YesNoOk

Kof needs more FOXY and Diana!  (Read 13825 times)

Started by †KillerMondless†, April 05, 2009, 12:15:59 am
Share this topic:
Re: Kof needs more FOXY and Diana!
#41  April 09, 2009, 12:13:54 am
Diana one of the most interesting characters designed ? Eh, that's... really subjective. she doesn't have anything that appeals to be in any way - and anyway, it doesn't seem she's geared toward fighting, not everyone has to be a fighting beast :P
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#42  April 09, 2009, 12:48:48 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
For me she is rather ugly, not as much as foxy but still ugly and her fencing is unsatisfying.
#43  April 09, 2009, 12:55:58 am
  • SNK is life
by fencing you mean... ?
#44  April 09, 2009, 01:06:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
sword fighting techniques.
#45  April 09, 2009, 01:16:23 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
We've never seen her fight beyond Kula's moves.
Maybe two or three-shot, whatever
#46  April 09, 2009, 01:43:40 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Again, latest KOFs are full of one shot-characters, this isn't new.

Remember Lin's Hizoku buddies? Yeah, the ones that appear in his winpose. Then we have Gai, Jyazu, Hayate, Silber, the Sports team, etc.
#47  April 09, 2009, 01:56:13 am
Gai, Jyazu, Hayate, Silber
well they're cameos from other games so they don't have the backstory problem that was mentionned. But the Hizoku, the Bernstein kids and "those from the past", yeah.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#48  April 09, 2009, 02:21:34 am
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#49  April 09, 2009, 05:28:49 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Um...  The Sports Team wasn't a one shot.  They appeared in '94 and '98.  They're one shot in terms of story, but they actually have the privilege of "returning" to a KOF game, even though it's not cannon.

This is the way I see it:

Ralf -> Clark
Mature -> Vice
Foxy -> Diana

Even though she wasn't the hottest, she would've probably made for an interesting character.  Foxy was interesting.  Not great, but that's just an opinion. 

But if you wanna talk about characters SNK missed the boat on during KOF's MVS days...  Let's talk Raiden!  lol.
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#50  April 09, 2009, 05:56:38 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
That video was interesting.

Um...  The Sports Team wasn't a one shot.
I know that.
Read the subject of my previous message, the point is, one/two shot characters (three would be stretching it quite a bit, maybe) still count as extremely "underused in KOF" and well...that concept isn't new.
#51  April 09, 2009, 04:45:42 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#52  April 09, 2009, 04:48:23 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Diana's fighting style can be seen in the King of Fighters 2 pachinko game, as an enemy.

edit : i don't check youtube links often, sue me
|
|
V
Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 05:01:20 pm by K.O.D
#53  April 09, 2009, 04:49:59 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Well yeah, that's what Water Dimension linked to. She has some butterfly-like powers similar to Luise.
#54  April 09, 2009, 09:15:08 pm
  • Nothing Can Touch Me...but Patrone...and your mom
When "we" release Diana next week you all will know the difference in their attacks.

P.S.- Theres nothing ugly about Diana or Foxy, Their Brazillion  :sugoi:.....I think?
Somewhere out in the world.....Method Man is getting a pedicure....And the Asian lady is asking him..."Do you want Unicorns or Musical Notes"....

#55  April 09, 2009, 09:19:23 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Foxy is Venezuelan and IIRC Diana is English.
#56  April 09, 2009, 10:22:35 pm
Somewhere out in the world.....Method Man is getting a pedicure....And the Asian lady is asking him..."Do you want Unicorns or Musical Notes"....

#57  April 13, 2009, 06:37:54 pm
  • and the show goes on
i have not the ability to make sprites or code, that's not fair!  :'(
If i had the ability, there would be a nice to play Diana.
made of ripped hearts waving far away,
only my memory stays still, as i say.
Looking to sky,
oh, how many people wished to fly?
i don't know,
beacuse life's harshness is a mainpart of god's show
#58  April 15, 2009, 11:15:38 pm
  • Candy Princess
    • www.youtube.com/user/LaMissFa1ry
Dianna would probably be a very difficult character to sprite since the only reference you have in full character form would be Foxy. (Who's sprites really look very little like Diana despite them using the same fighting style)

It always struck me as strange Dianna never got made playable considering what an important character she was in the N.E.S.T.S saga. Even more strange considering an unimportant character (Foxy) was made playable instead. :S

#59  April 15, 2009, 11:30:02 pm
Dianna would probably be a very difficult character to sprite since the only reference you have in full character form would be Foxy. (Who's sprites really look very little like Diana despite them using the same fighting style)

It always struck me as strange Dianna never got made playable considering what an important character she was in the N.E.S.T.S saga. Even more strange considering an unimportant character (Foxy) was made playable instead. :S

Foxy wasn't really unimportant though I will agree that she was there more than Foxy was as far as gameplay , but me and Skybaby74 are working on her.....well anyway she will be avilable....TOMORROW  ;D  :o  ;D  :sugoi:  :sugoi:!!!

#60  April 15, 2009, 11:47:08 pm