YesNoOk

What could've made certain fighting games better? (Read 45804 times)

Started by EveryonesKouhai, February 23, 2016, 07:51:20 am
Share this topic:
Re: What could've made certain fighting games better?
#41  February 24, 2016, 03:06:32 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
make the commands for the alpha counters different, i hate the inverted quarter circle motion.
It's F+P+K of same strength in SFA3

USFIV:
remove the damn 1 frame links.
And command shortcuts!!!!!!
#42  February 24, 2016, 03:09:28 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Battle Arena Toshinden 4: I'd make it faster for one.....

Soul Calibur V: It was SOOOOO close to being the best SC game. SO CLOSE. It had the visuals, the most fitting guest character and best character creator to date, BUT what fucked everything up was the damn stupid ass story and the lackluster roster, Z.W.E.I looks like a badass but theres next to nothing known about him, instead the game focuses on the siscon who fucks the whole world over to save his sister bc incest.
Agreed. What makes it worse is that the roster coulda been less lackluster and the story less stupid if most of it wasn't thrown out because Namco cut the funding and staff and then had the game forced out the door by that January :(
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#43  February 24, 2016, 03:12:14 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
CFJ's budget was pretty low AFAIK, so that could explain why stages look half assed (like those multiple character cameos just being official artwork taken from other games).

To this day it still surprises me that they decided to put Ingrid in a SF game... she was a character originally from a game that got cancelled, then they made her for CFJ, and for some reason she shows up in SFA3 Max. It's such a weird path they've chosen to keep this character somewhat relevant.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#44  February 24, 2016, 03:13:08 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Chaos Code: Netplay :(
I know there will be a version with it eventually, but that was such a waste on PS3...
#45  February 24, 2016, 03:13:46 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#46  February 24, 2016, 03:15:28 am
  • For honor!
Mortal Kombat in general:
remove the fatalities. yes i am serious, they are tired old gimmicks and they add nothing to the gameplay experience. MKX took the right direction with brutalities being directly effected by what the player does, and they're fast and unskippable so if you're in a tourney your opponent will definitely see them before his salty tears turn him away.
make all fatalities function like that. we don't want edgy cutscenes at the end of every fight, that's boring.
Who do you mean by "we"? I for one think it's dumb to take what made Mortal Kombat a thing in the first place out of Mortal Kombat for no good reason. We have both just do the brutality dude. People trying to include me in their subtraction problems *grumble grumble grumble*

Battle Monsters: Give all of the characters a throw and have specials and mana moves chip.

Street Fighter Alpha 2: Vega. The one with claws.
Iroha stripped for me
#47  February 24, 2016, 03:18:37 am
How can someone say that? I want my stupid, silly decapitation every bit as much as my stupid, silly boobs and panties. Shallow entertainment is what makes our video games so enjoyable.

Most of what I wanted was said already.
Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 03:22:14 am by GS-Niitris
#48  February 24, 2016, 03:20:38 am
  • For honor!
Now that you mention it Mortal Kombat could use face petting mini games and better localization
Iroha stripped for me
#49  February 24, 2016, 03:21:04 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#50  February 24, 2016, 03:28:43 am
okay so you lot don't want them removed. i personally got bored with them after a few years of playing MK9, i liked them at first and i did them everytime.
but i realized it's just the same cutscene playing over a different model over and over again.
That's not correct for SFA3
http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Street_Fighter_Alpha_3
all this time i though i couldn't do them but it's the fucking wikia scrubs that mislead me. thanks, ill go try that out.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#51  February 24, 2016, 03:30:18 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Capcom vs. SNK: dudley's dancing trouser snake
#52  February 24, 2016, 03:35:39 am
    • Brazil
Soul Calibur V: It was SOOOOO close to being the best SC game. SO CLOSE. It had the visuals, the most fitting guest character and best character creator to date, BUT what fucked everything up was the damn stupid ass story and the lackluster roster, Z.W.E.I looks like a badass but theres next to nothing known about him, instead the game focuses on the siscon who fucks the whole world over to save his sister bc incest.
I agree on all of this. What is worse is that Patroklos himself could have been a better character, but he was made so horribly wrong, he ended up being just an annoying blind brat who we wanted to see dead as soon as the story began. Like... Sophitia and Cassandra were left out for this? Pyrrha at least because a mindless demon (which is an upgrade in her case), but him, he gets Setsuka's moveset... out of nowhere. And all the hype for the other new characters disappear because they have no importance whatsoever.

CFJ: Make a universal game system or ISMs so the game is not jhon doe's mugen compilation.
I always wondered why Capcom never came back on a giant Capcom-only crossover fighting game again. I mean... specially now that Disney is not allowing Marvel on the VS Series again, it would make sense to make a VS-ish Capcom only game. And they can keep Ingrid out of this one, like they should have done to CFJ.

Mortal Kombat in general:
remove the fatalities. yes i am serious, they are tired old gimmicks and they add nothing to the gameplay experience. MKX took the right direction with brutalities being directly effected by what the player does, and they're fast and unskippable so if you're in a tourney your opponent will definitely see them before his salty tears turn him away.
make all fatalities function like that. we don't want edgy cutscenes at the end of every fight, that's boring.
Not only is this idea horrible from the start, because it is what makes Mortal Kombat unique in the first place, but I am sure that at least 90% of the MK fanbase is not included on that "we".
#53  February 24, 2016, 04:13:30 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
what MK really needs is a better combo system and less ninjas. maybe a dodge button. speaking of survival arts, the mkx brutalities basically function just like those, so there's that
#54  February 24, 2016, 04:16:13 am
  • For honor!
Now the dial combos needing to go in place of something better I can agree with.
Iroha stripped for me
#55  February 24, 2016, 04:20:13 am
    • Brazil
what MK really needs is a better combo system and less ninjas. maybe a dodge button. speaking of survival arts, the mkx brutalities basically function just like those, so there's that
Well, none of them are really ninjas, right? They are just masked fighters. Ninjas are supposed to be quick stealthy assassins. And I'm pretty sure all of them now have a costume or variation without the mask.
#56  February 24, 2016, 04:26:09 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i suppose technically even back in mk1 they just kinda look like farmers beating each other up so
#57  February 24, 2016, 04:37:04 am
  • Wataaaaahhhhh
    • France
USF4: Alex and Karin

SF5: all the characters from 4 who aren't already in... an arcade mode, Dan in a tutorial to learn you how to be a "real" fighter. And we need characters from Slam Master and Final Fight to be in that game !!!
http://mugenguild.com/forum/iron-muscle-bomber.400
Rahhhhhhh, AI is so hard to deal with !!!!
#58  February 24, 2016, 05:29:25 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Well, none of them are really ninjas, right? They are just masked fighters. Ninjas are supposed to be quick stealthy assassins. And I'm pretty sure all of them now have a costume or variation without the mask.

Scorpion is a ninja though. Rest of them aren't.
#59  February 24, 2016, 05:32:23 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
What if MvC3 used TvC's baroque system :0

lui

#60  February 24, 2016, 05:40:57 am
    • USA
will it magically fix all the TAC infinites and make pheonix not dogshit anymore?