YesNoOk

Street Fighter V (Read 2929741 times)

Started by O Ilusionista, December 05, 2014, 01:44:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Street Fighter V
#2621  July 28, 2015, 04:12:31 pm
  • SNK is life
They only switched Nash to command motions, instead of charge.
#2622  July 28, 2015, 04:26:55 pm
yeah it's probably because they didn't want alot of charge characters in there... which could mean that besides guile, we may see Boxer, Claw or a new charge character.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2623  July 28, 2015, 06:13:09 pm
    • Peru
i believe Bison still has his charge moveset in SFV, so no i don't think it's a gameplay design.
I'm with Byakko on this. It's a gameplay design element to avoid people turtling forever in the corners. I mean, charging back pushes you away from the opponent and still you can reach them with sonic booms. I know this shit perfectly because I play Bison and Guile has been his worst match since forever because it's really hard to get in due to Guile being able to play super defensively.

In the case of Bison and his charge motions... well, throwing a full screen Scissor Kick is dumb and even not safe as throwing a Sonic Boom. And still, If you manage to hit the opponent you just went out of the corner, so in that case doesn't make sense to change the command.

I don't know if they changed Chunli's Kikkoken command, but for her it's really different since her projectile can't be used as a full screen attack.

You can still play defensively going to the corner and waiting there, but remember most of the previously invincible moves like the Flash Kick lack invincibility, so if you go that way you are going to be in trouble.
#2624  July 28, 2015, 08:49:28 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
And after the SFxTK nonsense(where I stated the fact people got pissed when Poison was basically the butt of jokes)
I mean, you didn't actually say that until now but uh sure, OK. I myself also have a some reservations with some of the winquotes in SFxT, but overall I'm pleased that Capcom hasn't really backed down from all this, they're just letting this cool quasi-villainous character (who happens to be trans) share the spotlight with their other, more well known characters, and all the while she's totally working it. It's like this weird thing where it started as, and is still kinda continuing to be a cheap joke, but it's also somehow become a real inclusive move, somehow? Poison is a very cool character, she's fun!

This is gonna be my end thoughts since some wanna-be moderator is taking offense:

I don't hate Poison at all either and I even get the appeal of her being a trans character, I'm just not a fan of stuff like that being made as a joke(because SF does kinda use nationalities or pure exaggerations as a joke for some of it's characters) because I feel like they could already joke about Poison simply trying too hard(like how in a win quote Mai would have against Angel in KOF is how she tries too hard to be sexy).
In the end result it's just something I'm not a fan of personally and until then, I'd rather see her as just a girl till Capcom lessens off with the joke of her being a newhalf and instead more of how hard she tries being promiscuous.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#2625  July 29, 2015, 12:14:46 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
I'm not trying some wanna-be mod. I'm just saying to quit it cause the argument is getting old already.

Look, I get it, Poison is like really questionable when it comes to looks and her "newhalf" gender (in fact there are times where I forgot that she's a trans at times while playing as her in USFIV since they're sexualizing the fuck out of her). But it doesn't need to evolve into this big of an argument. And frankly, I don't think it's a joke at all. It's, on an odd way, their way of how to beat up someone without feeling like you just beat up a girl (guessing in their thoughts when they're making Final Fight).

I'm kind of neutral on this whole Poison debacle, but I also accept her being a trans. I just don't get why have a really big argument involving one character of whether she's supposed to be a girl or not.
#2626  July 29, 2015, 12:18:20 am
#2627  July 29, 2015, 12:19:08 am
I just don't get why
Protip : when your sentence starts with that (and even more so if it ends with "drop it"), it means you shouldn't join in an argument or tell people to shut up. You're not supposed to think it'll be of any help when you say you don't understand why people have feelings toward stuff. It actually makes people annoyed and angry instead. You can't possibly think it's a good idea to say "I don't understand your emotions, therefore shut up".
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 12:22:32 am by DKDC
#2628  July 29, 2015, 12:28:00 am
  • The Goddess Returns
@Zemillia

It's exactly what Titlin and DKDC states, I wouldn't have a problem at all stopping the argument if you politely asked, not demand me to stop the argument as if I'm doing something horrible.

I get it there are some arguments that are best not started because of how it always end up(hell, I sometimes still get into it with some people over a certain subject still from time to time) but unless it gets completely out of hand, there's no point in ever forcing someone to end it because.
Me and JMorph and a few others actually had a pretty civil discussion over this from other places(coughGamecoughfaqscough) so there was no need for that anyways.

And besides, not much else to talk about till the beta restarts...

Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

Bea

#2629  July 29, 2015, 02:41:08 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Clearly, Poison has a Schrödinger's penis.
It may be there, it may not. We will only know when the shorts drop. :P

Regardless if she is pre-op or post-op, she was of extremely importance for me during my teen years and it was nice to see her back in SF vs Tekken and Ultra SFIV.
But I highly doubt she will be part of the first 16 characters in SFV.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#2630  July 29, 2015, 03:29:59 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Eh,this got posted on 4chin and some anons think we might get a rival schools guest in there somewhere

I mean it is highly unlikely we will but a man can hope,can he not?
#2631  July 29, 2015, 03:40:25 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
It's probably whoever runs the SF account (maybe a market representative or the developers, idk) thought the fanart is cool enough to share.

That's a pretty clever fanart though, but still not ringing any bells about a Rival Schools guest char... Or can it?
#2632  July 29, 2015, 03:44:04 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That's a pretty clever fanart though, but still not ringing any bells about a Rival Schools guest char... Or can it?

Highly unlikely, but if it does, I hope to God its either Daigo, Akira or Kyosuke. Yeah I know, it's dumb but a man can hope, right?

I like how that fan-art turned out though. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#2633  July 29, 2015, 04:26:38 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Clearly, Poison has a Schrödinger's penis.
It may be there, it may not. We will only know when the shorts drop. :P

Regardless if she is pre-op or post-op, she was of extremely importance for me during my teen years and it was nice to see her back in SF vs Tekken and Ultra SFIV.
But I highly doubt she will be part of the first 16 characters in SFV.

I have no issues with that because I also have idolized video game characters and hope to a return to grace(Zidane Tribal was mine, was giddy as a schoolgirl when he showed up first in the Japanese Dissidia Trailer).

My only issue was the jokes and Capcom never fully being clear COMPLETELY about it. Otherwise go nuts.

Eh,this got posted on 4chin and some anons think we might get a rival schools guest in there somewhere

I mean it is highly unlikely we will but a man can hope,can he not?

Rivals Schools gonna get some love? *Sigh* kinda wish AKIRA would allow some SF EX characters in there...would really love the return of Hokuto and Kairi.

#2634  July 29, 2015, 04:55:05 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Why are you sighing? Why did you even shove SF EX into something related to Rival Schools? Is it really just because it's not relevant to your precious SF EX? I can't even...

And most importantly, why are you still going on about Poison's dick?

Shit
#2635  July 29, 2015, 05:08:31 am
    • Brazil
She doesn't seem to have a dick anymore, there is no volume there.
#2636  July 29, 2015, 05:28:18 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I didn't say that she has a dick, I more-so asked why there is still an argument about it to begin with.

Shit
#2637  July 29, 2015, 05:37:08 am
"who cut off poison's juicy cock" is a major plot point in the sf5 story
#2638  July 29, 2015, 05:43:38 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
thats quite a nice fan arts neat akira reference
a rs char would be pretty cool as a dlc or something
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2639  July 29, 2015, 06:32:59 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Why are you sighing? Why did you even shove SF EX into something related to Rival Schools? Is it really just because it's not relevant to your precious SF EX? I can't even...

And most importantly, why are you still going on about Poison's dick?

Why do you have an avatar of Filthy Frank? Why are you caring? Why are you crying that I even cared to ask and most importantly, why are you giving a shit about me giving a shit about Poison?

No seriously leave the shit be, I have no issue with no Rival School characters, wanted to see some EX characters(why does THAT bug you?) and I was talking to Bea, don't know why you inserted yourself in there.

#2640  July 29, 2015, 06:50:31 am
you people are boring the shit out of me, stop flooding this thread with your irrelevant discussions. i want to know more about SFV's gameplay so shut up and give the beta players a chance to talk about it.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞