YesNoOk

Hyrule Warriors (WiiU) (Read 249704 times)

Started by DNZRX768, December 18, 2013, 11:52:17 pm
Share this topic:
Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)
#1  December 18, 2013, 11:52:17 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
Re: Hyrule Warriors (WiiU)
#2  December 18, 2013, 11:53:54 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
If you ever played dynasty warriors its gonna be good. The only fear I have is if they keep expanding it to Hyrule Warriors Extreme legends or empires...
#3  December 19, 2013, 12:09:40 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Oh I have played Dynasty Warriors.

It is fun!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#4  December 19, 2013, 12:51:41 am
    • Argentina
ganon campain
#5  December 19, 2013, 01:04:22 am
The only fear I have is if they keep expanding it to Hyrule Warriors Extreme legends or empires...
Despite their track record for the main Dynasty series, I don't see them building up each race into that, the main characters (Link, Ganon, Zelda) are pretty much the only notable characters they could make playable. It looks more like a one-time game, like Bladestorm and Legends of Troy. But you can bet they'll make a Warrior Orochi 4 with Link as an exclusive on the Wii U version though.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#6  December 19, 2013, 01:05:51 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
A Zelda game with mass slaughter?

I'm interested. :yippi:
#7  December 19, 2013, 01:16:21 am
  • Wherever theres chaos, I'll be there.
Who do you think will be playable besides Link, Zelda and Ganon?

I'm guessing Midna and/or Wolf Link, Vaati, Skull Kid, and the one I'm hoping for, one of Them from Majora's Mask.
#8  December 19, 2013, 01:53:20 am
    • New Zealand
    • saiyajinmui.mugen-infantry.net/

I'm guessing Midna and/or Wolf Link, Vaati, Skull Kid, and the one I'm hoping for, one of Them from Majora's Mask.

I'm guessing there may be a playable Goron of some description. Rolling into enemies, picking up rocks/bomb flowers and punching will fir the idea of the game.
#9  December 19, 2013, 02:08:59 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
To be honest I've never played Zelda for the combat aspect.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#10  December 19, 2013, 02:20:37 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors.

Sure, why not? Throw in a pre-made game engine, replace with Zelda characters, BAM. New game.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#11  December 19, 2013, 03:12:53 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
^The sad thing is that this gimmick has got me sold.
I'm such a huge Zelda fan, this game is an absolute MUST buy.

I'm super curious, interested and hype to see the new combat aspects of the game, what the plot will be and if there will still be maps/puzzles/prerequisites that need to be solved like all other previous Zelda games.

SNT

#12  December 19, 2013, 05:12:29 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Depends how much of the franchise they want to cover.  The DW games themselves cover over a century of classical Chinese literature; Hyrule Warriors could be anything from just Ocarina onward, or as far back as the original.  And on top of that, there are what, five or so different Links that could get in?
#13  December 19, 2013, 06:50:10 am
  • For honor!
Every NPC from Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda; Wand of Gamelon except for King Harkinian and Ganon

The FOX animated versions of King Harkinian and Ganon. They're vastly superior to the CD-I versions.
Iroha stripped for me
#14  December 19, 2013, 07:40:14 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Calling it. This will be the game before Zelda ALttP during the Sealing War.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#15  December 19, 2013, 10:23:28 am
Link was already dead during that war though.
I'm not expecting to get several versions of Link, their attacks aren't unique enough. There's one Link that seems to have all variations of the spin attack, all sorts of weapons (bombs) and even magic. Unless this was just for the demo and they'll split that into different versions of Link (with different models), it could work. Like a swords-master class Link, a mage class Link, an archer class, a "random weapon" class...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#16  December 19, 2013, 01:26:33 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#17  December 19, 2013, 01:54:45 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
No, this:

If it's simply a spinoff with its own vague story connections to the rest of the series, I say throw Zelda, Sheik, and Tetra in as separate characters. Battle mage, ninja, and pirate queen. Also, the true Goron badass Darmani.

Because whoa.

There are a ton of secondary characters throughout the lore to pick and choose from, adapting them to fit their needs. OoT Impa, Byrne, Agahnim, Nabooru (or Avail), Ravio, Yuga, Twinrova, Vaati, Onox, Veran, Zant, Midna, the resistance from TP, Blind the thief... I'm waiting to see what they do. Hell, the name isn't even final.
#18  December 19, 2013, 02:40:00 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Ok, plenty of reasons to get a WiiU now.

About the discussion, as Judas said, there are a lot of characters that can get used, Link's uncle from alttp, even goddamn Tingle could be used.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#19  December 19, 2013, 03:05:11 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
Dark Link? Phantom Ganon? Fierce Deity? Igos du Ikana?!

I really hope it's good. Was there any kind of release date info?
#20  December 19, 2013, 03:12:31 pm
The video from the Nintendo Direct is all there is, it was just a teaser and they specified that it has only just begun. So no date yet, and it's probably not coming in 2014. It could even be tied to the next Zelda, too (that blue scarf could be for/from it), so a random guess from me would be second half of 2015.

Dark Link? Phantom Ganon? Fierce Deity? Igos du Ikana?!
Now I want that too. I wouldn't see it from Nintendo but it's right up Koei's alley.

Oh, also
I'm super curious, interested and hype to see the new combat aspects of the game, what the plot will be and if there will still be maps/puzzles/prerequisites that need to be solved like all other previous Zelda games.
The video shows Link opening a chest and getting something from it, so I would imagine they are at least trying to include something like that in some form or another. Not sure about Zelda-like puzzles and explorations though, maybe figuring out ways to unlock full maps at most, but without specific gameplay elements that aren't just smashing stuff with swords or blowing up stuff with bombs (destructible walls, so). That can lead to hidden chests with upgrades.
Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 03:24:44 pm by DKDC