Re: Linne by Websta
#2  February 08, 2016, 03:01:58 pm
    • USA
YEEEEES
#3  February 08, 2016, 04:09:47 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
Peforming Kannagi causes the Super BG to say on screen, it also happens to Kannagi - Homura Issen with the glowing effect of her sword, backdrop of the city, and I assume the Super BG as well.
#4  February 08, 2016, 04:22:23 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
That's weird, I'm not getting anything like that. anyway I can recreate that problem?
#5  February 08, 2016, 04:30:57 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I literally didn't do anything special. I just did the move and all the stuff I mentioned just stayed on screen. Here's some pics for you to show what I mean.

After using Kannagi:

After using Kannaga - Homura Issen

I am using 1.1 by the way.
#6  February 08, 2016, 04:33:53 pm
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com
Are there any chance updating the other HD French Bread characters as of the latest update games UNIST & DBFCI?
#7  February 08, 2016, 04:49:50 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
#8  February 08, 2016, 05:46:45 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
I'm using 1.1a. I honestly didn't know there was another version of 1.1 lol.
#9  February 08, 2016, 07:09:55 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
... why are your characters so small, proportionally?

Actually scratch that:  The actual hell is wrong with this scaling.

[Size]
xscale = 0.33
yscale = 0.33

localcoord = 420

Holy hell.  I mean, character is fun and smooth as butter to play, but the portraits are too small, and so is the character.  Why isn't the whole character scaled with localcoord properly?  The average user can't even use FF to fix this because the effect scale will get screwed up, not to mention seth cuts himself in half in the winpose if you decrease his scaling.

I REALLY like your characters, and I would like to use them, but I don't have the first clue how to make them work properly on 720p.  The fact that you constructed them around a 0.33 scale means the guesswork in doing so is.... aggravating to say the least.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:30:34 pm by -Greed-
#10  February 08, 2016, 08:17:55 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
-Greed- Only thing you have to do is remove the localcoord = 420 and it scales the character automatically
#11  February 08, 2016, 08:31:13 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
-Greed- Only thing you have to do is remove the localcoord = 420 and it scales the character automatically

Character is too LARGE in that instance.  The only thing I can thing of trying is essentially reducing the localcoord until the character looks to be around the right height, then find the correct portrait sizes... through trial and error. 

AKA re-edit the portrait in gimp pixel by pixel until you find the perfect size.

The long and short it is that local coord is a goddamn headache.

GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#12  February 08, 2016, 08:33:35 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com

Character is too LARGE in that instance.  The only thing I can thing of trying is essentially reducing the localcoord until the character looks to be around the right height, then find the correct portrait sizes... through trial and error. 

Alright try  localcoord = 320;400. This method also worked for me.
#13  February 08, 2016, 08:40:21 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Alright, will give it a shot

Whoah, does that scale the portraits and the character separately? 
#14  February 08, 2016, 08:43:53 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Alright, will give it a shot

Whoah, does that scale the portraits and the character separately? 

I believe it probably does both and I am wondering why this character is giving you so much problems since I am using Noz Legacy Custom Sp.
#15  February 08, 2016, 09:11:10 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Are you playing on 720p as well?  Because I don't know how else to fix this XD
#16  February 08, 2016, 09:18:38 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Are you playing on 720p as well?  Because I don't know how else to fix this XD

Yes I am playing on 720p, and Websta characters has been playing fine for me since I removed the localcoord or use the alternative localcoord = 320;400. Its probably the screenpack it self that is causing this.you could try contacting Noz to see if he can help you resolve this problem.
#17  February 08, 2016, 09:23:27 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Well, the thing is, with your new localcoord, stuff is... mostly okay, but then I have a few oddities.

Shizuo is really, REALLY freaking tall like this.
#18  February 08, 2016, 09:31:09 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Well, the thing is, with your new localcoord, stuff is... mostly okay, but then I have a few oddities.

Shizuo is really, REALLY freaking tall like this.

Huh I don't know about Shizuo case, but the rest of the characters should work fine. Do you want to see screenshots of the characters in my sp?
#19  February 08, 2016, 09:39:57 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Yeah, and put them next to standard rez characters for comparison too.
#20  February 08, 2016, 09:52:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
...um, websta's characters are hi res. so yes they are gonna be tall.
#21  February 08, 2016, 10:09:04 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
#22  February 08, 2016, 11:34:07 pm
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
Hey Websta is there any way to make the power gauge increase faster with your characters? They tend to gain it slow compared to my other mugen characters.
#23  February 09, 2016, 12:09:05 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Close as I can figure from testing, proper localcoord with these characters at 0.33 scale is around... oh, somewhere from 360-370.  370 places Hyde a few pixels shorter than Ryu, which is about right in my mind.  For the life of me though, there has to be a better way to find portrait sizes than trial and error.

#24  February 09, 2016, 06:13:42 am
    • USA
I had a similar problem too, and this is what I did. I used it on Linne, Seth, and Shizuro. In the def file, I removed the localcord line entirely, or you could just but a semicolon in front if you want. Next in the characters' CNS files under size towards the top, I made the x-scale and the y-scale both .3. While the slashes and whatnot aren't perfectly aligned anymore, it's not as noticeable. This also means that the characters can still use standard size portraits.

Now in Seth's case, this completely messed up his win animation, since his upper half and lower half are separate sprites for some reason. What you'll need to do is go to state 181 and go to the first [State 0, Explod]. Where it says scale, change both values to .3, so it should read scale = .3,.3.

This is what they'd look like in game. I used Ken as a reference since he's pretty much the average fighter height. Linne's still shorter since she's a loli, and Shizuro is just a tall guy.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#25  February 09, 2016, 06:25:20 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
im not having a scaling problem for mine. Websta's characters have always been the correct size for me and Linne's no different. She scales fine compared to my other chars.

Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:38:29 am by ♡Alice♡
#26  February 09, 2016, 06:43:28 am
    • USA
I'm guessing that all your characters already have a custom localcoord right?
#27  February 09, 2016, 06:58:51 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Eyup, 432,243~

S'probably why. Since i use a SP with custom ports that require that Localcoord.
#28  February 09, 2016, 09:49:10 am
  • Dead Weight
  • Where'd all the motivation go?
    • Philippines
    • Skype - DerEthereal
I had a similar problem too, and this is what I did. I used it on Linne, Seth, and Shizuro. In the def file, I removed the localcord line entirely, or you could just but a semicolon in front if you want. Next in the characters' CNS files under size towards the top, I made the x-scale and the y-scale both .3. While the slashes and whatnot aren't perfectly aligned anymore, it's not as noticeable. This also means that the characters can still use standard size portraits.

Now in Seth's case, this completely messed up his win animation, since his upper half and lower half are separate sprites for some reason. What you'll need to do is go to state 181 and go to the first [State 0, Explod]. Where it says scale, change both values to .3, so it should read scale = .3,.3.

This is what they'd look like in game. I used Ken as a reference since he's pretty much the average fighter height. Linne's still shorter since she's a loli, and Shizuro is just a tall guy.

This also (slightly) breaks Hyde's Raging Roar (Lore?) effects. Nitpicking at this point, but at this point anything may help.
Tested on 4:3. Not sure if it's still there on 16:9.
#29  February 09, 2016, 10:10:02 am
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com

I am using 1.1 by the way.

You using 1.1b?

Are there any chance updating the other HD French Bread characters as of the latest update games UNIST & DBFCI?

If shit becomes available then maybe

Only DBFCI that is available + renewing chain shift burst during combo like in UNIST does is way too easy like i'd edit the velocity before for your HD French Bread characters

Anyway, about the new Shizuo sprites I send it to you within the sprites file?
Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:18:38 am by LarsAlexandersson
#30  February 09, 2016, 03:15:42 pm
  • WOLUFUFUFU♪
    • Thailand
    • sryutaro.wixsite.com/ryutarofuture

Fast Attack! Very Hard :D
#31  February 09, 2016, 05:31:13 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!

This also (slightly) breaks Hyde's Raging Roar (Lore?) effects. Nitpicking at this point, but at this point anything may help.
Tested on 4:3. Not sure if it's still there on 16:9.

It's stuff like this that makes me wish we had a solid way to find portrait sizes since Localcoord scales EVERYTHING properly. 

The easiest method I've found so far is this

-Makes an image, 320x240  Doesn't matter what

-Select a rectangular area that is 140x120 on it in an image editing program like Gimp, or Photoshop.

-Scale up the image to the resolution you want to use; the rectangle will scale with it.

-Crop to selection to find the size