YesNoOk

Commission Artist Advertisements (Read 17991 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, March 21, 2013, 03:48:10 am
Share this topic:
Commission Artist Advertisements
#1  March 21, 2013, 03:48:10 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
This is NOT to ask for commission work. Post in this thread only if you are offering Commission work. You must also post a link to your graphics thread that shows off your works and gives info about your rates.

So yes, before you post here you should already have a thread showcasing your works in Graphics.

This thread is merely a portal to more easily find commission artists.

balmsold
Balthazar
Ink

Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:51:48 pm by Just No Point
Re: Commission Artist Advertisements
#2  March 24, 2013, 10:40:13 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 10:45:41 pm by ink
#3  March 25, 2013, 10:50:36 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
#4  March 26, 2013, 12:29:27 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Sprite, animation and portrait work, with a concentration on SF3 (CPS3).

Able to work in all styles.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/inktrebuchets-commission-thread-144004.msg1626845.html

Wait, you're open again? Does this mean you finally fixed that computer problem and finished my commission from more than six months ago???

EDIT:

I don't want this to sound like a jab out of nowhere, so I'm just going to say what happened.

Basically, practically the day after that thread went up, I asked if ink was interested in doing a super portrait for Terezi Pyrope, and if he was limited to Street Fighter III style. He offered to take up the commission, and asked what style I wanted my character in. Since I love Big Bang Beat's art style, I asked if he could use the portraits as a guide on how to do it. He agreed, and I gave him the required $15 as he asked for.

A few days later, he gave me some sketches of Terezi, and I fell in love with his style, and was very excited to see what he could come up with. He even offered to finish two of the sketches on his demo sheet for no extra charge. Naturally I was really excited by this, and couldn't wait to see the results.

Well, about a month went by, so I asked him how progress was. He apologized and said his computer died, but he was going to get a new one by the end of the day and get back to work on it. I shrugged it off since I myself was having computer problems, so any work on Terezi was going to be limited. Two months went by since that exchange, so I asked him again how the progress was. Again he apologized, but this time, he told me his tablet was broken and he had to borrow a friend's. I was starting to get a little suspicious at this point, but hey, it's natural for computer equipment to break too.

So can you guess how long I waited before firing off another checkup PM? 3 months. Note how I kept extending how long it took for me to check on him between PM's. This was because I felt that maybe he needed time to get enough funds to get replacement parts. Surely he would have something by now!

His response basically said he'd have "a little more to go," and that he would have it ready by the end of the week. This was two weeks ago. Then a week ago, he apologized again and said that he was going to finish it in the next few days. Well, it's been over a week.

Now if you think this is a dick move on my part, well, I'd like to once again restate that I was waiting six months for two portraits. In that amount of time, Rolento made all of Terezi's gethits and a bunch of easter egg stuff that will be used. If you think comparing spriting to drawing portraits is unfair, I'll do an art comparison. I found one of the original artists for Rage of the Dragons, and he did my commission in a week (not to mention he also sent me the original .PSD file)!

So do I hate ink? Of course not. The man's artwork is great, and he's definitely a talented individual. But I will never do business with him again.
Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:19:53 pm by Macho Jango
#5  March 26, 2013, 12:52:08 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
Update on ink
#6  March 29, 2013, 10:13:42 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Hi, I am posting to confirm that after this whole debacle, ink did finish the portrait. However, I am not removing my original post, as doing so would imply that this series of events didn't happen. If any of the mods disagree with my stance on this event, they are free to remove that post, but I personally am not touching it.

Thank you for your time.
Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:25:03 pm by BatJango
#7  March 29, 2013, 10:39:14 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Did he also refund the money as stated? Something like that might help someone decide whether to use his services or not.
New #8  March 29, 2013, 10:48:02 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Not yet but that's mostly because I didn't send him my paypal e-mail yet (although I was under the impression that you could look up your payments history on Paypal, but whatev). I'll update on the situation if/when it happens.

EDIT: Sent my e-mail address to him.

Posted: March 30, 2013, 07:01:34 pm
Got the refund a few hours ago.
Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:01:34 pm by BatJango