YesNoOk

What's this? (Hitboxes) (Read 1654 times)

Started by HyperCelebi, August 06, 2018, 02:55:52 pm
Share this topic:
What's this? (Hitboxes)
#1  August 06, 2018, 02:55:52 pm
    • Germany
So, in Mugen 1.0, I watched a fight between Goku Black by Heal the World and Piccolo by kenshiro99.
When Piccolo gets hit by a certain attack from Goku Black (I don't know which since I don't play him myself), which looks like some sort of combination attack with a flight and sprint, his blue collision boxes turn light green-ish in colour. When this occurs, he seems invincible / not hittable.
What's this kind of bug? I also noticed this sometimes with KH2 Final Mix Sora by Ichisennen/ZXtales23, but it occured randomly fighting varying opponents. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

It seems that Piccolo tends to keep his invulnerability from landing on the ground from the attack:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hope you guys can help me out!
Re: What's this? (Hitboxes)
#2  August 06, 2018, 03:29:50 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
You're correct in saying light blue/cyan denotes invulnerability. It's possible Goku Black put Piccolo into a custom state which grants Piccolo invulnerability in order to prevent him from being hit out of it, though if this is persisting past the attack, then it's possible Goku Black doesn't specify when to end the invulnerability.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#3  August 06, 2018, 03:32:55 pm
    • Vietnam
    • sites.google.com/view/vinnie-mugen-projects/home
Those light green colored boxes are not glitched, the "Nothitby" state did it. And by that, you won't be able to attack him until it turns back to blue.
#4  August 06, 2018, 07:25:00 pm
    • Germany
Those light green colored boxes are not glitched, the "Nothitby" state did it. And by that, you won't be able to attack him until it turns back to blue.

The problem is that the "nothitby" stays for the rest of the round after Piccolo got hit by mentioned attack.
I meant to ask, how I can fix the coding, did the Author forget to put a changestate somewhere or what is causing this?
I am no coder so that's why I'm asking.

And sorry besides, I may not have stated correctly what I wanted to ask.

You're correct in saying light blue/cyan denotes invulnerability. It's possible Goku Black put Piccolo into a custom state which grants Piccolo invulnerability in order to prevent him from being hit out of it, though if this is persisting past the attack, then it's possible Goku Black doesn't specify when to end the invulnerability.

So, I'd need to look which state the attack is, which is causing the problem, and look for a "nothitby" state?
Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 07:29:49 pm by HyperCelebi
#5  August 08, 2018, 11:43:20 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Usually you'd need a selfstate at the end of the throw-type move.
Use debug to watch what state's they both go into when the move happens. Then back track through the CNS. If they do use custom states and animation make sure piccolo doesn't have them.

Do other characters have this happen to them, or just this piccolo??
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv