YesNoOk

Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (09/19/18) (Read 85600 times)

Started by ShinSmoke, May 17, 2017, 02:17:26 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (6/19/17)
#21  July 01, 2017, 02:26:28 am
    • USA
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/shinsmoke?feature=mhee
Yes! :)

Great, gotta check this out. :)

Awesome! Oh note that there's a moleboxed version in the archive as well. The only difference in that version is the AI behavior when it comes to the finishing moves. The AI will use their finishing moves very quickly depending on the difficulty setting. Other than that it's just a back up alternate version 3.0 with the same fixes. I'll release a update with this AI behavior in a future update. :)
#22  July 02, 2017, 12:38:06 am
A few questions:
-How could I modify the select screen so that Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot would replace Ermac ans Rain as secret characters.
-Do you think that it would be possible to have original MK2 battleplan instead of the current one?
-Is it possible to fight in Goro's Lair only against Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot?
-Liu Kang's stage fatality combination of moves is missing in the menu.

Thanks!
#23  July 02, 2017, 01:49:19 am
    • USA
A few questions:
-How could I modify the select screen so that Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot would replace Ermac ans Rain as secret characters.
-Do you think that it would be possible to have original MK2 battleplan instead of the current one?
-Is it possible to fight in Goro's Lair only against Jade, Smoke and Noob Saibot?
-Liu Kang's stage fatality combination of moves is missing in the menu.

Thanks!

Use the original select screen from Gui0007's version....my edition no longer has the original select screen available. The read me file in his version explains how to use the original select screen.

As for the MKII battleplan....well I don't think that's possible to code it under MKP season 2.5 style. I would've seen it by now if that was the case. The most I've seen is a MK4 version & that one's private by the editor himself. Bad enough that you can easily skip the battleplan by pressing a button which already makes it pointless having it in general. I don't know how to code a battleplan either which is something I wanted to learn but it's complicated as hell so I changed my mind!

Jade, Smoke, & Noob Saibot automatically fight on Goro's Lair on arcade mode as AI controlled opponents. It's already set up that way or do you mean when a human plays as them on arcade mode & all battles take place on Goro's Lair?

What do you mean by Liu Kang's stage fatality combination of moves is missing in the menu? Are you referring to his movelist when you press start?

Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:53:53 am by ShinSmoke
#24  July 02, 2017, 02:18:53 am
I was wondering if we could fight against characters in Goro's Lair other than these 3 "secret characters". I think that the original MK2 game uses this stage only when we fight against them, and I find it cool to keep it that way.
For Liu Kang, I was indeed referring to his movelist.

Thanks for the answer!
#25  July 02, 2017, 07:45:00 am
    • USA
I was wondering if we could fight against characters in Goro's Lair other than these 3 "secret characters". I think that the original MK2 game uses this stage only when we fight against them, and I find it cool to keep it that way.
For Liu Kang, I was indeed referring to his movelist.

Thanks for the answer!

You can modify the select.def file to make Goro's Lair stage available in general.
As for the movelist many characters in MKP in general still have their season 2.0 style movelist sprites. The creators themselves are either lazy or just don't care about changing it, which is why most of the MKP converted characters don't have their correct finishing commands. I ranted about this in my first post & in the read me file as well. However that's not the only problem with most of these converted MKP characters. Most of the converted MKP characters still play like season 2.0 especially with those slow dial-a-combos.
#26  July 28, 2017, 01:00:24 am
    • USA
Hello everyone just wanted to inform y'all that version 3.1 of my edit will be released soon. (Don't know how soon though.) Update will include MKII Chameleon, AI update, & few bug fixes. :)
#27  August 15, 2017, 11:52:35 pm
    • USA
Hello folks it's me again here with an update to my edition of MKII MUGEN.

8/15/17 Update:
Version 3.1 - Based On Gui0007's Version 6.0
1. Added improved intros for Ermac & Jade by AkuShadow.
2. Fixed the color palette selection bug for Ermac when you select any of his other alternate color palettes
   by pressing either X, Y, Z, B, or C from the character select screen.
3. Fixed a bug in Ermac's green star projectile.
4. Added Chameleon by IceCold Assassin. To play as Chameleon, press down on Noob Saibot.
5. New snd (voice) for Chameleon.
6. Edited Chameleon's CNS files & St files. (Fixed some found bugs while at it too.)
7. Edited some hit collison boxes for Chameleon.
8. New AI for Chameleon coded by me.
9. Fixed the misaligned frozen dizzy animation for Chameleon.
10. Added custom wins sound for Chameleon. (You Suck, HAHAHAHAHAHA!)
11. AI updated for all characters due to Chameleon now being added to the roster.
12. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated due to Chameleon now being added to the roster.
13. Fixed the wrong animation for Mileena's last hit of her 4 hit kick dial-a-combo.
14. Fixed the wrong animation for Kung Lao's last hit of his extra 3 hit kick dial-a-combo.
15. Added Chameleon's battleplan portrait after you defeat him in arcade mode.
16. Disabled most of the rapid white screen flashes in most finishers for Chameleon.
17. Fixed the blood colors for Reptile, Noob Saibot, & Chameleon in their 1.cns files.
18. Chameleon's AI will use dial-a-combo if the difficulty is set on level 3 & above.
19. Fixed the position of the rope to Chameleon's spear when enemy gets caught & hurled by it.
20. Fixed the position of Chameleon's Acid Spit projectile.
21. Changed Smoke's battleplan portrait to match his character select screen version.
22. Fixed animality command for Kung Lao since it interfered with his Topedo command. Command is now F, F, B, B.
23. Changed custom wins sound for Rain. (Feel the wrath of Toasty!)
24. Changed sound for Scorpion when he says "Get Over Here" & "Come Here" & added his MKSM version.
    (Sorry no "Get Over Here Bitch" & "Get The Fuck Over Here")

Future Updates:
1. New and improved intros for Rain, Kintaro & Shao Kahn by AkuShadow.
2. Hopefully more bug fixes.

Note: My Edited Cns For MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 has also been updated once more. :)

Note: The download link will take you to my folder that contains the full game patch & my edited cns files that can be used for MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 Borg's fixed in general.
One more thing the link to my archive also contains a moleboxed version of my edit. No real reason why I have a moleboxed version of my update, I added it as a back up & if anybody just wants to play it. The title of the folder has V3.1 labeled aka version 3.1 that's the moleboxed version.

Redownload please. The download link is in the first post. :)
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (8/15/17)
#28  August 16, 2017, 11:21:28 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
NOICE! Gotta check this out, thanks bruh! :)
#29  September 14, 2017, 08:15:24 am
    • USA
Hello everyone.....wanted to inform you all that a update will be released soon. The update will only have small changes for right now. Here are some of the small changes:

Characters with long stumble animations are now shorten. Which means they can recover on time to block Scorpion's spear. However it can still be comboed but with strict timing.

AI projectile behavior has been heavily nerfed, AI now uses projectile moves 10% of the time. But the AI still uses it in a combo, anti air, or as a punish.

Added the battleplan background from MKII.

Added a better resolution battleplan portrait for Smoke.

Will release update soon. :)
#30  September 21, 2017, 11:56:45 pm
    • USA
Hello everyone my edition of MKII MUGEN has gotten another update.

9/21/17 Update:
Version 3.2 - Based On Gui0007's Version 6.0
1. Updated the AI for all characters.
2. AI main system in the common1.cns is updated.
3. Sub-Zero's 2 hit dial-a-combos & Mileena's weapon dial-a-combo will now knock the enemy to the ground.
4. Shorten the stumble animation time for all the female ninjas & non ninjas. However Baraka, Kintaro, Raiden, & Shao Kahn's stumble animation time was already fixed by Borg117. So there was no need to edit it further.
5. Fixed Smoke's battleplan portrait. (The one I added on version 3.1 didn't look all that great.)
6. Added the MKII battleplan background from Barook's edit.
7. Added MKSM boss battle theme for the match against Kintaro in arcade mode.
8. Removed some stages I didn't want in version 3.2, so now there's only 15 stages & 2 hidden ones.
    Don't worry the main stages from MKII are there.

Note: The download link will take you to my folder that contains the full game patch & my edited cns files that can be used for MKP 4.1 Season 2.5 Borg's fixed in general.
One more thing the link to my archive also contains a moleboxed version of my edit. No real reason why I have a moleboxed version of my update, I added it as a back up & if anybody just wants to play it. The title of the folder has V3.2 labeled aka version 3.2 that's the moleboxed version.

Redownload please. The download link is in the first post. :)
Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:00:54 am by ShinSmoke
Re: Mortal Kombat II MUGEN: ShinSmoke's Edition Updated (9/21/17)
#31  September 28, 2017, 11:45:55 pm
    • Brazil
And this is just getting better and better! thanks for sharing, mate!  ;D
#32  September 30, 2017, 02:40:50 am
    • USA
#33  October 05, 2017, 12:48:02 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Checked and approved. :)
Bruh, i'm very close for the Final Version.
#34  October 06, 2017, 10:04:07 am
    • USA
Checked and approved. :)
Bruh, i'm very close for the Final Version.

Looking forward to it. :) I have two questions for you. 1. Ever thought about editing the game's ending credits with the updated names like Borg117 for example? 2. Are we going to finally have a MKII Battleplan? I asked that 2nd question cause after seeing MKI MUGEN HD Remake using season 2.5 battleplan coding, I'm fully convinced that it's possible now.
#35  October 06, 2017, 10:29:16 am
    • USA
Here's a recent video of my edition of this MUGEN. :)

https://youtu.be/_CdLyA8GuaI

Note: This is LeandroTM's Shao Kahn fighting against Kintaro. Yes I have a AI/bug fix patch for LeandroTM's Shao Kahn. However I was only 50% done with his AI when I recorded this video. So sadly my AI for Kintaro destroys him in this video. :( His AI patch is finished though.....however he's not fully compatible with certain things & I will try to fix those problems the best way I can. Well I wasn't planning to add LeandroTM's Shao Kahn to my edition of this MUGEN but I need legit reasons from y'all why I should & legit reasons why I should not. :)
#36  October 07, 2017, 12:53:47 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
    • Brazil
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Looking forward to it. :) I have two questions for you. 1. Ever thought about editing the game's ending credits with the updated names like Borg117 for example? 2. Are we going to finally have a MKII Battleplan? I asked that 2nd question cause after seeing MKI MUGEN HD Remake using season 2.5 battleplan coding, I'm fully convinced that it's possible now.

1. Maybe AkuShadow could do this. :)
2. A friend of mine (Maxi Kings) that helps me with the project is working on it.
#37  October 07, 2017, 01:52:27 am
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
2 shao kahn?
I hope this is corrected in the future.
#38  October 07, 2017, 02:49:26 am
    • USA
2 shao kahn?
I hope this is corrected in the future.

I'm not planning to have them both in the same MUGEN. However I did fixed LeandroTM's Shao Kahn compatibility with certain stages in MKP Season 2.5. The only problem I have at the moment is when you land combos on Furious Shao Kahn......you hear Shao Kahn's voice laughing or complimenting you. I do not know where in the game's files to fix that at. :(
Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:33:23 am by ShinSmoke
#39  October 07, 2017, 02:53:11 am
    • USA
#40  October 24, 2017, 06:15:16 am
    • USA
Hey folks version 4.0 of my edition of MKII MUGEN will be released online soon. Update includes 2 select.def files. One with LeandroTM's Shao Kahn aka Furious Shao Kahn as the final boss & the other one with Boss Shao Kahn as the final boss. Furious Shao Kahn now has the same intros as Boss Shao Kahn. Yes no more seeing another Shao Kahn sitting on his chair in Kahn's Arena stage. That's been fixed & Kintaro's intro now works with Furious Shao Kahn as well. :)