28 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
#117  October 14, 2013, 08:25:50 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Am I the only one experiencing constant reloading when I'm in Youtube? I'm unable to watch any video you posted.

Posted: October 14, 2013, 08:39:12 pm
Nvm, cleared caches and cookies and it stopped acting weird. And yeah, Koishi has been nuts since day one, and still is.

Also, WTF is the new spellcard Futo has? Did it just drop UFOs on that Marisa player LOL?
Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:40:26 pm by Nanashi_1337
#118  October 29, 2013, 07:27:28 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Patch 1.31 released. Futo's double UFO glitch has been fixed, and Koishi can no longer perform infinites with her new skillcard.
#119  October 29, 2013, 11:36:03 pm
damn byakuren's chop reminds me of takuma's neomax.
#120  October 30, 2013, 09:14:16 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Patch 1.31 released. Futo's double UFO glitch has been fixed, and Koishi can no longer perform infinites with her new skillcard.

Ooooh, I found that double UFO spellcard to be really funny. Oh well, it was really cheap so yeah, it had to be removed.
#121  January 06, 2014, 04:02:05 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Patch 1.33 (wait, I missed patch 1.32?) was released x-mas day it seems, so listing 1.32 changes for now as those are the only translations available:

Patch 1.32 changes

Spoiler: 1.32 System Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Item Card changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Reimu changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Marisa Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Ichirin changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Byakuren changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Futo Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Miko Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Nitori Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Koishi Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Mamizou Changes (click to see content)

Spoiler: 1.32 Kokoro Changes (click to see content)

#122  May 03, 2015, 01:20:25 pm
NEW CHARACTER FUJIWARA NO MOUKOU, IBARAKI KASEN and LOLI in a BOWL..

#123  May 12, 2015, 07:30:16 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
You may want to start a new thread since this is a completely different game.

I'm so glad they put Byakuren again, it was my main in Hopeless Masquerade and I was worried they wouldn't add her. And I see that finally they managed to put Mokou in the game. ZUN always said he had a hard time putting her because she would feel unbalanced with her inmortality but I guess the new fighting series allowed that. Sukuna appearance surprises me, I would have expected Seija to appear since she's the most likely to start problems, but I guess she already appeared enough in those spin-off games. I wouldn't have minded hearing a remix version of Seija's Boss BGM though, it's so epic.
#124  May 12, 2015, 07:32:14 am
just change the topic title touhou fighting game. there not much of difference from 13.5.
#125  May 12, 2015, 11:35:48 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
There is difference, and quite a lot. The faith system has been dropped, the card system has been changed and moves work in a different way. There's also a new mechanic involving spheres that affect what happens in the stage, like reducing the horizontal size of the stage gradually or temporally depleting the life of both fighters. The only thing that is similar is how you move around the stage.

I don't know if they have made any new changes from the demo, but that amount of changes is enough to justify a new thread.

---

Also, he forgot to mention, but the game's currently out. Go to Moriya Shrine to download it. There's also the TH15 demo there.
Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:42:28 am by Nanashi_1337
#126  May 12, 2015, 12:43:19 pm
i already got it.