YesNoOk

How to easily arrange sprite order in a SFF file? (Read 3486 times)

Started by Baby Bonnie Hood, July 29, 2018, 08:49:59 am
Share this topic:
How to easily arrange sprite order in a SFF file?
#1  July 29, 2018, 08:49:59 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
It bothers me when I see sprite numbers out of order in Fighter Factory 3, and a little inconvenient because I expect, say, the standing sprites to be at the beginning and the gethits to be somewhere in the middle or latter half.  There appears to be no way to just put a sprite in a different position, or I'm not finding the correct feature.  If I fail to find a solution to this, I'll have to resort to exporting and importing the sprites back into the SFF which is just additional unnecessary work.

So is there an easier way?
Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:40:42 am by Baby Bonnie Hood
Re: How to easily arrange sprite order in a SFF file?
#2  July 29, 2018, 09:02:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
View > Organizer.
Then on the right you get a list of your sprites and their order. You can use the Auto button to sort them according to their numerical values.
You can also select groups and use the up and down arrows to move them up or down the list. Using the 10 at a time button moving them goes pretty fast.
You can move your palettes around by pressing the icon and doing the same thing.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  July 29, 2018, 09:40:18 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
So I was indeed just missing a feature, this Organizer is perfect and makes everything easier.  Thanks!
#4  July 29, 2018, 03:35:34 pm
    • crepa.neocities.org
I don't blame you because I also found out about the organizer just recently. xD