YesNoOk

[Mugen 1.0] BrokenMugen is (ironically) Broken (Read 3518 times)

Started by KosherDelhi, August 14, 2017, 04:08:09 am
Share this topic:
[Mugen 1.0] BrokenMugen is (ironically) Broken
#1  August 14, 2017, 04:08:09 am
    • USA
So I decided to get back into MUGEN and since I know I love to get a ton of characters, I decided to get a screenpack instead of just doing what I usually do and go the config and make it have a ridiculous amount of rows. I got BrokenMugen here:
 http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/BrokenMUGEN and downloaded the BrokenMUGEN 1.0 (Edited Version).

The edit came with the actual base game which runs regular ol' Mugen 1.0 and 5 Windows Batch Files which actually run BrokenMugen. Mugen 1.0 looks like Mugen 1.0 and actually has my roster but not a whole lot of rows and columns to use. When I use the Batch Files, it will use the BrokenMugen screenpack but the only fighter that appears is KFM. How do I fix this?
Re: [Mugen 1.0] BrokenMugen is (ironically) Broken
#2  August 14, 2017, 02:42:00 pm
    • Netherlands
Copy the content of your select.def file and paste it into brokenSELECT.def in the folder of the screenpack
#3  August 14, 2017, 06:02:10 pm
    • USA
Copy the content of your select.def file and paste it into brokenSELECT.def in the folder of the screenpack

Okay, so I went to data/bM1point0/brokenSELECT.def and then copypasted the contents of select.def into it. It didn't fix the problem. :(
#4  August 14, 2017, 06:54:17 pm
    • Netherlands
#5  August 14, 2017, 07:26:50 pm
    • USA

Okay, so I went to data/bM1point0/brokenSELECT.def and then copypasted the contents of select.def into it. It didn't fix the problem. :(

Then don't use the batch files, afaik they're useless

Okay, let me show you what the Batch files do. If I use the .exe file I get this:

If I use the Batch files I get this:

It's the only way I can use BrokenMUGEN.
#6  August 14, 2017, 07:32:47 pm
    • Netherlands
Then edit the mugen.cfg file and change the motif filepath to brokenMUGEN's and pick the System file with the desired amount of slots
#7  August 14, 2017, 07:50:53 pm
    • USA
Then edit the mugen.cfg file and change the motif filepath to brokenMUGEN's and pick the System file with the desired amount of slots

Okay, that fixed that problem but I still can't choose any of the fighters I added. However, I figured it out by myself. I looked through the System's .def file to see what select it was using and made it specify which folder to pull out of since there were two .defs called "brokenSELECT".

Edit: Thanks, btw!