YesNoOk

NoZ W.I.P War2oNe (ART CONTEST FOR MAIN MENU) (Read 547278 times)

Started by NoZ, March 20, 2012, 12:53:03 am
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ W.I.P (NEED HELP NAMING MY NEW SCREENPACK,normal bars added)
#81  April 11, 2012, 12:33:10 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Yes, I can tell from the screenshot period...just look at those marvelously handled gradients.

Beautiful solid gold shit that NoZ crapped out. :P
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja

NoZ

#82  April 11, 2012, 02:02:40 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Thanks guys
#83  April 11, 2012, 06:17:22 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Dang son, loving the blue feel to it.

NoZ

Re: NoZ W.I.P (NEED HELP NAMING MY NEW SCREENPACK,VS screen added)
#84  April 12, 2012, 01:10:56 am
    • Puerto Rico
UPDATE

VERSUS

Im making a vid so you can see the animations in this,im proud of the results

CONCEPT OPTIONS

I just had to find use for that art,should I change rocks for the training stage testures from sfxt?
#85  April 12, 2012, 01:20:16 am
    • USA
UPDATE

VERSUS

Im making a vid so you can see the animations in this,im proud of the results

CONCEPT OPTIONS

I just had to find use for that art,should I change rocks for the training stage testures from sfxt?

IMO, the rocks looks fits with Ryu/Kazuya in pandora mode not mention it fits the color quite well.
it looks awesome!  :2thumbsup:

although i'm not sure the blue/purple colors of the options would fit with the fiery/gray color on the rest of the screenpack.
yet, i haven't seen the entire parts of the projects.
#86  April 12, 2012, 01:26:40 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man this will be a great first half of the mugen season. I like the art used for the option screen, now will the art be glowing. Also, what fonts are you using for it and what are your dimensions. I tried changing the fonts for my gear wip but, no go with it. The versus screen is on point and nice art works as usual. Looking forward to seeing the animations for the versus screen. :twisted:
#87  April 12, 2012, 02:03:17 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
:pwnonk:

Wow. This is all looking pretty fucking insane and I can't wait to see things in motion. NoZ, you're certainly outdoing yourself here. Keep the awesomeness coming!!  :lugoi:

Just a small detail I noticed: considering how your versus screen "versus" is all bold and booming, you should apply the same style to your Lifebar names and timer. E.G. resizing the fonts slightly so that they pop out from their placement, giving some more dimension?? Have you thought of making the timer font the same style as well??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:06:35 am by Saikoro

NoZ

#88  April 12, 2012, 02:09:10 am
    • Puerto Rico
#89  April 12, 2012, 02:14:59 am
  • SNK is life
Sex. That is all.
#90  April 12, 2012, 02:31:09 am
  • Was it something I said?

It's the most beautiful screenpack I've ever seen.
#91  April 12, 2012, 03:09:51 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
My HTC Evo is being a fucktard with shitty service, therefore, not allowing me to view your video. I instead noticed a small blemish on your pristine coat of awesomeness:

Watch the white gradient edges on your portraits. Goku and Bison have black to white pixels around their edges, taking away a small bit of detail from your conversion. Or is it just the end result of your art style??  :???:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#92  April 12, 2012, 03:13:04 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Just saw the video and now I need to clean the table because of too much rainbow puking :D amazing 
Chilling

NoZ

#93  April 12, 2012, 03:39:46 am
    • Puerto Rico
My HTC Evo is being a fucktard with shitty service, therefore, not allowing me to view your video. I instead noticed a small blemish on your pristine coat of awesomeness:

Watch the white gradient edges on your portraits. Goku and Bison have black to white pixels around their edges, taking away a small bit of detail from your conversion. Or is it just the end result of your art style??  :???:

Thanks for that bro,gonna check them portraits to see if it was a mistake I made when making them,thanks for the comments people it motivates the hell out of me,this is a work for you guys ;)
#94  April 12, 2012, 03:45:34 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

Damn...NoZ serving up a juicy steak and leaves the dogs drooling.  :D

I too noticed what Sai mentioned about the portraits.

That is all my friend.

Rock on.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#95  April 12, 2012, 03:59:51 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Loving everything you have done thus far. Keep up the awesome and hard work.
#96  April 12, 2012, 07:35:32 pm
  • SNK is life
Yo NoZ, you do realize you need to release a tutorial, or a FULL PORTRAIT PACK for this to become the ULTIMATE MUGEN STANDARD BADASS SCREENPACK, right?
#97  April 12, 2012, 07:49:06 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Alrighty. Here's some feedback judging from the video. I'm actually on my Laptop, so here's some in-depth thoughts....

First and foremost, excellent, excellent, excellent design. You have your own style of creation along with some SFxT inspired elements. Bad-ass man. However, your choice to leave elements within a "box" take away from your design. For instance, the stone on your title screen looks good (It could be a little bigger IMO, like say the entire bottom 1/3 of the leftmost corner could be utilized), but having the text restricted to a black border looks downright novice. And you're clearly not a novice. Also, have you thought of having more characters other than Ryu fade/transition in/out?? I know you have that specific animation of Ryu, but other characters would be a welcome choice. If you leave just Ryu, thats boss as well. It looks brilliant.

Also consider you have TONS of real estate left on the title screen. Perhaps you could put a logo, or scrolling text somewhere??

The Select Screen looks awesome. Boxes for your stage select though....  :-\ And as far as your pulsating border goes, that is a very nice touch, but it looks restricted as it's only the edges glowing, therefore it limits the impact you're looking for. I say you should slow the strobing effect down just a bit and add in a filter that affects the entire stone slab in a subtle way, waranting depth. Think of how a campfire illuminates nearby stones at night. That would be awesome.

The Versus screen looks amazing too. Could you perhaps animate the cracks so that they venture towards the versus font?? That would give it more of a "BOOM" effect, subconsciously telling the player that some crazy ass shit is gonna go down in a few seconds. Also, consider the strobing effect here too as that glow is only on the edges here as well. Maybe you could also include a subtle portrait scroll, like Street Fighter 4's VS screen (the Portraits slowly move towards eachother)??

Lastly, the Options Screen. Same goes here with the pulsating effect. Have you thought of perhaps animating those stone slabs so that they move a bit, like an earthquake or something?? Just food for thought.

All-in-all, this is simply awesome. It's great to see screenpacks getting the attention they finally deserve. Lastly, I have about another 6 or so MvC2 portraits to convert. If you like, I have all of them saved as 1500x1500 pixel templates, ready to go for some specific formatting once I am completely done with my little portrait conversion project. Let me know if you're interested.  ;D

Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:05:27 pm by Saikoro
#98  April 12, 2012, 08:45:55 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
A wild Saikoro appears with a mountain of useful feedback.  :D

Noz, you've probably seen them already but The Fighter's Generation has a bunch of animations under the character profiles...for most of your faves.

IMO, some would even look better than that Ryu anim in your menu screen.

Like for example...
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/evilryu-udon-animation.gif

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/akuma-controllergif.gif

...and I'm sure there are bound to be other chars available as well if you search.

Keep up the good work. This thing is going to be pure win when you release it.

NoZ

#99  April 12, 2012, 10:06:19 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Yo NoZ, you do realize you need to release a tutorial, or a FULL PORTRAIT PACK for this to become the ULTIMATE MUGEN STANDARD BADASS SCREENPACK, right?
YUP,you guys will be treated to portraits for 120 characters,this includes:

a.custom small portrait for the custom select version
b.big portraits
c.victory portraits
d.lifebar portraits
f.psd for every type of portraits

I will try to make a tutorial for this portraits cause they can be a bit hard to do

Alrighty. Here's some feedback judging from the video. I'm actually on my Laptop, so here's some in-depth thoughts....

First and foremost, excellent, excellent, excellent design. You have your own style of creation along with some SFxT inspired elements. Bad-ass man. However, your choice to leave elements within a "box" take away from your design. For instance, the stone on your title screen looks good (It could be a little bigger IMO, like say the entire bottom 1/3 of the leftmost corner could be utilized), but having the text restricted to a black border looks downright novice. And you're clearly not a novice. Also, have you thought of having more characters other than Ryu fade/transition in/out?? I know you have that specific animation of Ryu, but other characters would be a welcome choice. If you leave just Ryu, thats boss as well. It looks brilliant.

Also consider you have TONS of real estate left on the title screen. Perhaps you could put a logo, or scrolling text somewhere??

The Select Screen looks awesome. Boxes for your stage select though....  :-\ And as far as your pulsating border goes, that is a very nice touch, but it looks restricted as it's only the edges glowing, therefore it limits the impact you're looking for. I say you should slow the strobing effect down just a bit and add in a filter that affects the entire stone slab in a subtle way, waranting depth. Think of how a campfire illuminates nearby stones at night. That would be awesome.

The Versus screen looks amazing too. Could you perhaps animate the cracks so that they venture towards the versus font?? That would give it more of a "BOOM" effect, subconsciously telling the player that some crazy ass shit is gonna go down in a few seconds. Also, consider the strobing effect here too as that glow is only on the edges here as well. Maybe you could also include a subtle portrait scroll, like Street Fighter 4's VS screen (the Portraits slowly move towards eachother)??

Lastly, the Options Screen. Same goes here with the pulsating effect. Have you thought of perhaps animating those stone slabs so that they move a bit, like an earthquake or something?? Just food for thought.

All-in-all, this is simply awesome. It's great to see screenpacks getting the attention they finally deserve. Lastly, I have about another 6 or so MvC2 portraits to convert. If you like, I have all of them saved as 1500x1500 pixel templates, ready to go for some specific formatting once I am completely done with my little portrait conversion project. Let me know if you're interested.  ;D

dont worry to much for the main menu,as of now that is like 20% done,that little space unused next to ryu has been reserved for something special,now for the "box" where the font is it also has something reserved for it,now I dont know if Ryu should be used for the intro,so I can do a special art slideshow or something let me know what you guys think

A wild Saikoro appears with a mountain of useful feedback.  :D

Noz, you've probably seen them already but The Fighter's Generation has a bunch of animations under the character profiles...for most of your faves.

IMO, some would even look better than that Ryu anim in your menu screen.

Like for example...
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/evilryu-udon-animation.gif

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/characters/akuma-controllergif.gif

...and I'm sure there are bound to be other chars available as well if you search.

Keep up the good work. This thing is going to be pure win when you release it.

I actually checked a lot of them out,but sadly the ones I like just dont loop nicely,unlike Ryu jumping in there with them purdy biceps :P

thanks a lot people :sugoi:

NoZ

#100  April 13, 2012, 04:43:11 am
    • Puerto Rico