YesNoOk

How did you heard about Mugen the first time? (Read 7443 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, February 05, 2012, 08:57:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: How did you heard about Mugen the first time?
#21  February 06, 2012, 12:41:50 am
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
I found a Yuyuko picture on a random website and I was curios which anime that character is from. First thing I found was a Mugen video with the character in it, so I thought "Oh, it's a fighting game character in a game called Mugen. Whoa, that beam attack is awesome, and the characters are cute, let's download".
I actually found Mugen first and the original Touhou games days or weeks later. That was in 2008, July or August, I think.
#22  February 06, 2012, 03:30:03 am
I've knew of MUGEN for years, but didn't really think about it until I saw my uncle playing a flash game with the Street Fighter characters in the KoF sprite style. My thought was, "I know this could only be done with this thing called 'MUGEN,'" and I became interested in how the stuff was made. That was only in 2010; 2 years later, here I am trying to make my own stuff.

GOH

#23  February 06, 2012, 12:01:51 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Some of my friends had this MKP fullgame in high school and when I saw them playing it, I noticed the words "M.U.G.E.N.", so I decided to do a little research and found out that it was actually an engine which allowed other stuff to be made. So there.
#24  February 06, 2012, 12:11:34 pm
In 2001, this cd cover which I found makes me know about Mugen:

I was amazed with the screenshots when I first saw it, Sagat vs Joe, Gouki vs Shingo and thinking that it is another sequel of Capcom vs SNK series :P

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#25  February 06, 2012, 10:08:28 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
#26  February 07, 2012, 12:01:28 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
In 2001, this cd cover which I found makes me know about Mugen:

I was amazed with the screenshots when I first saw it, Sagat vs Joe, Gouki vs Shingo and thinking that it is another sequel of Capcom vs SNK series :P

:pwnonk:

Whaaaaa!?!? Interesting find. Where the hell did you come across this?? It's very good quality. It also has that rustic "flea market" look to it. Awesome.

Is it sad that I recognize every character showcased here??  ;P
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 12:05:06 am by Saikoro
#27  February 07, 2012, 01:48:58 am
I borrow it from a PC Game Library Centre and found this. 8)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#28  February 07, 2012, 01:59:20 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
Damn this thread again, was a member of sfo during the reu drama controversy.

Omg I miss street mugen too. Even though half the links were dead it was exciting to see the vast amounts of characters I've always dreamed of playing put into one single game.
#29  February 07, 2012, 02:07:39 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Twas' a long time ago...
Someone from the Guild YEARS ago apparently gave my friend a copy of some Mugen fullgame.
He showed me the game and I loved it.  He also introduced me to the Guild and well, here I am.
#30  February 07, 2012, 01:45:31 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Back in 2003, I was at a cyber cafe I often hang out after school and the cafe's admin was tinkering with it. I was completely hooked at that point. I still remember the game he was making. It used dr4ch1R's MvC2 screenpack and had Superman and Isabeau in it. lol

Also, Streetmugen!! I haven't heard about that site in ages.

Bea

#31  February 08, 2012, 06:11:22 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#32  February 08, 2012, 10:04:40 pm
  • I'm not a player, I guard-crush a lot.
    • USA
    • mugenorama.smeenet.org/index.html
I used to hang around the Dreamcast homebrew/emulation community back in 2000/01. People kept asking coders to port MUGEN to the Dreamcast, and coders kept replying that the DC couldn't handle it. Then I did some research about MUGEN, and got interested in making stuff for it. After making stuff for myself as practice, I started releasing stuff (that I wasn't ashamed of) to the public in...2002, I wanna say.
#33  February 08, 2012, 10:16:11 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I saw a video of Tetsu Yatogi fighting Dio Brando on an airplane with Crows Claw "Illusion" as the BGM.

Pretty epic and caught my interest.
#34  February 08, 2012, 10:37:11 pm
  • Just a regular goon
I found MUGEN because I wanted to make a 3D fighting game. I coulden't find any 3D so i googled 2D instead. Think I found another creator then MUGEN. I decided to give it a try. Took me a week to figure out how to add Charecters and stages. 2 years later i joined MFG and became that "kid constantly hunting for Tekken charecters and stages".
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#35  February 09, 2012, 10:29:49 pm
Was looking for DBZ roms back in 2000 and  came across this

Thats when it all started, the rest is history.

#36  February 09, 2012, 10:57:47 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
It was early 2006 when I first saw MKvsSF by Proxicide and was blown away with what could be done with flash (back then).

...Then I remember reading a thread about it on the Dreamcast Emulation UK forums where somebody asked;

"Could it be possible to make a fullgame like MKvsSF using M.U.G.E.N.???" This word made of letters separated by five dots puzzled me, so I Googled.

...and the first thing that came up was Mugenation website.  --;

I got immediately hooked, must've easily downloaded over 75+ characters and over 200+ stages, would play my custom compilation game on occasion until I realized it was a very very broken piece of shit.

That's when I joined here, MI and IMT to get more serious about building some games.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#37  February 10, 2012, 12:58:24 am
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
I was looking around youtube when i came across a video showing winnie the pooh vs.... isabeau. on a mortal kombat stage and marvel super heroes lifebars
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
#38  February 10, 2012, 06:49:11 am
    • USA
I first heard of Mugen when I was in YT, during late '07/early '08. I saw a matches with one of PoshPsylocke's Sailor Moon chars. I started to become interested. During that time, I saw more fights, including rosters. I became even more interested. I even saw Mugen rosters like this one with a truckload of slots.  I was amazed.  :sugoi:

In early '09, I first tried out mugen by downloading a Street Fighter Mugen fullgame. I was sooo excited to play it. However, most of the chars are tough. I also didn't know that the characters had files on it. I played it for hours; It felt like I played it nonstop.

During mid '09, I download another mugen fullgame called Mugen Torunament. Unfortunately, I wasn't that big on it. The creator of the fullgame left the VS BGM to loop. I've also seen a cheap & unbeatable Wolverine, which was Sanders.  :o But I still kept playing it.

In late '09 (my 7th Grade year), I download the default mugen game (in a different location). I knew how to add chars & stages, but not screenpacks or BGMs. When I tried adding a screenpack to mugen, I thought it was usable by itself.

A few days before the 2010 new year, I got a laptop for christmas. When I was using it, I learned how to add a screenpack to the game via YT video. It was a CVS2 screenpack (I forgot the author). It worked. However, for some reason, the game fucked up. Later on, my MUGEN was completely screwed up so now I had to re-download it. But I got a new screenpack which is Doorhenge's COTA screenpack. Doorhenge's screenpacks were interesting because of how many slots there were. Unfotunately, I downloaded ramdom chars for the shitty ucoz warehouse (ugh).

During the year, I started to learn more about the engine. I learned about the AI, also feedback & I also tried adding BGMs to stages.

Thats all I have unfortunately.
#39  February 11, 2012, 01:30:28 am
    • dbzaota482.webs.com/
I first heard about M.U.G.E.N via my older brother in the Summer of 2007.

The apocalypse promised dbz creations leading to the cell games

#1 rule for making a good M.U.G.E.N creation:

Have fun while making it; find inspiration, and push limits
#40  February 11, 2012, 01:04:33 pm
  • Go and download my improved creations!
  • I AM ZIM!
    • UK
    • https://sites.google.com/site/wlanmanslab/home
In 2006, I searching on YouTube and then, I watched a video called "MUGEN: Mario Bros VS. Wario and Kamek" and I haven't heard of this game before. Then, I downloaded MUGEN and, I was downloading those chars/stages but, I don't know what I'm going to add them in my roster. Now, I know how to add them in my roster.