YesNoOk

Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 06/08/2021) (Read 588341 times)

Started by tunglashor, September 20, 2010, 06:54:33 am
Share this topic:
Re: Visual Select Screen Editor (updated 16/10)
#61  October 18, 2010, 11:22:00 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
Sorry to bug you again but you should make it 1.0 compatible man.
just keep that in mind people are starting to use 1.0 a lot more
 ;)
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#62  October 18, 2010, 11:47:52 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Well, as mentioned it is 1.0 compatible; it just can't read sff2 files.  I do plan on adding support for sff2 but for the moment there are still relatively few creations out there that actually use it (even 1.0-specific characters tend to use sff1, I guess since there are more tools out there that support it).

On that subject, since I don't think I've really mentioned it before: screenpacks that use the sff2 format for the actual select screen sprites can't currently be opened at all, but characters that use it can; it's just their portraits that won't be displayed.  A 'broken image' icon is shown instead:

You can drag this around as normal and everything should work fine; the correct portrait will be displayed in Mugen.
#63  October 18, 2010, 11:54:40 pm
    • USA
ohh word.  i just thought it wasnt compatible cause i switched to 1.0 yesterday and i tried to do it with my screen pack and it said it couldnt load the motive :[
My stages folder:

#64  October 19, 2010, 12:07:02 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Was that the default screenpack that comes with Mugen 1.0?  If not then I'd be interested to know which one you were using since it might be useful for testing (I don't have any that use sff2 except the default one).
#65  October 19, 2010, 01:43:23 am
  • im finally just like everyone else
    • sites.google.com/site/thespritehaven/
I use SFF2 to make all of my screenpacks since it's easier, that's why I need it. Does this support 1280 res? I haven't tested it due to the SFF2 problem.

fucking bad poster asshole that home32 bitch
#66  October 19, 2010, 02:21:32 pm
  • Participate, be a part.
#67  October 19, 2010, 05:15:54 pm
  • AKU SOKU ZAN
excellent tool..how about adding an option to add all the chars in the char folder to the select
if monkeys could fly we would all be in shit
#68  October 19, 2010, 06:09:11 pm
  • I move beyond the speed of soul
    • desmondolds.webs.com/
This  in combination with the stage viewer.67 and youll never go into your data folder ever again...unless you have some other problems with your mugen engine..both for win and 1.0

Pretty much you made one of the best via tolls used on the mugen engine..(not to give you too much credit..but you do deserve it)
Usually..it would take me several hours to do all of that manually when not it only takes about 2-3 hours max to complete this with your tool and stageviewer .67

:twisted:
U my good sir are a perfect tool of what mugen add-ons should have..hope to see more of your works in the future
#69  October 21, 2010, 05:14:01 am
I was just going to ask if you could put a button for HD mugen in there. I'm not sure how much trouble it would be. The dimensions are just hires mugen X 2 Height/Length, so 1280 X 960? If it's trivial, I'd like to request this. I know most people who deal with it are dummies (Vyx), but I made my own screenpack. Thanks =)
グラスを食べるが痛くない。
#70  October 21, 2010, 04:16:17 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Thanks for the support, all  :)

Does this support 1280 res?
Yes, it should handle any resolution supported by Mugen.

excellent tool..how about adding an option to add all the chars in the char folder to the select
Thanks.  And yes, I'm working on something that should make this possible...

I was just going to ask if you could put a button for HD mugen in there. I'm not sure how much trouble it would be. The dimensions are just hires mugen X 2 Height/Length, so 1280 X 960? If it's trivial, I'd like to request this. I know most people who deal with it are dummies (Vyx), but I made my own screenpack. Thanks =)
HD Mugen?  As in Mugen 1.0?  That's supported already; the resolution should be picked up from your mugen.cfg file. 
#71  October 21, 2010, 04:18:34 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
HD Mugen?  As in Mugen 1.0?  That's supported already; the resolution should be picked up from your mugen.cfg file. 
No, he means as "BrokenMugen HD", the shitty hack that doubles Winmugen Plus' resolution, promoted by a bunch of thieves. This hack should just die (well, it is already), so no, don't add any support for it.
#72  October 21, 2010, 05:17:52 pm
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Oh that!  I'd forgotten about it completely.  I never realised anyone actually used it!
No, I don't think I'll be adding any "real pixel size ;P" support but I guess you could try adding "GameWidth = 1280" and "GameHeight = 960" to the Config section of your mugen.cfg, and "localcoord = 1280,960" to your system.def's Info section, and see if that works.  Alternatively: switch to Mugen 1.0 like everyone else :yes:
#73  October 21, 2010, 10:58:57 pm
    • USA
My stages folder:

#74  October 22, 2010, 03:43:08 am
Is a very good tool! The only problem that i have, is that when u trying 2 use it with very small screenpack that hold allot characters like the one i'm using right now that holds over 800 characters and the select boxes are very small. Is very hard to drag and drop bc it keeps grabing the wrong charcters and the one that u don't one to move anywhere. I had a very hard time grabing the corect character and the one that i needed to relocate bc of this.
#75  October 22, 2010, 04:08:37 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
Hmm, yes, it's a bit of a problem with those huge select screens.  I'll look at adding some kind of a zoom feature when I have a minute (it's on the suggestions list ;))
#76  October 22, 2010, 04:43:37 am
I will try that. Why does the actual BrokenMugen engine get so much hate anyway lol. I know the people who promote it are retards (must be that), but before Mugen 1.0 came out it was definitely the best select screen possible, plus it will work with all my crud without having to hack it up, as opposed to Mugen 1.0. @_@.

Anyway, I tried the tool with another more normal Mugen build, I really like it. Hope I can get it to work right with my hacky build.

Edit: Ahh, didn't work. Should just seeing those lines trigger the program reading the sff's and rendering them like it's mugen 1.0? And really, it would probably just take a copy and paste plus a find replace and make clean and build to make it work with BrokenMugen, but I guess I can support not supporting it just because Vyx is a cunt lol.
グラスを食べるが痛くない。
Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:01:51 am by Starwarznut
#77  October 22, 2010, 05:06:38 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
I never actually tried it myself so I don't know if there's any reason for its bad rep other than the behaviour of, let's say, certain indivduals associated with it...  ahem.  Anyway I tried adding those parameters to a standard WinMugen mugen.cfg and system.def and it seems to ignore them without crashing, so hopefully the same will apply with the hacked version.  Good luck!
Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:14:41 am by tunglashor
#78  October 22, 2010, 05:13:08 am
Ok, now that definitely worked, though everyone's head is gigantic lol. Thanks a lot for your hard work on this. I have wanted to see something like this for years.

Edit: Got it to work! Had to scale the small portraits to .25, .25, sadly that effects the actual game lol.

Edit+: Yea, I could give everyone fake local coords with a sh script or something, but this seems easier. Wish it could be overridden with a fake parameter, but I don't want to ask you to stick weird 2 lines of code in xD. Plus mugen is perfectly happy with all the other invalid things I just stuck in, which is probably why I'm still using BrokenMugen as opposed to Mugen 1.0. It's not like people are going to update most of this stuff, and it's a lot of work cleaning someone else's code.

Looks great!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
グラスを食べるが痛くない。
Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 05:31:29 am by Starwarznut
#79  October 22, 2010, 05:19:54 am
  • Snake Man
    • tunglashor.webnode.com
My pleasure, I'm glad it's proving useful.  About the portraits... ah yes, I guess you'd also have to add localcoord parameters to each character's .def file as well...

SNT

#80  October 22, 2010, 05:21:08 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

Incompatible SFF version.  Using RC8 big motif, everything else unchanged.