YesNoOk

Joe (SF1) - Spriting has begun! First Anims on Page 4! (Read 123439 times)

Started by Sean Altly, April 23, 2014, 11:42:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Joe (SF1) - Spriting has begun! First Anims on Page 4!
#261  January 31, 2015, 12:53:39 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It works well buddy. So.... when do I get to play him??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#262  January 31, 2015, 01:27:51 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Technically you can play the very early alpha build of him in the MFG SF board.

I'm considering releasing some universal MUGEN versions for him. The next update will in MFG street Fighter to him will be a while and will make him not very compatible in universal MUGEN.

The idea I have is to release him in various play styles. Starting with SF1. Then SF2, SSF2T, SFA, etc
#263  January 31, 2015, 01:44:44 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Technically you can play the very early alpha build of him in the MFG SF board.

I'm considering releasing some universal MUGEN versions for him. The next update will in MFG street Fighter to him will be a while and will make him not very compatible in universal MUGEN.

The idea I have is to release him in various play styles. Starting with SF1. Then SF2, SSF2T, SFA, etc

Wouldn't it be better to make a sort of universal gameplay that incorporates the best mechanics from the SF series than what was said above?
Now I haven't been following your progress (too busy with XIII Kyo, LOL :D) but I'm pretty sure that what I said seems easier than to make different forms for each games, which IMO seems like a drag...
This is a generic forum signature.
#264  January 31, 2015, 01:48:25 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I Feel like a mix of sf4 and sf3 would kind of be pretty cool
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#265  January 31, 2015, 09:27:38 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
@Just No Point:

So unless I'm forgetting something, here is what needs to be finished:

Throw 1 (the spinning bar-fight type throw, still trying to find a decent base)
Head Games (grab + Headbutt, gonna use Yamazaki here unless anyone has a better suggestion)
Giving Up the Ghost (flying body press, grab + headbutt which can be reused from above, stepping up the opponent, reuse jump HK for repelling off of them, repelling off wall, reuse jump HP for elbow drop, acting hurt when he lands)
Dricing Up the Stakes (just need the drinking beer anim for this I assume, and I'm half finished with this anim)
Taunt
Intro (maybe 2)
2-3 Win Poses
Zero Counter Punch (I'm hoping something can be reused here to cut down on the workload, since you're reusing Rising Knee for the Zero Counter Kick)

The taunt is supposed to be him hitting himself in the head to psych himself up, but I'm waiting on JNP's base drawing for that. For an intro, I believe we discussed him being on the phone with his wife or something? Or was it taking off a work shirt? Can't remember, need a refresher there. For his win poses, one should be his simple double arms raised pose from SF1. The other one(s) I'm not sure we discussed ideas for yet. Nothing too complex I hope, I'm ready to get this done while I have the free time.

Download Last Bout now!
#266  February 01, 2015, 04:05:07 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I think that should be it. Besides those three hardest hit frames you said you'd make too :3

I am baby free Tuesday so I'll look and make sure that's it and finalize the win poses/intros.
I'll get your drafts finished then too.
#267  February 03, 2015, 07:33:19 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Headbutt Grab

Sidestep. First one is Joe Higashi's pretty much, second one is me using it to try and make something different to fit this Joe's personality.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:03:46 am by Sean Altly
#268  February 03, 2015, 09:00:43 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Use the right arm from the left image, and the left arm from the right image. See how that looks.
The right image looks too much like a taunt :P

---
great stuff btw,
I'd also suggest make a "hit reaction" face for the headbutt? Make it snap back just a bit?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#269  February 03, 2015, 09:16:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

Was that everything?

Feel free to adjust the headbutt animation if you can re use the headbutt anim you've already made in some way where it'll still flow well.

DW

#270  February 03, 2015, 09:26:59 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#271  February 03, 2015, 09:32:01 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/

This could be still used for a parry anim too!
#272  February 03, 2015, 09:40:31 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

DW

#273  February 03, 2015, 09:45:11 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
^I don't think so... Not as is anyway. If you're implying that it could be edited into a Parry anim, then, I guess...? That wouldn't work for AG either. It's a dodge. Chars use their limbs when they Parry or AG.

IDK if you've seen this already, but Lows90 made an MB for him some months back:

Nice, Here's an Midnight Bliss for the Upcoming Character by Sean Atly

I think it'd be a bit better with like some tight shorts or spandex pants on instead of his default slacks, but all in all, it's good.
#274  February 03, 2015, 09:48:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yeah I saw that. I'm pretty sure I commented on it too :) It looks great!

^I don't think so... Not as is anyway. If you're implying that it could be edited into a Parry anim, then, I guess...? That wouldn't work for AG either. It's a dodge. Chars use their limbs when they Parry or AG.
This is Joe! He uses his chest!
We're lucky he's not parrying with his face!
#275  February 03, 2015, 10:53:37 pm
    • USA

DW

#276  February 03, 2015, 11:16:54 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Lol I forgot about Q. He's pretty much the only example of this though. Which makes sense, seeing as he's like a robot person or something and could tank hits like that and just brush them off. Joe really doesn't strike me as the type to do something like that. Especially since he's pretty average in terms of body mass. While also being a boxer/street brawler type, I'd more so envision him slapping high attacks away. Or catching them to set up for his own retaliation blow. That's just me though.
#277  February 03, 2015, 11:20:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Parry wasn't on the pay to be made by Sean though. So unless someone else makes one I could still see this one being used just because Joe has moves that hurt himself. He don't give no fucks about it!
#278  February 03, 2015, 11:33:34 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

DW

#279  February 03, 2015, 11:40:24 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
"Pretty much" as in a low percentage, not the only one. Let me be more direct with it though. MOST chars, like 95% of them use their limbs. Also the ones that don't are usually big guys who have the mass to tank hits in such a manner. Feel free to show me more though if there is more. I'd like to see other variations on Parry anims.

Parry wasn't on the pay to be made by Sean though. So unless someone else makes one I could still see this one being used just because Joe has moves that hurt himself. He don't give no fucks about it!

It's only like 3 frames per anim though. I'd be willing to pitch in to have Sean make them for you. If not, it's cool. That dodge will have to be edited a bit still to look more like a parry imo, though yeah, it can still work.
#280  February 04, 2015, 07:23:39 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Don't use a body parry. Only huge/heavy characters use them. Not that you were anyway, but don't let that sway you either way.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.