YesNoOk

cheapest chars from street fighter series (Read 18740 times)

Started by [(_sourlucas_)]>, August 18, 2007, 04:57:10 am
Share this topic:
Re: cheapest chars from street fighter series
#41  September 04, 2007, 09:59:11 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Then I have many low-tiers in KOF. :sadgoi:
#42  September 04, 2007, 10:02:02 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I know people that wreck with Low Tier characters... if you've played me in KOF, you'd wonder how I would lose against a bottom tier Chin... but its happened, because the guy I was playing was skilled at it.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#43  September 04, 2007, 12:45:41 pm
Mine:

Dhalsim
Gill
M.Bison

#44  September 06, 2007, 02:35:58 am
  • mm music
    • mugenxero.deviantart.com
For those who argue tiers don't exist, Super Turbo, Gouki is his own tier and that tier is so vastly higher than the others that its practically outlawed. Players of even relatively even skill levels one Gouki and one not, Gouki will win.

I have many names, 
                            Chrisis X is my current sig :P

mugenxero.deviantart.com = Me
#45  September 06, 2007, 07:55:46 am
Ken will always be better than Ryu in SF3 its a fact.
Ken fares better against the rest of the roster, but last time I checked, Ryu VS. Ken is quite a equal fight with barely any tier differences to seperate them.

And about tiers not existing? Well, it depends on the game.

You can argue that there are some games where tiers are more or less unimportant and some games where tiers may be very important or even dominating competitive play. But this is Street Fighter, and saying that tiers are subjective, or non-existent is like saying ... well, I can't think of anything remotely interesting to write here, but you get the point. Tiers are -there- in games like SF, and once you step up into a higher level of play, you can't deny it.
#46  September 06, 2007, 05:15:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I know people that wreck with Low Tier characters... if you've played me in KOF, you'd wonder how I would lose against a bottom tier Chin... but its happened, because the guy I was playing was skilled at it.

Chin has always been high tier, just unpopular.  --;
#47  September 13, 2007, 07:05:49 am
  • My college nickname was bi pod
Dhalsim from Xmen vs SF counts?  ???
Welcome to Alu's world !! :D

#48  September 13, 2007, 05:45:07 pm
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
in SF 2 World Warrior:
-Blanka
if you have the "cracked" version for Super nes (Bosses are playable)
will be:
M.Bison
SagaT
Vega

CE:
M.Bison

SFZ3:
Shin gouki(I played with HIm on PSx version)
Super BIson (is not playable...but...)

SF3:
-GILL!

VS series:
-Mech Gouki
-Abyss
-Onslaught

-CVS
-M.BIson
-Shin Gouki
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#49  September 15, 2007, 09:57:35 pm
Mine would have to be Guile in SF2 and I think Sagat can also be cheap with all that Tiger spamming. But i guess most can be cheap in their own way, especially if they are controlled by the computer.
#50  September 15, 2007, 11:26:02 pm
  • mm music
    • mugenxero.deviantart.com
at least most computers are stale and predictable, fighting a human with a character they know how to use is often much cheaper.

I have many names, 
                            Chrisis X is my current sig :P

mugenxero.deviantart.com = Me
#51  September 15, 2007, 11:42:14 pm
in games like SF, and once you step up into a higher level of play, you can't deny it.

*steps up level of play*  :angel: I have reached enlightenment

Cheapest street fighter characters... hmmmm

Gill

SF2 Super duper shin gouki, not only does he kill vega/bison before you face him, he also lives off the double zankuus

Can't really think of any other that are cheap

Also regarding tiers of character, yes there are absolutely tiers of characters. This can be shown by having two people of equal skills with their respective characters face off. In SF3 if theres a good ken player and a good sean player, the ken player will win, no doubt. Hence there are tiers!!

I always shine!
#52  September 16, 2007, 01:09:53 am
  • mirror, mirror...
    • www.poland.pl/
mmm..I think...characters like Ryu or Ken are not cheap...
When you play against another human is needed to be careful...obviously if I jump against him or commit mistakes using special I will be crushed...
i remember in SF 2 when I Jumped (p2 was Ken) and he used strong Kick(roundhouse) and I can't jump against him..or Shoryuken...

against other human is really different than against a CPu foe..or..I Winned by time Over...
in cases like Mech Gouki is not the same...you can win really easy..and GUile is very slow and you need to put "Down, back" to use his specials...
dhalsim in sf 2 can be powerful...maybe.by his damage..
.in SVC he SUCK...
-I hate haters and S.o.S chars.....
-time to migrate from winmugen...
#53  September 16, 2007, 02:18:00 am
  • duwa duwa
no ones really THAT cheap when you think about it. of course theres tiers for any kind of game. for sf 2 is different since mostly some characters counter others. like vega is godlike but a dhalsim can pretty much destroy him dpends though. as for my cheap characters.  guile is really hard to beat actually.

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up

hjk

#54  September 16, 2007, 04:04:05 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Universal to Every God Damn Street Fighter Game Out

Ryu - Hi, I can spam Hadouken after Hadouken and take chunk of your health in a single, invulnerable shoryuken. I basically have no real AI

SF3 - Ken - aka Bro'Ken:

Overly Dominant priority attacks.
Able to go from Invuln Lie down, to Invuln Shoryuken.
OVERPOWERED!!!
Overly simplified control type.
Long ass range
Invulnerabilities exists within many of his basic attacks
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#55  September 16, 2007, 04:07:01 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Able to go from Invuln Lie down, to Invuln Shoryuken.
Whooptydoo, all chars can do that. :P
Not necessarily Shoryuken, but all chars have invulnerable attacks they can use as they get up, e.g. all supers have that property.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#56  September 16, 2007, 04:16:55 am
You have no idea what you're talking about.

SF2 Ryu is not cheap. He's an all around solid character that doesn't even come near the category of 'cheap'.

SF3 Ken is not broken. No where near broken. He's not even the best character in the game (though he's not far off).

Ryu is for the most part, a stronger character than Ken in SF3. Though Ryu is not as good as Ken, he's undoubtedly stronger, so 'overpowered' is out of the argument. As for Ken having long range, I have no idea what you're talking about. His normals mostly are the same as Ryu's/Gouki's and his different and command normals don't have long range at all. Shoryu Reppa is just Messatsu Gou Shoryu, but they both suck in terms of safety and range and no one uses them. Shinryuken has no range. Shippu Jinrai has 'range' but that's definitely not what it's known for.

And there are no invulnerabilities in his Shoryken or basic attacks. I don't know if you've even played SF3, but invulnerability for Shoryuken was removed and the only part where the shotos can't get hit out of it now is the fist area. It still has good priority, but it's far from the beastly attack it was in SF2.

'Overly simplified control type'? What? SF games have always followed those commands. So I guess from your 'observations', Ken would be 'broken' in every game he appears in because I don't know if you've ever noticed but shotos NEVER CHANGE COMMANDS.

And btw, doing a special out of a non-neutral state is called a reversal. Play SF.
#57  September 16, 2007, 05:20:06 am
  • duwa duwa
ryu doesn't have much chains in third strike he is more harder to play wit.even though he does have more stronger basics and can be okay when connected with denjin hadoken. ken is overall a better character in sf3. and since when does ai matter in a fighting game they're mad useless?........seriously

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#58  September 16, 2007, 05:37:13 am
  • Read what I'm pointing at, damnit!
1)Sagat (Dear gawd he pisses me off)
2)Morrigan (Does almost the same exact thing as Sagat)
3)E. Honda (Does that damn flying body slam move all the time)
4)Rock (counter everything, does anti-air hyper whenever possible)

Note that I only got this list from CvS2, since I play that one the most :P
#59  September 16, 2007, 05:55:04 am
2)Morrigan (Does almost the same exact thing as Sagat)
4)Rock (counter everything, does anti-air hyper whenever possible)
They aren't Street Fighter.
#60  September 16, 2007, 05:59:17 am
  • Read what I'm pointing at, damnit!