Started by RedDragonCats17, July 18, 2017, 02:36:54 am
Share this topic:
Re: 3D modeling programs
#21  July 27, 2017, 08:51:18 pm
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Y'know what I should've been doing? Explaining the problem of the model I have with pictures.

And lemme change something, the fingers do bend alright, but they don't form a perfect fist and it kinda looks ugly to me.

If you look at it from the front, it looks okay I guess.

But if you look at it from the side, it doesn't look that great.

Posted: July 28, 2017, 06:01:00 am
I'm gonna wait until tomorrow for a reply. If I don't get one tomorrow, then I'll ask on someone else's post and maybe make the project page Odb718 suggested, and also give a shoutout to someone who featured the stage I also plan to release.
#22  July 30, 2017, 07:22:22 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
I suggest you get reference pictures to help you understand how to pose anatomy properly.. its what I do when composing renders
#23  July 30, 2017, 07:30:35 pm
You're not closing the hands correctly.
The fingers shouldn't clip with the thumb and the thumb should be positioned differently.

do you see how the thumb overlaps the other fingers (or it is outside the other closed fingers)? In your case it seems you kept the thumb there and just moved the fingers.

Try to close your hand and form a fist and you'll see what I mean.
Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:35:07 pm by AlexSin
#24  July 31, 2017, 04:30:13 am
    • USA
That was my first try to make a fist after realizing that the fingers do bend, I was just being a dumbass and the side view was f$cking me up. Imma try again now.
Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:38:00 am by RedDragonCats17
#25  July 31, 2017, 09:38:45 am
    • USA
Okay, so I tried making a fist again, and... it looks okay I guess.

Posted: July 31, 2017, 09:44:47 am
Also, there's one thing I'd like to talk about in the collaborating thing. It's the way how I want to collab with people.

You know how Balthazar and Cybaster collabed to make their DB characters, right? Balthazar was the graphics man while Cybaster was the coder. I want to collab with you guys the same way they did.

Unless you want to do sprites and not models or add something fancy to Daisy's model, she should be relatively simple to do (if the armature starts fucking up, that is). Comparing her with Peach in their tennis clothes, Daisy is more-or-less a headswap and retexture, so she shouldn't be hard to make. As for me, I'm thinking about splicing, though I'm not really sure about this. Even though Daisy's fist looks okay, I still want to use a different model for quality reasons.
#26  July 31, 2017, 11:58:25 am
You'll probably have to get some animations done as examples before people take you seriously enough to collaborate with you.

As for splicing...  I might have remade the entire model personally, but due to how I need to do certain things for materials of the 2D-replicating variety to function.  In the end you end up with something predictable and reliable that won't give you any nasty surprises half way down the animation workload.
#27  July 31, 2017, 12:12:45 pm
    • USA
Examples? Now THAT is something I can do.

There's one thing I forgot to point out. Daisy's voice. I will use her lines in the games she's been in, but I want to use a voice actor that sounds similar or perhaps exactly like Daisy, I highly doubt that I'll ever find such a girl here in the guild.

Posted: July 31, 2017, 01:03:39 pm
I'm probably gonna make things simple for me and just work on a few animations. The stance, the walk/gallop (some characters in fighting games gallop, I'm gonna make Daisy one of them), the run, and maybe her shooting a Super Ball. Surely you won't mind, would you?
#28  July 31, 2017, 04:13:37 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
Not to sound negative, but I hope you understand the amount of time you need to do this. I've seen many similar projects come and go, always eager to get started, excited after doing one thing, but then they quit after realizing its not that easy. I wish you luck though
#29  July 31, 2017, 08:35:44 pm
    • USA
I don't take THAT as you being negative, Juri. I take it as you explaining to me the path I'm gonna go through making all of Daisy's animations. I only have the Super Ball throw, the Gao and BonBon moves in mind, the rest of her set I'm gonna be needing some ideas, because in my opinion the base ball smack and soccer kick sound pretty.... bland? Maybe? Idek, I just don't like the ideas of those moves, I don't want Daisy to be a all out projectile slinger, y'know what I mean?
#30  August 01, 2017, 09:52:52 am
  • Hungry Wolf
    • South Africa
You should concentrate on doing all the basic motions first, worry about special moves last.
#31  August 01, 2017, 10:36:28 am
    • USA
Got it. It might be a minute before I get everything, mostly because I'm a lazybones and I don't concentrate on everything I do, including my school work and my version of Ryu. So.... don't know what else to say, other than I'm gonna play Wolfenstein (the old one, not the new one).

Posted: August 01, 2017, 10:57:09 am
I guess I should consider this thread solved, all that I was doing is being a big flipping jackass assuming that the Daisy model doesn't work with Blender when it does, some things just f$ck me up, like the side view when bending her fingers.