YesNoOk

Lie Meiling editted from RicePigeon's Lie Meiling (Read 16546 times)

Started by Darkflare, October 08, 2011, 07:04:30 am
Share this topic:
Re: Lie Meiling editted from RicePigeon's Lie Meiling
#21  January 11, 2013, 05:57:48 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Another update mostly to deal with issues that bugged me and probably you too. I had it ready a few days ago but I got lazy and I wanted to see if something else came up.

Changes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#22  January 11, 2013, 05:41:36 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I probably should have asked this sooner, but was there a reason why her purple aura was removed? Given it was only aesthetic, but she looks more like a palette-swapped Meiling than she did before.
#23  January 11, 2013, 08:27:44 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Because I thought it didn't look that good and preffered to have her without the aura.

Besides Mortal Kombat got away with pallete swaps.
#24  January 11, 2013, 09:20:04 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Okay, so.
-First of all, damn it man why didn't you give a trigger to the VictoryQuote SCTRL in Statedef 180.
- TRIAL OF THE DRAGON is really...um...honestly, useless. It's too slow as an anti air, and it just doesn't flow with the rest of the movelist, IMO.
- Also, her normals lack priority. Not Hitdef priority, I mean CLSN priority. Blue should never, ever overlap all of the red on an attack unless you want it to have garbage priority.
- F+X can be considered an infinite on chars that don't tech. Not really a big issue, but it sorta smells of poor design in that regard.
- She lacks a reliable anti air, QCF+Y and QCF+Z won't cut that, either, considering fall velocities as well as air recovery.
- No super sparks? That looks kinda weird, honestly.
- Shun Goku Satsu can be combo'd into. Please god no.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#25  January 11, 2013, 10:24:14 pm
    • Puerto Rico
About time I got some useful feedback.

Okay, so.
-First of all, damn it man why didn't you give a trigger to the VictoryQuote SCTRL in Statedef 180.
Must have slipped my mind. I'll check and add it
- TRIAL OF THE DRAGON is really...um...honestly, useless. It's too slow as an anti air, and it just doesn't flow with the rest of the movelist, IMO.
I had intended to make this a high risk-high reward move, but seems it's too much risk and no reward. I'll make it come out faster and reduce the damage to compensate.
- Also, her normals lack priority. Not Hitdef priority, I mean CLSN priority. Blue should never, ever overlap all of the red on an attack unless you want it to have garbage priority.
Noted, I'll adjust the CLSN. Though, that's mostly Rice's fault since I didn't touch the CLSN on the normals she already had.
- F+X can be considered an infinite on chars that don't tech. Not really a big issue, but it sorta smells of poor design in that regard.
It's kind of an iffy issue to tackle since the standard is for characters to be able to tech and air guard. A lot of moves can be considered broken when you can't do either of those things. This is more of an issue of mechanics clashing and unless anyone can convince everyone to make all characters tech and air guard it's a problem that won't be resolved.
- She lacks a reliable anti air, QCF+Y and QCF+Z won't cut that, either, considering fall velocities as well as air recovery.
Yea, it's something I noticed which I tried to resolve with F+x but I guess that isn't work out to well.
- No super sparks? That looks kinda weird, honestly.
Tell you the truth, I never payed much attention to supersparks. I could probably add the ones Rice's other touhou characters use, but it's not going to be high on my priority list for now.
- Shun Goku Satsu can be combo'd into. Please god no.
That's not supposed to happen. What are you comboing it from? Is the opponent still in hitstun? If she can grab in the frame where the enemy is just out of hitstun then...well.....Akuma himself could actually do that in some games.

Edit: Crap, I just found out she's giving debug flood. I'll be trying to find out what's causing this and fix it.
Edit 2:  Debug flood is caused by what I'm using for character specific win quotes. Going to see if I can fix it or omit it altogether until I find a better way.
Edit 3: For the time being, please DL and apply this patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?vqw755b5140b5z6
It adds the trigger to get Lie to work, fixes the debug issue and adds a superspark to her supers(Turns out all I had to do was change a few things to get it working).
I'll update the main archive once I finish the remaining issues.
Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 11:18:03 pm by Darkflare
#26  January 12, 2013, 10:40:10 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
By comboing into SGS, yes the enemy is still in hitstun. Also one more thing of note
- Her normals cross up weird, as in she turns to face the enemy if she jumps behind them and does a normal.

#27  January 12, 2013, 06:24:59 pm
    • Puerto Rico
The SGS thing is odd since I checked and it even has the hitdef set up to not hit anything in hitstun. I'm going to keep looking at it and see if I find what it is.

Could you explain the turning more? Is she turning in the air? I'll look at it myself later, but it helps to know exactly what I should look for.
#28  January 12, 2013, 07:34:12 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
She turns when she does a normal in the air behind an opponent. I call it the easy autocrossup curse. If you want her to have crossups, it's best achieved through longer clsn on attacks so they can hit far enough behind to work.

#29  January 12, 2013, 08:01:35 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I'll take a look at it and see if I can do anything about it.
Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 08:03:58 pm by Darkflare
#30  January 13, 2013, 08:04:12 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Another update this one focusing on most of the issues Homer brought up.

Also, because the updates have been getting ridiculous I've also provided an alternate link that only has the updated files
Update patch http://www.mediafire.com/?alxtyzzz3dkya9i

I'm still trying to figure out the SGS issue, but it's definitely something I'm looking at.
#31  January 20, 2013, 11:54:07 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

#32  January 20, 2013, 02:54:03 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
YES, RicePigeon released a Touhou character again.
Gonna try out Lie Meiling again. I was one of the few, who liked the idea of a Shin version of a Touhou character.
And with the new changes, I don't have to worry about getting KOed in light speed anymore.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#33  January 20, 2013, 05:30:49 pm
  • I'm back again.
ricepigeon and darkflare working in tandom... i can dig it.
lost and forget
#34  January 20, 2013, 10:12:10 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Oh, I see now.
*Packs up stuff, clears desk and leaves*

Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:15:47 pm by Darkflare
#35  January 20, 2013, 10:36:30 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Oh, I see now.
*Packs up stuff, clears desk and leaves*

If its because I removed TotD, its because I had to agree with Homer that it felt out of place and wasn't all that useful as an anti-air, even with the reduced startup, probably because of the fact she has an anti-air command normal and also because of SSS's X version. If you or me can come up with a way to improve on TotD then I'm all for adding it again (possibly as HCB).

And you forgot to provide an updated movelist.

Any movelist changes were in the readme, but I suppose I should make it more streamlined next time.

I know releasing the patch was kind of sudden but it was originally intended as a quick fix to her normals and warp. I'll run it by you next time so theres no miscommunication.
#36  January 21, 2013, 12:01:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
TotD's removal isn't that big of a deal to me. Besides, Axe Kick stayed.
It's more like you did more in this edit of yours than I ever did altogether.

Anyway, if you're still up for this maybe we can run several things between ourselves and work something out.
#37  January 21, 2013, 04:24:32 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
TotD's removal isn't that big of a deal to me. Besides, Axe Kick stayed.

I tried to give Axe Kick more of a feel of E.Ryu's (in AE at least) hence why only the Z ver bounces/knocksdown now. It was a welcome addition to her arsenal either way and it fits with the whole "evil" motif I was originally aiming for. I was actually debating giving her an axe kick as a command normal overhead but I figured there was no reason to do that (she still could use an overhead command normal though)

It's more like you did more in this edit of yours than I ever did altogether.

I still felt there was more I could do. I still haven't found the issue with the SGS Homer mentioned, and I forgot to implement a custom cornerpush. To me the edit felt more of a prototype release.

Anyway, if you're still up for this maybe we can run several things between ourselves and work something out.

I'm all for a collaboration if that's what you're implying.
#38  January 21, 2013, 07:13:09 am
    • Puerto Rico
I don't think she needs a command normal. Axe Kick X ver. fills that role perfectly well. Only difference would be ease of use(F+attack vs HCF+attack).
I have doubts about leaving the axe kick with a HCF command due to blocking. If you block and try to counter with SSS you'll get the axe instead which may not be favorable in that moment. I think a HCB command would be better for this one.

Yea, I was thinking of a collaboration, although I think it will be shortlived since there isn't much left to do with her.
#39  January 21, 2013, 11:55:56 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Axe Kick X is, if it's based off of E.Ryu to the finite details, would NOT be an overhead. ONly EX Axe Kick is. Hence the idea of overhead normal.

#40  January 22, 2013, 12:59:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
I'm aware that's how it is with E. Ryu in AE, but what I mean is that for the purposes of having a reliable overhead move, Lie's Axe Kick X ver. will do.