YesNoOk

Kof 2003 Portrait project (Read 1205092 times)

Started by Melcore, March 11, 2014, 09:11:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kof 2003 Portrait project
#81  September 29, 2015, 02:42:49 am
  • Democracy is non-negotiable.
  • coding nearly done, supers and AI left.
    • USA
    • www.patreon.com/melcore?fan_landing=true&view_as=public
..Vega looks menacing here....Sagat too but the shading looks better in the first one.....you will use the new or keep the first one?...

Anyone can use ether one, I'll post the other one as an alternate.  at least for my works, there is no credit needed but it would be appreciated, to be honest i'll just be glad to see this stuff used.
#82  September 29, 2015, 04:49:39 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Hey Melcore, can I request a redo on Mr. Big? Maybe using the sunglasses K as a base. Looks a little more menacing from that angle.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#83  September 29, 2015, 06:43:09 am
    • USA
yeah i was looking at redoing him anyway, I always thought he was black for some reason but I think he is from Australia... so yeah, i was going to at least change his skin tone.

but yeah, I see if i can make him better when I get home tonight, thanks for the feedback.
#84  September 30, 2015, 04:27:56 am
    • USA

updated Mr. Big, added Andy and a Terry with his hat, I could really use some feed back on Terry... also updated the palette on the Sagat, you were right Jessy, this one is better, i didn't revert back to the original colors cause they just did not blend well in my opinion, but anyone is welcome to use what they want.

Edit: after posting i saw that his head was not shaped right so

second edit: updated Reiji's chest
Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:40:46 am by Melcore
#85  September 30, 2015, 06:35:25 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I feel that Terry's cap is way too round at the back. If anything, it should be shaped slightly more square like. The visor part of the cap could also cover a bit more of his head, to the point where his eyes would be seen right under it, and his face would be more overshadowed by the cap. As for the hair, I'm not so sure, but something feels off about it-- it might be the hair hanging on the side of his head, but I can't tell for certain. Here are some reference pictures, either way:

Shit
#86  September 30, 2015, 11:12:58 pm
    • USA
Thanks for the incite, the info you provide is always useful. :)
I pretty much scrapped the one I have up there and completely redid the hat, thanks for the references too.
he's in the works, although I have been having issues making a version where his hat is almost covering his eyes like in the second picture of the first four small portraits you posted, so I'm going with a more facially visible approach using his normal 2003 portrait as a base (because its him already) but still using the clothes that are in the one that I posted. 
He's not done but I do have more confidence in the one that I am currently editing.

how do you feel about Mr. Big, Andy or the Bonne I made a few posts back?
#87  October 01, 2015, 01:14:02 am
  • Shit
Mr. Big seems to be pretty accurate to both the design and the art style. The only problem I have with B. Jenet is the hair that is on the far right on the picture, given that it seems weird for two strands of hair to hang like that. I did a little edit to it in an attempt to fix it:

Shit
#88  October 01, 2015, 01:15:04 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Hey Melcore. The Mr. Big looks a lot better. Also wanted to suggest that Silver's portrait might need some tweaking as well. His neck feels too long and the fur from his gi may need to come up a bit more to his face. Great work with the others. :)
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#89  October 01, 2015, 01:33:40 am
    • USA
thank you both for the feedback, I'll work on both when I get back home from work,

silver does need a bit of changes made, I never was comfortable with his neck being that long ether but didn't feel skilled enough at the time to do anything about it, his hair is also a mess as MotorRoach explained before in a previous post, which made me really want to revisit Silver again and fix it like I did with Akuma's hair, that little bit of detail made him look so much better.

thanks again guys, I'm learning so much.   :)
#90  October 01, 2015, 04:17:30 am
    • USA
#91  October 01, 2015, 05:39:40 am
  • Shit
I already like what I'm seeing so far. I only think that his jackets would cover a bit more of his shoulders than that, though.

Shit
#92  October 01, 2015, 06:09:14 am
    • USA
Thanks, I worked really hard on the hat, instead of using an existing one like in the first post, I just made my own, I think I'm going to just start trusting myself and just make the stuff myself completely.
Also I am in agreement  with your jacket suggestion, will work on when i get home, as of right now, I'm trying my hand at Silver's repair, probably will post him an an hour or two for feedback and suggestions.
thanks for the help.
#93  October 01, 2015, 09:12:00 pm
    • USA
still a work in progress but he's coming along. struggling with his coat fluff/fur? or what ever it is... any tips would be helpful.

still working on Terry too.

Edit:
Terry update, its like night and day when you compare them
Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:39:42 pm by Melcore
#94  October 02, 2015, 12:53:56 am
  • Shit
More like comparing life and death, because the improvement in that Terry portrait is massive. You did a great job with it.

As for Silver, I feel that the coat fur in the far right could use some more brightening to stay consistent. Not sure what else to do about it.

Shit
#95  October 02, 2015, 10:28:29 am
    • USA
Alright, I think Terry is complete, with no further objections I will add him to the set on the first page when I get back home from work.

Thanks for the eye opening guidance MotorRoach  :thumbsup:

I think I finished Silver and there are two alternates you can use

oldnew

Edit: I updated the first page as well, change the Bonne out for one with the hair fix too.
Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:12:57 pm by Melcore
#96  October 03, 2015, 12:27:23 am
  • Shit
I often feel bad for posting on threads without having anything to add, although I can't help but to tell you how great each portrait is. The improvement on Silver is so massive, you've certainly did his detailing overall some justice.

Shit
#97  October 03, 2015, 01:25:20 am
    • maximoff.alreadyread.net
Well, this thread with other things is giving me motivation to revisit and old project.  And here are a couple of more for you that I edited from the others (although I'm still working on some basic frankenspriting techniques).

Based on KOF 2000 strikers Cool Choi, Smart Chang, and Unknown.  I need to resize Choi about 75% though, to match the other pictures.
#98  October 03, 2015, 01:30:58 am
  • Shit
I think everything about Unknown is meant to be more shaded, not just his face.

Shit
#99  October 03, 2015, 01:58:43 am
    • USA
Thanks MotorRoach, I'll welcome any encouragement I can get.

ya know, cool choi and smart chang looked like really cool character designs I my opinion, wish they had been made into full characters.

You're off to a decent start, good luck with the franken spriting, it helped me learn a ton about the art style
Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:13:40 am by Melcore
#100  October 04, 2015, 06:09:11 am
    • USA
Say your prayers!

I will change the post when I get home to display the pic right and add him to the list of completed portraits, unless you guys see something I don't or something that needs a little work.
Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:52:57 am by Melcore