YesNoOk

TMNT Bebop WIP  (Read 229065 times)

Started by Dcat, April 29, 2017, 01:37:25 am
Share this topic:
TMNT Bebop WIP
#1  April 29, 2017, 01:37:25 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Hey guys its been a long time since I got to working on another MUGEN character in any official capacity
Finally taking a crack at the one and only Mutant Warthog Punker Thug Bebop!

-He'll be a 6 button character like the rest of my creations and have combo heavy gameplay

I've resized and improved the classic Arcade spritework 120% for this guy and I'll be doing a whole mess of additional custom sprite-work for the rest of his attacks.
You can see the size comparison in this sample sprite:

So far I've re-sprited all of his original walking , idling, and gethit frames. I've also made a shocked sprite for him

I'm not too familiar with the vital details of the character beyond what I can recall from my childhood & the whole punker-turned warthog premise. So any and all information/ fun-facts about him that I can implement into the character are welcome here. Any canonical attacks or weapons he's used in the show would be great to mention in this thread as well.

These forums have really delivered in the past with community input for my other characters and I was hoping to call on some of that help yet again.
If you've got any ideas on what you'd like him to play like or want to post some Bebop related art I'd very much appreciate it.

He'll be using his laser gun from the arcade game for the bulk of his special attacks. I was thinking it could have multiple effects/ gun modes?Something like what Cable has in MvC2 with his multi-functional blaster only Bebop's would have Flame/Shock/Freeze cartridges or something but I'm not sure if this would work too well during combos

I'll post more progress as it comes along...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 08:18:38 am by Dcat
Re: TMNT Bebop WIP
#2  April 29, 2017, 01:57:05 am
    • Canada
And here we have it ladies and gentlemen. The man is back!

KojiroBADNESS here btw. Long time bro, how you been? Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you do with, Bebop. Gonna keep a close eye on this. Welcome back dude!  :sugoi:

#3  April 29, 2017, 02:15:02 am
Great to see you man.

Pistols, lazers and all should work well for Bebop but, you should randomize it with different moves aswell.

Bebop kicks a tree here. Check 0:02.
He could kick a tree towards the opponent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cOLy3Vl9dY

Bebop spins a nunchuck type thing here. Check 0:38.
It could be a special where he throws it while spinning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhukaXpTKpc

Good luck with your Character.
#4  April 29, 2017, 02:22:34 am
great work so far
#5  April 29, 2017, 02:50:46 am
    • USA
It's about time Bebop finally got MUGENized! I wish you great luck on this character.

DW

#6  April 29, 2017, 03:11:35 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Awesome. Without a doubt, the funniest char from the classic TMNT series. I don't remember much currently, but I can go on a marathon and see what's good. Good luck with him.
#7  April 29, 2017, 04:00:16 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hey Dcat.

Glad to see you active.

BEBOP, the iconic warthog, part of the Bebop and Rocksteady duo is usually considered the lighter and breezier of the two, with Rocksteady being usually more linked to heavy destruction and demolition and Bebop with thug like weapons. His favored weapon in several appearances was the chainsaw.
The duo was not part of the original comic line, like Krang, they were created for the sindicated tv show.

On the archie comics they were represented as being foolish and used for comic relief.

On the IDW comics they are represented as being blood thirsty and almost bullet proof ( while still being foolish)

The bebop of the recent tv show is too different to make sense adapting anything from, hes a hacker that fights using stealth and digital camouflage.

Driving vehicles into things, monster trucks, anything like that is not out of the question for the duo. Bebop is also prone to using chains to fight; Knuckledusters; Muscle cars; chainguns; turrets.

You can play up the creepy factor that makes their foolishness seem dangerous using shadows on their faces.

Bellow is dan berger T file for bebop:
DAN BERGER's T-FILES :: BEBOP

BEBOP

☣ ☣

HEIGHT: 5' 4"

WEIGHT: 325.5 lbs

WEAPON: Fists is good, but guns is better!

FAVORITE COLOR: Black & Blue (heh heh heh!)

HOBBIES: wrestlin', um... and wrestlin'

FAVORITE MUSIC: I likes lotsa musical types of music, I thinks...

NICKNAMES: Da Boss calls me all kinda names... I doesn't bother to remember dem all.

FAVORITE FOOD: Hot dogs and rhubarb pie

FAVORITE BOOK: I doesn't likes books, dey give me a headache.

PERSONAL PROFILE

Me and my bestest buddy, Rocksteady, was just normal human-bean-type peoples until da Boss decided ta makes us into mutant-type peoples. We used ta have fun bullyin' peoples on our block, but tanks to da Boss we gets ta bully lots more stupid peoples all over da universe! Da Boss is real smart... smarter den Rocksteady even! Rocksteady used ta be da smartest guy I knew, dat is until I met da Boss. Da Boss is smarter den Rocksteady. Rocksteady is real smart, but not as smart as da Boss.

My favorite thing ta do is fight. Fightin' is real fun, and ya doesn't gotta read no stupid books or nuthin' ta fight real good. I is a tough guy, ya know what I'm sayin'? I think I can beat Rocksteady inna fight. I dunno if I could beat da Boss... he's real tough. I is real tough, but da Boss is real tough, too. I dunno if I could beat da Boss inna fight, though. Sometimes I wonders if I could beat da Boss, but den he starts yellin' real loud and dat kinda scares me. He gets dese little veins in his forehead poppin' when he yells and he turns kinda purple-red-like. He looks kinda scary like dat. He's pretty tough, too. I don't think I could beat da Boss. I think I could beat Rocksteady, but you couldn't. Rocksteady is real tough. But I is tougher den him. But da Boss is tougher den me, dat's what I think. I don't think I wanna fight da Boss, cuz he's real tough.

I has got ta travel ta lotsa places all around da universe wit da Boss and dat funny little pink guy, Kramp, I think he's called... he's a weird little pink-type peoples, but he don't look like no normal peoples, dat's for sure! He don't even look like no normal mutant-type peoples! He yells alot, too... maybe dat's why him and da Boss is friends, cuz dey both likes ta yell alla time. I know I could really beat dat Kramp guy easy! Da Boss could, too... sometimes I dunno why da Boss has da pink-brain-man around. He has lotsa weird machines dat da Boss likes ta use, but dat Kramp guy, he's annoyin', ya know what I'm sayin'? I kinda wanna smash him sometimes... like a little pink bug! Heh heh heh! Dat would be cool! But da Boss, he don't wanna let me do dat just yet... maybe some day, tho.

I is bored. I needs ta go break somethin' with my buddy Rocksteady! He's real smart, dat Rocksteady! Not as smart as da Boss, but he's smart, alright!

They used to write him with a very heavy accent, but I would go for something a bit less heavy nowadays, to show the mesh of all the versions he has been since.

I remember contributing with winquotes and a bunch of suggestions for your old chars, if you want I could try to give you more like that.
#8  April 29, 2017, 06:17:45 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Excited!!  Looking forward to more updates!

#9  April 29, 2017, 08:56:58 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Sweet! Bebop should be awesome to see in Mugen.

And I'm sure Rocksteady won't be far behind, can't have one without the other.
#10  April 29, 2017, 09:31:00 am
    • USA
Your finally back DCAT! And with Great News! Would love to see Bebop making an Impact to the MUGEN Scene!
#11  April 29, 2017, 10:17:34 am
    • Germany
Bebop and Rocksteady are depicted to have  tremendous strength in the Original Cartoon, grabbing the Turtles and tossing them around easily if they get the chance to do it.

Bebop is even able to lift and trow cars with without much effort.

In the Show if Bebop don't had a Long rage weapon, he either used something that would lie around for example a Morning Star in a Museum or any random item he could use as a mele weapon, or he would just charge at the Turtles trying to hit the Turtles with brute force.
#12  April 29, 2017, 02:07:59 pm
Alright, Dcat is back in black.

Some clumsy moves will do the trick. For example like Dan or Hyena from KOF Maximum Impact 2.
#13  April 29, 2017, 02:17:59 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
looks nice so far.... good luck
#14  April 30, 2017, 03:56:13 am
  • Passing Through
If you are going with the multi functional blaster idea, maybe have it be kinda like Silver Samurai's element change thing, but not timed? Have it affect a super, and maybe the main special used with it.
#15  May 01, 2017, 11:22:14 am
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
It's a pleasure to see you back!

And I look forward how your progress is going along, when Warenr has to be shocked about this.
#16  May 01, 2017, 11:36:37 am
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
I bet Warner doesn't even care.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#17  May 01, 2017, 02:31:17 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice to see you create something new Dcat!

Some suggestions for attacks & weapons...

- maybe you could use a "Two-handed chokelift" for a throw, like seen at 0:29 in the vid below

- how about the uppercut & the charging shoulder tackle Bebop does in the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II The Arcade Game" NES boss fight or the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade Game"

- Juggernaut like "Earthquake Punch" at 0:17 & elbow drop at 1:35 from the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends" iOS/Android game

- for weapons I would suggest the following...
   - Crowbar & chains
p.e. 2016 Playmates Toys Action Figur for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.
or in his human form

- Chainsaw & Bombs
p.e. his boss fight in the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants In Manhattan" game
or comics

- dual-wielding knives & hand grenades
p.e. in the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Legends" iOS/Android game

- then we have the whip from "TMNT 4 Turtles in Time"

- and in "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3: The Manhattan Project" NES we had that strange head-spinnin' ball and chain attack Bebop
...and the 1991 Wacky Action Figure Head Spinnin' Bebop

All for now... Will do more research.

Don´t know if you will use it, but I found this here...
Scratch that. You´ve already seen that in the Technodrome forum.

More stuff...

- in the "TMNT: Out of the Shadows" movie Bebop delivers a expertly looking clothesline to one of the Turtles
10 in the vid below

- in the "TMNT: Legends" game 80´s/classic Bebop does a Punch, Butt Attack, Fart combo, as seen in the vid 20
Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:30:26 pm by Staubhold
#18  May 07, 2017, 06:46:19 am
  • It Is What It Is
    • USA
They ain't gettin' any prettier...  :mlol:
#19  May 17, 2017, 03:46:29 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Whoah so many ideas and suggestions for this guy that's what I like to see. I'm really digging the crowbar and chainsaw bits for specials or supers could do some interesting things during the combo. Also a Bebop Monster truck Hyper attack feels like a must to rival Donatello's Turtle Van. Thanks folks

I remember contributing with winquotes and a bunch of suggestions for your old chars, if you want I could try to give you more like that.

Yes, winquotes would be great!

Okay so I'm chugging away at Bebop the color separation is adding a lot of time to spritework but I'll  get there eventually. Once the ball gets rolling things should pick up. So far, I've got an original standing forward punch and a turn kick attack for the Beebs. Also updated the charging sprites since the in-game sheet has him shrinking considerably whenever he runs. It looks much better in game now.

More to come...
#20  May 17, 2017, 03:41:59 pm
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
Nice stuff man.

I think his head should move a bit more when walking.  Looks like you have a spare head frame that would work well from the "aim" anim.

That LP is top notch.