Azrael v1.071 (Read 44437 times)

Started by OHMSBY, November 28, 2018, 10:12:00 pm
Share this topic:
Azrael v1.071
#1  November 28, 2018, 10:12:00 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello everyone,

Azrael is now complete and ready to go. His gameplay is the same as the rest of my characters, custom styled and largely based on his Cross Tag moveset. Also, a few of his old moves have also been brought back.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Azrael here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dbRK4_JwMEmsjh6_4setye-ynyql3QXq/view?usp=sharing

And of course, we have a poll for the next character. I have decided to take out Taiga and Hibachi this time, since they hardly get any votes. I may bring them back once there are less candidates. As usual, the poll closes at the end of the week, vote here:
Terumi has won the poll. Thank you for voting.

As always, have fun.
Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 05:58:48 am by OHMSBY
Re: Azrael
#2  November 28, 2018, 11:03:01 pm
    • Argentina
amazing !
#3  November 28, 2018, 11:54:13 pm
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
    • thefaelduarte@hotmail.com
That infinite I found is still there.
#4  November 28, 2018, 11:57:18 pm
  • WOLUFUFUFU♪
    • Thailand
    • sryutaro.wixsite.com/ryutarofuture
Whoa you're best work fast character with custom style ever!
Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:22:18 am by Ryutaro
#5  November 29, 2018, 12:11:36 am
    • USA

Is it really? Gustaf Buster is supposed to have much less hitstun when used during a combo. I've tried recreating the infinite after I've applied the changes and before I've uploaded him, but to no avail. Would you mind recording the infinite again with the current version, so I can see exactly whats going on?
#6  November 29, 2018, 12:55:13 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil

Is it really? Gustaf Buster is supposed to have much less hitstun when used during a combo. I've tried recreating the infinite after I've applied the changes and before I've uploaded him, but to no avail. Would you mind recording the infinite again with the current version, so I can see exactly whats going on?

Yep. https://streamable.com/esjmo I even made sure I was using the updated version. I usually start the loop again with 4A.

Here's also something I found today: Him grabing the opponent after Gustaf and still counting as a hit. (This one is harder to occur.) https://streamable.com/x2pfq
#7  November 29, 2018, 03:23:59 am
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Have you ever considered adding Nanase from UNIB to the poll? So far nobody has made her and she needs more love.

Either way, fantastic job on Azrael. He had to grow on me in BlazBlue, hated him at first.
#8  November 29, 2018, 03:29:55 am
  • GO GO DARK BARRIER!
    • USA
    • Skype - gamefreak202020
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UCYefk6BEg3rLhUjhCJ3x7ew
If we're saying people we would like to be on the next poll, I would like to see an Es by you.

Good Azrael as well!
- lulz, NeoGeoPocketColor Adel.
~~~~
GF202020 a.k.a. gamefreak202020
#9  November 29, 2018, 03:45:22 am
  • Embrace Whateverness
  • Presented by ZAIA
    • Brazil
And I'm a dumbass...I remembered that I separated the private beta from the public release in two different folders. http://prntscr.com/loblxv
#10  November 29, 2018, 04:04:53 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
#11  November 29, 2018, 04:09:39 am
    • USA
Have you ever considered adding Nanase from UNIB to the poll? So far nobody has made her and she needs more love.
If we're saying people we would like to be on the next poll, I would like to see an Es by you.
This.

These are good suggestions, but I want to hold off on adding more characters to the poll until there are less candidates. I want all of the current ones to have a chance.

And I'm a dumbass...I remembered that I separated the private beta from the public release in two different folders. http://prntscr.com/loblxv

Ah.
That's alright, we all make mistakes. I'm certainly no exception to that.
#12  November 29, 2018, 05:40:38 am
    • Japan
Just seems like Kuroko and Mikoto get barely any votes, which is a damn shame since the only versions of Mikoto out there are OP and theres no Kuroko yet.
#13  November 29, 2018, 06:07:22 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
Just seems like Kuroko and Mikoto get barely any votes, which is a damn shame since the only versions of Mikoto out there are OP and theres no Kuroko yet.

If it makes you feel better, I've voted for Kuroko in every poll she's been.
#14  November 29, 2018, 07:05:46 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After testing the official release, the speed where the opponent moves from the charged Valiant Crash is much better now. Overall, I feel like there isn't much issues aesthetics wise. Which is good as it's shows how much you improved on coding and detail with each character. Great work, OHMSBY.

These are good suggestions, but I want to hold off on adding more characters to the poll until there are less candidates. I want all of the current ones to have a chance.
Agreed. After all, that was kinda the sole reason why Gordeau kept being 2nd place on the polls at the time. Any new choices you add are just too appealing, it makes me less want to vote the older candidates. Although I'm not sure if you should bring Taiga back as Kohaku already made a pretty good one, unless you really want to make your own version of her eventually.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#15  November 29, 2018, 07:31:15 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Well, here´s something to try this weekend~

I do have a slighty off-topic question, i see Kirby on your polls, what sprites you are planing to use? Think did saw some HD or Hi-Res sprites before so gonna guess those?
Either way, the list looks pretty neat.
#16  November 29, 2018, 07:55:15 am
    • USA
I do have a slighty off-topic question, i see Kirby on your polls, what sprites you are planing to use?

I'm going to use Seku's sprites:

However, they will be modified to have proper indexing, so Kirby can actually have more than one palette.
#17  November 29, 2018, 10:44:43 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it

I have decided to take out Taiga and Hibachi this time, since they hardly get any votes. I may bring them back once there are less candidates.

The cause of their lack of votes is due to the fact that the already existing versions of these two characters are quite acceptable and for the public they don't need other versions.

And I'm very curious to see your version of Kirby, though I hope to see Waldestein.
#18  November 29, 2018, 11:13:06 am
    • Japan
Woah, after that discussion about Kirby, suddenly he's in the lead. Coincidence?
#19  December 01, 2018, 09:56:11 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
Now all Azrael needs is his japanese voice.   :thinking:
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#20  December 02, 2018, 04:57:26 am
    • USA
The poll results are in:

Terumi and Waldstein remained neck and neck for a while, but Terumi ended up getting more votes during the final hours.

So yeah, Terumi is my next project. Unlike all of the other characters I've worked on, he is not in Cross Tag, so working on a hypothetical Cross Tag moveset for Terumi will be fun.

Now all Azrael needs is his japanese voice.   :thinking:

Mister Fael Chan has been making Japanese voices for my characters (Ruby, Ragna, and Gordeau so far). I don't know what his plans are, but he may be able to make one for Azrael as well.
#21  December 02, 2018, 05:53:41 am
    • Brazil

Even though I never played any BlazBlue game, how can I say no to this hot hunk?
#22  December 02, 2018, 06:50:47 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I'm glad you decided to do another poll thanks to GF202020's suggestion as it turns out Wagner wasn't high on the poll this time around. I don't mind as since she isn't in Cross Tag Battle and you had to use Japanese voices as her original game never had one. I decided to change my vote as I heard what is your plan behind Kirby, I would love to see that happen as he would have character compatibility. Waldstein would be nice too since he doesn't have a conversion yet and would have special intros with most of your current existing characters including Azrael. It would be awesome to see him have a special intro against Waldstein using the victory dialogue just like with your Ragna. I thought that was a cool way to use dialogue and create a special intro out of that.

However, I'm somewhat disappointed people were voting for a character that already exists. I'm not sure if they are even aware that Susanoo-no-Mikoto made a Terumi in MB style. Never played the original Blazblue games, but is he really that popular? I'm been seeing him get a lot of votes on the last few polls. Same reason as Wagner, if Terumi ever gets added in Cross Tag Battle in future DLC (Since a 5th fate was announced a few months back and maybe there'll be more characters for each franchise alongside them), you would have to redo certain parts of the character. I hope you come prepared for that if it ever happens.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 06:56:24 am by SolidZone 26
#23  December 02, 2018, 07:24:38 am
    • USA
Never played the original Blazblue games, but is he really that popular?

Yeah, I would say so. I've been seeing him in a lot of people's wishlists for future dlc for Cross Tag. He's also one of the characters that I use more frequently in Central Fiction.

if Terumi ever gets added in Cross Tag Battle in future DLC (Since a 5th fate was announced a few months back and maybe there'll be more characters for each franchise alongside them), you would have to redo certain parts of the character. I hope you come prepared for that if it ever happens.

If he gets into Cross Tag and ends up being way different from my version, then I'll make a version thats more accurate later on and keep the old version as sort of an "EX mode".
#24  December 02, 2018, 07:33:07 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Another good character without a giant sff file. Keep this up.

Never played the original Blazblue games, but is he really that popular?
Only Ragna and Hazama are more popular according to the 10th anniversary poll.
#25  December 02, 2018, 08:54:13 pm
    • Japan
I seriously do not understand his popularity. I hate/hated his GUTS in the Story. I kept hoping he would die. I reaaaally hate him.

I guess people just base it off how he plays. 
#26  December 02, 2018, 09:59:11 pm
    • Brazil

I seriously do not understand his popularity. I hate/hated his GUTS in the Story. I kept hoping he would die. I reaaaally hate him.

And he is hot.
#27  December 02, 2018, 10:21:02 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!

If you are talking about Terumi, then it is probably the way he presents it. As horrible as he is, he is entertaining. Even the anime, as bad as it was, managed to capture that.

I do wonder if OHMSBY will keep his extra meter gain or not. The lack of a partner changes the way characters play, so, you could probably get away with keeping it in. Choosing the supers will probably be the hardest part. Serpent's Cursed Sting is pretty much necessary due to how often it is used, but then what will be the second one? Divine Twin Blades, Serpent's Laceration or Gleaming Fang? As I was making him in a MBAC style, I could get away with using almost all of his moves, but you are much more limited here with everything, especially supers.
#28  December 02, 2018, 10:52:50 pm
    • Japan

And he is hot.

I can understand that to a degree, I love Mai-chan because she's adorable and I love her personality. Plus, I absolutely love her playstyle.

If you are talking about Terumi, then it is probably the way he presents it. As horrible as he is, he is entertaining. Even the anime, as bad as it was, managed to capture that.

I do wonder if OHMSBY will keep his extra meter gain or not. The lack of a partner changes the way characters play, so, you could probably get away with keeping it in. Choosing the supers will probably be the hardest part. Serpent's Cursed Sting is pretty much necessary due to how often it is used, but then what will be the second one? Divine Twin Blades, Serpent's Laceration or Gleaming Fang? As I was making him in a MBAC style, I could get away with using almost all of his moves, but you are much more limited here with everything, especially supers.

Oh definately, he was entertaining but I still wanted him to freaking die every single time people I cared about got hurt or cried or got upset because of something he stirred into motion. I'm not saying he was a bad character/villian, I just really really hated his guts lmao.
#29  December 02, 2018, 11:01:30 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
>Terumi next

Oooooooooooooh
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#30  December 02, 2018, 11:16:57 pm
    • USA
Choosing the supers will probably be the hardest part. Serpent's Cursed Sting is pretty much necessary due to how often it is used, but then what will be the second one? Divine Twin Blades, Serpent's Laceration or Gleaming Fang? As I was making him in a MBAC style, I could get away with using almost all of his moves, but you are much more limited here with everything, especially supers.

Here's what I'm thinking:
Screeches of the Condemned and Dungeon of Serpents will be his two distortion drives, while the rest will be made into Force Breaks/EX Specials. Serpent's Laceration could work as a follow up from Cleaving Fang, similarly to how I implemented Mai's Shearing Cherry Blossom Storm. Serpent's Cursed Sting could also be an EX Special, although in this case, I'm not sure if it should keep going until Terumi's meter is empty (Like in Chronophantasma and Central Fiction) or if it should only go for fixed amount of time.

#31  December 02, 2018, 11:28:30 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Here's what I'm thinking:
Screeches of the Condemned and Dungeon of Serpents will be his two distortion drives, while the rest will be made into Force Breaks/EX Specials. Serpent's Laceration could work as a follow up from Cleaving Fang, similarly to how I implemented Mai's Shearing Cherry Blossom Storm. Serpent's Cursed Sting could also be an EX Special, although in this case, I'm not sure if it should keep going until Terumi's meter is empty (Like in Chronophantasma and Central Fiction) or if it should only go for fixed amount of time.
Serpent's Cursed Stings seems a little too flashy for an EX Special. Serpent's Laceration is more fitting due to its short duration. Screeches of the Condemned is probably the most demanding out of them all as far as graphics go since it has both Ouroboros and the effects when Terumi jumps towards the enemy in addition to the final hit..
#32  December 03, 2018, 12:12:52 am
    • USA
Yeah, come to think of it, the effects for Screeches may end up making the file size higher than it needs to be. So it would probably be best to have Serpent's Cursed Sting and Dungeon of Serpents as the two distortions, plus Terumi would still have Gleaming Fang as a long range option.
#33  December 03, 2018, 03:19:30 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

Some people living on the western hemisphere prefer manliness, and Azrael tends to represent that ideal. Though I won't deny I like his Chrono Phantasma theme.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#34  December 03, 2018, 04:41:32 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I think he was talking about Terumi.
#35  December 04, 2018, 05:38:19 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#36  December 04, 2018, 05:47:38 am
    • Japan
I think he was talking about Terumi.
He was talking about Terumi.

That was the entire point of Terumi. He's meant to be a despicable hateable asshole.

Yeah I know that was the point, but as a result I never played him ONCE in BlazBlue. I hated him so much I never touched his character. Only time I've even remotely played as him was in Mugen. Again, in terms of a character he's great. They did a FANTASTIC job with him, too good of a job, as I hated him so much I never touched him in BlazBlue.
#37  December 04, 2018, 06:26:21 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
 I think the main problem with Terumi was that he never, ever got his comeuppance until Central Fiction, which is way too long enough to piss everyone off just enough to make any of his positive traits negligible. Worse off is Terumi also killed off the hype of other characters in the process of shitting up the story. A Karma Houdini, hero or villain, protagonist or antagonist, is never a good thing.

BlazBlue's atrocious narrative aside, I'm glad all the issues that I found during beta testing in Azrael were fixed. Good job as always. Meanwhile, I'll still continue voting for Kuroko no matter how hopeless it is.
#38  December 06, 2018, 02:23:54 am
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
I think the main problem with Terumi was that he never, ever got his comeuppance until Central Fiction, which is way too long enough to piss everyone off just enough to make any of his positive traits negligible. Worse off is Terumi also killed off the hype of other characters in the process of shitting up the story. A Karma Houdini, hero or villain, protagonist or antagonist, is never a good thing.

BlazBlue's atrocious narrative aside, I'm glad all the issues that I found during beta testing in Azrael were fixed. Good job as always. Meanwhile, I'll still continue voting for Kuroko no matter how hopeless it is.

I'm with you there!!
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#39  January 02, 2019, 08:42:23 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
is there any news about Japaneses Dub?
Re: Azrael v1.02
#40  March 08, 2019, 01:01:00 am
    • USA
Azrael has been updated. Go ahead and download him again.

- Upgraded to Nep Heart's Burst system (Azrael can now burst during custom states, but not during throws and supers)
- All attacks now deal extra damage on counter hit
- Gustav Buster now causes the opponent to stagger on counter hit
- Fixed an error where Azrael could potentially chain into his normal grab with precise timing
- Added special intro with Waldstein
Re: Azrael v1.06
#41  September 28, 2019, 10:34:34 pm
    • USA
Big Update time. Go ahead and download Azrael again.

- New system mechanic: Ultra Burst. Burst can now be used in a neutral state, and doing so will put Azrael in a powered up state that gives the following benefits:
 +Health and Meter will gradually recover overtime (Unless you're taking damage)
 +Damage output will be increased by 20%
 +Timer will be frozen
 +Hitting the opponent with the Ultra Burst will launch them upward and will be unable to recover from it
 +Hitting the opponent with the ultra burst will also grant 500 meter instantly
The time that the Ultra Burst state will last is proportionate to the amount of health lost prior to activating, Attempting an astral heat will immediately end the Ultra Burst state
- Implemented throw escape system, the opponent can now escape Azrael's normal throws by inputting A+B, B+C, X+Y, or Z within 14 frames after being grabbed. However, throws are inescapable on counterhit
- New Burst icon
- New cut in portrait for astral heat
- Revised Burst System
- New Astral Heat Background
- After a successful Burst, none of Azrael's attacks will connect until the opponent has recovered
- Fixed an error where Azrael could rapid cancel his burst
- Fixed an error where the counter message wouldn't show up for Phalanx
- Azrael now makes use of custom fall states, bypassing fall.defence_up
- Fixed Truncation errors
- Implemented Incremental cornerpush and hitsun decay
- Applied Black Hawk Stinger's Large Hitspark to the last hit of Full Spartan
- Changed Scale from .315,.315 to .33,.33
- Added AI
- Added special intros against Kokonoe and Iron Tager
Re: Azrael v1.07
#42  March 21, 2020, 09:55:11 pm
    • USA
Azrael has received a quick update. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Fixed an error in the incremental cornerpush code
- Made some adjustments to damage scaling
- Fixed some misaligned hitsparks
- Added special intro against Akatsuki
Re: Azrael v1.071
#43  March 22, 2020, 05:59:37 am
    • USA
There was a minor detail that I forgot to fix. It has been taken care of now.

- Added Dash Dust to the running grab
#44  May 17, 2020, 04:23:22 am
    • Brazil
So, I need a little help again. I've been making another JP sound patch, this time for Azrael and i'm almost finished again. All I need this time is some quotes (which i'm guessing is for Akatsuki, Kokonoe and Tager) as I don't know where they are from.
#45  May 17, 2020, 04:39:25 am
    • USA
The Akatsuki quote is included with the rest of the voice clips found at the sounds resource in the battle folder, just look for "vbtl_baz_uak#1 (baz600uak).wav".

The voice clips for the Kokonoe and Tager interactions are from Blazblue Chronophantasma, and the voice rips, both english and japanese, can be found here.
#46  May 17, 2020, 06:55:51 pm
    • Brazil
The Akatsuki quote is included with the rest of the voice clips found at the sounds resource in the battle folder, just look for "vbtl_baz_uak#1 (baz600uak).wav".

The voice clips for the Kokonoe and Tager interactions are from Blazblue Chronophantasma, and the voice rips, both english and japanese, can be found here.

Oh, I didn't look hard enough for Akatsuki's file. My bad. And here's the patch: https://www.mediafire.com/file/6noy524r8obnhqp/AzraelJPN.rar/file
#47  August 15, 2020, 08:20:19 am
  • Climax Sacrifice
    • sites.google.com/site/infantry00blog
Excuse me.
Why can't attempt the astral move when i'm during rapid cancel in every move one time
#48  August 16, 2020, 07:26:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Astral requires a full bar, if you RC you no longer have a full bar.
#49  August 17, 2020, 11:52:37 am
  • Climax Sacrifice
    • sites.google.com/site/infantry00blog
I can't in full bar astral because I'm done for rapid cancel one time per battle. BTW i'm in training mode
#50  August 17, 2020, 06:31:43 pm
    • Aruba
astral can only access if you win one round and full meter. Also like Darkflare said if you RC you no longer have a full bar.
#51  August 18, 2020, 10:21:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
I can't in full bar astral because I'm done for rapid cancel one time per battle. BTW i'm in training mode
Astral also requires the opponent to be at low health.

Either way, you can't actually do it in an actual match unless you cheat and modify the power limit or play on Simul.

astral can only access if you win one round and full meter. Also like Darkflare said if you RC you no longer have a full bar.
Ohmsby's characters allow Astral in any round. You just need the other requirements.
#52  August 18, 2020, 06:22:57 pm
    • Aruba
Oh right. Forgot about that.