YesNoOk

Annie Murakami (Public Beta v2) (Read 16972 times)

Started by Zzyzzyxx, October 12, 2016, 09:13:13 am
Share this topic:
Annie Murakami (Public Beta v2)
#1  October 12, 2016, 09:13:13 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Public beta (v. 11-06-2016) available. Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4a7izjs6zc3ug8n/annie_z_beta_11062016.rar

Demo video:
1st Fight: All Custom Options Disabled
- No Chain Combo
- Simple Dampener
- No Comet - Ground Version
- No Air Juggle System
- Manual Run after QUICK MAX
- 2-bar QUICK MAX

2nd Fight: All Custom Options Enabled
- Chain Combo
- Custom Dampener
- Comet - Ground Version
- Air Juggle System
- Easy Run after QUICK MAX
- 1-bar QUICK MAX

Comments, ideas and suggestions appreciated. Enjoy.

Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 12:44:16 am by Zzyzzyxx
Re: Annie Murakami
#2  October 12, 2016, 08:54:45 pm
    • USA
    • morbidjoe666@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Kik : morbidjoe
its looking great
I need more PSN friends
#3  October 12, 2016, 09:30:46 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Thanks. I'll try to put some effort in her visual aspect as well.

New demonstration video.

Testing the 1-bar Quick MAX, the Air Juggle and the Chain Combo systems.

#4  October 12, 2016, 10:30:43 pm
Dope. You mentioned the visual stuff, so its all good, she needs some hitsparks on the slaps and other moves but looks dope.
#5  October 12, 2016, 10:48:24 pm
    • USA
What did you use as a base for that max bar?
#6  October 12, 2016, 11:00:23 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
It was made from scratch. I mean, it's low-res. It's quite easy.

My intent involving visual elements involves applying elements inspired from the interfaces of Beatmania IIDX series (particularly DistorteD, I love that metallic look), or ReZ, or Lumines, or Tetris: Terror Instinct. You know, a techno feeling. I hope you guys know any of these games.

Too bad she isn't a hi-res char, otherwise her interface would look somewhat like this:

#7  October 13, 2016, 03:52:03 am
    • USA
Ah, so you just have that innate ability to do something like that. I'm trying to do something similar, I however do not have that skill ha. It does look really tight though. 
#8  October 13, 2016, 04:09:16 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
ROTD SENSE IS TINGLING

Good to see an accomplished coder coding something from one of my favorite fighting games! Granted it looks like a divergence from the usual ROTD system, but Annie is a pretty horrible character in the source game so any improvements are welcome. I can't wait to try it out.

Are you going to be using ROTD's health values for her or is it just the default for Mugen? IIRC her health is tied with Pupa for the second lowest (IIRC I set Pupa's health to 889 based on her ROTD health, so Annie would have the same if you're following that). It's not necessary but if you're making her play better, it's a pretty simple balance compromise.
Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:14:01 am by J.A.N.G.O.
#9  October 13, 2016, 06:28:13 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Oh, this is awesome! A new and improved version of one of my favorite RoTD characters (sprite wise, that is, love her design). Did you color separate her sprites, or is there a version out there somewhere with cs'd sprites?
#10  October 13, 2016, 07:43:25 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Ah, so you just have that innate ability to do something like that.
No, I don't have. But, as you can see, there's no secret at all in making something like this:

Are you going to be using ROTD's health values for her or is it just the default for Mugen?
Default values. However, DivineWolf gave me permission to use the code applied in the MAX Mode of his chars, which tweaks the defense value. I'll consider giving the option of setting her defense to 889/1000 (if I manage to apply the code and make it work properly, mind you).
EDIT: Done. Thanks, DivineWolf.

A new and improved version of one of my favorite RoTD characters (sprite wise, that is, love her design).
So do I. She's a cutie

Did you color separate her sprites, or is there a version out there somewhere with cs'd sprites?
I separated them.
Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:13:20 pm by Zzyzzyxx

DW

#11  October 21, 2016, 03:01:04 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Looking good. I'll admit Idk much about RotD, but I always liked the char/sprite design. Look forward to trying her out. A quick question: I see that when you knocked Angela into the air sometimes, she went into a flipping animation, but this didn't happen against Chun-Li(or maybe I missed it?)... Is that something innate to Angela? I ask because I'm not good with this AngleDraw stuffz, but I'm trying to achieve an effect similar to that with bound attacks.
#12  October 22, 2016, 06:36:53 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Looking good. I'll admit Idk much about RotD, but I always liked the char/sprite design.
Indeed the character design is RotD's most commendable feature.

A quick question: I see that when you knocked Angela into the air sometimes, she went into a flipping animation, but this didn't happen against Chun-Li(or maybe I missed it?)... Is that something innate to Angela?
It's innate to Angela. Her anims 5035 and 5050. It's accurate to Power Instinct Matrimelee.

I ask because I'm not good with this AngleDraw stuffz, but I'm trying to achieve an effect similar to that with bound attacks.
If you mean the spinning effect, I used a custom state in the Lv1 super of my Reimu Hakurei that causes a spin animation through AngleDraw.

Annie's Lv1 supermove is ready, and so are her guard cancel features. However, I still feel that something might be fixed/improved (not gameplay-wise, something visual-related) before sending/publishing betas.

At the moment I'm inclined to the private beta thing, a public beta would have to be something more complete, with AI and extra bells and whistles, and this defintely isn't the right time to that.

Volunteers? Anybody who knows KoF/RotD enough in a technical level, or feels that has enough know-how to help her becoming a more convincing SNK-styled char?

Judging from the exhibitionist video below (yes, it's exhibitionism, I'm showing everybody my privates, after all), is there something that you guys would like seeing changed/removed? After all, nothing in this video is definitive.

Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:04:11 am by Zzyzzyxx
#13  October 24, 2016, 08:13:55 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
A few early betas were sent. However I forget to mention to the testers that Annie has 2 .def files. The main one leads to a cmd that supports Vans' command buffer system and the extra one leads to other, more traditional cmd file.

If any of you guys happen to find any command-related bug please specify which version of cmd is being used.
#14  October 27, 2016, 05:50:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I already sent this to you via PM because I fail at reading, but here goes:

Sorry, the last few days were really hectic, so I didn't really get a chance to sit down with Annie until today. She's actually turning out really good! Only a few things at the moment.

- I don't think the velocities that grounded basics do on jumping opponents should be as high as they are. Granted, ROTD doesn't allow airblocking for that so I can't tell for sure how that would work, but right now, it's entirely possible to never let the opponent touch the ground simply by hitting him enough with LP while he airblocks. If you can have corner push for ground attacks when hitting a blocking opponent, though, that'd probably take care of the problem.
- Speaking of, it's a bit of a shame that the original ROTD blocking system isn't an option. It's actually an in-between of the two systems you have: Grounded attacks are completely unblockable against jumping opponents, but aerial attacks can be air-blocked.
- Debug errors for Comet (air and ground versions), but nothing too major.
- Might wanna doublecheck the commands in the readme :P

That's all I could find so far, but I'll keep doing tests, VERY solid start!
#15  October 27, 2016, 06:20:54 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
- I don't think the velocities that grounded basics do on jumping opponents should be as high as they are. Granted, ROTD doesn't allow airblocking for that so I can't tell for sure how that would work, but right now, it's entirely possible to never let the opponent touch the ground simply by hitting him enough with LP while he airblocks.
You're right, the air guard velocities are horrible :( Neither KOF or RotD use those values. That was a big mistake. Big thanks for pointing out.

Now that I think about it, I'm unsure about the idea of hitting a light punch on an air blocking opponent after connecting a previous attack. It isn't possible in RotD, but it is in KOF96-98.

Gonna work seriously on finding a fix or that. PotS' juggle system never took in consideration air blocking ground attacks, after all.

If you can have corner push for ground attacks when hitting a blocking opponent, though, that'd probably take care of the problem.
I use air cornerpush in my other chars, but it wasn't an option for a SNK-styled character like Annie.

- Speaking of, it's a bit of a shame that the original ROTD blocking system isn't an option. It's actually an in-between of the two systems you have: Grounded attacks are completely unblockable against jumping opponents, but aerial attacks can be air-blocked.
Yes, Annie's air blocking system is supposed to be more on par with KOF96-98. Depending on the results that the modifications to her air block system might show, I might end up using something like the RotD system.

- Debug errors for Comet (air and ground versions), but nothing too major.
Easy to fix. I didn't catch them because I was testing her in 1.1 all the time, and these debug messages dont appear there :P

- Might wanna doublecheck the commands in the readme :P
Didn't find anything wrong with the commands. Am I missing something?

Aside that, the current beta probably has more bugs:

* Cross Sword causes 0 damage if the if Damage Dampener system is set to "No scaling" option. I'm taking care of that.

* Point blank Ground "Comet" is +4 on hit. The pausetime accidentally was set to the same as the Cross Sword one, 19 instead of 11. It should be -4 on hit.

Next version will have modifications to the MAX Mode system. It will be like 2002UM instead of 2002, which means that Super Cancels inside MAX Mode won't cost additional Power Gauges.

In the other hand, Super Cancels outside of MAX Mode will receive a bonus in damage, as a compensation,for the extra gauge spent. I'm also working on giving her a fixer-upper AI for the moves she already has.

That's all I could find so far, but I'll keep doing tests, VERY solid start!
Well, thanks for the compliment, but I tend to believe that being solid doesn't mean much when the char isn't fun.

And, unfortunately, she isn't as solid as I would like, but you're helping enormously in improving her. Big thanks.
Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:54:20 am by Zzyzzyxx
Re: Annie Murakami (Public Beta)
#16  October 29, 2016, 12:30:52 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Well, that's it. Time for a public beta, finally.

No Lv2 yet. No HSDM yet. No air throw yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdh9pci8olse0xf/annie_z_beta_10292016.rar

Make sure to take a look at her config file. She's full of options to play with.

Changes from previous beta:

* "Power gain from Basic Moves" option is removed. Instead, the Power Gain formula was modified to give her more power than before.

* "Single-Bar Super Cancel" option is removed. The MAX Mode Super Cancel takes care of that option now.

* Gave her an AI.

* Fixed the commands in he readme, now that I actually managed to see the mistakes.

* Bugfixes. Thankfully she didn't have much to be fixed. It was more about how some of her vars in the cmd caused bugs. Those vars were moved to her attack states.

* Tweaked her air block systems. Now in "Juggle Style - Mugen" her grounded moves are unblockable unless the opponent is in blockstun from an air-blockable move (like jumping moves). Pretty much like KOF98.

* Also, in MUGEN Mode, her moves can still hit an air blocking opponent before he lands from a previous air-block. But in MUGEN Mode the air blockstun of her moves is greatly reduced.

Concept palette examples. No Radel sprites yet, I don't know I'll handle her Team Super and First Impact techniques from RotD:

Original / Christmas / Stocking (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) / Jamaican / Ruby Gloom

That's it. Comments are greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 03:33:08 pm by Zzyzzyxx

DW

#17  October 31, 2016, 03:22:16 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
That's a nice CS you got going on with her. My apologies for not being around to try out her Alpha build. I'll try out this beta today though and get back with you asap. I have to note though that I've never played RotD, though I am familiar w/ KoF Max Mode and all.

Alright, did some training and some arcade runs w/ her last night. I have a few things of note:

-There seems to be some debug flood involving her "counter" helper/display:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-When super cancelling from specials, the juggle points don't reset, so it pretty much make SC'ing useless. I didn't check to see if it was an option to change this, though if there is, there shouldn't be imo. That should just be a default aspect for SC'ing period. I do some like her DP > Cross Sword, but it just whiffs. :(

-There are no afterimages for neutral super jumps/short super jumps, but there are for vel x ones.

-Cosmetic thing, though she could use a custom small pic. :P

That's all I got. She feels great and her clsns are great as well. I'm hoping you make some more chars like this. From RotD or otherwise. It'd be nice to see Sonia and/or Cassadra(?/the chick with the belt dress) done this way. Did you do her CS? It's really good, I like the options it gives her.
Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 04:24:52 pm by DW
#18  November 01, 2016, 10:53:29 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
-There seems to be some debug flood involving her "counter" helper/display:
She wasn't tested in 1.0. I use Mugen 1.1 for all my intents and purposes. The only reason why I keep an 1.0 build is for fixing some debug messages exclusive to 1.0, like the one you mentioned. Since my 1.0 build barely has any char or stage, the work on fixing 1.0-exclusive debugs wasn't even started, let alone finished :(

-When super cancelling from specials, the juggle points don't reset, so it pretty much make SC'ing useless. I didn't check to see if it was an option to change this, though if there is, there shouldn't be imo. That should just be a default aspect for SC'ing period. I do some like her DP > Cross Sword, but it just whiffs. :(
Indeed I gave her some supercancel / MAX Mode cancel options that don't make sense outside of Custom Juggle System.

A few of her supercancel options, like

+ Light Punch > DM , or

+ Heavy Punch (2 hits) > DM,

don't work outside of Custom Juggle System. I never considered the option of removing them for consistency purposes, though. That was a bad design choice. Those un-KOF-like supercancels will be removed in a future beta.

-There are no afterimages for neutral super jumps/short super jumps, but there are for vel x ones.
There are no neutral superjump or super hop in KOF. I'll make more effort in tweaking the codes of her state 40 in order to prevent her superjump vars from triggering from neutral jumps.

-Cosmetic thing, though she could use a custom small pic. :P
The current one is a placeholder. Don't worry, I'll take care of that in the future.

That's all I got. She feels great and her clsns are great as well.
Hearing this is a relief. All of her CLSNs are pulled from my ass, but since Vans' KOF chars have source-accurate CLSNs I'm using them as a basis for Annie.

I'm hoping you make some more chars like this. From RotD or otherwise. It'd be nice to see Sonia and/or Cassadra(?/the chick with the belt dress) done this way.
I'm trying to make her as a template for eventual future KOF-styled chars. Hinako Shijou, NGBC Goddess Athena, I really would like to work on them as well in the future.

Thus I'm mixing PotS, Rajaaboy and Vans' codes to make something solid and relatively simple / flexible. You know, so that it can be used not only for KOF chars, but to convert chars from other games into a convincing KOF gameplay.

Did you do her CS? It's really good, I like the options it gives her.
I did it. She's so cute I felt she deserved this extra layer of attention.
Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 01:18:14 am by Zzyzzyxx
Re: Annie Murakami (Public Beta v2)
#19  November 07, 2016, 12:59:39 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
New beta:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4a7izjs6zc3ug8n/annie_z_beta_11062016.rar

* Added SDM Cross sword. I didn't add any special effect, though. Only the barebones of the code is done. AI can use the new move as well.

* AI improvements everywhere. More efficient rolls and evasions, less unsafe moves, more consistent MAX Mode combos in higher levels.

* Fixed a bug where AI could perform basic attacks during get hit states, 1 frame after trading a hit with opponent.

* Old Training Mode Detector by 2OS was replaced with his new system, seen at http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/training-mode-detector-144055.0.html

* Removed Super Cancel from Weak Zoom Cross and 2nd hit of Heavy Zoom.

However, after reading the article from http://kofbugbible.wikia.com/wiki/Juggle_system , which explains how KOF Juggle System works, Im considering adding a 16-frame timing window for juggles after these attacks.

After all, currently, Annie doesn't follow KOF juggle system properly and I want to give priority in getting rid of this design flaw of her in the future.

Demo video of her Lv8 AI.

I didn't add any new visual or sound effect to her at the moment, unfortunately. I'm gonna work on her visuals again after hopefully I have Radel's sprites color separated.

Sorry if the current beta happens to feel underwhelming, and I'm really sorry if I forgot fixing any reported problem.

But adding her next moves will need heavy brainstorming, and I intend to be in a mental state where I can give full attention to her project. Gameplay first and foremost, you know. I can assure that, in the end, every flaw will be inevitably taken care of.
Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:53:29 am by Zzyzzyxx
#20  November 07, 2016, 01:42:26 am
I lost my touch at KOF, long ago, but best feedback I can give you is ,she is very fun to play as, and I love all the options you left in the def file, thank you, cant wait till you finisher up. I am rarely hyped for chars, but I am hyped for her.

I played ROTD a couple of times when it came out and she is one of the chars I remember being really cool.

If I find any decent art of her, I will make some renders(So I can make myself some legacy ports) I will hit you up if you need them.

She is AWESOME !
Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 01:52:20 am by PeXXeR
#21  June 02, 2018, 06:55:28 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
New beta.

1 - I added an important change. If she has the "Chain Combo" option toggled on in her config file, she can't perform chain combos during hops anymore.

To prevent full jump-in combos from instant overheads like her Jumping LK and infinite blockstrings from hops.

2 - Made many improvements in her AI, making her less dumb. She's more prone to use her supers outside of MAX Mode now. On the other hand, I tried to make her Lv4 AI easier, performing less anti-airs and whatnot.

3 - I also decided to follow DivineWolf's example and add compatibility with Vans' Chizuru and her skill lock movie.

Next, I intend to give her a dizzy and a guard crush system, like KOF'98, togglable in her config file.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/byrm310sgeyt2ye/annie_z_beta_06_01_2018.rar/file
Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 07:25:51 am by Zzyzzyxx

DW

#22  June 13, 2018, 06:26:21 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I haven't messed with her config file since these updates, haven't fought against her yet either. Though she still feels great overall. As I said before, I really like what you have going on here, and look forward to more chars with this system from you. I can help with CS'ing anyone you may have in mind, if they aren't already CS'd of course.
#23  June 14, 2018, 02:51:42 pm
She is great  ! Also  that config file jesus, great job !
Whats left to be completed though ? I assume some hypers and whatnot ?
Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 02:59:45 pm by PeXXeR

DW

#24  June 25, 2018, 06:15:35 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I noticed something just now when vs her in Turns mode. I looked in her config to make sure this could be toggled before addressing it; She gains back full health during said mode when defeating opponents. This is pretty cheap imo.
#25  June 28, 2018, 02:20:15 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
I haven't messed with her config file since these updates, haven't fought against her yet either. Though she still feels great overall. As I said before, I really like what you have going on here, and look forward to more chars with this system from you. I can help with CS'ing anyone you may have in mind, if they aren't already CS'd of course.
Currently I have no plans of making new characters. Lack of time. I found a job last week. No more available time for Mugen as I had before :sweatdrop:

She is great  ! Also  that config file jesus, great job !
Whats left to be completed though ? I assume some hypers and whatnot ?
I like the way she currently plays, and I wouldn't mind releasing her as is. I know that she would benefit from having something related to RotD, and/or interactions with Radel added to her moveset. But, gameplay-wise, I really feel like she's complete enough.

I noticed something just now when vs her in Turns mode. I looked in her config to make sure this could be toggled before addressing it; She gains back full health during said mode when defeating opponents. This is pretty cheap imo.
It might be happening because I'm using 2OS' updated Training Mode Detector Code.
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/training-mode-detector-144055.0.html

There's a Lifeset code among its lines. I never played Mugen at Turns Mode, but I'm testing a modified version of the code:

[State -2]
type = null
trigger1 = stateno = 5900 && time <= 2
trigger1 = var(1) := 0
trigger2 = var(1) < 3
trigger2 = var(1) := var(1) + 1
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2]
type = assertspecial
trigger1 = var(1) = 1
flag = noko
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2]
type = lifeset
triggerall = teammode != turns
trigger1 = var(1) <= 2
value = lifemax * (var(1) = 2)
ignorehitpause = 1

[State -2]
type = null
triggerall = teammode != turns
trigger1 = var(1) = 1
trigger1 = var(0) := life
ignorehitpause = 1

I believe it's gonna solve the problem. I have to test more, though.
Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 02:34:09 am by Zzyzzyxx