YesNoOk

Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea (Read 72270 times)

Started by Yahya, July 23, 2015, 05:00:12 am
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea
#21  July 24, 2015, 05:15:56 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/

I think that last one could be used for when fighting Shinryu since he doesn't have a very specific theme. It'd fit well for him I think~
#22  July 24, 2015, 08:25:49 am
    • USA

Sora added to my post on the previous page. I kinda like how I handled him. He only uses one magic spell and that's for a super, and he seems like he could be a bit technical if done right. Gonna see who else I can try working on next~

EDIT - Purim also added to my list. As opposed to most everyone else who is relatively good at melee, Purim is not and is more about inflicting statuses and being defensive (and by statuses, I mean various custom states. Some of which would work well with her playstyle I feel). I will probably attempt Crono next.

EDIT #2: Crono done! I'm thinking that Serge and Guile can probably be axed out for other characters though. Having both seems....redundant as just about anyone can cast magic in that game. Plus there may be better representatives to use from other games than them. But that's just my opinion on them. I was thinking of Mercedes for a full-on aerial type fighter who's very poor on the ground, but I wouldn't even know what her moveset would even be...

EDIT #3: So I looked around for some Square/Square Enix games, and some that might be interesting for replacements for anyone that may not fit or could be replaced are as follows:

Breath of Fire (Nina maybe??)
Live-A-Live (I know nothing about the game, but I hear from a friend that there could be some good representatives from it, particularly some dude named Akira)
Valkyrie Profile (Not sure who else would even fit well enough honestly...Lenneth might be the only one that'll work since she has other appearances)

Huh...there's honestly not that many Square games that I saw that would work very well. So maybe Serge/Guile can stay, but one of them probably could get booted for someone else. Maybe.

Links for those who want to see what all Square/Square Enix has done.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_video_games
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Square_Enix_video_games
Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 10:34:56 am by Xenomic
#23  July 24, 2015, 08:51:50 am
  • Time to give back to this place. Starting now.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Hey, what about early square games? Does the Tobal series count?
#24  July 24, 2015, 10:23:23 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
For winquotes, I had a GGXrd/UMvC3 winquote screen in mind. I still need to look at how the winquote screens for those games are (I don't watch EVO or fighting game playthroughs much) to get the best idea possible.

No worries about that. Got it covered for ya.

Spoiler: UMvC3 Winquote screen (click to see content)
Spoiler: Guilty Gear Xrd Winquote screen (click to see content)

And for a bonus:
Spoiler: Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code Winquote screen (click to see content)

#25  July 25, 2015, 04:05:46 am
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • a.k.a Ho-Oh's Apprentice, Hatter
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks for the vids, Zemilia. Will make sure to take a look at them. And thanks Xenomic for the moveset ideas, I might tweak Sora's a bit to include Donald and Goofy in at least one special, but the rest are surekeepers! :D

Anyways, I came up with a concept sprite for Lou and Siva, and a SFV-esque palette for Ryu to be his main pal:

I wanted to do Tifa, but I had the energy to do a sketch for her. I'll post a sprite of her tomorrow though.

Keep the ideas coming guys, they all sound great! :)
Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr) || (Instagram)
#26  July 25, 2015, 04:40:46 am
    • USA

Glad you liked them! I kinda like how all of them came out, though I think I like Purim's and Crono's the most. I had to get a bit creative with their playstyles! I don't think I can do anyone else really as I either don't know them at all/very well, or I wouldn't know what to do with them. : S

I was trying to think of a way to do that, but didn't know how. I was thinking of making the other Limits with them be specials (Fantasia and Teamwork), but didn't do that. Most of the abilities Sora has can probably show up as regular attacks or command inputs IMO.

Will be looking forward to see how Tifa turns out! Would definitely love to see how the sprites for some of the others will look (especially Purim~ She's quite a cutie ha. Though Gilgamesh might be interesting to see too as complex as his design is!)
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:53:19 am by Xenomic
#27  July 25, 2015, 04:53:30 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Glad you liked them! I kinda like how all of them came out, though I think I like Purim's and Crono's the most. I had to get a bit creative with their playstyles!

I was trying to think of a way to do that, but didn't know how. I was thinking of making the other Limits with them be specials (Fantasia and Teamwork), but didn't do that. Most of the abilities Sora has can probably show up as regular attacks or command inputs IMO.

Will be looking forward to see how Tifa turns out! Would definitely love to see how the sprites for some of the others will look (especially Purim~ She's quite a cutie ha. Though Gilgamesh might be interesting to see too as complex as his design is!)

Yeah, I know man, Gilgamesh'll probably be the end of Black Hatter, LOL. But hey, if I could do Siva's poncho, I should have no problemo doing Gilgamesh's attire.

I'll probably incorporate one of those Limits as a Special, it'd be a shame to have Sora, without Donald or Goofy. The relationship Disney had with Capcom needs to be referenced. :laugh:
Only way to go is up.

#28  July 25, 2015, 05:01:08 am
    • USA

I dunno man, the Poncho looks super easy compared to the cluster that is Gil lol. At least I didn't make it so that you had to ALSO do his morphed form, right? ^^;

Oh yeah, I might try something for Shinryu and Shinryu Ventus for moveset, if that's fine? I don't think he'd be playable in a full-game, but in the event that he would be playable, might come up with something. Probably based mostly around his FFV appearance, but may also take cues from his FFXI appearance (where I think Dark Matter was his most powerful move instead of Tsunami). And who knows what Ventus will get! ^^;

Oh yeah, if you need reference images for ANYTHING, lemme know. I can easily grab some images here and there for some characters (but only some!), though the ones from Final Fantasy should be super easy to get as I'd just grab them from the FFWiki haaa...
#29  July 25, 2015, 05:28:49 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I dunno man, the Poncho looks super easy compared to the cluster that is Gil lol. At least I didn't make it so that you had to ALSO do his morphed form, right? ^^;

Hmm, good point. But hey I'll flex the good old artist muscle. :D

Oh yeah, I might try something for Shinryu and Shinryu Ventus for moveset, if that's fine? I don't think he'd be playable in a full-game, but in the event that he would be playable, might come up with something. Probably based mostly around his FFV appearance, but may also take cues from his FFXI appearance (where I think Dark Matter was his most powerful move instead of Tsunami). And who knows what Ventus will get! ^^;

Go ahead by all means. I'd love to see what you can do with Shinryu and his Ventus (Versus, I think it was? IDK) form. :D

Oh yeah, if you need reference images for ANYTHING, lemme know. I can easily grab some images here and there for some characters (but only some!), though the ones from Final Fantasy should be super easy to get as I'd just grab them from the FFWiki haaa...

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Although, I won't begin working on this until maybe later on after I finish my other obligations, I'll remember that for the future. :)
Only way to go is up.

#30  July 25, 2015, 05:37:03 am
    • USA

It'll be a good challenge in spriting skills, that's for sure heh. But I'm sure you can handle it~

Shinryu Verus is what it was, just looked it up. It'll be a challenge, that's for sure, especially for Verus oh god. No defined abilities for that version at all...at least Shinryu has named attacks I can go with!

Not even on single sprites like what you're kinda doing? : v Wonder how long it'll be before you finish all the other stuff, sounds like it's gonna be quite a long time lol. @_@:

EDIT - Shinryu and Shinryu Verus now on the list. I didn't do anything in terms of describing how they play or the inputs for their moves or whatnot. A lot of what's on my list would need to be further discussed to decide what they should really do. Shinryu Verus is based primarily on Neo Shinryu from Final Fantasy V Advance. It only felt fitting...his moveset is basically some of Shinryu's original moveset, with some moves being upgraded versions of the original (Tidal Wave > Enhanced Tidal Wave, which was originally a Super for Shinryu, Cosmic Breath > Gigaflare, and Evil Eye > White Hole) while also gaining new moves (Meteor, Poison Breath, Curse, Almagest, and Ultima. Wouldn't be a final Square boss without Ultima!).

EDIT #2 - If you'd like, you can add my moveset list to the first post. Makes it easier for people to see what the movesets can be and if they'd be willing to discuss it. Dunno if you have this topic in any other forums either.
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 07:25:43 am by Xenomic
#31  July 26, 2015, 12:09:02 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Not even on single sprites like what you're kinda doing? : v Wonder how long it'll be before you finish all the other stuff, sounds like it's gonna be quite a long time lol. @_@:

Yeah, it'll be really long, but thankfully I can utilise a few 3D resources. ;)

EDIT - Shinryu and Shinryu Verus now on the list. I didn't do anything in terms of describing how they play or the inputs for their moves or whatnot. A lot of what's on my list would need to be further discussed to decide what they should really do. Shinryu Verus is based primarily on Neo Shinryu from Final Fantasy V Advance. It only felt fitting...his moveset is basically some of Shinryu's original moveset, with some moves being upgraded versions of the original (Tidal Wave > Enhanced Tidal Wave, which was originally a Super for Shinryu, Cosmic Breath > Gigaflare, and Evil Eye > White Hole) while also gaining new moves (Meteor, Poison Breath, Curse, Almagest, and Ultima. Wouldn't be a final Square boss without Ultima!).

The way you handled Shinryu Versus was great. Basically, the moveset is implying "Omnipotent power, but still you'll manage to read through it and know my wrath" (to me at least), and that's awesome. :D

EDIT #2 - If you'd like, you can add my moveset list to the first post. Makes it easier for people to see what the movesets can be and if they'd be willing to discuss it. Dunno if you have this topic in any other forums either.

Honestly, MFG is probably the M.U.G.E.N. forum out there (I'm serious), and the Sinhra forum is down, and I'm not a huge fan of IMT and MMV. :S

Well, without further ado:

Not the best I can do, but it'll do for now. :D
Only way to go is up.

#32  July 26, 2015, 12:16:57 am
    • USA

The way I see it with Shinryu and Shinryu Verus is that some of their moves, particularly breath attacks and Tidal Waves, will have a bit of a delay before activating, so as to give the player some time to block/dodge out of the way. Same with other moves such as Dark Matter, Supernova, Gigaflare, etc. Though I imagine Verus to be much faster at casting things than Shinryu, especially with the original skillset that Shinryu had that Verus uses.

Aye, MMV doesn't seem that great, and IMT doesn't either. I hardly see anything really go down over there, and that's the only other MUGEN forum I really go to outside of MIL (which is also super dead) and MFFA (mostly to see releases and whatnot since sometimes they don't appear in other places). ^^;

Hm...that's not a bad start for her. It captures her stance to a degree, but you may want to take a bit closer look at her stance if you want to capture it closely. Up to you of course!

References:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#33  July 26, 2015, 12:25:12 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, I purposely deviated away from that stance because that was the same one as jadencorsair's sprite and I didn't really want to feel like I was following his sprite as a reference to the tee. That and because Yamakichi's Tifa = total win. ;D

The delay idea sounds great for Shinryu, kind of like Abyss in MvC2, he had a beam move that had a small delay, IIRC.
Only way to go is up.

#34  July 26, 2015, 12:47:32 am
    • USA

Ahhh. I figured it was based on Yamakicihi's since it looked vaguely the same.  Wonder if she'll be just as bouncy as Yama's version : V

Onslaught was kinda like that too. Kinda...he was still annoying to fight though. But yeah, Shinryu is basically modeled after both of them in a way. ^^;

EDIT - I was looking over the cast to see what ideas I could come up with the custom states (well, mostly just MB), and the only things I have are for Tifa, Lightning, Crono, Morrigan, and Ingrid (and possibly Jessica, depending on which you use for her main outfit). Also looking over to see if there really IS nobody else for me to do. And there really isn't. Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, and Ingrid I expect to be just about the same as always, unless Ryu and Ken get their additional modes from SFV or something. Hayato, Captain Commando, Morrigan, Tron Bonne, and Strider I feel will be just like they are in MvC only with CvS or whatever graphics (same with Haggar, Phoenix, and Demitri really). Cody I'm unsure of. And Tessa I feel will be like how she was in Warzard/SVC Chaos. So this is where it ends for my help on movesets really unless you really want me to mix it up with the SF cast's movesets to be a bit different. : S
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:05:41 am by Xenomic
#35  July 26, 2015, 07:14:32 am
    • USA

I will probably still do movesets for characters even if you can get them from other games like Ryu, to see if I can't mix them up a bit more and make them a bit more unique, plus maybe toss in a couple new things from the newer games for them. In other news, that's not what this post was about. I wanted to talk about the "status effects" that I keep adding in my movesets and whatnot (as you guys know as custom states, which is all the are). I'm actually using these particular special states in such a way that they work for the character. For instance:

*Burn: Cannot combo if put into this state. Forces opponent to be knocked down. Useful for setting up other attacks or to get away.
*Freeze: Prevents opponent from moving for a very brief amount of time. Can be combo'd from.
*Shock: Stuns opponent long enough to combo into other attacks.
*Petrify: Same as Freeze. However, it can be shorter or longer than Freeze since opponent can mash buttons or whatever to break out of it faster. Can also make it so that while they're under Petrify, opponent takes very little damage from anything. More used to setup other things and play keep away.

That's basically the gist of it with those! Midnight Bliss isn't here because that's not really a "status effect" and just a custom state in general. If you want to try to flesh these out more, go for it! I'm half thinking there should be a combo limit, similar to the Touhou fighting games, so as to prevent infinites and the like, but that's up to you! I actually forgot all about the mechanics thing on the first page, so some things may not work with that (for instance, I pretty much made most of the movesets based on 1v1 and not 3v3. It can still work 3v3 though I think...). ^^;
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:17:45 am by Xenomic
#36  July 27, 2015, 07:43:16 am
    • USA

Ryu and Ken have been added to my list. They're taking moves from SFIII: 3rd Strike, CvS2, SVC Chaos, and PXZ (in Ryu's case, he also has Denjin Mode from SFV. It allows his Hadokens to inflict Shock, but it also switches his Shinku Hadoken with Denjin Hadoken and his Shin Shoryuken with Metsu Shoryuken). I was tempted to give Ryu Evil Mode but didn't, and was also tempted to give him moves from Evil Ryu...but didn't.

As for all of those Ken kicks that are normal specials? Those are all from CvS2, which I looked up from my CvS2 FAQ that I did years ago with the help of the SRK forum. Will be working on Chun-Li's and Ingrid's skillsets, even though Ingrid's is pretty much going to be identical to her CFJ/SFA3 version.

EDIT - Chun-Li and Ingrid added. Again, Ingrid is..identical to her appearance in CFJ. Chun-Li is based primarily on SFIII: 3S, but has things from MvC2. That's about it really.
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:03:48 am by Xenomic
#37  July 28, 2015, 03:35:17 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Read the Capcom movelists, Ryu and Ken are spot on. I like the Denjin Mode idea, I was thinking of adding a tornado/combo effect to the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku when Ryu goes Denjin, and maybe to stylize him a bit, I'll throw in an aura effect to make it look like he's trying not to let the Hadou overcome him.

I'll try to do a concept for Gilgamesh and J.C Benton, and add Benton's movelist tomorrow.

As for winscreen, I think I'll go with a GG Xrd winscreen, if it can be programmed in MUGEN. If not, then a Melty Blood/UMvC3 mix I suppose can work. ^_^
Only way to go is up.

#38  July 28, 2015, 03:45:13 am
    • USA

Yeah, I figured Denjin Mode would give him some kick as well as tie him in with his recent appearance. Plus tried to make them all tie in with all of their sources, for the most part (obviously, Ryu isn't going to deck someone with a street sign this time around lol). The aura is a good idea though.

I was thinking of doing something similar with Ken giving him that flame mode, but seeing as how my idea for Burn is here, that...wouldn't work very well with his playstyle I feel. So I don't know how else to stylize him more! ^^;

Good luck with Gilgamesh! That's gonna be something interesting for sure. I should look up who this Benton is, never heard of him myself heh.

EDIT - I'm thinking of fixing up the Supers for characters. Not so much changing how they are, but removing the whole "Level 1", "Level 2", "Level 3" bit. That's assuming you have like 3 gauges in the first place, and making it seem like you need that many gauges to use the supers. I'll probably need to specify at which level you'd be able to use each specials then (like Ingrid's are level 1, level 2, and level 3 specifically). What do you think?

Oh yeah, and Denjin Mode is a throwback to those mode changes in MvC2 like Mecha Zangief and Dark Sakura. It's kinda like that, hence why it's a level 3 super. In case you're wondering why it's so high up there lol.

EDIT #2 - Lenneth Valkyrie added to Square list. She was...surprisingly easier to do than I thought. She has all of her skills bar Succession Slide (which I deemed she didn't need) and most of the magic spells she can use in VP2 (Only gave her Dampen Magic, which I think I made unique enough. Though it being a level 1, I don't know about...hmmm).
Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 04:07:30 am by Xenomic
#39  July 28, 2015, 04:09:27 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, I figured Denjin Mode would give him some kick as well as tie him in with his recent appearance. Plus tried to make them all tie in with all of their sources, for the most part (obviously, Ryu isn't going to deck someone with a street sign this time around lol). The aura is a good idea though.

I was thinking of doing something similar with Ken giving him that flame mode, but seeing as how my idea for Burn is here, that...wouldn't work very well with his playstyle I feel. So I don't know how else to stylize him more! ^^;

Good luck with Gilgamesh! That's gonna be something interesting for sure. I should look up who this Benton is, never heard of him myself heh.

EDIT - I'm thinking of fixing up the Supers for characters. Not so much changing how they are, but removing the whole "Level 1", "Level 2", "Level 3" bit. That's assuming you have like 3 gauges in the first place, and making it seem like you need that many gauges to use the supers. I'll probably need to specify at which level you'd be able to use each specials then (like Ingrid's are level 1, level 2, and level 3 specifically). What do you think?

Oh yeah, and Denjin Mode is a throwback to those mode changes in MvC2 like Mecha Zangief and Dark Sakura. It's kinda like that, hence why it's a level 3 super. In case you're wondering why it's so high up there lol.

I was thinking of giving Ken a white aura as a throwback to his reverse Hadou in SF4: The Ties that Bind, I think its the part where he discovers that his Hadou only comes out when the people he loves are in danger (such as Elize and Ryu).

Gilgamesh'll be a pain to pixel, but since this is a concept sprite I won't go all detail crazy. But I should tell you, for most of the Square Enix chars, I'll be using there 3D models to sprite, using the whole KoF XIII technique, with minor editing on the frames to give them a more squash and stretch feel, hence making them more lively than static.

J.C. Benton is the protagonist of the first DeusEx game. Here's a photo:

Though to be perfectly honest, I mistook this guy for J.C. Benton (turns out it was Adam Jensen from Mankind Divided):

Spoiler: Adam Jensen (click to see content)

I might actually put him instead, since I originally wanted Benton in this on the basis of the above design. Actually, I think I'll update my first post right now.

EDIT - Modified the first post, replaced J.C Benton with Adam Jensen, a far more stylish rep for DeusEx ^_^
Only way to go is up.

#40  July 28, 2015, 04:12:19 am
    • USA

Huh. The more I know. Didn't know Ken had a Hadou mode thingie, much less a REVERSE Hadou. Interesting.

Yeah, concepts are generally easy to deal with off the bat. 3D models should be pretty easy to do these from, if you know where to find them of course. Though what will you do if some of them DON'T have 3D models like Primm/Purim or Crono?

Also, don't forget to check up on Lenneth since it seems you came in after I updated with her! ^^