YesNoOk

Rashid , discussing about arab characters in games (Read 12921 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, September 11, 2015, 05:11:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rashid , discussing about arab characters in games
#41  September 13, 2015, 05:16:54 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Normally I am the last guy who cares about political correctness or is offended about anything in a video game. But due to personal negative experiences and all the events in Arabian regions and Muslimic Men there as well as in Europe from where I am I just can't like this character design that reminds me at those guys. SFV is just a video game, total fiction and full of stereotypes but for me it is like both Shaheen in Tekken and now Rashid in SFV are representating a group of men that I fear for good reasons in the real life.

These fictional characters are not like officially representing the Salafists, the muslimic fantatics..but they are fucking looking like them and that makes me wonder why we see characters like that in a time where many people worldwide have to fear real violence coming from guys that look very similar to those video game character designs.

this is actual stereotyping folks not rashids design
#42  September 13, 2015, 05:30:40 pm
  • Raging Fist
so let me get this straight. Its ok to see a Mike Tyson ripoff, a Overmuscular native american, an ex shadowloo doll in a militarized swimsuit that shows her ass in battle, and even go to the effect of other weird things in between, but when a person from the middle east shows up, some people go "OMG RACIST STEREOTYPE BULLSHIT ETC". because of RL situations?
I find that to be total bullshit. Don't get me wrong, stereotype or not, Rashid has a solid fresh look for a street fighter game (better than Hakan) and that's what I like to see. He has that "Arabian nights" Feel to him. In terms of "belief" I myself knew a few people who were Muslim and guess what? a couple of them are close friends of mine and they were the kindest people I've met in my life. The fact that ISIS, Al Quefda (I misspelled it on purpose), and other rogue extremist terrorist in the Middle East are being nothing more than insecure dipshits with guns and forcing the people from the Middle East to move to other countries with the few that trolls the US For the bombings and pretty much kicking them out of their country because we are hunting said extremists down is one of many reasons why the world is growing intolerant to Islam (With Death to America chants really not helping them so much either). Seeing Fascists do something irrational as razor stickers to spread their bullshit is just one of many ideals of spreading hate and hurting others with the intent of placing fear into our minds and forcing us once again to be intolerant to culture shock with a blind eye.
but if you not count ALL of it, and I mean ALL OF IT, the one thing people forget the most is that this is a FUCKING GAME! Who the hell cares what gets put in the game, who has the bigger tits or ass, who has the better gun, W/E! Games are meant to be played as enjoyment and to have fun, not for idiots to bash up upon something like immature trolls spreading hate to every single person they can find Online or in their own backyards. If you Don't like it, Don't play it and go back to Hello Kitty Adventure.
RANT OVER~
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 05:33:52 pm by Flowrellik
#43  September 13, 2015, 05:35:44 pm
i'm curious about what gbk's personal experience was
so let me get this straight. Its ok to see a Mike Tyson ripoff, a Overmuscular native american, an ex shadowloo doll in a militarized swimsuit that shows her ass in battle, and even go to the effect of other weird things in between, but when a person from the middle east shows up, some people go "OMG RACIST STEREOTYPE BULLSHIT ETC". because of RL situations?
you can find people complaining about balrog and t. hawk pretty easily
https://www.google.com/search?q="balrog"+racist
https://www.google.com/search?q="t.+hawk"+racist

and you post in feminist gaming threads so don't pretend nobody has complained about cammy's ass. some people also complained about mika a couple weeks ago. everything can be problematic
#44  September 13, 2015, 05:58:49 pm
It has to be said, Street Fighter's a problematic game. I wonder what this new week's reveal will bring.
#45  September 13, 2015, 06:04:46 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It has to be said, Street Fighter's a problematic game. I wonder what this new week's reveal will bring.

thats the most meaningless word. problematic, its like calling food organic.
#46  September 13, 2015, 06:05:58 pm
    • Peru
Was people performing the same level of stupidity when Shaheen was announced for Tekken7?
#47  September 13, 2015, 06:07:35 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm going to say yes, because this feels familiar.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#48  September 13, 2015, 06:14:35 pm
Don't eat that apple, it's organic.

^^ Yeah but to a relatively smaller degree. Helps that Shaheen's concept art was showcased well before his reveal. So did his reveal not happening on that day.
#49  September 13, 2015, 06:20:25 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Some of you are over reacting to GBK's post drastically. Back off a bit.

You don't help people see a different view with outrage to small statements.
#50  September 13, 2015, 06:28:48 pm
  • Thank you so very much.
    • dhillonpowell@gmail.com
    • Skype - dhillon2004521
    • dhillon521mugen.weebly.com/
Anyone want to stop talking about the whole 9/11 thing?
#51  September 13, 2015, 06:29:08 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I dont feel that separating the discussion about this subject about a matter related to the street fighter reveal everytime it starts helps that much.  Unless people start going bananas and accusing each other of being hitler it just seems like a discussion.

People just need to learn to discuss stuff instead of being outraged all the time, being outraged just means your opinion is worthless.
#52  September 13, 2015, 06:43:41 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i'm not personally outraged but thats blatant stereotyping. so im just calling a spade a spade.
#53  September 13, 2015, 07:00:07 pm
i am offended that there's two genocidal americans in street fighter! and there's too many blonde characters probably sf is promoting nazi superior aryan race propaganda.
#54  September 13, 2015, 07:01:03 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
'I am Rashid of the turbulent wind!'

Turbulent, huh. Sorry, it's genuinely hard to shake off the correlations no thanks to society.
#55  September 13, 2015, 07:09:34 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
To be perfectly honest, this entire discussion of Rashid and 9/11 was pointless, and GBK's narrow-minded comment made it worse, I really think we should stop at this point before it gets outta hand. My $0.02.

EDIT: ''Muslimic'' pretty much ranks high in my list of funny typos as of this EDIT :XD:
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 07:15:13 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#56  September 13, 2015, 07:17:07 pm
don't read it if it bothers you so much. nobody's forcing you to.

i don't agree with gbk's point of view but we don't all fucking know what his personal experience was. i'm sure we all have similar biases against certain groups of people (by country, race, occupation, etc.) due to previous personal experience
#57  September 13, 2015, 07:23:55 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
^^Don't assume everything bothers me so much, I'm Arabic and Muslim, and I'm not even pissed off at his comment. I've heard these kinds of things a million times and I'll probably hear it a billion more.

I agree with you on your second point, so I'm going to speed this up: @GBK Share with us your personal experience with Muslims and Arabic people that gave you your POV, because I really want to know. Really.
This is a generic forum signature.
#58  September 13, 2015, 07:33:32 pm
i don't agree with gbk's point of view but we don't all fucking know what his personal experience was. i'm sure we all have similar biases against certain groups of people (by country, race, occupation, etc.) due to previous personal experience
fuck that shit.
a black american killed a relative of mine who used to work in a pharmacy, just to rob him. a friend of mine got shot by another black american because he also wanted him to give him his wallet.
did i hate black people as a result of those? fuck no.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#59  September 13, 2015, 07:36:09 pm
#60  September 13, 2015, 07:38:13 pm
  • Outchea Grindin'
    • USA
    • warrenh89@live.com
I love muslims, I love Arabs and I love the middle eastern culture. no beef here
I wish Capcom had the rights to EX characters so we can get Pullum up in SFV cuz we definitely need more characters from that region

"Capcom vs SNK 3 coming soon, we promise" - Ren