YesNoOk

Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea (Read 74276 times)

Started by apathy, July 23, 2015, 05:00:12 am
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix: Parallel Destinies Fullgame Idea
#61  July 30, 2015, 09:24:07 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Leon Scott Kennedy added. I made him more of a ranged fighter what with all the weapons he's got, but some weapons do require him to be in-close to even hit with, such as the Shotgun. He isn't going to be terrible at melee, but he's better at ranged fighting in this case. All of his moves are based on his weapons from Resident Evil 4 (instead of 6. I don't know much about 6). I was going to give him Suplex as a special throw, but probably will leave that to his normal throw.

Hatter, if you want, I can go back and add in descriptions to all of the movesets, as well as put in the throws. Up to you though.

28/46

(Also, I don't know what to do with Asura, seeing as there's no named anything for his stuff from his game. >_< )
#62  July 30, 2015, 10:08:28 pm
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • a.k.a Ho-Oh's Apprentice, Hatter
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Wow, Leon's move list is total win. I love the ideas you got there man. ^_^

Adding descriptions to the previous move lists is entirely up to you, I don't mind them the way they are. Maybe an excerpt about the character and how people should expect his play style to be is better.

Anyhoo, here's Daigo's move list. Literally just his Rival Schools move list but with a few edits. :

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That's Daigo's move list for ya. The command moves and Wild Wrath were created on the spot. I'll post Cody's movelist later on, and make up something for Asura as well. ^_^
Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr) || (Instagram)
#63  July 30, 2015, 10:13:22 pm
    • USA
I'm reformatting my list to look more like yours, I like it better. So it'll look something like this:

-----------------------------------
LIMIT BREAKS
Spiral Buster Shot (Level 1; QCF, QCF, + LP; Chargeable):
Rekkoha (Level 1; QCF, QCF + HP):
Dash Ultimate Saber (Level 2; QCB, QCB + LK):
Slide Ultimate Saber (Level 2; QCB, QCB + MK):
Sougenmu (Level 2; QCB, QCB + HK):
Genmu Zero (Level 3; F, D, DF, F, D, DF + HK):
Cyber Elf Force (Level 3; LP, LP, D, LK, HK):

If that's too much on the eyes, let me know and I'll fix it up even more.
#64  July 30, 2015, 10:15:50 pm
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm reformatting my list to look more like yours, I like it better. So it'll look something like this:

LIMIT BREAKS
Spiral Buster Shot (Level 1; QCF, QCF, + LP; Chargeable):
Rekkoha (Level 1; QCF, QCF + HP):
Dash Ultimate Saber (Level 2; QCB, QCB + LK):
Slide Ultimate Saber (Level 2; QCB, QCB + MK):
Sougenmu (Level 2; QCB, QCB + HK):
Genmu Zero (Level 3; F, D, DF, F, D, DF + HK):
Cyber Elf Force (Level 3; LP, LP, D, LK, HK):

If that's too much on the eyes, let me know and I'll fix it up even more.

No man that looks good, it's not heavy on the eyes at all. I'll be doing Cody's move list, so I'll put it when I finish. Also if you're going to update the previous move lists on this format, I'll wait until you finish so I can put them all in the first post. ^_^
Only way to go is up.

Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 10:56:28 pm by Black Hatter
#65  July 30, 2015, 10:19:45 pm
    • USA
It'll be a while since there's a looooot to edit. x_x;
#66  July 30, 2015, 10:57:54 pm
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Eh, either way, here's Cody's movelist, based on his SSF4 and SFA3 appearances.

So that's that. I will now edit the first post and add all the made movelists, and will continue to do so as the thread goes along (save for the DLC chars, they'll be done very later on).
Only way to go is up.

#67  July 30, 2015, 11:35:52 pm
    • USA
Seems just like Cody (though how is he pulling a steel pipe out of his pants? Where is he putting that pipe at!? D: > ). Very solid, and a nice mix of his SSF4 and SFA3 appearances. So that makes 31 characters done with movesets (28/46 from me, 3/46 from you), so that means we got 67.3% of the roster's moveset done! Not bad at all~
#68  July 31, 2015, 02:30:33 am
    • USA
Changed Lenneth's moveset to make up for the removal of the Bow/Sword gimmick. Now her and Jessica both are no longer weapon-swapping freaks!

Also did Elly because why not! She looks interesting actually, I like her design (for some reason I was thinking it was the main character dooder. I was wrong!). I was trying to for a character whose special attacks all revolved around Rekka-type inputs, but in the end only 2 of the moves came out that way. Was watching a video on all of her moves, so that's that.

29/46 characters done (32/46 total), bringing the total to 69.5% done!

EDIT: Kou Leifoh done! 30/46 (33/46 total) done, bringing the total to 71.7% done!

EDIT #2: The Master added! I made him a bit weird in that for all of his moves, both versions of a button must be pressed at the end of an input. For instance, if it's a LP move, it also needs LK pressed too. In addition, I gave him a special attack that's based off of Pac-Man's Item Roulette move thingie, since I figured that'd work. Though whether that's easy to code or not, I don't know...

31/46 (34/46 total) done, bringing the total to 73.9% done! If you want Hatter, I can format your movelists and put them into mine, that way whenever you update the one on the front page you don't have to worry about overriding anything.
Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:54:42 am by Xenomic
#69  July 31, 2015, 02:54:38 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Freakin awesome, my man. And yeah, that's why I chose Elly over Fei (Xenogears protagonist), she has a more interesting design than Fei's martial artist look (we already have Doza, Tifa, Han, Kou, and Prishe as DLC, so why another brawler martial artist character?).

That's actually how I wrote Cody's move set, by watching a combo tutorial and writing down descripitions of the move, based on what I saw. ^_^

About the pipe from his pants, I'm dead serious about the pipe, take a look:

Freakin unbelievable, buy hey it's Cody Travers, so whatever I guess.

Anyway, I recall saying that the stages for CvSE will be a la JeanBureau, in the sense that it will be based off of photo-manipulated pics, or in my case, digital paintings. So while I was searching the web for a good concept, I found this:

And I thought immediately this would make a great "Secret of Mana" stage. And so that's what this beautiful painting by Dmitry Kolomeets will be. Of course all credit will be his where due (I'm still looking for a Tumblr or dA to talk with him about this. Or is that not necessary?? :huh2:). Either way, all credit is to him and him only, if I code this.

So for now, I'll christen it "Entrance to the Fairy Forest". Thoughts?
Only way to go is up.

#70  July 31, 2015, 03:01:17 am
    • USA
Oh Cody...

That would work amazingly well for a Secret of Mana stage. I like! You could ask him just in case, wouldn't hurt, but whether or not it'd matter I wouldn't know.

Also, in case you missed it, Kou Leifoh and The Master are both there too, along with a question in my previous post since you just posted after I updated it.

The characters I'm leaving to you (and everyone else) thus far, since I keep saying I won't be doing any others and I end up doing so anyways, are these. These are definite as I have nothing for them, and others may know them better than me outright:

Edward Fokker (He has Limit Breaks, but that's it).
Lou & Siva (Hatter probably already knows what to do with them)
Vanessa (Hatter already has ideas for her)
Prince Doza (Don't know what to do with him)
Han Daehan (Don't know what to do with him)
Vieg (Can't find anything on him)
Asura (May require custom stuff)
Oswald (May require custom stuff)
Rose (Others will probably know her better)

So that leaves Neku that I MIGHT be able to do things with. And we still need to figure out what to do with Serge and Guile and their replacements. 9-10 characters isn't bad out of 46 though!
#71  July 31, 2015, 03:24:00 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I found two websites with the name Dmitry Kolomeets Graphic Design, and IDK which one is which because I'm not seeing that painting on either one. That and I haven't found a Tumblr or a dA or a Twitter; just a ConceptArt.org account, and I don't make an account on that website because reasons.

I think as long as I give him full credit for the painting, I should be fine.  I recall Dan.Mt/Speedster doing it with his Waterfall stage, he credited the artist and put a link to his gallery, and the rest was history. IDK I'll think about it tonight.

Thanks for doing the Master, just take a breather man, I'll handle the rest from here. As for Asura, I could use his moveset from that At Last, Someone Angrier than Me DLC episode, in which Ryu faces off against Asura in a SF4 setting. Also, Vieg will have custom stuff, and some moves from Chaos Rings Omega, so I'll handle him. As for Han and Doza, it's like what I told you via PM, so stay tuned. ^_^
Only way to go is up.

#72  July 31, 2015, 03:28:38 am
    • USA
Yeah, as long credit is given where credit is due, it should be fine. That's what I do for just about everything in my RPG Maker game, since all of the graphics aren't made by me, same with music. ^^;

No problem. I can't really think of anything else to do for the game right now outside of updating movesets (which I might do), so yeah. Still wish I could help with the spriting or coding but...last time I tried to code, it didn't fare so well and I ended up never getting very far. ^^; I also realize that there's an awful lot of shocking going on in these movesets. I could probably tone that back a bit, but we'll see what happens.

I'm told to take a breather a lot whenever I start on stuff but I don't usually lol. Once I start something and have an interest in it, I just keep going and going until I burn out. Or lose motivation. That's just how I am! But at least that takes care of everything else! Who knows? Maybe I find people interested in trying a base sprite like what was done with Primm~ : D
#73  July 31, 2015, 04:03:28 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's aight man, you did a lot for me by writing the move sets, hopefully, the final product of this idea will be impressive. I'll have to start searching into XNA Lara or similar 3D posing programs.

For coding, I'll probably start with Ryu and Ken, due to their similar move sets, and I'll be following a long using Kung Fu Man, and SGSSS Ryon's character creation tutorials, and stages I'll be referencing Cybaster's tutorial. No stage tool for these venues, just pure and raw coding. ^_^

Speaking of stages, since this game will be modelled a bit like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, here's what I have in mind for stages, which will be 8 in total:

Spoiler: Stage List (click to see content)

Well they're ya have it.
Only way to go is up.

#74  July 31, 2015, 04:10:09 am
    • USA
I like the concepts for the stages so far. I almost feel like the stage used in Dissidia 012 that came from FFXI always fit Shinryu perfectly (in fact, I think that is where he was fought in FFXI. He was the final boss of one of the expansions, I forget which though), though a take on that would work fine I feel. Or something spacey at least. I can see a lot of cameos though, much like how it is for several crossover games like MvC, CvS, and CFJ (Did SvC have any crossover cameos?? It's been so long since I've played that game...), which is always fun times~

I'm sure you could find some coders to help you out in that department if need be too. Don't want to take on EVERYTHING by yourself, savvy? ^^;

At least Ryu and Ken will be the easiest to do as they're already in CvS style and shouldn't take TOO long to do, depending on what you do with em. Same with Chun-Li and Ingrid (though Ingrid isn't exactly CvS styled I suppose...but close enough). ^^;
#75  August 03, 2015, 11:28:41 pm
    • USA
Was bored, so I added in the custom states to my movelists section and gave a bit more details on them there. Still thinking of updating my movesets to have the throws and better descriptions of everything, but we'll see what happens there. ^^;
#76  August 03, 2015, 11:38:52 pm
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Awesome. I still haven't worked on the other move sets, need to finish those lists asap
Only way to go is up.

#77  August 03, 2015, 11:41:14 pm
    • USA
Whether or not it'll be easy to code these in, that's another thing entirely, but as stated with many other things too, worry about that when it gets to it I suppose. I can't honestly think of anything else to add to this myself. *Shrugs*
#78  October 03, 2015, 12:47:23 am
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Bumping this because I decided to revamp the idea, and I had a change of heart, and decided NOT to shelve this idea away.

So, down to new business:

--ROSTER--

I've decided to expand the roster to the lengths of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, so as of now, here's the new roster:

Spoiler: Capcom and Square Enix's line up (click to see content)

--GAMEPLAY/GRAPHICS STYLE--

1. GAMEPLAY: The button scheme will be a mix of MvC3/MvC2, as ASAP Buckus is doing for Street Fighter Duo:

-4 regular attack buttons (light and hard punches and kicks. Some chars can access mediums by pressing light attacks in a combo, like MVC2.)
-Special button. (launcher, air combo ender.)
-Assist button

As for character assists, it'll be limited to one per char, because I'm sadistic and want to make it a bit difficullt. Yes, even for myself. :D

2. GRAPHICS STYLE: The sprite style will be CPS2, the same one that's used in MvC/SFA games. The only difference will be in coloring, where I plan to do it similar to how sabockee colors his palettes. Have you seen his CvS Purim and Crono sprites? Then you get the idea I'm going for here.

--STAGES--

I plan to do something different for the stages. One, I decided to take my Marvel vs Capcom 2 inspiration to it's max, so in a sense, I plan to construct them akin to MvC2; in 3D (and I'll be taking time off from pixel art/digital art to practice it. As for stages itself, well, I have names but nothing else (they also take from the last post regarding stages), so:

So that's that. As for designs, concepts, sprites and ideas, I'll be posting stuff about that on my art vault. If you have any suggestions for gameplay, or want to correct me on something, go ahead and do it here.

I won't do any move sets, nor will ask any one to do some for me, as it's very exhausting. That will come very later.
Only way to go is up.

Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 02:58:39 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#79  October 03, 2015, 01:12:18 am
    • USA
Heh. Well, if anything at least you have the original moveset that you can still use for several of these eh? : V

I might still do those though if I'm bored enough and if you give permission for it. Clearly up to you though! I see some new faces here and there, which should be interesting heh~
#80  October 03, 2015, 01:25:49 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
No Kefka?

:(