YesNoOk

Ikemen GO (Read 1222486 times)

Started by K4thos, May 26, 2018, 03:04:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Ikemen GO Plus
#461  March 22, 2019, 07:47:39 pm
uhmmmmm well,........that escalated quickly. Lol.

And @Gacel that's interesting with cornerpush, I think now I will test the characters in Mugen 1.0, old Mugen and winmugen/old ikemen plus to see if there is a code in their file that might be causing this, thank you for testing
#462  March 22, 2019, 08:06:08 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Yeah I was just trying to explain why including that exploit is too dangerous.
MUGEN 1.0 removed it for a reason.
But everything exploded.

I you find what these character made to disable the conerpush inform me.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

That's a lot.
Okay time to answer you questions Mike.

MIDI soundfound should be posible, I will keep it in mind (Is also a feature that interest me)

The Unlock code system could be also be implemented.

The "here comes a new challenger" is already done by K4thos
Here is the post:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But he hasn't uploaded the files that he said he would.
K4thos if you are reading this could you show any signal of life? Please...
But wait!! We haven't made the Suave Dude character yet!!
#463  March 22, 2019, 08:29:08 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Speaking of bosses, I wish for this:
Force certain team modes in Arcade.
This can be useful for bosses or twin opponents (e.g Juli and Juni).
The parameter should be: force=[single,team,turns]
Also, for the team and turns stuff there should be another parameter which connects characters to each other so they appear on the same team, either Simul or Turns. This could be useful for KOF Fangames.
Like this: team=[number]

Quick Examples:
Abyss, stages/MVC2Abyss.def, order=3, boss=1, force=single
Kyo, stages/Japan.def, team=4
Benimaru, stages/Japan.def, team=4
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#464  March 22, 2019, 10:03:13 pm
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
That is posible by just editing the lua files.
But as I said I'm waiting for K4thos to upload the updated ones.
I do not want to implement features in them just to be latter discarded.
#465  March 22, 2019, 10:26:51 pm
looks like @K4thos is going on another 6 month vaction lol
#466  March 22, 2019, 11:22:44 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
His last activity was 4 days ago, which implies that he has been at least lurking here.
Lasagna
Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 12:06:52 am by -Ash-
#467  March 23, 2019, 01:59:39 am
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Palette Loading Problems.
1. If 2+ fighter are chosen with the same palette, they'll all use it, unlike normal Mugen.
2. Mr. Ansatsuken's Ryu is stuck on his SF3 palette, no matter which mode or button. This might be something to do with his Palette Initialization.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update

dan

#468  March 23, 2019, 02:16:03 pm
Quick update on my journey here.
To remember my goal: port Ikemen to Android TV/Box.
I will eventually create a thread about it. But is not quite at the point yet.

I think I'm starting to wrap my head about the project structure and way people use Mugen. I'm just
a fan of old fight games that just learn about Mugen, and went directly to Ikemen - without ever using mugen - because is opensource.

Right now, I have Dockerized the development environment. I can now cross compile windows/linux with ease.
Next target is to cross compile to Mac (my environment).
With that any developer will be able to produce binaries for all platforms from their own environment.
I think being able to produce binaries for all platforms can boost the interest on the project.
Moreover, it will make easy to put together resources from other projects (Mugen dependencies) without concerning about the license of them and to get something up and running quickly.

The reason why containerizing the dev environment is that is important for the next step. Android has too many dependencies.
Setting them up in proper places is annoying and require a lot of work and break easily. Adding that up to the Ikemen project dependencies just magnifies problem. Having the single development environment for all platforms can help gather contributions for a broader community.

I also managed to (in a separate environment) create an Android app from golang+opengl sources. I created the APK file, installed in my phone and it worked. I hope that eventually this experience will help on porting Ikemen for Android.

If is there anyone interested in this project let me know.

#469  March 23, 2019, 04:51:57 pm
@Gacel, bro I've sent you a PM. Pls give it a read and reply me in there :)
#470  March 23, 2019, 05:07:09 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
there's nothing to do with my GPU setting...all who uses winmugen has the screen like that; because its an old engine that doesnt support wide screeen. still wanna doubt on me? go try yourself..and see how the chars look like when you change the setting to stretch = 1 and fullscreen = 1 in winmugen. the chars will become fatty !!

I have done exactly that. Via my GPU settings, I set WinMUGEN to retain its aspect ratio and thus it stayed at 4:3 when running fullscreen; by default, everything stretches to fit unless you tell it otherwise.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#471  March 23, 2019, 07:00:13 pm
I have done exactly that. Via my GPU settings, I set WinMUGEN to retain its aspect ratio and thus it stayed at 4:3 when running fullscreen; by default, everything stretches to fit unless you tell it otherwise.

I'm able to do the same..but I prefer widescreen, means AR 16:9 over 4:3..and you better know how it looks like when the screen turns into 16:9 :(
#472  March 23, 2019, 10:00:14 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Honestly I don't mind it stretching to fit as long as it isn't blurry. Still, WinMUGEN is buggy and outdated, and those engine exploits are a result of this; it'd be silly to deliberately code an exploit into your program that'd allow for arbitrary code injection and execution since that poses a risk to everyone using it, and it'd be just as silly to realistically expect any developers to do it with theirs.

Not trying to be mean here, but from a logical standpoint it just doesn't make sense to purposefully compromise the integrity of a program you're making.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.

dan

#473  March 24, 2019, 12:55:50 am
Good news,
cross compiling mac is working too.
windows/linux/mac in a single environment.
:-)
I can move forward to integrate Android now.
#474  March 24, 2019, 04:24:00 am
Good news,

Thank you for your work and I can't wait to try it out! It felt like ikemen for a while was in a development halt but I'm glad to see there is a bunch of development on it by many now!
#475  March 24, 2019, 08:32:07 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
Good news,

That's great,I could never get to cross compile CGO.

I'm able to do the same..but I prefer widescreen, means AR 16:9 over 4:3..and you better know how it looks like when the screen turns into 16:9 :(

Hey Fisahas could you send a photo of your monitor (not screenshot) while Ikemen is running mid-battle to check how it looks the stretching.
#476  March 24, 2019, 08:37:59 am
Is the support for 32 bit screenpacks still gone? Example MugengersHD, used to get a black screen and had a mess with ikemen trying to get stuff to work. I figured if it isn't there yet I wouldn't bother testing the screenpacks anyway because of how messy it gets
#477  March 24, 2019, 08:41:42 am
  • One of Ikemen GO devs
    • Colombia
I haven't tested it in screenpacks but Ikemen GO has support for 32 bit sprites.
Wait a moment I will test it right now.

EDIT

WHY? Why these sprites does not for on lifebars when it works on everything else? Why?
OK.
That's a bug (Or maybe a unfinished feature?) I'll fix it when I finish my college exams (The next weekend)

Guessing it probably uses a whole different implementation than the rest of the program for displaying lifebar sprites just like lifebars fonts.
Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:53:11 am by Gacel

dan

#478  March 24, 2019, 11:50:24 am
Good news,

That's great,I could never get to cross compile CGO.

I was wondering... after successfully cross-compiling Ikemen to windows/mac/linux I did some research on
how to best integrate that to Ikemen code.
The key issue is licensing.
Several dependencies with different licensing makes it hard to understand how do they combine.
In particular Apple SDK license is very confusing. That adds up to OpenAL which has different license for different platforms.
And I haven't added android yet.

To avoid any contamination of Ikemen code, I think I will keep the dev environment out of the Ikemen codebase.
Besides, a separate project has some advantages such as enabling to customize the images. Right now, without android,
the image has 3GB in size. I think android will add at least 1or 2GB to it.
Later I can add support for Raspberry without disrupting much, and take advantage of tags to allow smaller images.
For instance, if you are only interested in build Ikemen for windows, the image size can be smaller, around 1GB.

An use case would be something like:
for generating binaries for all platforms (this should download a large image one time):
Code:
docker pull ikemen-dev:all  

for small development environment for specific platforms:
Code:
for windows:
docker pull ikemen-dev:win
or for linux
docker pull ikemen-dev:linux
or for mac
docker pull ikemen-dev:mac
or for raspberry pi
docker pull ikemen-dev:pi
or for android tv
docker pull ikemen-dev:android

and to build the binaries will become something as easy as executing this command from the
Ikemen source dir:
Code:
docker run --rm -v $(pwd):/code -e os='win' -t ikemen-dev:all deploy.sh

and Ikemen.exe will be created.
#479  March 25, 2019, 11:22:35 am
it'd be silly to deliberately code an exploit into your program that'd allow for arbitrary code injection and execution since that poses a risk to everyone using it, and it'd be just as silly to realistically expect any developers to do it with theirs.

Not trying to be mean here, but from a logical standpoint it just doesn't make sense to purposefully compromise the integrity of a program you're making.

all the winmugen users running winmugen at their own risk. from that point of view, your words dont ring any bell; because as a modern emulator, Ikemen should include all the features, and users will decide whether to enable exploit feature in Ikemen or not. And if a user dares to take the risk of executing arbitrary code injection, you have got no bigger problem to worry about that.

I'd like to see Ikemen above all other emulators ever released. That's why it should include all the features, and it will let the user decide to enable/disable exploit feature, the unique option no other emulators ever offered before. That's my suggestion to the honorable Ikemen developers.

Hey Fisahas could you send a photo of your monitor (not screenshot) while Ikemen is running mid-battle to check how it looks the stretching.

here you go bro: http://img16.lostpic.net/2019/03/25/5d754458c51208606440a48550b5bbf0.jpg

When winmugen stretches 4:3 screen to 16:9 in fullscreen mode, Ikemen runs perfectly in my widescreen monitor keeping the aspect ratio 16:9 (no stretching and perfect aspect ratio for widescreen). That's why I'm in love with it <3

it will be my pleasure to deliver you anything necessary for the betterment of Ikemen :)
#480  March 25, 2019, 08:22:25 pm
any word from @K4thos? It seems like so much was implemented in the non-released build he had.