YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2438370 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#11821  June 28, 2017, 06:21:30 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
So it was Sumire this whole time as the Villain with this stupid ass Nue Monster. A mutt of a Monster,  and it's sucking up Chakra hmm like we haven't seen that before. Boruto wants to Talk No Jutsu to a win, but with that all ugh in the Episode his Transformation Jutsu was unique! It almost felt like Kamui and his Grandfather's Technique to move something out of no where. Lighting from his eyes as well, with all that mixed blood in him he's going to have loads of crazy moves down the road. Mitsuki is the smart one, he knows they need to kill Sumire to end all of this and it seems his Father is talking to him still. I guess next week either Boruto talks her down or, she sacrifices herself and stops the Nue.
#11822  June 28, 2017, 06:50:43 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
but later developments make them break that mold, like bakugo and heroism (don't want to spoil what thappens there, since it's like 4 arcs away )

Oh man, I am waiting so hard for the anime to get to that point but that's probably not until next season

That arc was a goddamn treasure
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#11823  June 28, 2017, 08:37:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
even some of the weaker arcs (for me) introduce interesting characters , like the rescue training arc introducing himiko; I was so so about her, as  I liked her design but not much else, but came to like ehr more when we learned what her power is.
#11824  June 28, 2017, 09:06:54 pm
    • USA
Agreed

I think the mangaka has such a visually interesting style and comes up with so many clever powers ans ways to use them  that even stuff like the last few chapters which are about as textbook as you can get (a lone warrior must battle against the odds so his comrades can continue on!) are still fun reads
This time
This time
#11825  June 28, 2017, 09:44:31 pm
izuku also embodies "the chosen one" trope that is used way too much in anime and manga, and a trope that i hate with passion.
shounen manga in particular are guilty of this trope, i guess it's used to give teenagers a sense of uniqueness? but it also implies that for someone to be great, they have to be chosen by a higher force or otherwise they will never be able to achieve anything in their life.
naruto wants to be the hokage? well that isn't too far away from him, he has a stockpile of power in him in the form of a gaint fox demon.
luffy wants to be the pirate king? yeah! not to far from him either, he has the conqueror's haki (a trait only found on one in a million)!
that dude from bleach also has something in him but for the life of me i can't remember, but it's a spirit with a mustache that gives him power or something.
why does the protagonist have to be a special snow flake? why can't he be an ordinary individual who becomes great through his sheer determination?
thats exactly why i loved hajime no ippu and mha illegals, because their main character are ordinary people with a strong will. no special snowflake inner power in them that made them become great.

also, my favorite characters in mha are eraserhead, tenya iida, mirio, sir nighteye, kirishima and all for one (for being the best villain and a perfect foil for all might).

I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#11826  June 28, 2017, 09:53:54 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
luffy wants to be the pirate king? yeah! not to far from him either, he has the conqueror's haki (a trait only found on one in a million)!
[...]
why does the protagonist have to be a special snow flake? why can't he be an ordinary individual who becomes great through his sheer determination?
Conqueror's haki is sheer determination.

The voice of all things would be a better example.
Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:03:50 pm by Fubs
#11827  June 28, 2017, 10:04:20 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Izuku isn't really a special snowflake though? I mean, he gets chosen by All Might, but it's not because of the fact that he's "the chosen one", as in it's not arbitrary like those examples. All Might chooses him because he has qualities that he regards as necessary for heroism. He could have given it to many others (and was going to, prior to meeting Izuku).

Hell, originally he was very specifically not a chosen one, since he didn't have a quirk at all. He's not really all that different from Ippo, who mind you just happens to have a sturdy as hell body and extremely heavy punch.

My favorite characters would probably be All Might, Togata and Tomura. Oh and Inko obviously.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:14:23 pm by Mechy
#11828  June 28, 2017, 11:20:15 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
There's nothing remotely "chosen one" about Deku. That would imply he was destined to have been given One For All which he wasn't.
#11829  June 29, 2017, 12:04:03 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
and they can always force him to give one for all away, since that's how it works. on a more broader reply it's weird to dislike that about aniem and manga, because they are always about workign hard, even naruto has naruto train as hard as he can and his signature move is the one he had more trouble with and amde him fail teh exam several times.
#11830  June 29, 2017, 04:18:06 pm
Conqueror's haki is sheer determination.

The voice of all things would be a better example.
not true. it was specifically described as an ability only found in one in a million and even rayleigh said that it cannot be attained through training.
#11831  June 29, 2017, 11:49:58 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
New hxh.

Rare of Togashi to do such blatant fanservice.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#11832  June 30, 2017, 05:17:23 am
    • USA
Finally sat down and finished Little Witch Academia

I wish the energy in the last 2-3 episodes had shown up more in the series

Alternatively, I wish the show had been 13 episodes

But mostly I wish Akko hadn't been so dumb
This time
This time
#11833  June 30, 2017, 03:53:31 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
A big shocker for Sailormoon fans.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-06-30/sailor-moon-crystal-anime-4th-season-revealed-as-2-part-film-project/.118230

he official website for the Sailor Moon franchise revealed on Friday that the fourth season of the Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal anime series will be a two-part theatrical anime project. The films will cover the "Dead Moon" arc of Naoko Takeuchi's original manga. Chiaki Kon is returning from the anime's third season to direct the two films.

It's almost like they're doing the same thing with DBS.

Sadly I highly doubt it will be screened in my country since Sailormoon is only popular with the old fans.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#11834  June 30, 2017, 03:58:45 pm
#11835  July 01, 2017, 02:05:19 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Well, that's...neat.  I suppose.  If it's not too presumptuous of me though, wouldn't it have been better off of them to hold off doing multiple movies to cover an arc for the final arc?  Sailor Galaxia would probably be a better fit for higher stakes but not need a season to cover all the backstory.  One movie to establish she's the villain, end it on the Inner Senshi are once again dead.  Follow up with the Outer and Starlights joining in up to the end.  Though that said, Crystal's arcs are way shorter than the original anime's were.

I was not wowed by the first two seasons of Crystal.  Not that they were terrible, but perhaps in a worse situation, they were just bland.  All humor was sucked right out, I think there was only one single super-deformed gag between the two seasons and it was Minako getting angry with Artemis over something.  Third season did phenomenally better, but its arc was just better suited for the more serious drama Crystal wants to adhere to.  I'm not sure how well Dead Circus will adapt...but here's hoping it does well anyways.
#11836  July 03, 2017, 12:24:35 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:54:00 am by Long John Killer
#11837  July 03, 2017, 02:13:02 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
apocrypha was pretty well directed, slithly rushed, but it felt way better than the manga or the novel, I don't think they could ahve handled a better 1st episode with the material.
#11838  July 03, 2017, 02:48:37 am
#11839  July 03, 2017, 06:01:01 am
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-07-02/studio-trigger-announces-3-new-anime-titles/.118350

New Trigger titles are DARLING in the FRANKXX, Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Gridman and Promare

Interested in seeing another Imaishi/Nakashima collaboration with Promare. I'm guessing Gridman was one of the Animator Expo projects that was teased as  getting longer adaptions along with Dragon Dentist and New Patlabor. I don't remember it much ,but I at least remember not hating it. So hey three new Trigger projects ( four if you consider Inferno Cop a thing). Please over-extend yourselves guys.
#11840  July 03, 2017, 06:11:56 am
    • USA
Promare looks Trigger as fuck, like if there was a dictionary definition of a Trigger anime that would be the picture next to it.

But Little Witch is too too fresh in my memories to get excited about it, even with the team involved.

Also, probably a safe bet that not a lot of resources are going towards Gridman so no worries on that front
This time
This time
Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 06:28:36 am by Speedpreacher