SFA4 Guy Revamp (Read 11663 times)

Started by BC, October 31, 2014, 03:03:43 am
Share this topic:

BC

SFA4 Guy Revamp
#1  October 31, 2014, 03:03:43 am
    • UK
Hey guys,

After a long absence, me and Mugen have found each other once again. So I'm back working on SFA4 again by popular demand and currently being commissioned to finish it by SolbadguyZ who has also been helping iron out everyone's game play and providing fresh ideas.

Anyway regarding SFA4 I'm starting coding from scratch and I've started with Guy for the first character, I copy pasted his Rage's which helped with progression I'd say he's 98% complete right now. I've also updated his LVL 3 super Bushin Muso Renge which is custom made.

Here is a quick presentation video of his updated features/gameplay (Currently the dampening isn't enough right now as you can see by the combo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P5wyWTRtw4&feature=youtu.be

Accepting commissions
Re: SFA4 Guy Revamp
#2  October 31, 2014, 04:03:32 am
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
cant wait to c more progress! good luck
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#3  October 31, 2014, 04:16:39 am
    • USA
    • curiafloyd@yahoo.com
thats awesome glad to see you back around your tutorials helped me learn alot
#4  October 31, 2014, 04:22:04 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Glad you back! Good luck! :)
#5  October 31, 2014, 05:04:16 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Good to see your back man, good luck on this. Sorry things didn't work out while back, real life took over.lol
#6  October 31, 2014, 07:19:21 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Welcome Back sir Awesome. It's nice to see one of the few I learned most of what I know coding wise return.
#7  October 31, 2014, 07:52:11 am
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/

BC

#8  October 31, 2014, 10:15:22 am
    • UK
Thanks for the welcome back everyone, the next time I'll be posting apart from answering any questions of course, will be in his release topic which I'm hoping will be within a few days.

You may be interested in this ki blast made by Sean Altly

Very nice animation, but I'm happy with my current as it was made by a friend of mine especially :)

Just as a heads up, I'm looking to commission spriters/animators over the course of this project (the full game) so if anyone is interested in making money give me a shout.

Cheers!
Accepting commissions
#9  October 31, 2014, 11:43:44 am
Just as a heads up, I'm looking to commission spriters/animators over the course of this project (the full game) so if anyone is interested in making money give me a shout.
Hey, you should try this topic right here. Be sure to list everything like the others (Kamekaze, Thagr8test) did. Or use the template I just wrote in the first post.

By the way, these may be useful:
(focus attack by artchell)
(palm strike by CallMeMrA/Rolento)
Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 12:05:28 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#10  October 31, 2014, 11:49:20 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice new super sound effect...
I really missed the "Undertaker bell" rage sound.  ;D

Welcome back, brotha!  :laugh3:
#11  October 31, 2014, 01:21:00 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
This is definitely an interesting take on the gameplay. Is the Super FX final?

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#12  November 01, 2014, 01:46:12 am
  • Getting Started
    • Slovenia
    • Dario.Tusek2@gmail.com
Nice to see you back man. I'm just wondering will your old chars go back online now? (Ryu,Ken..)

BC

#13  November 01, 2014, 04:35:44 pm
    • UK
Hey, you should try this topic right here. Be sure to list everything like the others (Kamekaze, Thagr8test) did. Or use the template I just wrote in the first post.

By the way, these may be useful:
(focus attack by artchell)
(palm strike by CallMeMrA/Rolento)

Ooo i like the focus attack i could maybe use that for his alpha counter... Thanks for sharing that.

Nice to see you back man. I'm just wondering will your old chars go back online now? (Ryu,Ken..)

Unfortunately i dont have ken anymore but ryu is getting a re-vamp so im just going to release that version i think... Stay tuned!

This is definitely an interesting take on the gameplay. Is the Super FX final?

I like the super fx but im open to change if something better comes up or any suggestions are made?
Accepting commissions
#14  November 01, 2014, 07:12:24 pm
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
not to be rude or anything but are u going to continue your KFM by any chance just wondering
#15  November 01, 2014, 08:09:33 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
not to be rude or anything but are u going to continue your KFM by any chance just wondering
please refrain from asking about other characters in a project thread, you can always PM him
#16  November 01, 2014, 08:14:05 pm
Welcome back.. you still have my fav versions of Blanka and Zangief

BC

#17  November 01, 2014, 11:24:23 pm
    • UK

please refrain from asking about other characters in a project thread, you can always PM him

Yeah, I'm always happy to answer PM's regarding my work.

For this occasion I'll answer here, I will be releasing him eventually as to when I'm not sure I do have a big backlogged list of things I start and don't end up finishing but my aim is to finally clear that list, unfortunately more work on him (KFM) is required as I lost the updated version I had from my old computer, luckily my beta tester had a semi-finished version of him.
Accepting commissions
#18  November 02, 2014, 01:17:04 am
  • M.U.G.E.N 4 LIFE!
    • USA
    • suliofthenerdvaid@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwd0KXNN1f_sVI80PHAnWdA
 thank you I'll PM next time ;D
#19  November 02, 2014, 01:29:12 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
what?? This is a shocker BC! you returned?? Haha great. I'm glad you are making a SF4 come back to the table man. Guy update is looking hardcore too. Love the supers.

For the hyper cancels, have you thought about making your own "BC" style cancel text for when that happens? Sorta like how some of the KOF games were but in your style. I think it would work and stand out away from the Hyper Burst FX you already have....

BC

#20  November 02, 2014, 10:47:40 am
    • UK
I'm not that great at making FX but if you have something I could work with then I'd appreciate some help, I'm not expecting anyone to do anything free of course.
Accepting commissions