YesNoOk

COTM: Nominating, Voting, and Suggestions (Read 337130 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, April 03, 2011, 06:26:45 pm
Share this topic:
Re: COTM: Nominating, Voting, and Suggestions
#61  August 07, 2014, 01:05:03 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#62  August 07, 2014, 01:07:02 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I assume this is Z2 related?

This had nothing to do with z2 I don't even know why you'd mention that.

I've seen a few months where the same author is nominated for 3-4 characters which play style and gameplay were not very different from the other. To me things like this make COTM look not as deserving a reward as it should be. It shows just throwing more quantity then quality is a good thing, which it isn't and shouldn't be. 
#63  August 07, 2014, 04:57:58 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
just used to hearing a lot of complains about it... like a lot

well if no one else objects then yeah we could implement that rule
#64  August 07, 2014, 05:06:07 pm
    • Thailand
There was literally no reason for you to think it was about Z2. Even more so since there aren't, nor has there ever been, "too many" Z2 characters by one author during any one competition. Admit you were wrong and stop making excuses.
#65  August 07, 2014, 05:08:20 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
i was just stating why i thought that, it's not really an excuse to say i wasn't wrong as it's pretty obvious I was wrong about the thing neocide mentioned
#66  August 07, 2014, 05:12:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
from the last competition i can see that race has four chars in, he got collectively 60 votes, rajaa got 30 and won with his one character.

Maybe it would be a fairer competition if there were less voting options for the same person, considering the votes would be more spread out, im not sure. Maybe he would have won instead considering someone that might have voted for his char R1 wouldnt have voted in char r2 r3 or r4 instead.
#67  August 07, 2014, 05:16:32 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I've seen a few months where the same author is nominated for 3-4 characters which play style and gameplay were not very different from the other. To me things like this make COTM look not as deserving a reward as it should be. It shows just throwing more quantity then quality is a good thing, which it isn't and shouldn't be. 
But how many times did the person who released 3-4 chars in the same month and got nominated actually won in the end ? If in the end, he gets 19 nominated chars and none of them wins, it means that quantity is not a very big factor.

People will usually vote for who they think is the best, and that's it (at least I believe so). It's like forbidding Americans to have 5 athletes in the finals of whatever athletism Olympic games, because they'd have more chances of winning. Well, good for them if they arrived in the finals to begin with. And it does'nt make the competition any less rewarding if one of them wins.
#68  August 07, 2014, 05:20:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
considering the race example he might have more chances to win with less.
#69  August 07, 2014, 05:25:11 pm
i think it's completely a nonissue because i really don't think cotm is a big deal. i suppose creators like race could have an option to eliminate nominations and narrow them down to one if they want to. the action should be on their end, not by cotm mods messaging multinomination creators because that would be a huge chore
#70  August 07, 2014, 05:29:17 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
considering the race example he might have more chances to win with less.

Yeah, that may have been true in a case but my honest opinion, I thought that would give you an advantage. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just saying. And I had no idea people were thinking it was unfair at all because no one said anything up until now publicly and the rules had nothing against it.

If you go back and look, I myself gave Rajaa a nomination vote for his Urien because I felt like he deserved it because he really did a good job on him. As he always does with everything he makes. I try to make sure others get the votes that they deserve.
#71  August 07, 2014, 05:30:50 pm
the only reason i think it's unfair is because people that get more than one nomination have a smaller chance of winning
#72  August 07, 2014, 05:32:32 pm
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
the only reason i think it's unfair is because people that get more than one nomination have a smaller chance of winning

I can see what you mean by that. But hey, if you guys decide to do a cap, then I'm cool either way. I was just saying I didn't think it was unfair at the time because I thought it would motivate people to make more stuff to increase their odds as well
#73  August 07, 2014, 05:36:31 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
it's not increasing the odds though, it's just reducing them. as Iced said, people who like your stuff will spread out their votes rather than it go into a single entry
#74  August 07, 2014, 05:37:52 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
it might also reduce the odds, for others tho.
Lets say i like race, so i vote only on his characters, less of a vote that could go elsewhere.

THEN AGAIN it might not really matter considering everyone only has two votes and they would still vote both on race chars.
#75  August 07, 2014, 05:41:43 pm
    • USA
Yea I understand completely and I agree with what both of you are saying, I was merely saying of what I thought at the time.

It does need to be fair though. Because I think there are quite a few people who think its not and I want that to change so that they too will have a chance at winning,

Also, what about the idea of someone being not being able to win right after they just won the previous month? I think that would also allow for others a chance to win too

The reason why I say this is because, If someone has fans and the fans vote for their stuff and the  creator just won the previous month because of it, then those same fans might do the same thing and the creator would win the next month and so on, and so on.

This indeed has happened before, and I think if there was a certain time span on when the next time you could win, would allow others a chance to win as well.
Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 05:50:21 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#76  August 07, 2014, 05:50:22 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
how often does it really happen such a thing that a decent creator releases things every month? that doesnt sound like something that would be feasibly negative.
#77  August 07, 2014, 05:54:24 pm
    • USA
how often does it really happen such a thing that a decent creator releases things every month? that doesnt sound like something that would be feasibly negative.

Your right, but it has happened before. I'm not saying its negative but say if someone one wins it 2 months down the line or 3, I mean it still could happen just like I said, But in case it did, I think it would be a good idea. Now on how much time that should a person have to wait, for the next time they could be nominated to win I don't know, but its only an idea. Either way, It's up to you guys and I respect whatever you decide
Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:01:23 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#78  August 07, 2014, 05:56:02 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
yeah it could happen but those chances are still really low regardless, and it's not really that bad if it does
#79  August 07, 2014, 05:57:57 pm
it happened once with bugya. it's entirely not an issue
#80  August 07, 2014, 05:59:32 pm
    • USA
It happened with Infinite as well. Well if you guys are cool with it, then everything is good then.