YesNoOk

What's your favorite super smash brothers? (Read 18582 times)

Started by ClamSlam, September 21, 2015, 08:58:43 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

What's your favorite super smash borthers?

the first
2 (5.7%)
super smash bros melee
9 (25.7%)
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
3 (8.6%)
Universe/SSB4
16 (45.7%)
what is smash brothers?
5 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Re: What's your favorite super smash brothers?
#61  September 25, 2015, 07:14:36 pm
he didn't literally mean they're brothers.

among other differences the one that stands out the most is that dr. mario has a different down special in super smash bros universe compared to mario. pichu would be much more of a clone. there's no mystery there, it's pretty basic
#62  September 25, 2015, 07:23:17 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
The real mystery is why they put DR.Mario in the game when we already have Mario. He was a clone Melee. why did anyone give a shit? they could of least picked Pichu instead. like, Dr.Mario is silly because there cannot be two Marios. Young Link is silly 'cause that was a younger version of the already playable link which means that also shouldn't be possible. Toon Link makes sense because he's in a whole other time line. Pichu makes sense because, well, this is Pokémon which means there can be more then one.
Dr. Mario was originally an alternate costume.
Sakurai had some free time, so he made them different characters instead.
Some goes for Lucy and Pittoo.
I agree that it doesn't really make sense, but then again, we also have Samus and ZSS.
Well, I guess they have different moves and playstyles.
Having Young Link in Smash 4 would actually make sense though, since he's not the same person as Link this time.
Young Link is the hero of time while Link is the hero of twilight.
#63  September 25, 2015, 07:43:18 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#64  September 25, 2015, 09:19:20 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Playstation All-Stars.
Playstation All Stars is best.
i keep finding used copies of this game everywhere. i've never played smash, would i get some enjoyment out of this if i picked it up?

From the play-throughs I watched of PS All-Stars, it seems really fun. I think you would enjoy it ^_^

Meh, it's a glitchy, inbalanced crapfest at times...

Speaking on after that note, I've wanted to comment on this for a while, so it's either Crusade, Boboboubo Boubobo - Bakuten Hajike Taisen, Shrek SuperSlam, Punch Time Explosion, or Dream Mix. Maybe Digimon Rumble Arena.

Crusade: What 4 should have been, mainly in Pac-Man's moveset. That, and Crash is fun as heck, and the glitches are fun sometimes. They really need to straighten out the boot-up glitch, though and the A.I.,. Waaaaaaay better than Flash 2.

Bobo: I've never seen the anime, but I might have to because of this. For a GBA game, it's really good for a 1 on 1 fighter. Pretty entertaining.

SuperSlam: Simply one of the greatest games to ever exist. Seriously, there's a lot of good things in this one, the glitches make it better.

CN PTE: Dexter is really cheap. Actually, most of my favorites are in it. Shame no newer era characters, or some "classics". I would've loved to punt Cow & Chicken and Finn around the screen... Another shame it was probably canned mid-way through production. If All-Stars gets a sequel, this one better.

Dream Mix: Just plain silly fun. Bomberman's just fun to blow things up with, and their health system is way better than %s.

Rumble Arena (Both): Finally, legit health bars. Really glitchy and lacks balance sometimes, though...
Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:22:43 pm by マリオ·ピザ
#65  September 25, 2015, 09:49:12 pm
#66  September 25, 2015, 09:51:41 pm
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Well While I like the Idea of Krystal, Ridley and Mach rider

The game has fucking Goku.
#67  September 25, 2015, 09:53:19 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
#68  September 25, 2015, 09:55:32 pm
then you meant a game with fun glitches
#69  September 26, 2015, 02:48:08 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
roster is fine, gameplay is terrible, impressive that they actually decided to give ness a real final smash
but what makes me angry is that evil ryu's final smash was changed from shun goku satsu to something lame.

Oh well, if only I could make a smash game.
this website is stupid
#70  September 26, 2015, 05:22:21 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Would your Smash game also be filled with hedgehog fancharacters and recolors like your mugen games?

I'm somewhat fine with Crusade. I just wish they took out the memes (such as Weegee), did something about the fact that there is 3 different Ryus, and got rid of Goku. That's just me saying, though.

Shit

lui

#71  September 26, 2015, 05:18:45 pm
    • USA
i think theres already a "sonic smash brothers" out there. i played it a couple years ago. it was shit.

i personally love Brawl for one thing: the mods. modding the shit out of brawl to include new characters and stuff was always fun for me.

SSB4 is the best however, just for how much care and love was put into it.
#72  September 26, 2015, 06:33:36 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I'm somewhat fine with Crusade. I just wish they took out the memes (such as Weegee), did something about the fact that there is 3 different Ryus, and got rid of Goku. That's just me saying, though.
Funny that you mention Weegee and Goku, because many people in the official Crusade forum actually want those two (and Tingle) to be removed as well, but the current dev team has got that stupid mentality of "every character that was playable in any version of Crusade will stay playable no matter what".
To be honest, the newest dev team of Crusade is the worst dev team when it comes to taking feedback.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns

lui

#73  September 26, 2015, 08:07:28 pm
    • USA
it would be stupid to let all that work just go to waste though
#74  September 26, 2015, 09:44:06 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Yeah, all of that work done by using JUS Goku sprites, and Mario is Missing's Weegee sprites. Who would be so stupid to waste all of that work!?

I might be able to understand scrapping Tingle (and yes, I actually like Tingle), given that he uses custom sprites, rather than just ripped shit. However, that's not the case for Goku and Weegee, not to mention neither of them don't have anything exceptional in their coding either.

Shit
#75  September 27, 2015, 08:14:10 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
*grumbles*
#76  September 27, 2015, 08:25:59 am
I've finally played Brawl like a week ago, definitely prefer Melee. Never played the other two though.
#77  September 27, 2015, 09:18:53 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Yeah, all of that work done by using JUS Goku sprites, and Mario is Missing's Weegee sprites. Who would be so stupid to waste all of that work!?

I might be able to understand scrapping Tingle (and yes, I actually like Tingle), given that he uses custom sprites, rather than just ripped shit. However, that's not the case for Goku and Weegee, not to mention neither of them don't have anything exceptional in their coding either.
It's not even because of the work that is done.
They literally only want to keep them because they were playable and that's it.
Fun fact: Weegee was not even an old leftover, but a vanity addition of a former member of the new dev team. The member was afterwards kicked out of the dev team, but Weegee stayed due to almost winning a Crusade tournament.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#78  September 27, 2015, 09:55:32 am
  • Magna Power
  • Its Hotdog time. Hot.... Dog...time...
    • neofiresonicmugen.webs.com
Sakurai should have made a 2-d Smash bros game
this website is stupid

lui

#79  September 27, 2015, 10:01:09 am
    • USA
#80  September 27, 2015, 10:08:21 am
  • Vwee?
    • USA
Delving within the depths of a castle full of evil.. or at least lost or even trapped within one.. That's where you'll find me.