YesNoOk

Rugal Bernstein (Back on Track!) (Read 58047 times)

Started by RΣDDBRIПK, January 21, 2018, 08:23:30 am
Share this topic:
Rugal Bernstein (Back on Track!)
#1  January 21, 2018, 08:23:30 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Genocide Cuttah!

PS: yes i will be doing both Rugals, but seperately :)
Penguinz0 said:
"Oh its all happening! Everything that's ever existed is happening at once!"
Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 12:32:10 am by ReddBrink
Re: Rugal Bernstein
#2  January 21, 2018, 08:36:49 am
    • USA
Rugal and Kazuya!!! you are spoiling me with all my favorites
#3  January 21, 2018, 02:18:32 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

MCX

#4  January 21, 2018, 03:14:15 pm
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
#5  January 21, 2018, 06:38:30 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Ooh, I wanna see these two done.  Good luck with this ^..^
#6  January 21, 2018, 08:14:47 pm
    • USA
Will he have Kaiser Phoenix?
#7  January 22, 2018, 11:01:38 am
Rugal at last  :nuttrox: will be looking forward to him  :sugoi:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#8  January 23, 2018, 09:46:30 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Definitely gonna be following this topic as a Rugal fan. Excited to see where this goes.
#9  March 03, 2018, 12:02:30 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Hey all! been working on rugal for awhile now. i seem to have hit a snag with reppuken as it tells me there is no helper 1090 even though its there in the special move. any thoughts on this?

Here is the code.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The Helper Codes

EDIT: Solved
Penguinz0 said:
Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:48:21 am by ReddBrink
#10  March 03, 2018, 04:02:29 am
    • Brazil
Hey all! been working on rugal for awhile now. i seem to have hit a snag with reppuken as it tells me there is no helper 1090 even though its there in the special move. any thoughts on this?

Here is the code.

The Helper Codes

EDIT: Solved

I'm curious, what was the problem?
#11  March 03, 2018, 04:04:32 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#12  March 03, 2018, 04:08:57 am
    • Brazil
#13  March 03, 2018, 09:54:08 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I was wondering when are you going to post an update about this topic since I wanted to ask a question I had for a while. When you said you're going to doing "both Rugals," does that mean both from Capcom vs SNK 2 including God Rugal? Since you are using the CvS2 sprites, I'm pretty sure that's what you meant. I don't understand why drewski90 mentioned Falcon Rapper's Omega Rugal as that Rugal came from a completely different game. Just asking is all.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#14  March 03, 2018, 10:19:31 am
  • Was it something I said?
^
Normal and God Rugal.
#15  March 03, 2018, 10:53:33 am
    • USA
^
Normal and God Rugal.
I had a feeling it's those two. Omega Rugal doesn't make sense as that form of Rugal didn't appear in Capcom vs SNK 2 and that's the version of sprites used for normal Rugal on his WIP, I was confused why drewski90 mentioned him. So I agree with MCX's that off-topic.

Even though the characters themselves exist already, I'm actually welcomed to see PotS styles of those two.
#16  March 03, 2018, 12:00:40 pm
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Are you going to use some stuff from Vyn's Rugal or G.Rugal by Hero? Vyn's Rugal had a pretty good A.I. Patch online somewhere. Both these versions were really cool.
#17  March 05, 2018, 02:20:05 pm
God Rugal by Hero has got glitches when player uses him, such as when perform god press on his opponent on guard, he will automatically grab and throw his opponent, sometimes he created some mini version of himself on the screen, counter hit system not working correctly and many more. ReddBrink could use Vansflector system for both of his Rugals to reflect opponent's projectiles with ease :8): will be looking forward to this since Capcom vs. SNK's Rugal is my favorite  :mlol:

Will he have Kaiser Phoenix?
Having Kaiser Phoenix as his Level 3 is an excellent idea. He can throws several Kaiser Waves on his opponent which the Kaiser Phoenix can be held to throw different version of Kaiser Waves such as without charging i.e HCFX2+PPP and letting go the PPP straight away, Rugal throws level 1 version of Kaiser Wave in different speed. If Kaiser Phoenix is held in level 2 charging position (holding PPP for a while), a kaiser wave would give his opponent twice the amount of hit. Charging to Level 3's version (holding PPP for abit longer), a kaiser wave would give his opponent thrice the amount of hit. For Max's version (holding PPP till the max), he will throw a combination of the three different levels of kaiser waves randomly. The Kaiser Waves are all blockable since he is not omega rugal  :P but it can OTG opponent like 2002 unlimited match's version

Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:27:02 pm by 2dover3d
#18  March 08, 2018, 08:25:09 pm
    • Germany
    • Joyeljayasinghe@outlook.de
^
Normal and God Rugal.
I had a feeling it's those two. Omega Rugal doesn't make sense as that form of Rugal didn't appear in Capcom vs SNK 2 and that's the version of sprites used for normal Rugal on his WIP, I was confused why drewski90 mentioned him. So I agree with MCX's that off-topic.

Even though the characters themselves exist already, I'm actually welcomed to see PotS styles of those two.

No, that well known "God Rugal"/"Ultimate Rugal" is actually the same "Omega Rugal"/"Orochi Rugal", but he is equipped with "Satsui No Hadou".
Better for meaning, Omega/Orochi Rugal Bernstein in CVS2-Version.
#19  March 09, 2018, 05:33:14 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Hey guys i got video uploading right now showing some of my progress with Rugal. will post again when its done.
Penguinz0 said:
#20  March 09, 2018, 05:43:32 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA

i have 1 more special to do. Next is EX Specials and supers.

I need a Level 3 portrait made for Rugal, would any one mind making one? I already have hyper text.
Penguinz0 said:
#21  March 09, 2018, 08:57:02 am
For Dark Barrier, maybe if you would like to use Vansflector system to code it? This allows Rugal to reflect his oppponent's own projectile

Re: Rugal Bernstein (on hold until further notice)
#22  March 11, 2018, 08:28:34 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
I'm gonna have to put all my projects on hold for awhile as my video card gave out on me. I don't know when I will be back to work on my projects but I will still be around.
Penguinz0 said:
#23  March 12, 2018, 06:57:52 am
oh man  :( hope everything will work well

#24  March 12, 2018, 01:42:10 pm
    • USA
Guess it won't be for a while as the prices on video cards are skyrocketed right now. At least you'll still be around the forums though.
#25  May 24, 2018, 06:07:03 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
i got some good news for you guys. progress on rugal will be resuming soon. so stay tuned for further updates :)
Penguinz0 said:
#26  May 24, 2018, 07:16:35 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
That is good news ^..^ still gonna be both God and normal versions?
#27  May 24, 2018, 08:40:29 am

Re: Rugal Bernstein (Back on Track!)
#28  June 15, 2018, 12:29:42 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Hello everybody sorry for the long wait. But its time to let you know whats happening with rugal.

All of his specials and EX specials are finished (with the exception of adding one more EX Special) so next is the supers. however, i seem to be having a problem with god press.

it seems to have bind issues when connecting after dark smash or genocide cutter and the opponent gets stuck in the air bound to me. how do i prevent this?

here is the code for all three moves just in case. its always good to post some codage.

God Press

Genocide Cutter

Dark Smash
Penguinz0 said:
#29  June 15, 2018, 01:08:28 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Try removing the "Time = -1" from the last TargetBind.
#30  June 15, 2018, 01:30:05 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#31  June 15, 2018, 04:40:49 pm
Looking good.Good to see you back Redd
Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 04:52:39 pm by PeXXeR
#32  June 17, 2018, 02:24:32 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
More Rugal Goodness! Still need to fix some things in the moves (Afterimages, FX, Add Sounds, Etc) but everything is going smoothly.

Also for a lvl 3 super, should i go with...

A. Kaiser Phoenix
B. God End (I think Vyns rugal had this move? not sure though)
C. Dead End Screamer

Looking good.Good to see you back Redd

Thanks man. Glad to be back.
Penguinz0 said:
#33  June 17, 2018, 02:27:46 am
    • USA
    • lndnrivers@yahoo.com
B. God End
Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:03:59 am by Shadic12
#34  June 17, 2018, 02:28:12 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Maybe do Dead End Screamer, since God End is more of a God Rugal sounding move.  Maybe do Kaiser Phoenix for God Rugal as a lv2 super move.
#35  June 17, 2018, 03:06:33 am
Personally, I like God End on regular Rugal, since God Rugal gets that move and Shun Goku Satsu.
#36  June 17, 2018, 04:17:04 am
Also for a lvl 3 super, should i go with...

A. Kaiser Phoenix
B. God End (I think Vyns rugal had this move? not sure though)
C. Dead End Screamer
Vyn's Rugal has the God End move for level 3 super

#37  June 17, 2018, 04:30:23 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Plenty of CvS Rugals have God End as a Lv3 and a recent Rugal edit has Kaiser Phoenix as a Lv3.  I wanna see variety ^..^

Plus, Dead End Screamer in a Lv3 form might be interesting to see, at least in my opinion.

lui

#38  June 17, 2018, 09:11:03 am
    • USA
dead end screamer
#39  June 17, 2018, 11:56:19 am
  • "Die quietly or I shall have to ask you to leave!"
I would choose Kaiser Pheonix because
A. Even though it's an Omega Rugal move, that form of Rugal is closer to the normal than God.
B. God End is a God Rugal move.
C. Dead End Screamer is more of a LVL1/2 move IMO.
#40  June 17, 2018, 04:00:04 pm
  • Multi-Character User
  • Too good to master one character
I choose B.God End to give emphasize his "godhood" motif .
#41  June 17, 2018, 04:05:49 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
Dead End Screamer  would be nice
#42  June 17, 2018, 10:19:45 pm
    • USA
I would say... none of the above.

• Kaiser Phoenix is really really really lame, and I'm honestly shocked that SNK didn't totally ditch it or revamp it when they made 2002UM (I suppose they figured Rugal didn't need to be even stronger). But regardless, it's a really dumb looking move that goes on for too long, for piddling damage. It sucks!
  • God End just doesn't feel right with regular Rugal, it very much feels like a God Rugal exclusive type of move; like Shin Akuma and Misogi.
  • And Dead End Screamer just doesn't feel grand enough to be a level 3, unless it was reworked a good deal.

So instead, I would propose something completely different, something that would be both unique and doable with CvS sprites: Rugal Execution.

this is an Omega Rugal super that only appeared in KOF98, but God Rugal also had a version of it as a special. And that alone feels pretty natural: (regular) Rugal's most powerful move, his level 3, is just a regular old super for Omega Rugal. And for God Rugal? It's so unimportant that it's been downgraded to a special.

Anyways, offical CvS sprites exist of this move, but only for God Rugal. But luckily enough, warusaki3's Rugal has normal Rugal sprited versions of this move, and a few others (I'm not sure if waru himself made the sprites or not). So I was just tinkering around with that Rugal and came up with this:

God Rugal's version is only a special, and thus lacks a lot of the grandeur the KOF version does. So I added some frames from God End (which also exist edited into normal Rugal form), giving him a more impactful startup and finish to the move. The God End sprites would need some minor editing to make his left hand not drenched in blood, but that should be pretty simple too.

oh and I just remembered that Vans's (normal) Rugal used Rugal Execution as his MAX2, so there's precedent!!!
#43  June 17, 2018, 10:54:34 pm
I would say... none of the above.

• Kaiser Phoenix is really really really lame, and I'm honestly shocked that SNK didn't totally ditch it or revamp it when they made 2002UM (I suppose they figured Rugal didn't need to be even stronger). But regardless, it's a really dumb looking move that goes on for too long, for piddling damage. It sucks!
  • God End just doesn't feel right with regular Rugal, it very much feels like a God Rugal exclusive type of move; like Shin Akuma and Misogi.
  • And Dead End Screamer just doesn't feel grand enough to be a level 3, unless it was reworked a good deal.

So instead, I would propose something completely different, something that would be both unique and doable with CvS sprites: Rugal Execution.

this is an Omega Rugal super that only appeared in KOF98, but God Rugal also had a version of it as a special. And that alone feels pretty natural: (regular) Rugal's most powerful move, his level 3, is just a regular old super for Omega Rugal. And for God Rugal? It's so unimportant that it's been downgraded to a special.

Anyways, offical CvS sprites exist of this move, but only for God Rugal. But luckily enough, warusaki3's Rugal has normal Rugal sprited versions of this move, and a few others (I'm not sure if waru himself made the sprites or not). So I was just tinkering around with that Rugal and came up with this:

God Rugal's version is only a special, and thus lacks a lot of the grandeur the KOF version does. So I added some frames from God End (which also exist edited into normal Rugal form), giving him a more impactful startup and finish to the move. The God End sprites would need some minor editing to make his left hand not drenched in blood, but that should be pretty simple too.

oh and I just remembered that Vans's (normal) Rugal used Rugal Execution as his MAX2, so there's precedent!!!

I was actually thinking the same thing at one time when I was thinking of a proper PotS Rugal.
#44  June 17, 2018, 11:24:48 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Ooh, Execution sounds a bit more promising for a Lv3 ^..^
#45  June 18, 2018, 02:16:52 am

In CvS1, his Ex mode has the Rugal Execution move. Probably Warusaki3 ripped the sprites from PSX CvS1 Pro and redefine the sprites to cvs2 standard.

#46  June 18, 2018, 02:54:24 am
    • USA
Ah whoops, completely forgot about Rugal Execution being in CvS1!

But yeah, Waru's Rugal has a bunch of other sprites (like God End and the God Rugal stance) that have been edited to normal Rugal.
#47  June 18, 2018, 04:59:54 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA

I really like the idea of Rugal Execution being the lvl 3. It shall be done.
Penguinz0 said:
#48  June 18, 2018, 07:59:29 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
so i cleaned up his left hand but soon realized that i didn't use the separated palette when editing the sprites so i have to do them again. lol!
Penguinz0 said:
#49  June 18, 2018, 10:19:56 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Left Hand has been cleaned.

Penguinz0 said:
#50  June 22, 2018, 09:21:28 am
I'd like it at the end if he did the pillar thing at the end of the animation, like a little wink to God End.

Also, perhaps some new Quotes since he doesn't have that many besides his God and/or Omega form.
#51  June 22, 2018, 06:18:42 pm
    • Germany
    • Joyeljayasinghe@outlook.de
I'd like it at the end if he did the pillar thing at the end of the animation, like a little wink to God End.

Also, perhaps some new Quotes since he doesn't have that many besides his God and/or Omega form.

That God/Ultimate Rugal or whatever CvS/KOF-fans telling is nothing more as Omega Rugal combined with Gouki's/Akuma's SatsuiNoHado(AsuraSenku+RagingDemon).
No more AlterEgo or Whatever.
Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:47:59 pm by xxJoe_NoeFER94xx
#52  June 23, 2018, 12:52:11 am
    • USA
I dunno, a full pillar seems wrong to me, makes it a bit too similar to God End. I think having a bunch of explosions (rather than just one like CvS Rugal Execution) will do the job well enough. Alternatively, it might be interesting to try something similar to Mature's HSDM from 2002UM, where an Orochi pillar sorta appears, but the actual animation only uses the last few frames from the regular pillar animation:
#53  June 25, 2018, 08:41:54 pm
  • MUGEN MEMES
What's the status on his color separation?
Emerie's MUGEN Content

Everyone have Greatness :)

Don't give up... just... take a break :(
#54  June 26, 2018, 09:44:53 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#55  June 26, 2018, 03:07:10 pm
#56  June 26, 2018, 11:01:24 pm
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
From what I remember the statue for Guile's intro is missing,  I have them added in the SFF but its saved as 1.1 if you want I can throw it your way so you can get the sprites.

Sure! go ahead and send the sprites.
Penguinz0 said:
#57  June 27, 2018, 02:21:46 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Question: What method do you guys use to make Super text? Its been awhile since i have made some myself and can't remember how to do it correctly.
I use Photoshop CS2 (cause it was free)

Example Text that i found in another rugal
my attempt at it (shameful)
Any advice?
Penguinz0 said:
#58  June 27, 2018, 03:11:16 am
    • Canada
This okay? (Edges feel sharp?)

Done with GIMP
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects
Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:16:38 am by Cruz
#59  June 27, 2018, 03:35:35 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#60  June 28, 2018, 01:18:27 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
what i have got done so far with the move.

still needs its FX thrown in there, possibly some position re-adjustment, etc. but its coming along to say the least.
Penguinz0 said:
#61  June 28, 2018, 09:51:24 am
Sorry for the late replay here's the sff, NOTE ITS SAVED AS 1.1 just take the statue and axis sprites from it, I  did this a long time ago and I forgot what I used but heres what it looks like
https://streamable.com/41opk
Link.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8l8zj38kc85expe/sprites.sff
If you want I can pack the whole char.

Edit I just realized I used Jman's patch for this so its all jman's work I just took the sprites from the patch.
Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:23:46 am by PeXXeR
#62  June 29, 2018, 08:14:32 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Just a concept idea for rugal execution.

Tried to make the end of the move similar to mature's HSDM. The pillar doesn't seem to show because of the video not being 60 fps on youtube.
Penguinz0 said:
#63  June 29, 2018, 06:18:38 pm
I feel as if the explosion should come earlier into the God End sprites as it just seems too late and off looking.
I also feel like he should also do that arm flick like in 98'.
#64  July 02, 2018, 02:44:36 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
I feel as if the explosion should come earlier into the God End sprites as it just seems too late and off looking.

The arm flick isn't really possible with his CVS sprites. i could check and see but doubt i could replicate it.
now as for the explosion where do you suggest that the explosion should be on the god end sprites?

Penguinz0 said:
#65  July 02, 2018, 02:48:32 am

The arm flick isn't really possible with his CVS sprites. i could check and see but doubt i could replicate it.
now as for the explosion where do you suggest that the explosion should be on the god end sprites?

I want the explosion to occur when the animation starts using God End sprites (The transition from Execution to G End).
#66  July 02, 2018, 03:31:16 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said:
#67  July 02, 2018, 03:42:12 am
Re: Rugal Bernstein (Almost Ready for Release!)
#68  July 04, 2018, 04:44:46 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
got a few more things to finalize before releasing him.

whats happening in the video above is that the projectile is hitting the opponent during a custom state and ruining the bind/custom state. How do i prevent the projectile from hitting the opponent during this state?

alternatively, is there a way for the projectile to hit the opponent while he/she is in a custom state without changing them from that custom state?
Penguinz0 said:
#69  July 04, 2018, 05:17:38 am
[State 3230, Muteki]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA

Put this code in the target state of Gigantic Pressure.
#70  July 04, 2018, 05:24:08 am
dont remember having that problem with my rugal i released. i need to test that myself
#71  July 04, 2018, 06:15:53 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
[State 3230, Muteki]
type = NotHitBy
trigger1 = 1
value = SCA

Put this code in the target state of Gigantic Pressure.

The Nothitby worked but i had to change value =SCA to value = ,AP. Leaving it as SCA would bind the opponent to the wall, leaving him unable to do anything or be hit.

Edit: It was a hitdef i was originally using in gigantic pressure that was causing the perma-bind. changed it to targetlifeadd and re-added the nothitby code to the targetstate and everything works perfectly now! thanks for the help knuckles.
Penguinz0 said:
Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 06:27:29 am by ReddBrink

vyn

#72  July 07, 2018, 03:35:53 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
got a few more things to finalize before releasing him.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3lLX7jeX-w&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

whats happening in the video above is that the projectile is hitting the opponent during a custom state and ruining the bind/custom state. How do i prevent the projectile from hitting the opponent during this state?

alternatively, is there a way for the projectile to hit the opponent while he/she is in a custom state without changing them from that custom state?

congrats on testing properly dude
#73  July 07, 2018, 04:21:19 am
  • Elite Gaming Specimen
  • twitch.tv/reddbrink
    • USA
Penguinz0 said: