YesNoOk

Character of the Month: December 2011 - Nominations (Read 16788 times)

Started by RajaaBoy, January 05, 2012, 04:42:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Character of the Month: December 2011 - Nominations
#41  January 10, 2012, 11:46:45 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
i actually liked this month a lot better than most. kaf ka, marrow, saimon, ballz, yurika, lotsa cool shit and shit

however i'm not opposed to lurker saying his opinion, even if it is lurker
#42  January 10, 2012, 11:48:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Basara, Jmorphman is talking about the trash talking towards anyone not in a clique, its something that only harms the community and is nothing of a first . He is criticizing the trash talking, not the awards themselves.

my votes are for Marin aoki and genma.
genma needs more love
#43  January 10, 2012, 11:50:11 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X

GOH

#44  January 10, 2012, 11:51:55 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Nothing new here. Just people listing what they like wether it's garbage or not.

I don't get why people voted for Vegeta though. That's just silly. I mean, I would get it if it's a joke character with essence.
#45  January 10, 2012, 11:55:26 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
I'm inclined to agree with Lurker that not a lot this month has stood out to me as particularly good.  It's the reason I haven't nominated anything because what I did like got nominated early on.  (Felicia, Scharl, Ingrid, Harn, Sabretooth.)

I'll give another nomination to Yoshimitsu though.  And WTF at Vegeta getting two nominations.  I know Cybaster and Balth are talented, but are you all seriously that in love with them that you nominate a PUNCHING BAG?

character of the month doesnt work like that, it works by how important you are in the mugen community, how many people know your name. Balthazaar or seanatly could release a pile of steaming shit and they'd still get nominations. I am not taking anything away from them at all, they have created some promising things. but the way people vote strongly suggests its purely because of the person's name or status.
#46  January 10, 2012, 11:56:31 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Genma Saotome by Basara-kun - 3

GOH

#47  January 11, 2012, 12:05:20 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
character of the month doesnt work like that, it works by how important you are in the mugen community, how many people know your name. Balthazaar or seanatly could release a pile of steaming shit and they'd still get nominations. I am not taking anything away from them at all, they have created some promising things. but the way people vote strongly suggests its purely because of the person's name or status.
It's not like it's an organized move. Most people that vote like that, only do that because they don't actually try the characters and make their own judgement. They rather only listen to what people think and it often is misunderstood, so they end up thinking that everything X contributor makes is great, which is not necessarily true.

There are a lot of other not so well known contributors who got nominated like Aki for example. Or Bey.
#48  January 11, 2012, 12:07:41 am
    • Chile
I say people only votes for chars, not for creators. But forget it, I'm enough of trying to convince you about that, so I quit, think what you want. At least you don't want to take Yoshimitsu off the list after all...

Genma Saotome by Basara-kun - 3
I love you too :-*

CANDIDATES
Ingrid by Crazykoopa
Felicia by Jesuszilla
E.Honda by Thedge
Yun by Buckus
Yurika Kirishima by Fervicante
Scharlachrot by aki
Kaf Ka by The_None
Kyo XIII by Ahuron
Retro Ken Masters by Basara-kun
Athena Asamiya by JFCT555
Sabretooth by Kamekaze
Iori-XIII by or2=3
Saiki by or2=3
Yang by Buckus
Heart Heat Harn by Melvanainchains
Marrow by Zero-Sennin
Marin Aoki by Mass
Genma Saotome by Basara-kun

NOMINEES
Maria Christel by Mass - 2
Vegeta by Cybalthazar - 2
Scott Pilgrim (Joke ver.) by Basara-kun - 2
Zero by aznperson569m - 2
Hibiki by Noctis - 1
Keith Wayne by Basara-kun - 1
Falco_l by Zenjidoh - 1
Darkwing Duck by aperson98 - 1
Saimon by Chicken Heart - 1
Shen by Ahuron - 1

Only 2 votes, since Yoshimitsu is out now

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:16:59 am by Santa Basara-kun
#49  January 11, 2012, 12:09:10 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
LOL Why is Vegeta there?
#50  January 11, 2012, 12:13:23 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@santa basara-kun

its not what I think its what I know. It's not about the character at all its about who releases the character and who's taste is fulfilled.
I could go into a rant here but I really want to avoid that at the risk of sounding like "lieutenant douche"

and yes I said take my yoshimitsu off character of month. I told you its not something I care about or subscribe to.

EDIT
LOL Why is Vegeta there?

vegeta is there because it  was done by balthazaar which automatically earns him the "nomination for free card" prime example of what I was saying.

Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 12:31:11 am by DA_MAVERIK
#51  January 11, 2012, 12:33:31 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I think Maverick's right to an extent.  No seriously why else is a fucking PUNCHING BAG nominated twice.  i don't care how good the sprites are, a punching bag is NOT COTM material.  I know for a fact that if Donutman or somebody released a punching bag his release topic would be 5 pages of petty bickering shit as opposed to OH MAN SICK CHAR IS DAT BROLY REAL +1.

I don't care if I've offended anyone, it's the truth.  And I leave you with that.
#52  January 11, 2012, 12:42:58 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I think Maverick's right to an extent.  No seriously why else is a fucking PUNCHING BAG nominated twice.  i don't care how good the sprites are, a punching bag is NOT COTM material.  I know for a fact that if Donutman or somebody released a punching bag his release topic would be 5 pages of petty bickering shit as opposed to OH MAN SICK CHAR IS DAT BROLY REAL +1.
Sad but true..
#53  January 11, 2012, 12:45:10 am
    • Chile
I don't see the problem. I mean, it's not a candidate yet (but only left 1 vote to be one) :P

#54  January 11, 2012, 12:54:22 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Notice how I don't have enough of an e-penis to nominate my own punching bag. 8)

More seriously, take a look at the old CotM nomination topics, and look at some of the silly names posted there, who got 1 or 2 votes, or even got nominated. Granted, they aren't punching bags, but their inherent quality is close to zero sometimes, and yet somebody nominated them.

It's not just about having a name. Bugya would have easily goten a CotM for Vergil when it was released if CotM existed here at this time, and it would have been Bugya's first post on MFG. If a char is really good, it's recognized at such.
And of course people are going to nominate more easily a char released by a known creator. When you read XXX by POTS, GM, Warusaki3 or Vans, you already know it's CotM material, but it still doesn't mean it will get the prize.
#55  January 11, 2012, 01:27:29 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@cybaster

bugya released dante too which was around well after character of the month was but I dont see bugya in any of the COTM slots.
In fact what happened to the guy that released nero, how comes he didnt win? Was he even nominated? instead another RYU or some other character seen for the billionenth time wins.

the name and status of the person has everything to do with how people vote, it isnt about skill. never has been.

in fact you'll see a number of people say "I havent even tested the rest but I am voting for example: MR X" this alone defeats the concept of COTM.
Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:30:36 am by DA_MAVERIK
#56  January 11, 2012, 01:32:46 am
dante lost the first cotm to eagle by jz for the record, by only one vote.
#57  January 11, 2012, 01:40:09 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
dante lost the first cotm to eagle by jz for the record, by only one vote.

doesnt it disturb you that eagle won over dante at all? Not in the slightest?
im just being honest here.

and what happened to the dude that created nero?
#58  January 11, 2012, 01:42:03 am
    • USA
It's not a fair comparison at all, because Dante was still in beta status when he was nominated.  Hell, for a beta character to only just barely lose COTM is a big deal.
#59  January 11, 2012, 01:45:35 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
It's not a fair comparison at all, because Dante was still in beta status when he was nominated.  Hell, for a beta character to only just barely lose COTM is a big deal.

if dante was in beta why include him in character of the month? Doesn't that just cripple his chances of winning? since your saying the comparisson is not fair then surely the competition cannot be fair either.
#60  January 11, 2012, 01:48:33 am
    • USA
A lot of people held out on voting for Dante because he was beta status.  IMO if he was complete he would have won, but I guess we'll never know.

I'm not trying to disprove your point because I actually agree with you.