YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 667340 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2201  July 11, 2017, 08:09:55 pm
  • Certified Quack
Hello there, I am Professor Skew.

I've been lurking the Guild for quite a few years now, and finally decided to join up.  I'm looking forward to seeing the future releases from everyone here!
...nausea, heartburn, indigestion, chronic fatigue, periods of extreme hyperactivity, confusion, short term memory loss, feelings of deja vu, short term memory loss, and feelings of deja vu.
#2202  July 12, 2017, 03:15:14 pm
  • os cães ladram, mas a caravana não pára
    • Brazil
    • Skype - adriano_gt2005@hotmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/mortalkombatmugenkommunity/
welcome, professor
#2203  July 20, 2017, 08:14:34 pm
    • USA
So, I don't know how many of you remember me, but I am the one once known as Vegeta 20XX, a minor purveyor of poorly constructed Mugen works. I have since turned my focus to Doom modding (on the ZDoom forums, I am The Railgunner, a slightly less minor of somewhat less poorly constructed Doom mods). Namely, I made a new account for nostalgia reasons, and also because therailgunner@live.com has been inaccessible to me for at least two or three years.

The son of which I spoke of before my departure is now six years of age - a brilliant child with serious behavior problems. No, I don't have custody of him (I still have legal rights to him, however), and I don't see him often (flying out of state and back is, unsurprisingly, rather expensive), but that's fine, because his mother takes very good care of him, and that's all that truly matters, at least in the short term.

I have yet to return to fighting game-grade spriting, as most of my efforts have been focused on guns and more guns, as well as the occasional powerup or melee weapon, but I may return to it in time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to mull over my former post history and cringe at the rick-diculous heights of embarrassment said posts will inevitably produce (I was definitely NOT fit to be a mod, let alone the Graphics mod, among sooooo many other frightening things best summarized by this short snippet by Sepp, from who I shamelessly ruined his Sagat into a lesser work, as I am prone to). I may also attempt to MUGEN again, in the hopes that, with the different, purportedly more mature point of view I intend to deceive you all into believing I have attained, I may properly reintroduce myself as a creator of genuine merit, and not a shameless thief (it is worth noting that this pattern kind of died after my second-to-last Doom mod, which was derived from - albeit with considerable work and alteration - from another, more respected author's work - The Trooper is more or less my first standalone work that wasn't built off of that of another). Basically, learning to understand the game's code structure more completely and avoiding referencing other people's work unless absolutely necessary to understand how certain mechanics work, in order to create from scratch.
Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:18:03 pm by Vegeta 30XX
#2204  July 21, 2017, 02:18:22 pm
    • Brazil
welcome back, prince of sayajin
#2205  July 24, 2017, 11:58:12 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505

Yeah, I've had this account for years but since I got unbanned, I think a reintroduction from the more mature me should be made.
I'm Jenngra505, an over ambitious person who lacks the drawing ability to make the creations they want to make. Sorry for being a total moron back before the ban.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#2206  July 25, 2017, 12:58:38 am
  • My power is maximum
  • Si monumentum requires, circumspice
    • USA
    • Skype - TheToxicAvenger666
Everyone starts somewhere right? Now the only way is up
#2207  July 25, 2017, 11:58:11 am
    • Brazil
good luck now
#2208  August 23, 2017, 03:54:23 pm
    • Australia
Hey I'm Dan.
I've joined this forum cause I'm looking to learn how to create and share my first MUGEN project, which is going to be a crossover between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter (original I know). I'm using this project to try and learn how the engine works.
I would love to get to know some other members of this community and take on advice and knowledge from some more experienced users.
#2209  August 24, 2017, 05:21:07 pm
    • Brazil
hi dan
welcome on board
#2210  August 26, 2017, 08:51:35 pm
  • I love reading my own Death Note.
    • Singapore

New here, I like KOF but not a decent player, and female fighters are my favorite things.  :coollove:
And the "Toggle View" button is important to me when I make posts, those who had tragic experience in post loss would understand.
#2211  August 27, 2017, 02:39:41 pm
    • Brazil
welcome, GT.... enjoy and have fun
#2212  October 09, 2017, 06:33:22 am
  • He who has always been!

Well after many years of ghosting I feel its high about time to make my presence felt here. My two forums and groups have been offline and some of the movers and shakers gave up on MUGEN or caused upheavals galore here. I started messing with the MUGEN engine back in 2003. I was so green I found a few old programs like screen pack maker that never got updated and heck I bet I cant find it anymore. I hooked up with Syn over at Club Syndicate then split between Phantoms G's and Club Syn mostly because I followed MOTVN around. Learned a lot from Syn, MOTVN, HankVenture, Gutz, Dissidia and many others. I asked questions and suggested things to many random people in these forums. I do not claim much but hey I loved being in these forums felt like all of the guys where family to me. Fell out of MUGEN for a few years never felt like I could complete a project. I stopped in here to see any new contributions or if anyone I knew made anything new. Always felt like the Guild was the central nervous system of this engine we all have passion for. So I floated around bothered Jesuszilla about a couple of his creations for coding fixes for my projects [Thank you Jesuszilla!] and looked around at up and coming talent for the past four years. Now I feel I should just come back to life and and help, contribute or just mess around with everyone here. Heres hoping everyone can accept a lost G from the Syndicate.
A displaced G from the Syndicate. An old ghost of forums past!
#2213  October 09, 2017, 11:52:58 am
    • Brazil
have a good return
#2214  October 15, 2017, 05:16:03 am
    • USA
Sup y'all. Working on my first mugen cab just lookin for pointers
#2215  October 15, 2017, 02:07:09 pm
    • Brazil
What game are you doing?
what characters?
welcome
#2216  October 16, 2017, 01:19:58 am
Sup everyone I've recently joined these forums (about 3 weeks ago?) and I havent introduced myself yet. Name's Megido (pronouned with a soft "g"). I made the name when I was kid by creating a fusion of Goku and Vegeta but naming it instead of Vegito as Megido lol. So it stuck with me.
Anyways, I'm glad this community is still up and running for as long as it's been so far. I'm a big fan of the DBZ Z2 mugen sprites, I think they are really creative and add a nice charm to the characters' look. I'm a bit of a fighting game enthusiast and Hyper DBZ is my favorite DB fighter, period. I've always been waiting for a competive 2D DB fighter for a long time now and it looks great. I've been inspired so much that I ended up drawing again (after soo long) and I want to learn the Z2 style sprites.
Sad thing is I haven't drawn anything pixalated since about 10 years ago on MS Paint and I'm 27 now lol. I know very depressing, I've really wished I was consistent. I've been side tracked so many times in life it's sad. And drawing has been a very fun hobby of mines. I just tend to give up when I don't have enough resources, when my art is not up to par, or when something is abosultely too tedious to do. Also I have trouble drawing from the top of my head, something that I always wanted to learn and do. I don't think I ever worked on my own original artwork. So I said to myself enough time wasting on just thinking and finally get back to drawing. I want to put all my efforts into pixalating again...or at least just wanting to pick up another hobby and see where it goes from there.
#2217  October 16, 2017, 11:52:12 am
    • Brazil
sucess in all, megido
#2218  October 16, 2017, 08:06:44 pm
  • MATHIS HANG UP THE CALL
  • The Annoying Ting go SKRREEE
    • USA
    • Skype - @eddsworldtrash
    • remixsparta.wix.com/futuremugen

Should've done this before I released my Mickey edit, but whatever. Better late than never.

I am Future!Tom. I was a part of this community for three+ years now, under countless different aliases, such as HarmoknightYo, BaconIsAwesome, and FireyCirno (which I still sometimes go by). I also go by Dawn de Era. I am a character/character edit creator from the U.S., and I hope to do more than what I have done in previous years. Sure, I'm not a really known face, and I've screwed up a lot before. (*cough*takingabreakandreturningthread*cough*) But I'm more than what I've done, and I will keep moving forward with my hobby as a creator.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#2219  October 17, 2017, 09:41:10 pm
    • Brazil
ok, man.... the future is now