YesNoOk

Alpha Strike (Read 4538 times)

Started by puffolotti4iji, January 06, 2018, 01:58:15 pm
Share this topic:
Alpha Strike
#1  January 06, 2018, 01:58:15 pm
    • Italy
Well, to get what my project is about, the best way is to visit my DA page, however i'll say is a MUGEN port of the videogame Iji by Daniel Remar, made with entirely new graphic from scratch.
The original game can be downloaded from this link:
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

I made a demo with 3 almost working characters and 2 spritesets, that can be downloaded here, with a command system that in my intention brings in a Beat em up game the trouble of learning when and how to use weapons, but playing it i decided i must do it different (this is one of the reasons for making early demos, to understand what works and what don't)
First of all, i'm gonna do different sprites. Those in the game looks that way exactly because i was trying a rough cel-shading style, but i'm not happy with it.

The demo can be downloaded from this link.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/geiukzdi1g3r306/IJIDEMO082217.zip

The scale of the characters will be smaller in the actual game, because it will be more focused on distance control, like: "if you are close you'll get pummeled, but if you go too far you'll get nuked"
I think the sizes in the release will be about this big
(this screenshot has ben done with the existing characters, of course i'll take care of the portraits being the right size, but in this phase of the project, correcting something that i already know will change before the release is a waste of time.)

I'm doing the graphic and the coding, and i can do all i have in mind for the first release, so i'm sure there will be no problems like: i must drop the project because i don't know how to code that move.

I think i'll publish the first release of the game in the summer, with 14 characters

Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:00:38 pm by puffolotti4iji
Re: Alpha Strike
#2  January 08, 2018, 01:22:49 am
  • Hola
    • Chile
    • yiazmatomegavictorys.wix.com/mugenvictorys
Ah, I remember Iji, it was a pretty cool game and I'm happy someone wants to bring it to Mugen.

Best of luck with this.

Re: Alpha Strike
#3  January 20, 2018, 02:19:06 am
    • Italy
Thank you very much. In my port, the hero of the story (Kinda like Ryu in Street fighter or Terry Bogard in Fatal fury) won't be the Human anomaly but the tasen soldier Vateilika.
Yet i want to give to all the character about the same space, beside the fact i don't like how street fighter 4 revolves around the shoto-cretins or tekken around the Mishima family and gives little space to other character's storyline, i want to take some distance from the original game setting, and explore the alien cultures, so the human anomaly (and the other human, representing pure cruelty ) goes in [Blanka]'s echological niche.
Alpha strike will be about the 2 alien cultures. Most of the character i'm putting into the MUGEN version come from the original game, and i tried to expand their reasons, with the general rule: "everybody is right in their own eyes " The endings are all happy for the player's avatar. (I didn't like the endings of street fighter's Charlie Nash where he's captured and killed. In my vision this should be what happens when somebody else wins. Paul from Tekken's endings are indeed hilarious, but i don't want such humor in Alpha Strike.)

what follows may be a little confusing to who didn't play the original game by Daniel Remar. to whoever doesn't know it i advice to play it, is very good, it can be downloaded from this page http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php
The characters that will appear in the first release of Alpha Strike will be:

Vateilika, the pacifist: Seen in sector 3, representing tasen soldiers. She carries a (not so) misterious komato letter on her chest.

Yukabacera: Seen in sector 8 a tasen super soldier. his main feature will be an impressive array of ranged weapons, that commands komato's respect

(Maybe) Elsa Hautki: Another tasen soldier, she will be weaker than the other characters, but instead of being a joke character, i'll focus on making her desperate, a normal person surrounded by fiends.

The human anomaly: Now, this is kinda complicated, i had to drastically change the human to fit into mugen gameplay and in the storyline, for a starter my version is 40 cm shorter than Iji, to underline the fact that tasen and komato perceive her as a brainless beast she don't carry a nano-weapon, but like the imps in doom she is able to weaponize her nano-field, emulating some komato weapons.

As told above she won't be the main character, so according to the character choosen by the player she can side with tasen, komato or none.
Her intro is identical of Iji's but i'm considering to dub her a different person, if that's the case her birthname will be AVA

(Maybe) Verlaine Byron. Another human. Since Mugen doesn't allow the conditional storyline, i separated Iji into 2 characters. Ava represents the pacifist route, while Byron, who is armed with the nanogun, is driven by pure hatred toward the tasen.

Commander Ukall: Tasen commander.
I had to change some stuff from the platform, one of those is the fact the alien are able to summon their weapons via teleport, like in some games the weapons will appear right before use and disappear after the blow.

Defender Irgen: The defenders are a new class of tasen of my conception, (if i'll edit the original game they are supposed to prevent Iji from stealing the tasen bikes, the shredders, substantially they are female elite.)

Krotera: the not-so-beloved tasen leader, in Alpha Strike will be a mid-boss.

From the komato side we'll have:

BaGeDo: Komato berserker, the guile of the situation. In Alpha strike he'll be a good hearted guy, despite the fact he slaughters tasen for a living.

Ansaksie: The komato female assassin from the original game.

Puji: her twin sister, who is a komato berserker. She loves humans like some humans loves cats

In alpha strike the 2 girls are smaller than average komato.

The 4 bosses, all komato will be

Annihilator. (i didn't decide the name yet)
A giant who can't block, but has constant super armor

Iosa the invincible: from the original game, a female annihilator. she's immune to energy projectiles, for the reasons explained in the original game.

Asha the assassin: from the original game. he'll be very agile but unable to block

And at last, general Tor, the final boss. In the original game he was piloting a 40ft tall robot, but in MUGEN he'll come at the player hand to hand.

More on the classes and characters from the original game can be found here:
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji2guide_enemies.php
http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji2guide_bosses.php

As for the gameplay, i'm going to introduce a couple concepts, first of all some weapons will cause splash damage for everyone, and second one there will be some... let's call them allergies.
The game will be played in rather big background, and explosive will send the chars very high and very far.

Browsing my DA page will provide further informations about the development of said characters and the game-mechanic.

I tried to be brief, let me know if something isn't clear.