YesNoOk

Dear Valodim (Read 18723 times)

Started by Iced, February 15, 2009, 11:19:38 pm
Re: Dear Valodim
#21  May 19, 2009, 08:57:44 pm
    • Germany
could someone explain to me what the differences really are, so I can set up an info & download page?
#22  May 19, 2009, 09:18:27 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Edit: Correcting myself for starters.

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/mugen-2002-04-14.tar.bz2
The original Elecbyte thingamajig. The latest Linux version?

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/win-mugen_no_limit_patch.zip
The patch that makes Winmugen usable. Lacking the actual Winmugen zip here.
This was supposed to be the vanilla cracked Winmugen but the archive's corrupted.

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/hires-winmugen-stages.zip
The one that supports hi-res stages, and hi-res only.
This one is obsolete and should probably not even be made a front page download... or nevermind I guess there's someone out there who wants a lo-res screenpack with hi-res stages.

http://mugenguild.com/mugen/mugen-hi.rar
Forces the select screen to hi-res and supports both low and high res stages.

What about the DOS versions btw?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 09:40:39 pm by PotS
#23  May 19, 2009, 09:33:13 pm
  • SNK is life
#24  May 19, 2009, 09:56:13 pm
  • I got a PM.
I thought that one couldn't continue. There was a reason I was pissed about that one.

I think all we need is.

Dos, because some of us emulate it on weird shit like Pandora, and other linux gaming systems.

Linux, obviously need that.

Winmugen, lots of cool screenpacks are still out there for it and for it's good for full games, because of conversion to linux mugen.

Mugenplus, for the hires windows user.
#25  May 20, 2009, 06:07:22 pm
    • Portugal
Ash: It isn't that easy to win. diz:
so what's the deal with hosting the version of winmugen Sion and I hacked?
Paul Potts diz:
winmugen's been through so many copyright violations and hacks that i thought it turned no-man's land
Could I just respectfully ask that WM Plus not be hosted then?
I get the copyright argument and everything, just if Guild's going to throw me out I'd rather they not take my work too.
That's a reasonable request, no?
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
#26  May 20, 2009, 06:12:00 pm
  • SNK is life
Reasonable Request? Well then, I want to see his permission for hacking a hacked version >:(

Now, if he'll keep it online on Random Select, I guess it's OK to comply, but if he's taking it down altogether in a fit of rage, complying will be harder.
#27  May 20, 2009, 06:17:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Keep in mind he took all of Guild's database for Random Select after Nunor gave him access to the server.

And that Guild has permission to host mugen, which he always claimed is the reason he can host it since Nunor gave him permission to update the Guild database and such. Though I still always assumed Nunor might have wanted him to keep things in order ON GUILD. But hey, what do I know?

From what I can tell, mugen is free domain in the mugen community.
#28  May 20, 2009, 06:18:10 pm
    • Germany
I see your respectfully asking and raise you a lol:
Available for download on this page are older versions of Mugen for DOS and Linux mugen. Under most provisions of the license agreement we should not be able to host these. However the following fair-use rationale provides a working excuse for this:
- MugenGuild's website host Nunor had permission to host Mugen from Elecbyte.
- RS webmaster Kung Fu Man was the last one in charge of said site.
- Valodim has not uploaded them onto MugenGuild
- Former Guild admin Sepp added provisions to a topic pointing to RandomSelect as the host for Linux and DOS mugen.

seriously though, doing a diff on the versions and changing the five hex values in the exe that give the desired effect to produce our own version probably works just as well for this :)
scratch that, the patch does seem to do more.. hum.
Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:39:16 pm by Valodim
#29  May 20, 2009, 06:21:49 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Available for download on this page are older versions of Mugen for DOS and Linux mugen. Under most provisions of the license agreement we should not be able to host these. However the following fair-use rationale provides a working excuse for this:
- MugenGuild's website host Nunor had permission to host Mugen from Elecbyte.
- RS webmaster Kung Fu Man and JNP webmaster Just No Point/The Dreamslayer were the last ones in charge of said site.
- Valodim has not uploaded them onto MugenGuild
- Former Guild admin Sepp added provisions to a topic pointing to RandomSelect as the host for Linux and DOS mugen.

Fixed

Nunor gave me AND KFM access to Guild's server to update the database. -only one of us stole all that work from him-
Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 06:27:22 pm by Just No Point
#30  May 20, 2009, 06:25:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Sion and I hacked?
If i recall correctly there was a release thread here with a random guy saying someone had just hacked it, kfm offered to host it. and ta da.
so now he is taking credit for that too?

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=72678.0

Just like he was claiming to have permission to host it due to
- RS webmaster Kung Fu Man was the last one in charge of said site.
being charge of mugen guild?

Stealing Mugen guild content down to the core, more like it.

Manipulation skill has reached a new level! you have learnt... "make up your own truth as you go along!"

#31  May 20, 2009, 06:31:42 pm
    • Germany
Dunno, that guy said he was not the author of the patch.. maybe it was all a cover? o_O

on the other hand, he replied to that thread himself... quite mysterious indeed.

Manipulation skill has reached a new level! you have learnt... "make up your own truth as you go along!"

So... do you like fish sticks?
#32  May 20, 2009, 06:42:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It works! :D Uploading now, expect a huge update to my HR stages along these lines.

Btw Duke, do you know the name of the person that authored this patch?
Would have to be a pretty big cover, since he was testing it out and everything.
Maybe he hacked something on the ctrls to try to allow different screenpacks or whatever?Still doubtful.

fish sticks
Y-yes...?

#33  May 20, 2009, 06:46:13 pm
    • Portugal
Now, if he'll keep it online on Random Select, I guess it's OK to comply, but if he's taking it down altogether in a fit of rage, complying will be harder.
He's keeping it.
#34  May 20, 2009, 06:49:53 pm
    • Germany
Added to RS to save folks some time...in fact, updated the code related does while I was at it! :O

wait, what exactly was kfm's part in this now? he was talking about "hacked" up there so I assumed he didn't refer to the documentation changes at first.. can someone with kfm im-hotline shed some light on this?
#35  May 20, 2009, 06:50:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
He probably meant code related docs.
Maybe thats his edit.
#36  May 20, 2009, 06:51:32 pm
    • Germany
#37  May 20, 2009, 06:52:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
...yes?
#38  May 20, 2009, 06:53:30 pm
    • Germany
You're a gay fish! :D

...I always thought the mouth thing kinda gave it away. if you don't get the reference, nvm.
#39  May 20, 2009, 06:55:05 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
WHY YOU LITTLE... THAT DOES IT ,DUEL,  TOWN SQUARE, TYPING MACHINES, SHORT PROSE AND FICTION ABOUT THE PHILOSOPHIES OF SMALL WATER POODLES! BE THERE.
#40  May 20, 2009, 06:55:55 pm
    • Germany
settle down, kanye. you didn't even give a time.

(back to topic :P)