YesNoOk

Hyper DRAGONBALL Z EVO 2014 -RELEASED (Read 186941 times)

Started by Iced, July 10, 2014, 04:33:17 pm
Share this topic:

ROS

Re: Hyper DRAGONBALL Z EVO 2014 -RELEASED
#121  July 18, 2014, 06:50:17 am
That's the closest I've seen to a 'real match' so far. It'll be nice to see what develops from seeing those two play with SSJ Goku. I hope they record more.

I actually play regularly online with those two. IKEMEN isn't always great though with games being laggy at times.
#122  July 18, 2014, 08:40:25 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#123  July 18, 2014, 12:09:35 pm
I actually play regularly online with those two. IKEMEN isn't always great though with games being laggy at times.

I was surprised to see IKEMEN running as nicely as it seemed in that video, at least. Match videos from players with character knowledge is pretty rare right now considering the game's apparent popularity. If you play with them again, I hope you record the match. 

Pretty nice match. The Goku player is using the old version though, since his Chou Kamehameha uses the old FX.

Ahh. Hopefully that won't skew the result too much. I didn't see any use of the bugs he had with his combo game, nor was there any abuse in the instant cross-over level 1 kick super. I'll likely be able to try the Evo release soon, but I haven't seen the change list just yet.

Only a few days and there's already a Frieza infinite. Nice find.
#124  July 18, 2014, 12:12:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Freeza had almost zero testing so the infinite wasnt that surprising, the elbow loop had been found before and we thought we had fixed it.

Combokyo First post has the changelog.
#125  July 18, 2014, 01:43:41 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Feedback quoted from a real hyperdbz mail, from Chris "PsychoShot" Lent:

Hello, my name is Chris Lent and I'm an avid competitive fighting game player from St. Louis, where quite a number of us have taken a liking to your game! These balance changes have been covered by some extensive testing of the EVO build. I'll be listing Frieza changes, while some of the other players will be emailing about their particular character.

[General System Mechanics]
- Throw teching needs to be added to this game. Currently, there's no way to get out of standing Light punch into tick throw in the corner. We've tried uppercuts, focus, super, everything, and you either take the jab into a full combo, or block it and eat a grab.

- Powering up needs to have recovery. Being able to charge and then recover instantly for no punish kind of hurts the flow of the game.

- Tech rolls would add a new layer of depth to the game, since the offender would have to guess which way the defender is rolling and vice versa.

- Air dashes are fun, but that seems to be the only viable way to get in. Maybe tone down the speed of the air dashes and increase speed on dashes to make ground approach more viable.

- Speaking of air dashes, I've noticed it's not possible to jump over someone, then air dash back to the same side for a mixup. Like with tech rolls, I feel this would add more depth to the game.

- Add air grabs

[Frieza suggestions]

- Make Death Saws recover faster. This will give Frieza more room for okizeme, making him more of a threat.

- When an opponent blocks Death Saw, allow Frieza players to mixup with a high/low. I've did Frieza's dashing overhead and they still blocked it even though they were holding down back but because they blocked high first and this game doesn't have fuzzy guard setups, they don't eat the mixup. I've even tried dashing and going low when they hold back to block high and they can still block.

These are really the only two changes Frieza needs. I feel that he's a good character, but the game mechanics work AGAINST him.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. St. Louis really loves this game and would like to see it become better! Once again, thank you for your time.

Chris "PsychoShot" Lent
#126  July 18, 2014, 03:12:58 pm
    • USA
    • traman808@gmail.com

I was surprised to see IKEMEN running as nicely as it seemed in that video, at least. Match videos from players with character knowledge is pretty rare right now considering the game's apparent popularity. If you play with them again, I hope you record the match.

See funny thing is I only had about a couple of hours of messing around with Frieza so I was playing most matches by ear(you can see it during the headbutt combos when I tried to otg a second time.). Ikemen does have lag sometimes depending on the connection(it's Peer to Peer) or Hi res effects from characters or stages, overall it's pretty good. Also the footage I recorded was a replay from Ikemen. I'm glad you enjoyed our play
check out my channel for Ikemen games and other stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/user/traweezie
#127  July 18, 2014, 05:53:08 pm
    • France
    • louis.salome@live.fr
Personnally i think that fast ground run, tech, and roll should be character specific, not fighting mechanics.
#128  July 18, 2014, 06:15:16 pm
    • Paraguay
    • marcelo_fffan@hotmail.com
I was wondering. Is it just me, or Masenko cannot be performed twice in the same combo?

Corner-carry/On corner

Focus Smash>Slashing Kick>sLK>sMP>Kick Combo>cHP>sHK>Ki Blast x2>Ki Blast [EX]>Masenko>Slashing Kick>sLK>sMP>Kick Combo>sHP>Hurricane Kick [EX]>aLP>Elbow Smash>Air Punch Combo>Butterfly Smash>?

After Butterfly Smash, it should be quite possible to perform another Masenko IMO. And I'm pretty sure my input was correct...
#129  July 18, 2014, 06:18:19 pm
    • Netherlands
^
Yeah but it shouldn't have it's stunning features anymore when performing it a second time.
#130  July 19, 2014, 12:01:42 am
    • Paraguay
^
Yeah but it shouldn't have it's stunning features anymore when performing it a second time.

Then my input should be bad. Could someone else try it instead? Just to be sure.

ROS

#131  July 19, 2014, 12:41:03 am
I can confirm you can't do it twice.
#132  July 19, 2014, 03:53:37 pm
Combokyo First post has the changelog.

I said I hadn't seen it yet, not that I couldn't find it. I'll read it if/when I try the changes.

See funny thing is I only had about a couple of hours of messing around with Frieza so I was playing most matches by ear(you can see it during the headbutt combos when I tried to otg a second time.). Ikemen does have lag sometimes depending on the connection(it's Peer to Peer) or Hi res effects from characters or stages, overall it's pretty good. Also the footage I recorded was a replay from Ikemen. I'm glad you enjoyed our play

Those combo improvisational moments are part of the fun. Those few hours of testing made a pretty big difference. The mix-ups and punishes were noticable compared to the Evo livestream. Definitely enjoyed the Ikemen replay. : )
#133  July 20, 2014, 11:12:10 pm
    • Paraguay
#134  July 20, 2014, 11:27:54 pm
    • Portugal
Not sure if this intencional or not, but with Frieza, when I send the oponnent into the air with down+c I can combo into death ball 25% but I can't combo into death ball 50%

ROS

#135  July 21, 2014, 05:04:03 am
#136  July 21, 2014, 11:50:52 am
    • Netherlands
#137  July 22, 2014, 07:26:30 am
    • USA
    • xxskyclawxx@gmail.com
I don't have time for a full post right now but I just wanted to say. When deciding to rebalance aspects please do not take immediate options. Please try to keep the game and the characters as close to your original vision as possible. Your game is already very unique sand I hope it keeps its individuality in the future. As a quick example Freeza's elbow doesn't need to be nerfed to something unuseable or something entirely different then its original idea. There are other fixes like only allowing the elbow to work twice in a combo a third time would cause the combo to drop. I just hope the great Z2 team takes all of these suggestions in and balance them out with what they think is right. Remember that most games get extensive play by tons of people before any significant changes are made. I just don't want characters to be ruined because a few people deemed things broken before a meta game had time to deem if that something was actually broken

ROS

#138  July 23, 2014, 06:26:54 am
I don't think changing Elbow will hurt Frieza at all. Its supposed to be an option for getting in on fireballs. His combos don't really revolve around Elbow either.
#139  July 24, 2014, 04:47:10 am
    • xxlunytun3sxx@aim.com
Wow this thing got even more attention lol. good job guys. i havent been able to sit down and see what freiza is capable of yet, but i will get to it soon.
http://www.twitch.tv/zer0degr33z

I sometimes stream MUGEN. Join me!

ROS

#140  July 24, 2014, 03:04:18 pm
Some matches against SoldierSunday. SS shows how good Slash Chop is as a reversal on wakeup if I jump in. Also shows how it can be baited out and punished by a super.