YesNoOk

Rolling Thunder : The fighting game (Read 3967 times)

Started by GTOAkira, February 15, 2016, 07:40:53 pm
Rolling Thunder : The fighting game
#1  February 15, 2016, 07:40:53 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Roster :
1-Sahin : Pretty much the same idea as before. He is looking to get his memory back
not really sure on his design yet but he is going to pretty well built and he wont be wearing an shirt
Main inspiration : Raoh (HNK), Urien (SF3), Kenshiro (SF3), Guts (Berserk)
Nationality : Algeria (Yeah I guess it is cool to have someone in the roster representing you country)

2-Nikita : A new character, she was trained by her father in Kendo and she is also part in the army like her father. During a mission, her father disapear and she end up looking for him. She dosent have a big story but I guess it dosent really mater. She would be the sword user of the roster with her Katana
Main Inspiration : Vernita Green (Kill Bill), Michonne (Walking Dead), Jackie Briggs (MKX), Rosa (Kizuna Encounter)
Nationality : United State of Americe

3-Mitsuko : Also a new character, she is basically an assassin that dosent have any emotion in fact, she cant speak. The Yakuza she is working for injected her with a drug that would made her the perfect killing machine. But the drug had some side effect that made her body slowly dying. Not wanting to show her sickness sher bandage all over her body. She would be the fast and agile character of the roster.
Main Inspiration : Gogo (Kill Bill), Hisako (KI), Caska (Berserk)
Nationality : Japan

4-Roddy : While Sahin would be the Ralf of the game, Roddy would be more like the Clark. He is pretty much a fusion between roddy piper and Kurt Russel. Long hair and a beard and wearing a leather jacket. He would be using a mixture of wrestling and street fighting move. After his wife divorce and took his son, Roddy pass most of his time drinking and fighting in bar.
Main Inspiration : Roddy Piper, Kurt Russel, Alex (SF3)
Nationality : Canada

5-Dimitri : He is basically the psycho serial killer of the game. While he use a pair of claw as his weapon(something like Cornell in Castlevania) His design is more based around Dr.Baldhead from Guilty Gear with some Kira element. And, just like Kira, He like to keep something from his victims to remember them, there tongue.
Main Inspiration : Dr.Baldhead (GG), Kira (JJBA), Vega (SF)
Nationality : France

6-Kitano : Basically an homage to Takeshi Kitano, Kitano is the typical Yakuza. Being one of the strongest, he gain the nickname of the Raging bear of Shinjuku not only because of his tremendous strenght, but also because of the bear tatoo on his back. Using a form of street fighting karate, Kitano is a true beast. Dont worry he also has a deep backstory to how he became a Yakuza but il probably post later.
Main Inspiration : Takeshi Kitano, Yamazaki, Black Joke

Looking at roster, it seem that no character use any kind of projectile. Dunno if this is possible, but I guess a mix between sf3 and Tekken would be cool for the gameplay

Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:16:44 pm by City_Hunter
Rolling Thunder : The fighting game
#2  February 18, 2016, 04:03:58 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
After thinking about it I decided to scrap the number thing and do something new while keeping the same idea for the character
the game is still going to be called Rolling Thunder but this time for another reason rather than being a cool name
See in the movie, the main character  lose his hand, wife and kid and go on a revenge quest. The idea is to have every character lose something and trying to get it back.

Roster (10 character because I prefer small roster)
-Sahin : Pretty much the same idea as before. He is looking to get his memory back
not really sure on his design yet but he is going to pretty well built and he wont be wearing an shirt
Main inspiration : Raoh (HNK), Urien (SF3), Kenshiro (SF3), Guts (Berserk)
Nationality : Algeria (Yeah I guess it is cool to have someone in the roster representing you country)

-Ozzie : Like Sahin same idea as before. He will be able to remove his body thx to the zipper that are use to attach them. Im not sure on how he would play but I guess something like Mr.Heart and Birdie. Still have to brainstorm his story but I guess he would be looking for a girlfriend or something like taht.
Main Inspiration : Mr.Heart (HNK), Birdie (SF)
Nationiality : United Kingdom

-Nikita : A new character, she was trained by her father in Kendo and she is also part in the army like her father. During a mission, her father disapear and she end up looking for him. She dosent have a big story but I guess it dosent really mater. She would be the sword user of the roster with her Katana
Main Inspiration : Vernita Green (Kill Bill), Michonne (Walking Dead), Jackie Briggs (MKX), Rosa (Kizuna Encounter)
Nationality : United State of Americe

-Mitsuko : Also a new character, she is basically an assassin that dosent have any emotion in fact, she cant speak. The Yakuza she is working for injected her with a drug that would made her the perfect killing machine. But the drug had some side effect that made her body slowly dying. Not wanting to show her sickness sher bandage all over her body. She would be the fast and agile character of the roster.
Main Inspiration : Gogo (Kill Bill), Hisako (KI), Caska (Berserk)

I guess thats all for the moment I already that it will probably never come to life but I just wanted to share it with you guys and see what you think
Feedback is welcome
Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:52:33 am by City_Hunter
Re: Rolling Thunder : The fighting game
#3  February 18, 2016, 04:33:10 am
  • I laugh at my own jokes 99% of the time
  • a.k.a Ho-Oh's Apprentice, Hatter
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Maybe change Gogo's name to, I dunno Miyako, or Katsuki or something? Anything but Gogo, it honestly sounds like a dork's name (yes, I saw the Gogo character in Kill Bill. And yes, I still think her name is idiotic).

Maybe it could come to life if you utilized a simple graphic style a la Senri Project :derp:?

I like Sahin and Ozzie though. :)
Only way to go is up.

((Twitter) || (Tumblr) || (Instagram)
#4  February 18, 2016, 04:55:57 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I may change her name to Mitsuko and Nikkia will probably change to Nikita
I may also scrap Ozzie since he dosent really fit with the other character anymore
Anyways had an idea for another character
-Roddy : While Sahin would be the Ralf of the game, Roddy would be more like the Clark. He is pretty much a fusion between roddy piper and Kurt Russel. Long hair and a beard and wearing a leather jacket. He would be using a mixture of wrestling and street fighting move. After his wife divorce and took his son, Roddy pass most of his time drinking and fighting in bar.
Main Inspiration : Roddy Piper, Kurt Russel, Alex (SF3)
Nationality : Canada
#5  February 18, 2016, 11:21:43 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
had another idea for a character
Dimitri : He is basically the psycho serial killer of the game. While he use a pair of claw as his weapon(something like Cornell in Castlevania) His design is more based around Dr.Baldhead from Guilty Gear with some Kira element. And, just like Kira, He like to keep something from his victims to remember them, there tongue.
Main Inspiration : Dr.Baldhead (GG), Kira (JJBA), Vega (SF)
Nationality : France
#6  February 19, 2016, 01:39:22 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
And another one
Kitano : Basically an homage to Takeshi Kitano, Kitano is the typical Yakuza. Being one of the strongest, he gain the nickname of the Raging bear of Shinjuku not only because of his tremendous strenght, but also because of the bear tatoo on his back. Using a form of street fighting karate, Kitano is a true beast. Dont worry he also has a deep backstory to how he became a Yakuza but il probably post later.
Main Inspiration : Takeshi Kitano, Yamazaki, Black Joke

Like always feedback is welcome (At this moment I am mostly doing this for fun but some input would be nice)
#7  February 19, 2016, 08:38:37 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
And a new one
Shevchenko : Basically one of the final boss henchmen. Nothing to special about him other than the fact that he can use lightning attack.
Main Inspiration : Not anything in particular
Nationality : Ukraine
#8  March 12, 2016, 08:23:04 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Bump after thinking about it I decided to scrap most of the character backstory since they were, in my opinion, pretty bland. While I try to think of something else here the list of the final character

-Sahin : Algeria : Karate and grappling move (imagine a fusion between Clark and Raoh).

-Beatrix : USA : Kendo (She use a Katana)

-Roddy : Canada : Wrestling (while he is name after Roddy Piper, he would be a fusion between Roddy and Kurt Russel)

-Dimitri : France : A serial killer who use claw and acrobatic move to figt. No it is not a Vega rip off more an hnk ripoff of Club with a Guilty gear touch (Baldhead in this case: Yeah he is bald)

-Shevchenko : Ukraine : The final boss right hand, he is able to produce lightning thx to a special glove he wear. His fighting style would be a mix between Benimaru, C.Viper and Rei from HNK. (A graceful and deadly fighting style)

-Jackal : Germany : The military guy of the game. (Imagine Amiba in a military outfit, an eyepacth and one of his hand being a hook)

Thats the full list for the moment. My goal is to have a roster of 10 character plus the final boss. I know this project may never see the day but I guess it dosent hurt to show my idea. I im not to sure on the story for the moment but you can expect the final boss to be related to Sahin. My plan is also to have every character face their rival and to have their own last battle (something similar to Street Fighter Alpha 2). For the gameplay, I would like something similar to 3rd strike but with something unique added to it.
As always suggestion are welcome (I need to know if there is to much HNK in this)
Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 02:03:54 am by City_Hunter
#9  March 13, 2016, 02:11:03 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Since I would like to go farther with this project I would like to ask what a good way to pratice spriting?