YesNoOk

Don't you hate it when you lose by someone who's a noob or plays noobish? (Read 91946 times)

Started by light321, January 25, 2007, 04:33:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Don't you hate it when you lose by someone who's a noob or plays noobish?
#41  February 10, 2007, 02:20:34 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I remember playing MVC2 waaaaay back when it first came out in aracdes and this kid came up to me after I had finsihed beating a few of his older friends.  Literally, when he chose each of his characters, he looked up and me and said, "Awww shit!", like I was supposed to be intimidated.  That was the quickest winning match of my life to this day and he instant he lost he let out a wonderful, "What the fuck?!".  It was great.  Those are the people I like beating.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#42  February 10, 2007, 04:10:15 am
  • The fight is never over
Hoshi watch your grammer and spelling but i was about to cry when i just read that story it was so funny  :)

Lets keep it moving
#43  February 10, 2007, 04:30:15 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
Congrats Hoshi, you have dyslexia  :(
Anyways...

I haven't had the joy of being anywhere near an arcade where I live, and the one in the movie theater lacks fighting games so that's out.  I do however, frequently play Super Smash Brothers at school, both versions, and occasionally a game of MK3 for the hell of it. (I really suck at it) What saddens me is the high percentage of people who either play as Marth or Fox, and on the N64 the people who play as Kirby or Fox.  The first time I annihilated everyone with Yoshi's meteor smash was a good day indeed  :cool3:
A couple of games afterwards, I would just get triple teamed until I was eliminated.  People can be such dicks.  (This is of course, only when it is accepted that I am the best one playing during a game.  We have some really good players at my school, and one who is world ranked and goes by the name Chillin.)
#44  February 10, 2007, 06:29:38 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
I remember playing MVC2 waaaaay back when it first came out in arcades and this kid came up to me after I had finished beating a few of his older friends.  Literally, when he chose each of his characters, he looked up and me and said, "Awww shit!", like I was supposed to be intimidated.  That was the quickest winning match of my life to this day and he instant he lost he let out a wonderful, "What the fuck?!".  It was great.  Those are the people I like beating.
Fixed.  This is what I get for typing on a fucked up screen. :(
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#45  February 10, 2007, 12:15:03 pm
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html
my nigga lol i know what you mean but playland arcades damge is too high they rigged that shit od. do you go to chinatown fair? i go almost every friday. yeah some are uptight since their the highest of the highest but youll get used to it. i almost got jumped too in broadway on fordham in some small game store apparently everyone thinks akuma owns and shit around there

Yeah those was the times when game rooms was the shit. Playlands MSH Damage setting was decent back then but their machines use to be broken all the time. I remeber My First time playing MSH December 24th of 1995 i had 23 wins on my first time playing with spiderman. Then i Gave the game away and the rest of the Change i had gave to some homeless dude cause i was depressed i did'nt get the Saturn for christmas. I used to go to Manhattan with 5 dollars, $2.50 for train fair and the rest was to Pwn kids. i would go for 30 wins with Spiderman then with Wolverine and last Cap then go home with change. Now One game is $1.25 with the damage levels thru the roof, get the fuck outta here.
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
#46  February 10, 2007, 01:45:40 pm
  • The Instigator!
The only other time I'll play MVC2 is to kill some time waiting for some good comp to show up at the Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection machine. Or just kill some time in general, I swear a $1.00 can last me a hella of a long time in Marvel vs Capcom 2. At least 30+ minutes without any challengers.

And when good comp does however finally show up i just give my game up to either a no money havin broke ass spectator or little kids.

And dont even get my started on fools who play Noobish in Tekken 5 DR, I swear da LAWD theirs this one foo who uses Hella cheap tactics with law. And he dont even know combos with him neither and all he choose is law, law, law, law. I encountered him like 2 weeks ago but I'm a figure out his cheap little tactic sooner or later. I heard some people already figured him out and are now whoopin his ass like crazy but I'm never there to see it.

And i know you dont need to know any Supah Uberist combos in order to be a good player in fighting games but damnit if that shit aint the most annoyinist evah.
Im back. But no, not really.
Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:52:10 pm by Jason Vasquez
#47  February 11, 2007, 03:47:43 am
  • duwa duwa

Yeah those was the times when game rooms was the shit. Playlands MSH Damage setting was decent back then but their machines use to be broken all the time. I remeber My First time playing MSH December 24th of 1995 i had 23 wins on my first time playing with spiderman. Then i Gave the game away and the rest of the Change i had gave to some homeless dude cause i was depressed i did'nt get the Saturn for christmas. I used to go to Manhattan with 5 dollars, $2.50 for train fair and the rest was to Pwn kids. i would go for 30 wins with Spiderman then with Wolverine and last Cap then go home with change. Now One game is $1.25 with the damage levels thru the roof, get the fuck outta here.
omg msh damn how i loved that game most new shit i have witnessed shuma gorath i got mad wins with him but you know playing noobs who just pick  wolverine or iron man and just jump and punch omg i hated that shit

like cars in reverse ,  ya better back up
#48  February 11, 2007, 09:17:10 am
  • Chicks dig me. (SDS Overfiend is the Gamertag)
    • wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html
Try Fighting hulk with the Repeated jab cheese. Remember msh had no push back and his jab was strong as hell and had guard damage.
The only other time I'll play MVC2 is to kill some time waiting for some good comp to show up at the Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection machine. Or just kill some time in general, I swear a $1.00 can last me a hella of a long time in Marvel vs Capcom 2. At least 30+ minutes without any challengers.

And when good comp does however finally show up i just give my game up to either a no money havin broke ass spectator or little kids.

And dont even get my started on fools who play Noobish in Tekken 5 DR, I swear da LAWD theirs this one foo who uses Hella cheap tactics with law. And he dont even know combos with him neither and all he choose is law, law, law, law. I encountered him like 2 weeks ago but I'm a figure out his cheap little tactic sooner or later. I heard some people already figured him out and are now whoopin his ass like crazy but I'm never there to see it.

And i know you dont need to know any Supah Uberist combos in order to be a good player in fighting games but damnit if that shit aint the most annoyinist evah.

Oh hell yeah thats what i do now up until comp shows up. I Wish i could Play Tekken DR online against you man we prob get some good as games in. I use to play tekken with my boy all fucking day long till my moms force me to go inside and walk it off. Same with fighters megamix,Doa 3 and Xmen versus streetfighter for saturn. Those was the days before i had a child and had mad time to spend on whupping ass.

Now When i quit games ibn the arcade after about 10 wins now then i give it to the liitle shorties coming up cause i remember when i have no moeny to play games back in the day. I remember i use to ask dude for they last man in Games or second round in SF.
especially in shit like double dragon,Final fight,Carrier airwing,Golden axe,strider Etc.Basically whenever i could get a Free every 100,000 and make a game out of it (Mainly when they die on the first stage.) I was good cuz i got me a game.I was Fiend i guess thats why this my Xbox live gamertag. I can wait till VF5 drops and I hope Tekken (Maybe i will see you Jason cross your fingers.)

BTW anybody uphere on live Holla at me. You see the Name.
i swear, Stupid muthafokkers exist all over this board!
Nonetheless Dickriders get all of the Attention!
Go Figure.
--------------
Yes online Gaming is important........ Who Else are you gonna practice on?
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/star.html

Beta Kagetsura can still be found here.
http://wrestlingarena2.free.fr/Kagetsura.rar
Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 09:20:27 am by SDS Overfiend
#49  February 12, 2007, 12:24:36 am
  • duwa duwa
 :o damn what age you got your kid was it kinda young im lucky i never got a kid yet with all that sex ive been getting im damn lucky lol.  yeah man i play tekken but not alot seriously i dont think king is top tier in any of the games i get wins but i think it was to a bunch of noobs i only see devil jin that sumo nigga and eddy gordo i think.

#50  February 14, 2007, 05:32:30 am
  • Son of a Mother*ucker
  • Mode Change... Mode 2!
    • Mexico
    • www.freewebs.com/fightingspiritsmexico/
well, here at home the Noobs love using Rugal in 02... I usually Last 10 or 12 fights with not effort put at all, but sometimes I am caught off/guard, then I do what every good player should do... Challenge again and kick the @ss of the ofender, but if Someone shows than (s)he is better than the game I am Allowed to use I usually congratulate them...

Clic on the Sign, then on The flags (U.S. 4 English talkers & MX 4 Spanish Talkers), then go to "Descargas/Downloads" And You're in the Downloads Section
#51  February 14, 2007, 07:41:25 pm
I go to a lot of arcades, but only rarely do people approach the same machine to play against me. Must be something about my town; like  a phobia of invading someone's privacy, or something. But every so often, some kid will come up to the arcade to show off their 1337 tourney-level techniques they spent the day reading off of GameFAQs, mispronounciations included. It's honestly a little humbling to hear that my tricks are not unique to me, and that they have names completely different than my own and are well-known on the internets.

Anyway, what a lot of challengers and wanna-be champs don't understand is that the tricks are there to augment the rest of the game, and that you shouldn't give up effective fighting in favour of pretending to be clever. Sometimes a weak kick is all you needed. But no, they have to go for the crossups or try to win exclusively using special moves, even if it didn't work last round. They also don't account for learning, either. If it works, when they recover you shouldn't do it again. You're better off trying a completely opposite technique, so you'll catch them off-guard again.

And they really, truly believe they're at the tournament level just because they read about tiers and fireball traps and secret costumes and shit. So even if they lose brutally, they still pretend to be your equal. Maybe even pointing out your techniques that they still fell for. I've even been given tips: "that was definitely the wrong situation for a crossup, there.", "you know the shakunetsu hadouken is better, right?" (it's slower, by the way), etc. If it was the wrong thing to do, you wouldn't have fallen for it. If you treat the fight like a formula instead of a mind game, you're not understanding the way to compete in a fighting game.

So because of their supreme confidence, even after a humiliatingly one-sided defeat, you still get "good game, huh?" or "really great fight, man" or "wow, we're pretty evenly matched" (yeah, you really showed your mettle with that one shoryuken you landed, dumbass). So what do you say to that?

My policy is honesty > politeness, and I tell them "no, not really". Despite that, I'm always willing to gently tell them why they lost so badly, even with their 'unstoppable techniques'. Few are willing to listen, taking the same stance of "sure, you think you know what you're talking about" as I do, but maybe they'll still have learned.

What do you guys think? Is it better to break it to them softly that they suck whale penis, or to give them false praise?
Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:43:50 pm by Arthur
#52  February 14, 2007, 08:29:25 pm
  • duwa duwa
seriously as a competitive player i have come across this plenty of times. personally i think just break it to them if they keep complaining,keep telling you advice, keep calling your tactics cheap or gay, just break it down youll feel better to tell them scrubs whats really good.

#53  February 14, 2007, 09:26:22 pm
    • www.angelfire.com/jazz/Anime
seriously as a competitive player i have come across this plenty of times. personally i think just break it to them if they keep complaining,keep telling you advice, keep calling your tactics cheap or gay, just break it down youll feel better to tell them scrubs whats really good.

its amazing really, I zone well with sent/cable in mvc2, too many times random people i play call me "cheap". they say shit like "get out of the air and fight me like a man" ROFL, i just smile and keep playing.  then after the match i try and tell them that zoning is an important part of the game and you need to learn how to counter it, it isnt as cheap as you think. then they just say "yea whatever its cheap". i dont care for those type of people. even though i always beleive we as 2d fighters should try and help the community grow and stay strong, its people like those you have to let go of, because they dont understand the work and dedication it takes to get good at these games. they think 2d = simple.

"I can Fight Again, My Fight"
#54  February 22, 2007, 09:18:24 pm
  • NESTS is dead, yeah, I said it! What?
    • www.freewebs.com/n8space/index.html
The only waqy my best friend can beat my Kula in KoF: MI2 is by spamming Athena's projectiles.

Fail.
#55  February 23, 2007, 04:36:29 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
The only noob i've ever lost to is my mother. Yes, my mother!! She did the typical button mashing, where I could'nt get anywhere near her without getting spanked. Anyway, I was 8. Thats my excuse, and i'm sticking to it! Later i found out that noobs quite often don't block at all, and if they do, they often leave their legs unguarded. You can usual smack down a noob by playing keep away with projectiles...but then they just start saying "hey, lets play without energy attacks and see who wins".  >:(
#56  February 23, 2007, 05:08:59 am
  • Small characters can kick big ass.
    • USA
My most embarassing loss was to my aunt. We were playing X-Men Vs. Street Fighter for the PSX, and she was using Chun-Li. I went easy on her during the first round, beating the holy hell out of her until she had a tiny chunk of life left, then I let her beat me that round. Then round 2 came along, and I told her I wouldn't hold back anymore. After I said that, she went on a mashing spree...
WHILE HOLDING THE CONTROL UPSIDE DOWN!

All she did was just mash her buttons, and for some reason, I just couldn't beat her. And to make it worse, I was using Magneto with Gouki as my partner.  I still can't understand how I let myself lose like that. --;
#57  February 23, 2007, 05:28:23 am
  • Frozen in Time
  • The siege continues...
    • USA
    • www.eternal-anomaly.com
What do you guys think? Is it better to break it to them softly that they suck whale penis, or to give them false praise?

What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.  Point out their mistakes (even if they're egocentric...or simply too proud to listen).
Latest Release: Here / Current Projects: The Penguin & Stage Rectifications (2nd Set)
Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 04:23:58 am by Mature4evr
#58  February 23, 2007, 04:30:41 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
When I play against "noob" players I used to hold back to make fights more interseting. Then  I lost in the arcade because I underestimated my opponent (Damn SC2 button mashers). I rarely accept such challenges now . Like Oro says in SF3TS "If I keep fighting you, I might get worse!"  :D
#59  February 23, 2007, 06:07:13 pm
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
i remember playing, i think it was Marvel SuperHeroes at an arcade. i played alone and had no clue what i was doing, then  some guy came along and joined in. "your gonna get beat kid im so good"...

warmachine showed him otherwise...

"HERES MY SUNDAY BEST!", bitch...

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#60  February 25, 2007, 01:06:16 am
  • duwa duwa
marvel superheroes doesnt have warmachine lol. yea but if you play people who are worse then you theres no reson to hold back at all