YesNoOk

Pink Ranger Project (Read 15375 times)

Started by TempesT, September 04, 2007, 03:05:13 pm
Share this topic:
Pink Ranger Project
#1  September 04, 2007, 03:05:13 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Ok, so this isnt even close to being considered a FULL WIP as of yet. I have a teeny weeny bit of spriting to do, then I can move on to coding and whatnot, what I need from you guys is some suggestions on what the Pink Ranger could use/have to make her unique and different. I already took some LSD(lol wut?), so I have a few ideas of my own, but if you have something to contribute, feel free to post =)

Morph (intro)

Standing Stance

Bow and Arrow (Special Attack, possible super, need fx)

Jumping forward

Air Hadouken!?!

Running

Possible throw

I was going to use this animation as an ending anim to a level three hyper where the Pink Ranger will do a large chain combo capped off with her jumping on the opponent, placing a bomb, kicking off, and doing a winpose as the bomb explodes

A Full Screen move, perhaps? Or a power charge anim

Evade

Fierce Attack

Crouching Combo

Standing two hitter LP > MP

Air hit

Dizzy/Gethit/liedown/KO anims

Winpose (for winning the round and also for the aforementioned Level 3 Hyper :) )

Any suggestions for any of the sprites at all would be very much appreciated.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:19:58 pm by TempesT
Re: Pink Ranger Project
#2  September 04, 2007, 03:10:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The arm for air hadoken is in an angle where he wouldn't be able to shoot it as Ryu usually does. Either he would shoot it as Vegeta, in a 90 degres angle. Otherwise, the animation may be used to make Pink ranger hop over his opponent, as Yang in SF3.

The evade anim may also be used, with some work, as a Guile summersault kick.
#3  September 04, 2007, 03:13:20 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Wow, I need to increase the dosage of LSD, I can't believe I didn't think of using the evade for a Somersault kick o_O

#4  September 04, 2007, 03:19:30 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Concerning the power charge + full screen super anim : the 1st part of the anim could indeed be used as a power charge, and the total anim as Gouki's Kongou Kokuretsuzan from SF3. Not a full screen super, but a very damaging one in any case.

BTW, French LSD is stronger than Canadian one, that's why. :P

DM

#5  September 04, 2007, 03:20:12 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.rickiecreations.paodemugen.com.br
Project looks nice, good luck. ;)

Do you planning a "team super", using the other rangers?  :sugoi:
#6  September 04, 2007, 03:31:48 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Project looks nice, good luck. ;)

Do you planning a "team super", using the other rangers?  :sugoi:

Oh lord. I was actually asked that a while ago by a friend... sadly the move never ever showed up in the game I'm ripping from. And editing sprites for it would be a major pain in the ass.

#7  September 06, 2007, 03:30:44 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
The one marked as "air hadoken?" reminds me more of an air throw...

The croushing combo could be a simple special like Vega/Balrog's rolling claw attack (or Ryoko's Rolling special from Fighter's History) - the rolling part could go first, and from there it'd be up to you: a command could be used to add the extra attacks, they'd be automatically performed by simply keeping the button help (I've always preferred this idea to button mashing for extra damage...).
Or the rolling and the attacks could be completely separate, of course.

What you marked as "full screen move" would do fine as something like Captain Commando's Captain Collider/Corridor, which creates a pillar of energy, excellent as an anti-air.

Actually Captain Commando may also have the answer to a Power Ranger team attack - his super involving his whole team actually involves very few sprites of his partners...
The most important point is how the attack is initiated really, since from there you can make Pink Ranger do anything that'll put the victim at the mercy of the others - for example, dashing into a string of attacks ending in a throw (you could use the throw frames with some of the winpose ones to come up with something close to what Geese Howard does in his Rashomon super) - that trow could launch the victim up, and from there the camera could focus in him/her as the other rangers fall from the air with jumping attacks  and pose as they reach the floor, jumping away from the screen as the super ends. this shouldn't require a lof of frames from the game you're ripping from, just jump frames, air attacks and maybe some posing...

Now if I could come up with something May Lee-inspired... she's one of the major tokusatsu homages in fighting games...
#8  September 06, 2007, 03:44:54 am
  • Don't care if it's a sword or an egg, put it down!
    • www.youtube.com/profile?user=CandoraAuthes
One suggestion really: Custom. Intro. With. Green. Ranger.

It just HAS to be done, really  :P
The Answer to the Ultimate Question:

For rare M.U.G.E.N. characters, click here.
#9  September 06, 2007, 04:15:27 am
  • You know it!
    • viewtiful9.blog124.fc2.com/
I dont really watch power rangers(Sentai > Power rangers) but heres some suggestions.

alist of special moves(and some i made up) Pink ranger does in Zyuranger:

Rolling Arrows(suggestion) - Shes jumps into the air and shoots mutiple arrows. it also can be done on the ground.
Turn off attack - Im not sure..
Pteranodon(Suggestion) - She jumps into her plane thing and shoots everywhere, kind of like Jins Super or you can make it like Megamans beat plan.
Howling Cannon(Suggestion) - Her Bow transforms into the team attack weapon and shoots a large blast.

Pic of Howling Cannon

I don't think this would be hard to sprite.

WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx

MCX

#10  September 06, 2007, 07:13:46 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
Nice wip
You intend to place one intro with the red or white ranger or she using her own zord?