YesNoOk

Vanny released KOF Wing 2019 (Read 83763 times)

Started by Yagoshi300, August 06, 2019, 03:52:27 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Vanny released KOF Wing 2019
#21  August 09, 2019, 01:18:22 am
  • Hyper Rainbow!
    • Canada
This game is extremely well made. The creator did an amazing job and I can see why it took so long. Just out of curiosity though, what is the "shell.exe" used for? The mugen.exe runs the game fine, so I'm confused as to what the shell.exe is used for.

Shell.exe can be opened after changing the system locale to Chinese (Simplified). I believe that the application is only in that language.
What it does is to allow you to adjust the aesthetics of the game, including:
1. Screenpack
  • The last version of KOFW (Test 2.02, I believe)
  • KOFZ
  • Allstar (The default screenpack)

2. Hitsparks
  • XIII
  • XI
  • NBC
  • '03
  • '02
  • '98

3. Resolution
4. Volume
5. Unlimited health and power bars
6. Others, such as round duration, achievements, Athena randomly changing costumes on every special move, and a costume burst KO option for female fighters ala Art of Fighting and KOF '94 (which I couldn't get to work when I tried it... for science).

It also has move lists for all the characters and enables you to add fighters to the select screen in the shell, which you can launch training mode from directly by selecting those fighters (thus allowing you to select fighters not available on certain screenpacks, but only in training mode).

Overall it's an amazing companion to what is already an amazing game.
Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 01:31:39 am by Bakudan
#22  August 09, 2019, 02:27:12 am
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
This game is extremely well made. The creator did an amazing job and I can see why it took so long. Just out of curiosity though, what is the "shell.exe" used for? The mugen.exe runs the game fine, so I'm confused as to what the shell.exe is used for.

Shell.exe can be opened after changing the system locale to Chinese (Simplified). I believe that the application is only in that language.
What it does is to allow you to adjust the aesthetics of the game, including:
1. Screenpack
  • The last version of KOFW (Test 2.02, I believe)
  • KOFZ
  • Allstar (The default screenpack)

2. Hitsparks
  • XIII
  • XI
  • NBC
  • '03
  • '02
  • '98

3. Resolution
4. Volume
5. Unlimited health and power bars
6. Others, such as round duration, achievements, Athena randomly changing costumes on every special move, and a costume burst KO option for female fighters ala Art of Fighting and KOF '94 (which I couldn't get to work when I tried it... for science).

It also has move lists for all the characters and enables you to add fighters to the select screen in the shell, which you can launch training mode from directly by selecting those fighters (thus allowing you to select fighters not available on certain screenpacks, but only in training mode).

Overall it's an amazing companion to what is already an amazing game.

Dang, that does sound like an amazing companion app. I'm not exactly sure how to change the system locale, but I'm sure a quick google search will do the trick. Also, thanks for explaining all that by the way.
#23  August 09, 2019, 03:00:48 am
    • Chile
    • http://www.mugenteammexico.com/forum

this vanny did not let go of the caolong and lumei being finished long ago

#24  August 09, 2019, 07:33:58 pm
    • Russia
#25  August 09, 2019, 09:03:50 pm
    • Vietnam

this vanny did not let go of the caolong and lumei being finished long ago

i heard someone from KOFW team said that Vanny very mad because Cao Long and Lu Mei was leak that why she don't release them along with the game
#26  August 09, 2019, 09:18:41 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
i heard someone from KOFW team said that Vanny very mad because Cao Long and Lu Mei was leak that why she don't release them along with the game

Yep, both got leaked and KOF Memorial editors are working on them. That's why Vinny won't release them, it's because sadly some stupid people did the wrong move.
#27  August 09, 2019, 09:51:10 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
I'll re-upload it to Mega overnight, Dropbox is being f@cky atm.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#28  August 09, 2019, 10:52:01 pm
  • Your Average MFG Forum Member
  • As Seen on Youtube
    • Brazil
    • Skype - iago-moraes
    • www.youtube.com/user/yagoshi300

Homina Homina Homina
#29  August 10, 2019, 09:37:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#30  August 10, 2019, 09:57:53 am
    • USA
How is that elite? Just curious?
#31  August 10, 2019, 10:17:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
Private stuff getting leaked is something that happens way too commonly to be bothered by it.

It's one thing to be annoyed that something incomplete is out there when you wanted to release something complete.
It's another to outright throw a tantrum and just keep something private to then flaunt it around. It's the whole creator's rights debacle all over again.
#32  August 10, 2019, 10:28:18 am

Someone got on their team and pretended to be a playtester. Then started trading all over the place for "rare" characters. People got tired of them real fast and leaked everything to stop all the nonstop begging on facebook for "rare" character trade.

Basically killed anyone that was making videos with characters for views, and taunting everyone that they had them. Vanny should just add the characters. Not Vanny fault people can be jerks. That just happens.
#33  August 10, 2019, 02:32:53 pm
    • Russia
#34  August 10, 2019, 02:35:28 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Just now? It downloaded perfectly for me.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#35  August 10, 2019, 04:27:05 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#36  August 10, 2019, 05:21:08 pm
    • Japan
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/el7c5jc9gghl5/MUGEN
This is a great KOF fullgame! I wish I could make my own KOF fullgame like it.
Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 05:25:25 pm by Soy Sauce
#37  August 10, 2019, 06:15:58 pm
    • Russia
#38  August 10, 2019, 06:51:51 pm
    • USA
Private stuff getting leaked is something that happens way too commonly to be bothered by it.

It's one thing to be annoyed that something incomplete is out there when you wanted to release something complete.
It's another to outright throw a tantrum and just keep something private to then flaunt it around. It's the whole creator's rights debacle all over again.
Trust me, I know. You definitely can not have anything unique anymore, full games seem frowned upon these days. Not being able to release your own stuff huh... Wouldn’t call it elite though, what’s being flaunted? I feel like because so few people are creating it could seem that way, at least that’s how I see it. Back in the day people were so busy and focused on what they were doing to get mad about waiting etc. Now, everyone is watching because not much else is going on.

Someone got on their team and pretended to be a playtester. Then started trading all over the place for "rare" characters. People got tired of them real fast and leaked everything to stop all the nonstop begging on facebook for "rare" character trade.

Basically killed anyone that was making videos with characters for views, and taunting everyone that they had them. Vanny should just add the characters. Not Vanny fault people can be jerks. That just happens.

This is common just as Dark Flare said, people will say whatever you want to hear for their own benefit. I guess that whole “trading” bit is the ridiculous part of it. Mugen is more so downloads than uploads these days. As a creator you just have to bite the bullet, take the inevitable hate, and put things out when you are ready to. I never knew anyone who created things specifically to be private, this person doesn’t seem to be an exception if the goal was a full game from the beginning. It’s cool to want to have exclusivity for your project, it adds extra meaning to it, but it’s not really possible anymore. People still think molebox solves it.

This is a great KOF fullgame! I wish I could make my own KOF fullgame like it.
You can! You should! You put an interesting twist on your stuff, don’t see that much anymore.
#39  August 10, 2019, 09:54:46 pm

lol what? people still trade characters in this day and age? i never did that nor see it for myself but heard stories about older guys did that way back in the early 00's.
#40  August 10, 2019, 10:18:41 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Trust me, I know. You definitely can not have anything unique anymore, full games seem frowned upon these days. Not being able to release your own stuff huh... Wouldn’t call it elite though, what’s being flaunted? I feel like because so few people are creating it could seem that way, at least that’s how I see it. Back in the day people were so busy and focused on what they were doing to get mad about waiting etc. Now, everyone is watching because not much else is going on.
I think you're wrong with a few things. You can have more unique stuff, it's just that you need to work harder for it and most people would rather play it safe.
Full games aren't frowned, it's just that the majority of full games are either compilations or such an absurd mess that they become memes.
What I meant was that those characters were planned to be released in the first place and now that got ditched because someone leaked an incomplete beta. That's the old creator's rights mentality at work. Shit happens, suck it up, let people have their broken beta while you finish the complete one and release it proper.
While I do think there are fewer active authors, I also think that the only real thing that's changed are the players.