YesNoOk

Capcom Responds toComplaints: No Distinction Between DLC And DiscLocked Content (Read 1955 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, April 02, 2012, 02:23:07 pm
Share this topic:
Capcom Responds toComplaints: No Distinction Between DLC And DiscLocked Content
#1  April 02, 2012, 02:23:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
While most major sites are sitting around their cushy leather chairs demeaning gamers with ridiculous five-minute editorials starting or ending with this year's overused keyword, "entitlement", gamers and fed-up consumers have been going to the Better Business Bureau about the rising tide of consumer mistreatment from companies like Electronic Arts and Capcom.

In the case of Capcom, they've actually responded to some of these complaints and their response has always been the same: There's no distinction between downloadable content and disc-locked content. In other words, expect to get screwed some more in future releases.

There have been numerous complaints filed with the Better Business Bureau regarding Capcom's latest antics involving the disc-locked content for Street Fighter X Tekken, several consumers received the following response from Capcom, which is verbatim of the Better Business Bureau's case # 57217509, where Capcom says...

"At Capcom, we value our customers and make every effort to resolve customer complaints. We are sorry to hear that [censored] was so disappointed with the Street Fighter x Tekken game (''SFxT''), and would like to respond to his complaints.

SFxT has an enormous amount of content, fully developed and available for play and enjoyment immediately on-disc. Given the 38 characters available for full play, as well as multiple play modes, SFxT provides great value for all players from day one. While Capcom is sorry that some of its fans are not happy about the chosen method of delivery for the DLC, we believe that this method will provide more flexible and efficient gameplay throughout the game's lifecycle. There is effectively no distinction between the DLC being ''locked'' behind the disc and available for unlocking at a later date, or being available through a full download at a later date, other than delivery mechanism.
    We hope that this addresses [censored]' concerns. "

For the most part, Capcom makes it known that disc-locked content is par for downloadable content. Seemingly, to them, completed content stored on the disc is no different than content released for a game post-launch that you receive off a server. In such terms, we almost have to ask then: how much DLC in past games was legitimately DLC and simply not content stored on servers until the appropriated date?

While hackers revealed that Jill and Shuma Gorath from Marvel Vs Capcom 3 were incomplete until the download was made available, given Capcom's pass on disc-locked content and downloadable content being different, does it mean it was completed and stripped from the game the same way that the content was for Street Fighter X Tekken and Asura's Wrath?

Those who initially filed complaints were unsatisfied with the results and have sought to amend their complaints. This rings especially in favor for the lack of advertised features for the Xbox 360, such as pair-play, which enables gamers to locally team up and play cooperatively online.

So far, Capcom has yet to issue a response to the Better Business Bureau on the lack of pair-play and why the feature was advertised but not implemented. For the rest of the community, we were fed the unsubstantiated truth that the team ran out of time and resources, even though they had more than enough time to include additional Gems, preset combos for each of the characters, 12 extra fighters, two alternate outfits for all 50 characters and 56 locked colors. That's not to mention that before that Capcom blamed Microsoft and the Xbox 360 for the lack of pair-play, which simply was not true.

While Capcom has been behind some popular titles as a publisher, this blatant disregard for consumer value basically lets us know that they're in it to win it, and consumer satisfaction obviously isn't the prize.

Stay classy, Capcom. Stay classy.

source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Capcom-Responds-BBB-Complaints-Distinction-Between-DLC-Disc-Locked-Content-41021.html

hey guys..how does it feel being treated like a milk cow by game companies?

be it capcom..activision ea.. it doesnt matter but they fuck you and the most of us gamers thank them for that and pay 80+ dollars for a "complete" game experience now when it was 40-60 dollars till the current console generation.

;-)
Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 02:31:57 pm by GBK667
Re: Capcom Responds toComplaints: No Distinction Between DLC And DiscLocked Content
#2  April 02, 2012, 02:29:27 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's too bad that April Fool's day is over.  This article would be the perfect target for a butthurt image macro.  It doesn't deserve much more thought than that.
Re: Capcom Responds toComplaints: No Distinction Between DLC And DiscLocked Content
#3  April 02, 2012, 02:32:56 pm
are those mugen palettes
#4  April 02, 2012, 02:38:03 pm
    • USA
     Poor Capcom. ~         

#5  April 02, 2012, 02:39:02 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
#6  April 02, 2012, 02:42:10 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
one-tone jpg guy

looks fun
#7  April 02, 2012, 02:44:08 pm
#8  April 02, 2012, 02:49:52 pm
    • USA
     Poor Capcom. ~         

fyi i tolerated this bullshit because it was april fools but you can cut it out right this instant

I was doing this a bit before April Fool's Day, dear. And besides, I'm doing nothing wrong but posting and speaking my opinions on topics. It's not like I am saying anything derogatory of the like to you good individuals. ~       
#9  April 02, 2012, 02:52:56 pm
cool i dont really give a shit if you were doing it before april fools. stop it. this is an order
#10  April 02, 2012, 02:58:36 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Kind of derailing the topic, but titiln, are you commenting on Navana's post (which is of mediocre quality but not harmful whatsoever) or on the font/color (which is annoying, but there's no rule against that) ?
#11  April 02, 2012, 02:59:44 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
There should be.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#12  April 02, 2012, 03:00:26 pm
i'm talking about the dumb formatting. there's no rule against that in the same vein that most forums don't have rules against dumb bullshit like Please don't post OAOSFG"QITU#)"=I&T)"#UI!#)HTJ!#)&H on threads! or Please don't post using Big Font only! because these things should be obvious
#13  April 02, 2012, 10:12:03 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#14  April 03, 2012, 12:13:18 am
  • SNK is life
+ Marancv's SF3-Filtered-into-CVS Alex
#15  April 03, 2012, 01:39:49 am
  • You don't know enehthin.
Welp, i'm definietly not buying anything else from Capcom after this.  --; Dammit I want my Ragecomic emoticons back...
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#16  April 03, 2012, 01:55:43 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Well, if you summarize what Capcom is doing, they're simply trying to make money. Yeah, it sucks with all of the lying that obviously caught BBB's attention.

Capcom did this back in the day when arcades reigned with Champion Edition, Turbo, Super and Super Turbo. Street Fighter 4 also suffered the same fate, as did Marvel VS Capcom 3. If you look what happened to Sega recently, Capcom is looking to make a quick buck to generate business. And were the ones who are paying for it as were fans who love the content. I'm awaiting tomorrow as well.

If Capcom wasn't as shady and obviously handling all of this in an idiotic manner, maybe I would have been cool with their business practices.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.

MDD

#17  April 03, 2012, 02:04:07 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
A lot of game companies do this shit. I don't know what people only give Capcom shit for it.
#18  April 03, 2012, 02:12:51 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#19  April 03, 2012, 02:13:51 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
A lot of game companies do this shit. I don't know what people only give Capcom shit for it.

That's because it's Capcom so it's cool to hate them it's hilarious someone actually filed a compliant about this instead of just not buying the game.
#20  April 03, 2012, 02:22:32 am
i'd be hard pressed to find a company doing something as bullshitty as what capcom did in sfxt. content (significant content) in a disc that is not available for 6 months unless you're a hacker. the way they lied about it and the way they blamed microsoft for the lack of local coop didn't do them any favors